AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-02-13, 04:23   Link #2921
Marina2

I wonder if Saki will allow those monsters to get into the final round with her.....unless Rinaki and Uzusan's 5th player are something that can make Saki suffer....All I can see is Himemutsu proceeds to final round with Kiyosumi LOL.

If Saki "lose" for the first time here (Kiyosumi goes to final round as 2nd not 1st), it will be interesting.

We also have an incomming problem between Nodoka and Saki as foreshadowed in the last ep. of Saki anime - if that is canon - which we don't know the reason yet.
Old 2013-02-13, 04:38   Link #2922
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post

We also have an incomming problem between Nodoka and Saki as foreshadowed in the last ep. of Saki anime - if that is canon - which we don't know the reason yet.
What foreshadowing? I also read that in the previews post but I don't get it or I don't know what you guys mean.
Old 2013-02-13, 04:43   Link #2923
eavein18

Quote:
I wonder if Saki will allow those monsters to get into the final round with her.....unless Rinaki and Uzusan's 5th player are something that can make Saki suffer....All I can see is Himemutsu proceeds to final round with Kiyosumi LOL.
The problem is Saki's weird logic T_T (remember she call I-got-no-power-Kyouko "the most resilient" when she got a one-suit hoarding miko and fortune user on the table)
eavein18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 04:46   Link #2924
tsunade666

Kyouko is actually like Shizu that never gives up. Maybe those types are the one giving problem to Saki because of her weird mentality. She is easy to give up.

Which gives more points to Shizu being an anti-saki.
Old 2013-02-13, 05:30   Link #2925
night_sentinel

Quote:
Originally Posted by eavein18 View Post
Because if they put ALL the "monsters" the picture will be too full (they didn't even put Teru~)
Huh? There are only a handful of monsters in this tournament. "Monsters" doesn't equal "ability user", if that is what you were thinking?

"Monsters" are those who have the most stupidly overpowered abilities. And to make it worse, monsters usually possess more than one ability. They are as Fujita-pro puts it players that are loved by the tiles.

For example.
Kuro is an ability user since she can hoard dora. But, she is definitely not a monster class player.

In the current tournament, the only confirmed monster class are:
Saki
Teru
Koromo
Awai (?)

That's it. We still hasn't seen Rinkai or Uzusan to know for sure if they have a monster player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Side B are all scary bunch compare to side A

I also want to see Kiyosumi in danger. So far all of their fights are good and even when Saki sits in. The scores aren't in danger. Now there are 2 monsters in Rinkai. I want to see Kiyosumi in danger that will push Saki to go all out monster on them.
Its times like this that I feel that the draw was rigged. Just kidding.

If not you could always blame Hisa's "luck". Think about it, Hisa's power is hell wait. Hisa drew the lottery for Kiyosumi. If power affect someone's daily life, then the lottery that Hisa will draw will be the one with the worst odds. ^^

Anyway, Saki at full power will be nice to see. In hindsight, its quite odd that Saki hasn't really fought a match at her full strength ever. I swear Ritz likes heaping handicaps and mental blocks on her. Still, I believe that we won't be seeing it in the semi-final; My suspicion is raised once again due to the current match, Kiyosumi seems to be doing everything in their power to hide their strength.

Quote:

If Saki "lose" for the first time here (Kiyosumi goes to final round as 2nd not 1st), it will be interesting.

If you're going to bring Himematsu, then you should also bring Senriyama for the finals. They're both from Osaka and their interactions might be interesting. There's also the Atago connection to consider...

I suppose a period of reflection is also good. But, I wonder if its a good idea for Saki to lose. Every time she "lost" or suffer any setback, she also gets stronger. Its not very noticeable but she learns from her failure very fast after she snaps out of her BSOD of course.

Quote:
What foreshadowing? I also read that in the previews post but I don't get it or I don't know what you guys mean.
Its on ep. 25 on the preview for Saki Season 2. Nodoka's keychain was on the ground and it was raining so fans theorize that there will be some sort of rift between her and Saki.

Quote:
The problem is Saki's weird logic T_T (remember she call I-got-no-power-Kyouko "the most resilient" when she got a one-suit hoarding miko and fortune user on the table)

Technically, Saki's logic is consistent there. Kyouko at the beginning of the match made her score fall down to zero. That is why Saki is wary of her. The problem with that and why people don't get it was pretty simple. Kyouko busting Saki only happened in Saki's imagination.

Try it. Use Hisa's trick and make Saki start with 1,000 points. Plus give all of her opponents additional 8,000 points. You should be able to point out when Kyouko was able to bust Saki and when Saki decided to switch to the "easier" +/- zero mode.

Lol Saki This is what happens when you try to mindscrew yourself. I swear you can manage to handicap yourself without even trying.
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 05:49   Link #2926
eavein18

Quote:
Kyouko is actually like Shizu that never gives up. Maybe those types are the one giving problem to Saki because of her weird mentality. She is easy to give up.

Which gives more points to Shizu being an anti-saki.
Rather then anti-Saki, I see Shizu as the reverse of Saki....

In term of relationship :
Shizu - Friends with Nodoka until they got into middle school then leave Nodoka because they're in different class + she has made new friend
Saki - *Havent been shown but I really can't see her leaving a friend*

In the best 8, they both make someone cry, after that :
Shizu - Yelling "we did it!!"
Saki - Give a deep bow while saying thank you

Also after the Best 8, Achiga barely make it to the 2nd place while Kiyosumi is first :
Shizu - Do a mini party with the rest of Achiga
Saki - Tear up, apologize, and say "I might not be able to win next time" *face palm*

In a match in general :
Shizu - THERE IS NO REASON TO GIVE UP!!!
Saki - Being scared inside while trolling the table

(that's how I see it~)

how to multi quote 0_0 ??

@night_sentinel (using @ cause I can't figure out how to multi quote....)
"Normal" people won't even try to play while imagining they have 1000 points ^^;

(It's weird for me because Saki really didn't need to do that, but she did anyway~)
Old 2013-02-13, 06:02   Link #2927
tsunade666

Quote:

(It's weird for me because Saki really didn't need to do that, but she did anyway~)
That's why I'm telling you guys. Saki has lots of loose screws in her head She and her enemy are crying for different reason and also smiling for different reason.

Saki = Enemy
Tanoshi = I'm winning

I'm might loose next time = She's a MONSTER
Old 2013-02-13, 06:03   Link #2928
night_sentinel

Quote:

how to multi quote 0_0 ??

@night_sentinel (using @ cause I can't figure out how to multi quote....)
"Normal" people won't even try to play while imagining they have 1000 points ^^;

There is quote+ button in the bottom of every post. You can click that for every post you want to quote. Or if you want do it manually.

QUOTE=night_sentinel

Copy paste post
/QUOTE

^
^
Just do the above with brackets on QUOTE.

Anyway, normal people won't think about it. But, its been pretty established that Saki has a pretty "unique" perspective on things. ^^
Old 2013-02-13, 06:30   Link #2929
morli

Quote:
Originally Posted by night_sentinel View Post

Regarding Shizu's power, it looks like it activates based on the dice roll. Maybe when the dice is on the snake eyes pattern? If its true, its very situational ability and it would probably be an unconscious thing as well.
Does dices have a pattern? I already read the yuri translation and still doesn't understand the relation between number two and snake
Could anyone explain it?

And judging from what Akado sensei said, it seems Shizu has multiple ability or multiple level based on dices...
Old 2013-02-13, 06:38   Link #2930
night_sentinel

When you roll 2 dice and you get 1 on each. That is called snake eyes. It is theorized that Shizu's ability will activate if the dice is on this pattern.

Old 2013-02-13, 06:42   Link #2931
morli

Quote:
Originally Posted by night_sentinel View Post
When you roll 2 dice and you get 1 on each. That is called snake eyes. It is theorized that Shizu's ability will activate if the dice is on this pattern.
Wow, thanks for the explanation.

Is there another dice pattern? Maybe we could deduce Shizu ability from that...
Old 2013-02-13, 07:03   Link #2932
eavein18

Quote:
Originally Posted by morli View Post
Does dices have a pattern? I already read the yuri translation and still doesn't understand the relation between number two and snake
Could anyone explain it?

And judging from what Akado sensei said, it seems Shizu has multiple ability or multiple level based on dices...
The dice decide where to cut the wall to make "dead wall"

== ----
||0000|
000000|
|00000|
|00000|
--------

*the wall after the dead wall is established*

(there are supposed to be 14 stack for each wall, but I'm too lazy forgive me)

(- and | is normal wall) (= and || is dead wall) (0 is blank cause apparently I can't put too much space in this forum)

so there are 2 horizontal stack (4 tile) wall tile (=) (because the dice is "snake eye" *double 1* = 2) + 5 vertical stack (||) making it 7 stack

==
||
|00000|
|00000|
|00000|
--------

*the wall look like after player get their starting tile*

Awai's ability is to kan before the turn between wall

==
||

|
|00000|
--------

*when the wall look like that*

then she ron after the said wall is finished

==
||

|
|
-------

*like this*

what shizu's imagine breaker did is that she *nullified* / *erase* awaii's ability to ron, therefore making FunaQ confuse as why awai didn't ron / take too long to ron that shizu is able to ron back... so --->

==
||

|
|
-----

*normally awaii ron when the tile look like this*

==
||

|
|
---

*Shizu's imagine breaker at work, erasing awaii's ability to ron --> the draw goes on without awai ron*

==
||

|
|
-

*shizu ron awai*

*FunaQ is super confused*

I can't see it clearly from the manga, but the snake eye (2 vertical dead wall) probably means that after awai's kan is Shizu's turn, thus we see akado wondering can Shizu overcome awai's ron or not (which she did)

Sorry if the explaination is unclear ^^;

(hmmmm I don't think shizu's ability need to have the dice in specific number to work, but I don't know~)

Last edited by eavein18; 2013-02-13 at 07:33.
Old 2013-02-13, 07:04   Link #2933
Marina2

Maybe it's not limited to just [1,1] but [2,2], [3,3],[4,4],[5,5,] and [6,6] are also work.

I re-checked chapter 6 and the dices are [6,6] in that last round.
Old 2013-02-13, 07:35   Link #2934
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I still think that the dice condition works because Awai's ability involve using walls to use her power.

or eh, maybe her ability is activated when the dice get double numbers. Based on what Marina is saying, her ability might not only be limited to negating special powers because on what happened during the last match is that there's no special powers involve... Since she's winning in that condition, I think the ability is something that can pull a win regardless of the situation.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 08:40   Link #2935
tsunade666

Maybe she has multiple abilities and it depends on the number of dice.
Old 2013-02-13, 08:49   Link #2936
morli

Quote:
Maybe it's not limited to just [1,1] but [2,2], [3,3],[4,4],[5,5,] and [6,6] are also work.

I re-checked chapter 6 and the dices are [6,6] in that last round.
Eh, interesting coincidence. Looks like Shizu ability based around dices is getting more credibility.

And I just know that mahjong wall also called 'mountain'. Isn't that like the last page where Shizu see the mountain? Is it related to Shizu ability?
Old 2013-02-13, 08:56   Link #2937
eavein18

Quote:
Eh, interesting coincidence. Looks like Shizu ability based around dices is getting more credibility.

And I just know that mahjong wall also called 'mountain'. Isn't that like the last page where Shizu see the mountain? Is it related to Shizu ability?
hmmm... Akado say (unless there is another translator error)
"Shizu... those three girls... Do you think you can conquer those three mountains?"

So most probably "mountain" in the last page is a symbolic of awai, ryuuka and hime.

And shizu saying "I've got excellent view" probably means that she understand the play style of those 3 girls and/or a way to win against them
Old 2013-02-13, 09:26   Link #2938
tsunade666

From what I understand on the chapter too. Koromo tried 5 haitei but manage to do only 3. And as the battle goes on it looks like its becoming hard for her to do haitei.

So Shizu is probably the type that get used to her opponent as the battle goes on.
Old 2013-02-13, 09:32   Link #2939
morli

Quote:
hmmm... Akado say (unless there is another translator error)
"Shizu... those three girls... Do you think you can conquer those three mountains?"

So most probably "mountain" in the last page is a symbolic of awai, ryuuka and hime.

And shizu saying "I've got excellent view" probably means that she understand the play style of those 3 girls and/or a way to win against them
Is that so? But the phrase "mountain" is repeated many times in this chapter... so I thought "mountain" was related to Shizu ability. Like what, I dunno, control the wall/mountain with dice power?

Quote:
From what I understand on the chapter too. Koromo tried 5 haitei but manage to do only 3. And as the battle goes on it looks like its becoming hard for her to do haitei.

So Shizu is probably the type that get used to her opponent as the battle goes on.
Shizu "negating" ability doesn't come out frequently, there must be condition to activate that, like getting dice with snake eyes...
If Shizu must get used to her opponent to activating her "imagine breaker", in round 2 Shizu would practically became invincible because all the player already show their playing style. But we know that's not the case. All of them still could use their ability.

Last edited by morli; 2013-02-13 at 09:45.
morli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 12:38   Link #2940
tsunade666

Quote:
Shizu "negating" ability doesn't come out frequently, there must be condition to activate that, like getting dice with snake eyes...
If Shizu must get used to her opponent to activating her "imagine breaker", in round 2 Shizu would practically became invincible because all the player already show their playing style. But we know that's not the case. All of them still could use their ability.
That is true but the expression of Shizu in the end of the chapter say something different. Like when she said she has better view. Maybe she has better understanding of the opponents though I'm still not sure but one is the IB effect happens with dice condition but what about this ability that she will show next. Is it still IB or there is more to it. We just need to wait and hope that Ritz will be fine and can do the next chapter already though it will be delayed right? with the announcement of her getting surgery or is it not confirmed a delay release?

Though even if Shizu has IB that will still not help her and Awai with Saki's monster table control and six sense. Maybe Shizu can stop Saki from spamming kan but unless they can do better or mess with Saki's control they are still doomed.

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri