AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-01-06, 20:40   Link #661
Pink Cow
This is my title.

Here's the link to Harada's tweet: http://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/sta...51301231525888

People were probably asking him who Lili liked and so he answered. ^^;

Edit: He actually tweeted it twice. O_o
Here's another link: http://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/sta...53104623714305

自由を愛しちゃう女の子だけ
Instagram
Pink Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 20:55   Link #662
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Cow View Post
Here's the link to Harada's tweet: http://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/sta...51301231525888

People were probably asking him who Lili liked and so he answered. ^^;
Well that was random. All the guy asked was who was stronger between Lili and Asuka and suddenly he brings Ganryu and affection into the equation. Lol whatever, it's just a throwaway tweet in mangled English anyway. I'd rather base my analysis of the character on her actual cutscenes.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 22:39   Link #663
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Ok so Lily is likes men more than women. Got it Harada-san lol

Either way in Queens Gate the game Lily was a lez.
Old 2013-01-06, 22:46   Link #664
Pink Cow
This is my title.

I therefore conclude that Lili is straight, borderlining bisexual. Lol. But even if she werent bi, she has a... Very strange taste in men... D:

自由を愛しちゃう女の子だけ
Instagram
Old 2013-01-06, 22:58   Link #665
Vicious108

Quote:
But even if she werent bi, she has a... Very strange taste in men... D:
Like I said, the only reason she likes Ganryu is because his eyebrows resemble those of her father, whom she seems to be infatuated with in general ("My battles are for my father"). Thus, Electra Complex.
Old 2013-01-06, 23:09   Link #666
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Well in another topic Paul is said to be as strong as Jin and Kazuya by Harada. He's stronger than average. Though he doesn't reply whenever someone request him for a more serious storyline and ending for Paul. :/
Old 2013-01-06, 23:18   Link #667
Vicious108

The same Paul who canonically lost to Kuma? Yeah, I think we should take the man's tweets with a grain of salt.
Old 2013-01-06, 23:30   Link #668
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Well the legitimacy on how Kuma won, Paul wasn't serious fighting him and since Paul defeated multiple Tekken fighters before getting to Kuma, also that is the same Paul that defeated Ogre and was undefeated in T3. Also Harada is serious about his tweets since it's the tekken fanbase. Sadly seems now Harada is pushing for Paul as a comic character rather than a serious one, though his gameplay is solid and still one of best fighters in Tekken.

All special winning tag moves

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-01-07, 00:54   Link #669
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Well the legitimacy on how Kuma won, Paul wasn't serious fighting him and since Paul defeated multiple Tekken fighters before getting to Kuma, also that is the same Paul that defeated Ogre and was undefeated in T3. Also Harada is serious about his tweets since it's the tekken fanbase. Sadly seems now Harada is pushing for Paul as a comic character rather than a serious one, though his gameplay is solid and still one of best fighters in Tekken.
Paul undoubtedly is one of the toughest fighter in Tekken universe, but he's just unlucky guy

I believe his loss to Kuma was meant as turning point of him into a joke character IMO.

Self-proclaimed 'toughest fighter in the universe'. Paul Phoenix. "This time I'll show them. I'm going to win this tournament!" Paul thought as he tried to contain his excitement about facing off with Kazuya Mishima, a rival he hadn't fought in over twenty years. However, Kuma stood in his way, as always. Paul started out well against Kuma, but soon began to feel desperate because of Kuma's tenacity. Paul realized he had been overconfident when he was dealt a severe blow by Kuma and lost the match. Reflecting on his loss to Kuma, Paul realized that he had forgotten some important lessons and had strayed from the path to becoming a great fighter. He decided to start over again in order to discover that which he had lost. Two months later, Paul entered the King of Iron Fist Tournament 5. "I'll win this tournament and prove to everyone that I'm the greatest fighter in the universe!"

^ Well, that's the official description of his loss

His rematch with Kuma in Tekken 5 was victorious but the fight was very exhausting for him so he was unable to continue further.

The most disappointing duel for me was Jin's loss to Hwoarang in Tekken 5 a bit ridiculous since Jin was never defeated by any of his elders although there's no official statement, the Mishima family feels like the strongest fighters throughout the game IMO (story-wise, not gameplay-wise)
Old 2013-01-07, 01:10   Link #670
Pink Cow
This is my title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious108 View Post
Like I said, the only reason she likes Ganryu is because his eyebrows resemble those of her father, whom she seems to be infatuated with in general ("My battles are for my father"). Thus, Electra Complex.
So if Heihachi had her father's eyebrows, she'd be infatuated with him too? *shudder*

As for the other topic, yeah AFAIK Paul is very strong, but he seems to be depicted as a muscle head now. And besides, unlike Kazuya and Jin, he doesn't have the devil gene. Perhaps if that wasn't a factor, he'd be more obviously equal to them.

自由を愛しちゃう女の子だけ
Instagram
Old 2013-01-07, 01:21   Link #671
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

^ Yes, I believe that's the case She likes Ganryu not romantically but merely because he reminds her of her father.

I believe devil gene only enhances their strength when Jin and Kazuya transformed, though. Heihachi doesn't have it yet he managed to defeat Kazuya twice while Kazuya only won against him once. Not to mention he also supernaturally survived numerous explosions So I believe the strength of Mishima clan stems from their bloodline.
Old 2013-01-07, 20:20   Link #672
Pink Cow
This is my title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
^ Yes, I believe that's the case She likes Ganryu not romantically but merely because he reminds her of her father.

I believe devil gene only enhances their strength when Jin and Kazuya transformed, though. Heihachi doesn't have it yet he managed to defeat Kazuya twice while Kazuya only won against him once. Not to mention he also supernaturally survived numerous explosions So I believe the strength of Mishima clan stems from their bloodline.
That could actually be a nice running joke if they made Heihachi's eyebrows like Ganryu's. Lol. Of course it would be slightly creepy and gross but... Yeah.

Anyway, speaking about supernatural does Asuka have any? Like Jun? She's just... So normal for a Kazama. D:

自由を愛しちゃう女の子だけ
Instagram
Old 2013-01-07, 20:56   Link #673
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Paul undoubtedly is one of the toughest fighter in Tekken universe, but he's just unlucky guy

I believe his loss to Kuma was meant as turning point of him into a joke character IMO.

Self-proclaimed 'toughest fighter in the universe'. Paul Phoenix. "This time I'll show them. I'm going to win this tournament!" Paul thought as he tried to contain his excitement about facing off with Kazuya Mishima, a rival he hadn't fought in over twenty years. However, Kuma stood in his way, as always. Paul started out well against Kuma, but soon began to feel desperate because of Kuma's tenacity. Paul realized he had been overconfident when he was dealt a severe blow by Kuma and lost the match. Reflecting on his loss to Kuma, Paul realized that he had forgotten some important lessons and had strayed from the path to becoming a great fighter. He decided to start over again in order to discover that which he had lost. Two months later, Paul entered the King of Iron Fist Tournament 5. "I'll win this tournament and prove to everyone that I'm the greatest fighter in the universe!"

^ Well, that's the official description of his loss

His rematch with Kuma in Tekken 5 was victorious but the fight was very exhausting for him so he was unable to continue further.

The most disappointing duel for me was Jin's loss to Hwoarang in Tekken 5 a bit ridiculous since Jin was never defeated by any of his elders although there's no official statement, the Mishima family feels like the strongest fighters throughout the game IMO (story-wise, not gameplay-wise)
I agree here. They just took the easy way out on Paul after beating Kuma in T5 so he won't advance to the finals. LOL T1 tied with Kazuya, instead of a rematch he faced Kuma1, T2 a multi traffic prevented him for joining tournament, T3 went undefeated, but Orgre morphed into True Orger the tournament continued, T4 he was overconfident and didn't fight Kuma seriously. Truly an unlucky fella, well at least he's popular like Marshall Law and Forest along with Lei and the others that became joke characters as Tekken went on

Well Hworang set on one goal defeating Jin, but not Devil Jin, it was like a surprise attack on him. If Jin can KO normal Kaz and Heihachi in T4 and beat Wang and Jinpachi, I say it's plot armor to his storyline. Dunno about Lars beating him in T6 story campaign mode though. So that means Lars> all Mishima's? I personally didn't like the take on the campaign mode storywise.
Old 2013-01-07, 22:35   Link #674
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
That could actually be a nice running joke if they made Heihachi's eyebrows like Ganryu's. Lol. Of course it would be slightly creepy and gross but... Yeah.

Anyway, speaking about supernatural does Asuka have any? Like Jun? She's just... So normal for a Kazama. D:
Actually Ganryu's eyebrows are quite the same like Mishimas

If you're referring to tranformation power (like Jun turning into Unknown), Asuka doesn't have any. But being a Kazama, she sort of has a "holy power" like Jun. Back in her Tekken 5 ending, she could undo Devil Jin's transformation simply by touching him.

Quote:
I agree here. They just took the easy way out on Paul after beating Kuma in T5 so he won't advance to the finals. LOL T1 tied with Kazuya, instead of a rematch he faced Kuma1, T2 a multi traffic prevented him for joining tournament, T3 went undefeated, but Orgre morphed into True Orger the tournament continued, T4 he was overconfident and didn't fight Kuma seriously. Truly an unlucky fella, well at least he's popular like Marshall Law and Forest along with Lei and the others that became joke characters as Tekken went on

Well Hworang set on one goal defeating Jin, but not Devil Jin, it was like a surprise attack on him. If Jin can KO normal Kaz and Heihachi in T4 and beat Wang and Jinpachi, I say it's plot armor to his storyline. Dunno about Lars beating him in T6 story campaign mode though. So that means Lars> all Mishima's? I personally didn't like the take on the campaign mode storywise.
Yeah, I was hoping that there would be a special interaction of Paul and Kazuya in TAG2 (since Kazuya is +1 to Paul in relationship chart), but they don't have any special intro scene / win pose / tag throw at all

I'd say that only Mishima capable of defeating a Mishima, that includes everyone. Remember when Heihachi and Kazuya realized that Lars was one of them after they fought Lars since they felt Lars is on par with them.

But I doubt the scenario campaign is canonical, though. In that story Jin could already control the devil gene, while Harada keep saying that only Kazuya could control it.
Old 2013-01-08, 20:35   Link #675
Pink Cow
This is my title.

Quote:
Actually Ganryu's eyebrows are quite the same like Mishimas

If you're referring to tranformation power (like Jun turning into Unknown), Asuka doesn't have any. But being a Kazama, she sort of has a "holy power" like Jun. Back in her Tekken 5 ending, she could undo Devil Jin's transformation simply by touching him.
Yeah, I just looked at Heihachi's and Jinpachi's eyebrows. They're similar to Ganryu's. Sends a chill down my spine.

Oh yeah, her ending in Tekken 5.. Come to think of it, is Jin aware of his relationship with Asuka though? I'd like to think he is, especially after seeing Lars's ending in TTT2. But TTT and TTT2 aren't canon AFAIK and the only interaction I remember between Asuka and Jin is that ending in Tekken 5 when gets her rack on his face. Lol

自由を愛しちゃう女の子だけ
Instagram
Old 2013-01-08, 20:40   Link #676
Xagzan

Quote:
But I doubt the scenario campaign is canonical, though. In that story Jin could already control the devil gene, while Harada keep saying that only Kazuya could control it.
We'll have to wait til T7 to learn what ultimately happens in T6. As usual.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 21:01   Link #677
Vicious108

Quote:
Yeah, I just looked at Heihachi's and Jinpachi's eyebrows. They're similar to Ganryu's. Sends a chill down my spine.

Oh yeah, her ending in Tekken 5.. Come to think of it, is Jin aware of his relationship with Asuka though? I'd like to think he is, especially after seeing Lars's ending in TTT2. But TTT and TTT2 aren't canon AFAIK and the only interaction I remember between Asuka and Jin is that ending in Tekken 5 when gets her rack on his face. Lol
Hell, her T5 ending isn't canon either (Jin was the one defeated Jinpachi, not her or anyone else). Very few endings actually are. The Prologues are where you learn what actually happened to each character in the previous tournament.
Old 2013-01-09, 02:08   Link #678
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
A
Yeah, I was hoping that there would be a special interaction of Paul and Kazuya in TAG2 (since Kazuya is +1 to Paul in relationship chart), but they don't have any special intro scene / win pose / tag throw at all

I'd say that only Mishima capable of defeating a Mishima, that includes everyone. Remember when Heihachi and Kazuya realized that Lars was one of them after they fought Lars since they felt Lars is on par with them.

Imho probably both just respect each others strength since they tied in T1. Though in TTT1 that was quite a good ending for Paul and it was serious. Gonna fight Kazuya Kuma pops out he sucker punches Kuma gets KOed and Kaz left probably to go to fight Jin.

Well in the twitter Harada said Paul is is not weak stronger than average he might be as strong as Kaz and Jin, meaning he's in the Mishima level of power and in T1 Heihachi said to Paul he was the son he always wanted to have, to bad they didn't go to that route.

Also I think official statements after then game on what happened to Tekken fighters are the way to go since there are alot of possible endings in each characters which are pretty interesting.

Last edited by kenjiharima; 2013-01-09 at 02:19.
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-09, 02:35   Link #679
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
We'll have to wait til T7 to learn what ultimately happens in T6. As usual.
Yep. I hope for the Mishima story, it would be Devil Jin's ending that is canon
as for the others, hopefully Baek and Wang don't really die.... that Wang's TAG 2 ending really hints at their removal from the game

Quote:
Well in the twitter Harada said Paul is is not weak stronger than average he might be as strong as Kaz and Jin, meaning he's in the Mishima level of power and in T1 Heihachi said to Paul he was the son he always wanted to have, to bad they didn't go to that route.
I was wondering whether their rivalry is kind of a homage of Ryu and Ken (just look at their costume colors)

Meanwhile, Harada just tweeted some chibi images of Tekken female fighters (the ones found on TAG2's beginner's guide and decals) for our use

No Xiaoyu at the moment...
Old 2013-01-09, 05:00   Link #680
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Frailty
Quote:
I was wondering whether their rivalry is kind of a homage of Ryu and Ken (just look at their costume colors)
Incidentally, Kazuya and Ryu are Japanese while both Paul and Ken are Americans.

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fighting game