AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Midori no Hibi

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-07-04, 18:50   Link #81
Itlandm
Porcupine

Sorry, but the only thing I can see in the ending that holds open the door for a second season is the fact that the main characters didn't die. The scenes that went along with the song in the end pretty much gave away the next months. That's your second season right there. She confessed with the first snow, and if they're still together in the spring, you can bet that either he has said "I love you" or she doesn't need him to. They are going steady! What else do we need? Wedding bells? Teen pregnancy? Sorry, I miss Ayase as much as the next boy, but the case is closed. Let us grieve silently and move on.
Old 2004-07-04, 19:37   Link #82
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itlandm
Sorry, but the only thing I can see in the ending that holds open the door for a second season is the fact that the main characters didn't die. The scenes that went along with the song in the end pretty much gave away the next months. That's your second season right there. She confessed with the first snow, and if they're still together in the spring, you can bet that either he has said "I love you" or she doesn't need him to. They are going steady! What else do we need? Wedding bells? Teen pregnancy? Sorry, I miss Ayase as much as the next boy, but the case is closed. Let us grieve silently and move on.
Yeah I agree. They pretty much wrapped up the whole story with the conclusive ending. There's really nothing much more to talk about; you guys probably want a sequel because you want to see more of the characters Generally people want continuations when things are left unresolved, but the anime tied up pretty much.. everything.

The hoping for a sequel is like how people hope for a sequel for like.. Boys Be (which had a ending which left a huge hint on how the future would progress, but also very much did not show the future, GYAAAaaAH!). We want to see more, we want to see how the characters progress.. The ending could have provided even more closure and such, but I guess it did a pretty good job already.
Old 2004-07-06, 00:15   Link #83
Fronzel
Schmuck

Bler.....it was awfully cliche over all, wasn't it? There was some good comedy for maybe 5 episodes, but then...boring.
Old 2004-07-08, 03:18   Link #84
K_R
also known as K!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yebyosh
Sticking with the anime, Midori
- never cares one bit for her grieving family for the entire 13 episodes except for one diary writing except where she writes "Don't cry mother, otherwise I would cry too". Shed one crocodile tear and then she's all...
Episode 2 - Midori tells Seiji that the reason she doesn't want to tell he mother is because it would make her mother even more sad. Plus, the show is not a 24-hour account of their life together, so maybe Midori does think about this quite often... who knows.

Quote:
- in efforts to prevent others from having the chance to date Seiji, screams and drags Seiji away.
Midori treats the situation as a real boyfriend/girlfriend relationship. A girl's job is to chase off the strays~

Quote:
- no character development, still the same ole "I luv Seiji" schtick.
I thought her diary entries were a progressive glimpse into how she thinks...

Quote:
- Why does she love Seiji? Nothing, unless you count the green-tinted flashbacks where she just stood there with downcast head as Seiji walks past. That's it, she's in love with his feet!!! Downright lovely feet I bet.
Watch episode 1 again. I'll make it easier for you, since researching is something you don't seem to like doing. Midori says
All of my friends are scared of Seiji-kun, the delinquent from Sakuradamon High School.
But I know that you are really a kind person.
You always protect those who are weak... that's the Seiji-kun that I love.
You can extrapolate two things from this:
Either Midori has witnessed Seiji saving someone in the same way he handled the Miya abduction (so she's on par with Takako).
Or she realised that there was more to Seiji than fighting for the sake of fighting (better than Takako).

Quote:
- The only saving grace: She's willing to defend Seiji against attacks. But isn't that a minimum requirement of love?
This ties in with your second point. Defending against physical attack is the same as defending against "love attacks".

Quote:
Ayase
- never blocked anyone trying to date Seiji
In case you never noticed, Seiji is Mr Rejection - there is no one to block. Girls run away from him, not to him. (Migite no Midori does not count)

Quote:
- while trying to entice Seiji with overdone sexiness, does not have the intention to seduce Seiji into bed. Her objective was to catch Seiji's attention.
I think it's funny you honestly believe that.

Quote:
- She only decided he could be her prince after she witnessed how Seiji handled the abduction of Miyahara (She learns that Seiji is more than a simple ruffian).
Did you actually watch the show? You shouldn't have had a problem understanding what Takako says during her confession - it's pretty basic Japanese (unless you watched a bad translation...)
atashi...
sawamura no koto ga suki na no!
furyou ni tasuketemorattatoki kara... zutto... zutto sawamura no koto ga-
The most important bit here is the "since the time you saved me from the delinquents".

Quote:
- She dares to try to win Seiji's heart and not stand there looking like a lamppost, hoping he'll come and say "Hi, wanna go out?!". Even Midori acknowledge that.
I'll forgive you since you probably don't have many Japanese girl friends. Japanese girls are very shy about boy-girl interation. We can even see this behaviour in Takako's attempts to woo Seiji - she could have easily said "suki desu" to Seiji much sooner, but decided to do all sorts of activities so he would say it instead. To paraphrase what you said: Takako is just a lamppost with flashing lights, hoping Seiji will come and say "Hi, wanna go out?!".
Old 2004-07-08, 03:21   Link #85
junko
model bliss

Personally, I prefer Ayase over Midori. But they were both kind of annoying in their attentions towards Seiji.

Midori: Seiji-kun, I love you! Notice me!
Ayase: Sawamura-kun, I'm naked, notice me!

I mean, their reasons for "loving" Seiji were pretty much the same. Midori was infatuated with him because he fought for other people. Ayase was enamored with him because he took a beating for his friend. What's the difference? Both liked him for superficial resons, if you ask me. At least Ayase had a brain.
Old 2004-07-08, 04:01   Link #86
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_R
Episode 2 - Midori tells Seiji that the reason she doesn't want to tell he mother is because it would make her mother even more sad. Plus, the show is not a 24-hour account of their life together, so maybe Midori does think about this quite often... who knows.
Yes, you can extrapolate other information in the episodes but conveniently ignore the fact that she continually ignored her family situation for her own happiness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_R
I thought her diary entries were a progressive glimpse into how she thinks...
Key : You think. It is not fact. The notes she wrote doesn't much reflect her development just writings on thoughts of the Days. Development is throughout and permenant, not just a sentence of the day that did not affect her behaviour in the future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_R
Watch episode 1 again. I'll make it easier for you, since researching is something you don't seem to like doing. Midori says
All of my friends are scared of Seiji-kun, the delinquent from Sakuradamon High School.
But I know that you are really a kind person.
You always protect those who are weak... that's the Seiji-kun that I love.
You can extrapolate two things from this:
Either Midori has witnessed Seiji saving someone in the same way he handled the Miya abduction (so she's on par with Takako).
Or she realised that there was more to Seiji than fighting for the sake of fighting (better than Takako).
Again it is your own extropolation. The speech can also mean the image she has always projected upon Seiji. Prove that she has seen Seiji protecting the weak since his youth before his entry into high school. If you do so much research, it is amazing you never notice the other stuff (e.g. lack of concern for her family members)
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_R
This ties in with your second point. Defending against physical attack is the same as defending against "love attacks".
What are you trying to say? My second point was the "dragging Seiji" bit. Do you read what I wrote? When I wrote about her saving grace, it was to show that the anime crew just repeated what every other show has given as the basic requirement of love to try to show that she 'love' Seiji. Any female anime character "in love" with the male protects him when she was given the opportunity to do so. The only ones who did not do so are the ones that will be rejected later. Surely the anime producers would not allow such a thing to happen for this series, yes?
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_R
Midori treats the situation as a real boyfriend/girlfriend relationship. Would you chastise your girlfriend for chasing off other girls?
Have you seen any couple where a woman screams and shout, dragging her boyfriend away from any woman who talk to him, continue on? In fact, do you see this scene happening everyday in front of you? The only relationships that have this happening end in darkness or seperation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_R
In case you never noticed, Seiji is Mr Rejection - there is no one to block. Girls run away from him, not to him. (Migite no Midori does not count)
Right... since he is Mr Rejection, Ayase must be running away from him as well... Oh yes, the little girl as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_R
I think it's funny you honestly believe that.
And I find it funny that with you talking about shy Japanese girls, you readily believe that any bold action on their part means "I want sex". Talk about stereotyping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_R
Did you actually watch the show? You shouldn't have had a problem understanding what Takako says during her confession - it's pretty basic Japanese (unless you watched a bad translation...)
atashi...
sawamura no koto ga suki na no!
furyou ni tasuketemorattatoki kara... zutto... zutto sawamura no koto ga-
The most important bit here is the "since the time you saved me from the delinquents".
Let me use what you like to use. Extropolate from that speech. Would it be more impactful if she had said "since you rescued Miyahara". Why not say that she was moved by his rescue but confirmed her feelings for him during Miyahara's rescue? But since her sense of goodwill started then, her mind would be drawn to that memorable instance even though her actual attachment didn't begin then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_R
I'll forgive you since you probably don't have many Japanese girl friends.
Forgive me for what? Truly you are condescending and arrogant with that remark.

Lamppost with flashing light? Ayase stands there waving her arms? Try to come up with a better analogy. Here let me come up one for you that would fit your character and manner of thinking about people. "A fly buzzing around Seiji."

There, that should fit what you think of Ayase and others right?

I'm curious on why Midori must be portrayed by your ilk to be a dear girl that everyone must like without anyone hating/disliking her instead?
Old 2004-07-08, 05:30   Link #87
K_R
also known as K!

Hm. I was merely rebutting your anti-Midori arguments, not championing Midori over Takako.

Clarification: "Forgive you for your seeming lack of knowledge on how Japanese girls interact with guys and all that stuff." The point of that remark was that you criticise Midori because she acts the way she does, which is in-character for a normal Japanese girl. I don't think you would be doing such if you really did know about this kind of stuff. And the best way to find out about this kind of stuff is to ask Japanese girls. I added in 'friends' since, I'm not too sure a girl who wasn't good friends with you would tell you a lot of information. Is that better? Or am I still evil?

Anyway, I don't want to argue with you any more. Now, shoo fly, shoo~
;)
Old 2004-07-14, 18:21   Link #88
Ambience Blue
Fate/Stay Delight

damn. I'm out of good anime to watch... Just finished Midori. Oh. And the Midori vs. Ayase debate? Eh. It happens. Ending was pretty nice and tame IMO. And who's Rin? I liked Ayase, but I felt Seiji deserved to be with Midori (due to his sheer denseness). I guess it's a better match since he's apparently immune to any sexual advances (from years of H-magazine desensitization!).
Old 2004-07-15, 00:51   Link #89
junko
model bliss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambience Blue
And who's Rin?
Seiji's sister. They introduced her in the 3rd episode (I think). I haven't read the manga, so I don't know where she came in there.
Old 2004-07-20, 08:43   Link #90
XusSiht

Send a message via MSN to XusSiht
I liked the ending very much.. I dont mind that the it ended..
Old 2004-12-04, 12:59   Link #91
Ombrenuit
Day Dreams...

Send a message via AIM to Ombrenuit Send a message via MSN to Ombrenuit
I don't know, something about Midori not getting back her memories leaves me convinced she's still the very shy person she always was. As a "right hand" she was very upbeat and perfect for Sieiji, but now she seems a little too timid still, and it bothered me. It made me feel like their relationship would fall through because of it. It reminded me a little of my own relationships (with a very timid girl), so I probably am projecting my own experiences on their situation. However, I didn't think the ending was fulfilling
Old 2004-12-21, 03:25   Link #92
2Die4
Mr. Pedolicon

Location: No 1746 Ecchi Street, Postcode 1337, Kingdom Of Hentai.
Yeah why Do They Make It End Like tat Whyyyyyy
Old 2006-01-13, 10:11   Link #93
rollwithit

I really don't like the eding. I was hoping for a more romantic "Midori-now-I-can-tell-you-that-I-love-you-too" ending. This ending was too cheap. (Personally I think that)
Old 2006-02-12, 02:50   Link #94
guess

Just finish this series. That was a lot of fun and so whacky!!!

Anyway, why didn't Seiji ever give Midori her diary back so she would know what happened? I think it is better ending and also for long term relationship.
Old 2006-03-04, 01:42   Link #95
falat
Scissorhands

I expected something more... there's a strange feeling coming from Midori, and I can't decide if that's real love...
Old 2006-03-12, 12:06   Link #96
toshi123

Send a message via MSN to toshi123
Think there should be a second season cuz the ending was good but i think the story possibiliy could have gotten a bit further with it x.x;!!
Old 2006-03-19, 12:52   Link #97
shadow890

edit: forget me, i said something dumb.

Last edited by shadow890; 2006-03-22 at 12:36. Reason: delete post
Old 2006-03-26, 04:53   Link #98
Monchan

Send a message via AIM to Monchan
Tracing back, it's pretty funny to see people argue about this show. I mean, after all, it's only a an anime romance/comedy! LOL! Anyway, I liked this show. Good plot and settings. Excellent exaggeration from members of anime-suki! LMAO! This is why this is one of my favourite sites!!!
Old 2006-06-08, 00:55   Link #99
Shredder

Quote:
Originally Posted by falat
I expected something more... there's a strange feeling coming from Midori, and I can't decide if that's real love...
Infatuation dude. Midori is a weirdo and not as kawaii when she's not in hand mode. It's all about Ayase. Ayase training for a whole season just to flaunt those sexy outfits, mmm mmm
Old 2006-07-27, 11:27   Link #100
whitewater_81
...sigh...

Send a message via MSN to whitewater_81 Send a message via Yahoo to whitewater_81
Thumbs up

srsly dudes,i was really touched with the ending!!!in fact,i cried....dammit!!I'm so depressed that it's only short..I wish they made it longer cause yes,MIDORI IS SO CUTE!!...dammit man!i want it so badly...