AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2012-09-11, 09:33   Link #221
maximilianjenus
[E]

it's a postapocaliptic hentai yaoi show, all the "girls" are actually guys and it will be an ova series because they can't air hentai on television.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 09:54   Link #222
tsunade666

^troll?

ignore

but what gives? they say that its not a Magical girl show but the title itself which is Magical Prism Suit Mana screams mahou shoujo wish and even if you watch the pv the traditional magical girl transformation is there and their is the big bad monster that the girls attack. That's also a check and those magical beings that oh so maybe "contracted" to the girls check..... then the magical girl feel to it.

Trying to differ from a normal magical girl show trope? or are they saying that because they destroy the illusion of the normal magical girl show thanks to PMMM that this show will be also not your typical show? but why highlight the word "not a magical girl show"?

I don't understand that part. The irony of it
Old 2012-09-11, 10:02   Link #223
zarqu
Stüldt Hĺjt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
it's a postapocaliptic hentai yaoi show, all the "girls" are actually guys and it will be an ova series because they can't air hentai on television.
YES!!

Hopefully it's not a magical girl show, but everything I've seen points to that direction. In any case, any show about "three emotional adolescent girls" sounds awfully boring.
zarqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 10:12   Link #224
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
I really don`t know what to think considering that the Mahou Shoujo elements are implimented in what we`ve seen, but I wonder if that will change since it stated that it`s not categorized as one, to say the least.

I`m quite interested to see what direction they`re going to take since it seems that they`re betraying the concept of what we`ve seen compared to what they`re saying.
Old 2012-09-11, 10:40   Link #225
tsunade666

To be honest if we go back to time before Madoka even aired.

The way they advertise it is the show is a magical girl show. But we all know that the man behind it is buthered Gen so no matter how they advertise it as a magical girl show. It is destined to be grim dark.

Now they make a show that is like your typical magical girl show which also I don't have a clue on who's writing or who are the staff so I can't tell but they are saying this is "not your magical girl show"

its like saying to me that this is not kamidoka so don't expect what you see there to happen here.

So if this is not a work of butchered Gen then the I think it will be your fun stuff anime but still they way they show it is its still a magical girl show. Heck this is more like your typical magical girl show than godoka.
Old 2012-09-11, 11:08   Link #226
maximilianjenus
[E]

^ troll ?

ignore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirito View Post
I really don`t know what to think considering that the Mahou Shoujo elements are implimented in what we`ve seen, but I wonder if that will change since it stated that it`s not categorized as one, to say the least.

I`m quite interested to see what direction they`re going to take since it seems that they`re betraying the concept of what we`ve seen compared to what they`re saying.
mahou shoujo is completely implyed they are just [expletive]ing around with the fans, that and probably want to lower the expectations caused by madoka.
Old 2012-09-11, 12:11   Link #227
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Let me finish that sentence:It's not a mahou shoujo show.....it's a "mahou idol" show!

Ok but seriously,if they had said "not your standard mahou shoujo show" i wouldn't be surprised but not a mahou shoujo at all?after show mascots,transformations and monster fighting?

I'll guess that maybe the girls aren't really magical girls but popular idols who star in a popular tv show where they act as magical girls and that's what we're seeing in the trailer,so in fact what we see in the trailer wouldn't be "real".....yeah.....that's all I've got

edit:then again,do we have any context that goes with that quote,maybe it's just a joke?
Old 2012-09-11, 12:18   Link #228
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Perhaps they are all delusional teenagers acting up their fantasy.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 12:24   Link #229
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
So like the fall Kyoani show but with magical girls instead?

I'd take that.
Old 2012-09-11, 12:29   Link #230
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Quote:
^ Troll ?

Ignore

Mahou Shoujo is completely implyed they are just [expletive]ing around with the fans, that and probably want to lower the expectations caused by madoka.
That could be a factor but at the same time I`m curious into how they`ll present their statements and how it`ll compare to how the fans are seeing it. I don`t know much of Mahou Shoujo`s but judging by what they`re saying that it`s not... it`ll be like you said that it`s probably a tactic to lower our expectations due to Madoka or they`re taking a unique direction to betray what we`ve been seeing and expecting from this.
Old 2012-09-11, 12:44   Link #231
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Well, now that they're actually talking about it, there's a much higher chance of Prism Nana actually being a full anime and not just a Nendoroid commercial.

I don't buy Shaft's statement at all. It stinks of "THIS JUNK IS DIFFERENT FROM THE JUNK YOU'RE USED TO" pretentious marketing. I'll assume this will be a magical girl show unless I'm proven otherwise. Perhaps one with a strong focus on slice-of-life or drama, but still a magical girl show.

Quote:
This would be the worst case scenario possible. I prefer my pretty action and sparkles to be "real", thank you.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 15:41   Link #232
Sol Falling

People need to stop reposting supposed "news" from 4chan without any inkling of an actual source or understanding of Japanese. Bad enough that it was reposted here, but the fact that some chump who obviously couldn't read the piece even made some sort of "authoritative"-sounding blog article out of it is just downright stupid.

For the record, nowhere in the note which was posted does it state that Prism Nana is "not a magical girl anime". I wouldn't say I'm qualified to give a detailed translation myself, but basically what the magazine article said was just "Artist of to be animated series "Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko" ("Pervert Prince and Unlaughing Cat") Kantoku and animation studio of "Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica" SHAFT new anime project. In a PV made public on the official site, three girls' everyday life and transformed appearance was shown. Although why the girls are able to transform still hasn't come to light, please anticipate the progress of this "henshin bishoujo" (transforming pretty girl) anime.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 15:43   Link #233
Midonin
Last Engage

Good. I didn't want to get into a Treachery of Images situation.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 15:56   Link #234
Lenneth4

Send a message via MSN to Lenneth4
Quote:
Are you a Night shyamalan's fan ?
Lenneth4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 15:57   Link #235
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Protecting people from censorship by kicking the evil alien butt as the show got massacred by censors xD

Pity no additional news.
Old 2012-09-11, 16:11   Link #236
maximilianjenus
[E]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenneth4 View Post
Are you a Night shyamalan's fan ?
nah, I read hot blooded woman (manwha) before I watched the sixth sense
Old 2012-09-11, 17:52   Link #237
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Quote:
Sucker Punch & Hikonin Sentai Akibarangers much?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 17:59   Link #238
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
Protecting people from censorship by kicking the evil alien butt as the show got massacred by censors xD

Pity no additional news.
Well, I guess it wouldn't be accurate to say the magazine article offers no additional news. At the upper left, they do seem to introduce the two presumed mascot characters (Bekaru, the white rabbit at left, and Hiero, the black rabbit at right). For some reason it does seem like the tone of the article as a whole is very unsure/speculative, like in the previous paragraph where they ask 'why do the girls have transformation powers', 'cause here they only say "These two rabbit-like animals seem like mascot characters. Their objective is...?"

At bottom are basically brief character introductions which I think have been posted before. From right: A firm/reliable ojou-sama, Asagi Asuka; dreaming of flying into space, Washioka Itaru; a precocious transfer student from the city, Oribe Kotone.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 18:11   Link #239
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
I mean something like:

In year XX, in a place of Y, W idols cosplay for a living as magical girls, but don't have powers at all, etc.
Old 2012-09-11, 18:12   Link #240
zarqu
Stüldt Hĺjt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Stuff
Feels awfully vague. The skeptic in me is becoming ever so convinced that Shaft is trying to have its cake and eat it too.

The premise of a new show could've been about anything. Still, they chose a story (supposedly) revoling around three young girls.

I don't know why anyone striving for artistic uniqueness and individuality would choose "three emotional adolescent girls" as protagonists. Still, the whole thing could be a facade and we get something entirely different.
zarqu is offline   Reply With Quote