AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2010-08-08, 18:33   Link #61
drobertbaker
Major Lurker

Location: <clap> <clap> <clap> <clap> Deep in the Heart of Texas
And Houki has Alicia's headscarf from Valkyria Chronicles.
Old 2010-08-08, 21:01   Link #62
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
In the words....or word of one great man, "Indeed"

Now I'll just go ahead and voice something that just needs to be voiced for the sake of it but doesn't mean I actually got a problem with since this being anime and all but why don't they have helmets in their awesomely cool mecha battle suit?

The music there is really good, I like it alot, very fitting given it's only a PV. Looking forward to that aspect of the show.
Yah i thought the lack of helmets was odd for these power armor. According to the novel all the suits got uber energy shields, and all the senor data/battlefield scans are send directly to the pilot's brain. Basically when they wear the suits they have 360 degree vision plus the HUD and all that jazz show up in their eyes.

I still would like helmets though especially considering its been mentioned that these things can go into space.
Angrypokstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-09, 03:41   Link #63
Renya

watched the trailer on youtube by mediafactory (dunno how to embed onto forums i always fail at it)
Looking forward when it comes out, don't think it will be winter this year but lucky if we do.

Edit: Realised no mangas for this right o.o?

Last edited by Renya; 2010-08-09 at 03:51.
Renya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-09, 04:29   Link #64
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renya View Post
Edit: Realised no mangas for this right o.o?
There is actually one, just nobody's scanning it atm.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-09, 04:31   Link #65
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Youtube link of the PV:

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-09, 04:33   Link #66
Renya

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
There is actually one, just nobody's scanning it atm.
oh darn i guess i'll check the light novel then >.<
Old 2010-08-09, 04:37   Link #67
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
EDIT: Just watched the PV, that one line sums this up pretty nicely (Mecha x Pretty Girl haha). The visuals do look really nice. Looks like my good faith in this series hasn't been misplaced.
One more question, any of those suits come equipped with missile packs.. need some Itano circus...
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-09, 04:57   Link #68
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Inifinte Stratos is not very compared to Strike Witches but to Buso Shinki.
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-09, 05:19   Link #69
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renya View Post
oh darn i guess i'll check the light novel then >.<
You can read chapter 1 online actually here. It's not the same as the novel intro though (you would have to ask someone to translate it but you sound like you can read Japanese so ...).

Coincidentally, it's the same place where you can read first chapter of
Kikou Shoujo wa Kizutsukanai (as well as MM! and Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai too, but those are scanned), but Mayo Chiki! is not uploaded yet =(.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
One more question, any of those suits come equipped with missile packs.. need some Itano circus...
That's a good question, I remember lots of beams (including a DRAGOON type of thing as well as plasma blasts/laser) but I don't think there are actual missiles. Could be wrong though. My memory is spotty at best due to various issues at the moment.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-09, 05:56   Link #70
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

I thought at first this was a IS with Iori.....but I was surprised it was a mecha-musume anime.
Old 2010-08-09, 09:37   Link #71
Renya

Quote:
You can read chapter 1 online actually here. It's not the same as the novel intro though (you would have to ask someone to translate it but you sound like you can read Japanese so ...).

Coincidentally, it's the same place where you can read first chapter of
Kikou Shoujo wa Kizutsukanai (as well as MM! and Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai too, but those are scanned), but Mayo Chiki! is not uploaded yet =(.

That's a good question, I remember lots of beams (including a DRAGOON type of thing as well as plasma blasts/laser) but I don't think there are actual missiles. Could be wrong though. My memory is spotty at best due to various issues at the moment.
hehe thxs for the link :P
looks interesting, my japanese isn't that - i still get confused on some words/sentences and need to read up on it >.<. Anyone know a rough date it will be airing?

I was thinking of winter/spring
Old 2010-08-09, 14:35   Link #72
tsunade666

I wish it would be winter.

dragoon type? what gundam? and lots of laser beams... hmm so it's a modern type so their wouldn't be a world war II weaponry.

Thanks for the link. The guy also reminds me of gundam pilots.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-09, 17:56   Link #73
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I wish it would be winter.

dragoon type? what gundam? and lots of laser beams... hmm so it's a modern type so their wouldn't be a world war II weaponry.

Thanks for the link. The guy also reminds me of gundam pilots.
More back ground info on the setting I learned from vol 1 that I decided to re-read again in detail instead of just skim through like i did the first time. I must say the thing still feels cliched as hell.

Yah it is a 20 minutes into the future kinda setting, the world's technology is mostly no more advanced than the present. Except for The IS which are such technological breakthrough that they are considered decades or even centuries ahead their world's technology. And of course Japan happens to invent these wonder machines and the Scientist who designed the Mechs happens to mysteriously vanish leaving designs for only a limited numbers of original suits, Plus the core blue print are all black boxed so the design can't be studied and analyzed and only replicated with limited success. Those original suits in question are hence distributed among the world's major powers to ensure no side abuse its power. A treaty is also set limiting the amount of IS allowed to exist. Currently only 467 are in service world wide.

The academy trains next generation pilot officers for militaries all over the world and the most promising cadet class rep are allowed to own a personalized original or souped up mass production copy pasta model IS.

If its anything to go by, the mechs in this novel are more powerful than some gundams. for one they all allow the pilots 100% battlefield and situational awareness and they all got Evangelion grade AT Fields, few conventional weapons can even hope to scratch the shields. It is said in the novel that should all the IS pilots decides to revolt , then the world's military would be utterly crushed within at best 3 days and worst 3 hours.

Last edited by Angrypokstick; 2010-08-09 at 20:17.
Old 2010-08-09, 18:03   Link #74
Dahak86
Classics never age

more powerful than gundams + Eva grade AT fields?! dam, Those IS machines are serious business indeed.
Old 2010-08-09, 19:02   Link #75
tsunade666

more serious than I thought and it's a good thing the most are female fighters. It's hard to imagine having a male psycho piloting it.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-09, 19:45   Link #76
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
more powerful than gundams + Eva grade AT fields?! dam, Those IS machines are serious business indeed.
I think they need to come up with a new term instead of serious, it doesn't quite cut it.
I mean any time between 3 days and 3 hours for world conquest!? thats way way way beyond serious
Old 2010-08-09, 20:20   Link #77
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
I think they need to come up with a new term instead of serious, it doesn't quite cut it.
I mean any time between 3 days and 3 hours for world conquest!? thats way way way beyond serious
It could be worse, they can make it in 6 hours, on the 6th minute on the 6th second. Well, that also aids in the symbolic meaning of end of world.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-09, 20:43   Link #78
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Whats great though. Is that the IS seems to have heralded an era of peace. As it seems that for the 10 years that IS have been around the world have never been so peaceful. though an international treaty exist to set on regulating the conditions for when the use of any IS outside of training is allowed.

Though there is an tournament every so often that happens where different country's IS compete for the title of number 1 in the world. The MC's sister was the winner of one such tournament. And Video games are made regularly to reflect these tournament(NHL, NBA series game like). Also is mentioned the huge and rather heated power level debate/ my country's IS is better than your country's or my country's IS pilot are hotter debates all over the internet due these video games.
Old 2010-08-09, 21:01   Link #79
hayate-sama
お姉さま、君はどこ

And here we have Ichika, the only male IS pilot in a academy full of female pilots, world domination sound easy to me now.
hayate-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-09, 21:13   Link #80
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

If only the protagonist was like Sugisaki, it would be his dream come true.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, ecchi, harem, mecha, romance, school life, sci-fi, shounen, stupid protagonist