AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2018-04-14, 12:11   Link #1981
Wandering Soul
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: America
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
And he lived up to his name sake, because Ichigo turned from reddits sweet little strawberry to b**** needs to die
I haven't even been on Reddit yet, and I'm already dreading the reception Ichigo will receive after this episode.

Would it be wrong to say Nagai struck again?
__________________
Wandering Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-14, 12:12   Link #1982
blakstealth
Cinderella Gang or Die
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Why was I expecting that Hiro and 02 would be able to talk it out? IT NEVER GOES THAT WAY. IT WOULD BE TOO EASY

Also, I don't hate Ichigo at all; but I hope Hiro replies to her confession in the next ep or whenever with something like, "Sorry, but I made a promise with someone a long time ago...that we would be together forever."
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-14, 12:14   Link #1983
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Mt. Ordeals
Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
I also don't get why people don't see why Hiro said what he did in the hospital room to 02. it's pretty clear who was in the wrong in that situation.
We do know they've mind-linked last episode, and he was the first person who was the first victim of 02's berserk state (choke marks and all) DESPITE being her darling. Sure 02 may have been in the wrong, but he should have known 02 is not in the right state of mind. Calling her a monster made it even worse...
__________________

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-14, 12:15   Link #1984
PhoenixRising
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
I haven't even been on Reddit yet, and I'm already dreading the reception Ichigo will receive after this episode.

Would it be wrong to say Nagai struck again?
Nope, probably not wrong. I'm still a little mad about Iron-blooded Orphans.

I've just been on gogoanime and my mind is still spinning from all of the updating comments. I can't keep up with them. Now that I've calmed down a bit, all I can say is poor Goro. He deserves better than this.

@blakstealth I agree. I hope Hiro rejects her confession, even if its just a calm one, so that she can stop chasing him.
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-14, 12:15   Link #1985
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
Also, I don't hate Ichigo at all; but I hope Hiro replies to her confession in the next ep or whenever with something like, "Sorry, but I made a promise with someone a long time ago...that we would be together forever."
That's not gonna happen. If Hiro does go looking for 02 next episode, the writers will make sure everything is gonna play out in a way that allows Ichigo to keep pining after his D for the rest of the series. That's how these writers do shit after all. They do their hardest to not resolve anything.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-14, 12:16   Link #1986
HtwoN
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Texas, US
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
Why was I expecting that Hiro and 02 would be able to talk it out? IT NEVER GOES THAT WAY. IT WOULD BE TOO EASY

Also, I don't hate Ichigo at all; but I hope Hiro replies to her confession in the next ep or whenever with something like, "Sorry, but I made a promise with someone a long time ago...that we would be together forever."
If Hiro decides to stay with Ichigo after remembering all the suffering 02 had to go through, I'm gonna kick his candy ass.
HtwoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-14, 12:19   Link #1987
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
We do know they've mind-linked last episode, and he was the first person who was the first victim of 02's berserk state (choke marks and all) DESPITE being her darling. Sure 02 may have been in the wrong, but he should have known 02 is not in the right state of mind. Calling her a monster made it even worse...
she did an inhuman thing after being sleighted. granted, she wasn't in a right mind, but it's pretty clear he escaped despite being under watch. the natural reaction isn't to beat up everyone, which is why he called her a monster. though this all could have been avoided if Ichigo didn't screw up as badly as she did. she was the catalyst for every event that happened here.

there's also no way Hiro stays with Ichigo. he's looking up at the transport as it flies away, despite Ichigo being right there with him. See the White Album 2 ending.
__________________
Aria is the best series EVER. Rewatch Origination with me.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-14, 12:23   Link #1988
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
the natural reaction isn't to beat up everyone
You don't expect the "natural reaction" from someone clearly unstable.

This isn't about her being "in the wrong." That's irrelevant because she probably doesn't even know what that means and even if she knew, she's clearly not in the state of mind to be able to behave like that anyway. Context is a thing, you know.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-14, 12:33   Link #1989
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
You don't expect the "natural reaction" from someone clearly unstable.

This isn't about her being "in the wrong." That's irrelevant because she probably doesn't even know what that means and even if she knew, she's clearly not in the state of mind to be able to behave like that anyway. Context is a thing, you know.
sure context is a thing. i don't expect a natural reaction from someone that was not in the right mind. keep in mind that 02 has gone out of her way to develop relationships with the other pilots over the last 6 episodes, which admittedly regressed over the last few eps, so she knows what's socially proper.

but look at it from Hiro's POV. he goes to the house, sees that everything in her room is beat to shit, goes back to the hospital, and finds that she beat up everyone. as far as he knows, 02 has only been kept away by Ichigo's command. not being forcibly kept away. so to him, it'd probably seem like an overreaction.
__________________
Aria is the best series EVER. Rewatch Origination with me.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-14, 12:33   Link #1990
vic-vic
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: forge-world Moscow 1
Age: 32
While Zero Two's past is very traumatic, it's still didn't change the fact that 02 killed a lot of Stamens, her reckless fighting style led members of 26th plantation's fighting forces to death and before she learnt the truth she was pretty okay with offing Hiro.

I know that most of cucrcumstances was out of her control, but I sides with Ichigo in this conflict. BTW, as we all could see in episode 12, Zero Two's erratic behaviour is downright dangerous to members of 13th plantation too - her crazy stunts threw entire teamwork out of window
vic-vic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-14, 12:34   Link #1991
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Jogja
Age: 29
Last episode:
Our MF sends a killer trough pass to the FW
Our FW is in position 1 on 1 versus opponent's GK!
Today episode:
Our FW failed to scored a goal in the worst way possible
__________________
Wedang Jahe Kalengan, teman anda melewati malam yang dingin dan sepi!

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!
gecd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-14, 12:35   Link #1992
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: In a cruel yet beautiful world
Age: 26
Holy shit, 57 people viewing this thread at the time of me posting this, lol. I'm going to watch the episode soon, but reading through the response here doesn't have me hopeful.
__________________
Kismet-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-14, 12:35   Link #1993
Trung-t-rung
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sion Astal View Post
Hiro should be considered the main heroine simply because every girl in this series has more guts than him. Honestly I can't understand how there is still people that self-insert or defend Hiro so hard after what he did.

I'm worried about Goro right now, I can feel a death flag coming soon.
Because Hiro seemed to be the only one who's constantly getting cockblocked from doing what he wanted and still overcome that so far. Can't pilot robot, meet 02, allow him to pilot, got blocked by Ichigo and failed his sync, blocked by Mitsuru and his own depressed state, blocked by dystopian gov. => opposed the gov to do that
Moving on second arc, wanting to understand 02, nope she blocked most of his attempt at actually helping/understanding/talking to her(again, this kid has no education or any example how to deal with this problem in relationships). Get called a fodder, having to constantly braked and reined back 02 who made several mistakes during battles that could have themselves killed. Get choked. Still mostly forgive her for now.
Got stopped from talking to 02, broke out of a hospital room guarded 24/7 by his friends. And now he saw 02 beating up all his friends while trying to choke one.

The problem is none of the characters, barred 02, got to deal with things like this. None of the parasites have completely lost their reason for living(as indoctrinated) by the first episode, or having their partner made several attempts on your life.
What's the worst thing Goro have to deal with? Ichigo throwing a tantrum? Himself afraid to give Ichigo a hairclip for about 10 years?
Zorome facing the thing that could have challenged his worldview and conveniently forgot about it? Mitsuru who becomes an in-universe equivalent of a social outcast because of a broken childhood promise, whose sync rates magically recovered thanks to a girl seeing his broken, bad boy persona? The less I have to talk about Futoshi the better.
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-14, 12:39   Link #1994
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
sure context is a thing. i don't expect a natural reaction from someone that was not in the right mind. keep in mind that 02 has gone out of her way to develop relationships with the other pilots over the last 6 episodes
No she didn't. She barely interacted with them. You need more than that to build a genuine relationship.

Quote:
look at it from Hiro's POV. he goes to the house, sees that everything in her room is beat to shit, goes back to the hospital, and finds that she beat up everyone. as far as he knows, 02 has only been kept away by Ichigo's command. not being forcibly kept away. so to him, it'd probably seem like an overreaction
Again, context is a thing. After what he learned last episode, he should know what's going on with 02. Yet, he behaves like none of that matters. He's an idiot.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-14, 12:44   Link #1995
foxbox360
New Age Badass
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Charlotte, NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by vic-vic View Post
While Zero Two's past is very traumatic, it's still didn't change the fact that 02 killed a lot of Stamens, her reckless fighting style led members of 26th plantation's fighting forces to death and before she learnt the truth she was pretty okay with offing Hiro.

I know that most of cucrcumstances was out of her control, but I sides with Ichigo in this conflict. BTW, as we all could see in episode 12, Zero Two's erratic behaviour is downright dangerous to members of 13th plantation too - her crazy stunts threw entire teamwork out of window
I side with nether girls because both of them are crazy and selfish even though zero two has a excuse because of her hellish upbringing. Hiro made one big misunderstanding and now grounded for the next two episodes.
__________________
Mecha need to evolve!!!!!
foxbox360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-14, 12:44   Link #1996
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by vic-vic View Post
While Zero Two's past is very traumatic, it's still didn't change the fact that 02 killed a lot of Stamens, her reckless fighting style led members of 26th plantation's fighting forces to death and before she learnt the truth she was pretty okay with offing Hiro.
Here's a question. Why should she care about these people? Caring about others is not something that comes naturally to human beings. We learn it. From our family, from building relationships with others, from watching tv. We learn it.

But what about 02? What did she learn by being tortured and treated like an object? Certainly she didn't learn to care about others, and that's totally understandable.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-14, 12:48   Link #1997
Trung-t-rung
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Again, context is a thing. After what he learned last episode, he should know what's going on with 02. Yet, he behaves like none of that matters. He's an idiot.
Context is a thing. Badly worded it maybe, it was an appropriate response when you see your girlfriend(?) beating all your long time friends and trying to choke the life out of another. Not exactly a state of mind for someone to go full DIPLOMACY. Unless double standard is applied when Zero Two beating up important for friends of Hiro as well as declaring him fodder while he was trying to keep themselved from getting killed during the last battle is forgivable while he stated an easily misunderstood but somewhat true statement then he is the worst scum on earth
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-14, 12:49   Link #1998
Mistyclear
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Even worse the adults may have made it so she wouldn’t care about others...the adults are interested in her the most so far as we know. I wouldn’t be surprised if the adults told her that everyone is expendable aside from herself. They also might have told her that she’ll meet darling again if she gave it her all for their sakes.
Mistyclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-14, 12:51   Link #1999
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
No she didn't. She barely interacted with them. You need more than that to build a genuine relationship.



Again, context is a thing. After what he learned last episode, he should know what's going on with 02. Yet, he behaves like none of that matters. He's an idiot.
no one said anything about a genuine relationship. i'm saying she knows what's socially acceptable.

what exactly is "going on with 02"? all her motivations have come from wanting to become human. beating up everyone isn't that. he needed to cut deep, but didn't realize what she had gone through while he was hospitalized, so he cut deeper than intended.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Here's a question. Why should she care about these people? Caring about others is not something that comes naturally to human beings. We learn it. From our family, from building relationships with others, from watching tv. We learn it.
ah, this is what you're basing your argument on. makes sense now, because that's incorrect. caring for others and wanted to be cared for are inherent to most animals (in this example, assume primates and their derivatives).
__________________
Aria is the best series EVER. Rewatch Origination with me.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-14, 12:52   Link #2000
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistyclear View Post
Even worse the adults may have made it so she wouldn’t care about others...the adults are interested in her the most so far as we know. I wouldn’t be surprised if the adults told her that everyone is expendable aside from herself. They also might have told her that she’ll meet darling again if she gave it her all for their sakes.
Honestly, they wouldn't even need to tell her that. That's the conclusion she would have made just from the way she was treated.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:30.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.