AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-10-11, 23:50   Link #241
JediNight
キズランダム

I think bringing the Core Fighters into SEED is pretty useless as well. I mean, theres no strategic reason to split it up -- it only makes it more vulnerable when it comes together.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-11, 23:53   Link #242
Sanjuronord
セクシーなパイロット

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
Well, maybe if people close to you get blown and crush into bits like that you'd think that you'd be a "sissy" too, don't you think?

Anyway, from what they've shown I really doubt that Shinn will be as emotionally weak as Kira was... After seeing what he did two years ago, I really don't think there's much that can faze him anymore.
Kira didn't bother me because his "whining" made sense (having no military training or prepared mindset for fighting), though I see how it could have annoyed others. Shin does look like he's going to be more prepared, but it's gonna depend on the events. I'm sure he could still have some bad moments when/if he starts seeing his friends die around him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift_
We need a sub forum for Gundam Seed Destiny, or just a Gundam one would rule...
Think they're waiting for more topics to be made for the series, though to be honest this topic alone is composed of something like a dozen different topics by itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonziebonzie
ooook so no one smiled but me when fllay died > i guess im just odd then......... :fingers:
I never really hated Fllay, she made some (really) crappy decisions but in the end she was just a kid, hard to hate her when you consider the crappy events that happened to her in Seed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EV|RockLee
ALSO, regarding certain discussions, UC elitists piss me off.
=/
Just remind yourself that some of them have a perfect grade 1/60 RX-78 shoved so far up their....
Sanjuronord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-12, 00:23   Link #243
HaRoRuleZ
Gundam Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift_
We need a sub forum for Gundam Seed Destiny, or just a Gundam one would rule...
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
Yup, you're right. A general Gundam forum would be great since talks in these threads almost always diverge into other Gundam series anyway.

Besides if we count all the Gundam threads in this message board I think we have more than enough to make a forum...
Quote:
Originally Posted by AOforever1
Another vote for having a seperate forum for GS: Destiny
According to xris, two days ago, they were in a process of discussing the creation of new forums (and that not just Gundam SEED) and there was a good chance that the Gundam SEED forum would be recreated in the near future.

Just be patient! The title of this thread (Phase 1 Discussion), which was modified by xris, indicates well enough that Gundam SEED (DESTINY) forum will be born to host every Phase discussion.
Old 2004-10-12, 00:34   Link #244
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Personally I expect Shin to be way better than Kira. The end of ep1 shows that he clearly hates war, and he will not forgive anyone who tries to start a war. I doubt he'll ever be as whiny as Kira...
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-12, 00:58   Link #245
Colonel-

Send a message via AIM to Colonel-
Yeah, i agree. Shin seems to be someone with actual balls and a sane mind compared to Kira's.
Colonel- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-12, 01:01   Link #246
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Maybe Lacus flipped after Fllay went Lala on Kira and turned bipolar...so each time she switches personality she helps us out by changing her hairclip?
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-12, 02:57   Link #247
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Quote:
Originally Posted by EV|RockLee
ALSO, regarding certain discussions, UC elitists piss me off.
=/
I haven't seen any UC elitists, but you must admit that the similarities between some characters and their fates currently due to speculation are quite many :P

Now I may prefer UC but that doesn't mean I didn't like and enjoy SEED and will hopefully do so with Destiny. The first episode was well over my expectations (which were rather low) even if it was way too similar to the first SEED - I would have preferred if they did it in some other way but it's fine right now.

And I cried when Flay died
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-12, 03:20   Link #248
Blackage

What's the name of the outro song, anybody know?
Blackage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-12, 03:38   Link #249
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb
I haven't seen any UC elitists, but you must admit that the similarities between some characters and their fates currently due to speculation are quite many :P
To be fair according to my reputation I'm a "UC Fanboy" :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
Many who have watched V Gundam said the same thing.
Did they say the samething about ZZ?
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-12, 04:02   Link #250
DwArD
mAnIaC

Hmm...if I remembered correctly, the ending theme is "Reason"....Oh ya....Its true that Shinn may looked much more stronger and emotionally stable than Kira....but don't forget, he saw his parents got killed with his own eyes. How is he going to forget it that easily? Its true he hates war now, but because of that, he is now willing to go all out to deal with the person that starts a war. This in somehow a form of revenge I guess, and this is the complete opposite of what Kira believes. While Kira fights to protect his loved ones, Shinn now fights to kill whoever who wants to start a war. I don't think you can stop a war just by killing all your enemies though. Kira realised that the hard way.

I just thought of something....is it possible....for Shinn to one day while fighting accidentally killed some innocent people like what happened to Kira then when he was fighting in Orb? Hmm....
Old 2004-10-12, 04:10   Link #251
srb
I can see time itself!

Well, we don't know for certain that Kira was the one that killed them, it only appeared so. I for one can't believe Kira would be so careless, but they were in a wooded area and it is possible that he had no idea that they were there - but fighting so close to the refugee docks was careless in itself.
Old 2004-10-12, 04:11   Link #252
Rias

If you look at Stella...

Spoiler:
Rias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-12, 04:16   Link #253
srb
I can see time itself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias
If you look at Stella...

Spoiler:
A funny joke though :P

Even if I like Stellar >

Spoiler:

:P
Old 2004-10-12, 04:19   Link #254
dreamless

well, it's shown that when Kira's beam weapons hit the ground it caused a big explosion... also at that time Calamity was shooting upward while Kira shooting downward...

about fighting so close to refugee dock... he can't stop Calamity from landing so close to refugee dock so we can't really blame him I guess...

Shin killing some innocent people... I really hope it's not Miriallia... she's a war journalist... that puts her in the perfect position of getting killed by some collateral damage
Old 2004-10-12, 04:28   Link #255
DwArD
mAnIaC

Well...at least Shinn get to realise that it was not Kira's fault for accidentally killing Shinn's parents.....through the hard way. Btw, I'm a mini Stellar fan now!
She is soooo cute~ Well...at least when she's not fighting anyway.....Oh ya....and how can Stellar ever be with Shinn if she's transexual!? No way~
Old 2004-10-12, 04:28   Link #256
DwArD
mAnIaC

Oops...sorry....accidentally clicked submit button twice.....gomenasai~
Old 2004-10-12, 04:31   Link #257
srb
I can see time itself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
well, it's shown that when Kira's beam weapons hit the ground it caused a big explosion... also at that time Calamity was shooting upward while Kira shooting downward...
We saw Kira firing downwards, we did not see him hit the ground (and it would have been the rail guns that did the damage), and as far as I know Calamity was a fair distance away from Shinn and his family so that the damage would not be that severe.

Remember, in the promo they made it look like a missile attack from the EA ships killed the family. We simply don't know yet - it's very possible that Kira did it, but this wouldn't hold up in a court of law.

Quote:
about fighting so close to refugee dock... he can't stop Calamity from landing so close to refugee dock so we can't really blame him I guess...
He could have tried to draw him away and use a weapon with less collateral damage, like his beam rifle.

Quote:
Shin killing some innocent people... I really hope it's not Miriallia... she's a war journalist... that puts her in the perfect position of getting killed by some collateral damage
Let's hope that doesn't happen, as long as she loses the bandana.
Old 2004-10-12, 04:46   Link #258
Rias

If you recall, in that battle, Forbidden, Calamity and Raider all fired at "Forest" area and used Beam Type weapon. Recall back in SEED ep 39-40, the 3 guys got crazy and started shooting each other, so it would not be weird for any of them to "shot" Calamity near the forest.

Also look at Justice. Justice was using sword, and Justice = always lockon hit / shooting the air, and during that epsiode, Justice/Freedom was only dodging Calamity's "Anti-Air" fire and didn't shoot back

It was some weird editing they did...
Rias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-12, 04:50   Link #259
dreamless

Quote:
We saw Kira firing downwards, we did not see him hit the ground (and it would have been the rail guns that did the damage)
hmm... I think it is beam weapon, it's clearly shown a green beam from the beam rifle... although how can a beam weapon cause such an explosion... I'm not sure... super heating the ground?

Stellar transexual? I just thought she had some narcissus complex...
Old 2004-10-12, 05:11   Link #260
srb
I can see time itself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
hmm... I think it is beam weapon, it's clearly shown a green beam from the beam rifle... although how can a beam weapon cause such an explosion... I'm not sure... super heating the ground?

Stellar transexual? I just thought she had some narcissus complex...
When Kira fires downward at the big explosion the fires ALL of his weapons except for his CIWS vulcans. The rail guns would have stood for the damage to Shinn's family by blasting the ground nearby; it wouldn't have been a direct hit by either since the rail gun shells would simply rip throught them and the beams would annihilate them.