AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2017-12-25, 12:41   Link #6181
thenightsshadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
I saw Ch 183 raw, what's with Awai's boobs!?
I'm guessing it's accounting for inflation since it's been a while since Awai's been around (time-wise).

Honestly, who knows.
thenightsshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-28, 02:11   Link #6182
Aaron

Since it will probably take another 1-2 years before we get to see Saki's full powers in the finals, I created some potential ideas.

Saki- The Reaper of Death
Class: Necromancer
Power:
At the end of every hand, all hands that failed to win goes into Saki’s graveyard. Saki can see what those hands are giving her a boost in analytical observation. When Saki is in the west seat, she can summon one hand of her choosing to start off with as her opening hand. Saki can change the hand she summons by replacing some of the tiles with west wind tiles, up to a kan depending on the power input and west tile affinity attraction. She cannot resummon the same hand twice unless in west round.

In addition Saki receives a passive which increases her likelihood of drawing west wind tiles. The passive’s power increases as the graveyard’s size increases and when Saki is in the west seat or west round. Saki can choose when she activates the ability and upon activation releases a deadly aura scaring off and intimidating opponents. Saki also has greater control and insight over the dead wall, increasing likelihood in receiving beneficial replacement tiles, kan dora, reverse dora, and regular dora.

When playing in the west round, she can use all of the Necromancer’s abilities. When she summons a hand, she can replace 4 tiles (not including the west winds) with other tiles from another hand in the graveyard. Saki receives a massive power boost when she is in the west round and the west seat; she can summon a monstrous hand combining 4 hands in the graveyard creating her most devastatingly deadly attack to reap her opponents’ souls.

Pros:
• Very strong firepower and burst potential.
• Flexible in attack and defense.
• Fast hand speeds
• More information to see into your opponents playstyles and habits
• Can constrict opponents hands if they know some parts of this ability
• Very OP

Cons:
• Slower start
• If spammed, obvious to discover the ability in records
• Limited in shorter games
• Can be played around and sabotaged in ability is known
• Hard for the author to write about

Saki: The Raging Inferno
Class: Phoenix
Power:
This is similar to Teru’s playstyle. When Saki wins a hand, the amount of points won becomes a burning fire. With each additional win, the fire grows stronger (adding up all the points won). As the fire increases in strength, Saki’s starting hands increase in potential value. However, Saki does not need to win with the hands increasing in value nor win in a streak. But whenever an opponent wins a hand, it weakens the fire by the amount of points Saki has lost. The fire can be extinguished but it can restart up to 3 times. Once the fire grows big enough, Saki can use it to summon a hand worth as much as what the value of the fire is equal to.

Once the fire has been used up, Saki can choose to restart or go into the rebirth phase. The fire creates a state where it uses the remains of the objects burned as fertilizer to enrich the soil for flowers to grow. The richer the soil, the more powerful Saki’s rinshan kaihous becomes. The total amount of points accumulated in a fire gets converted into han, which turns into how many doras she can get in across hand.

Last edited by LKK; 2017-12-28 at 09:24. Reason: posts merged. don't post multiple times in a row; use Edit button instead.
Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-01, 12:45   Link #6183
King-Slayer

Shino seemed like a badass even though Chihiro was kicking everyone around.
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-01, 13:02   Link #6184
Requiem-x
The slacking one

So, is Chihiro a mix of Toki and Saki? Because it seems she can see what's coming AND decide who gets what tile. I'm probably missing something, and if so, I apologize. Also, poor buchou really didn't deserve that move (which is actually reminiscent of early Koromo) pulled on her

Quote:
Originally Posted by King-Slayer View Post
Where others see horror, Shino sees fun to be had.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-02, 22:07   Link #6185
kona~chan
ヘタレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by King-Slayer View Post
Quote:
Where others see horror, Shino sees fun to be had.
there's no reason for shino to fear her imo
shino's luck in south 3rd onward even can beat mihirogi uta.
chihiro's renchan in the end is only spam of trash hand, shino can spam yakuman (her old yaku).
in the city tourney we know that shifting draw order will not stop shino to draw the birds (i guess its same like saki with her rinshan)
and shino also have her bird of view that might come to handy against whatever chihiro's eye power is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
So, is Chihiro a mix of Toki and Saki? Because it seems she can see what's coming AND decide who gets what tile. I'm probably missing something, and if so, I apologize. Also, poor buchou really didn't deserve that move (which is actually reminiscent of early Koromo) pulled on her
so far her power seems weaker version of teru's renchan ( her hand fixed at 30 fu 1 han ), but her vision is more powerfull than toki's since it capable to see 2 turn ahead by default (what happened to buchou), its kinda shame though that her luck is only like other mortals.

”生きるってつらいな。。。”
Onjouji Toki
kona~chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-02, 22:33   Link #6186
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by kona~chan View Post
there's no reason for shino to fear her imo
shino's luck in south 3rd onward even can beat mihirogi uta.
chihiro's renchan in the end is only spam of trash hand, shino can spam yakuman (her old yaku).
in the city tourney we know that shifting draw order will not stop shino to draw the birds (i guess its same like saki with her rinshan)
and shino also have her bird of view that might come to handy against whatever chihiro's eye power is.
Shino is a strong girl, yes. That said, now I remembred it was explicitly stated (multiple times) this isn't all Chihiro can do, so who knows.

Quote:
so far her power seems weaker version of teru's renchan ( her hand fixed at 30 fu 1 han ), but her vision is more powerfull than toki's since it capable to see 2 turn ahead by default (what happened to buchou), its kinda shame though that her luck is only like other mortals.
Maybe it would be more accurate to say Chihiro's vision comes without consequences to the user, which is still great. And again I'm thinking maybe she can use rollout too, just didn't bother this time. Good ol' Saki buildup at work again
Old 2018-01-03, 00:40   Link #6187
kona~chan
ヘタレ

true, at least shinohayu 8th manga cover spoil us ,with chihiro wearing senriyama high uniform , suggest that she is strong enough to become shino's long rival till interhigh.

btw cmiiw mukunoki chihiro ; 椋 千尋
椋 = Starling , bird with mimic abilities
千尋 = thousand fathoms

”生きるってつらいな。。。”
Onjouji Toki
Old 2018-01-03, 01:10   Link #6188
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
true, at least shinohayu 8th manga cover spoil us ,with chihiro wearing senriyama high uniform , suggest that she is strong enough to become shino's long rival till interhigh.

千尋 = thousand fathoms
I did see that cover. Nice, clean way to hype her up.

Well then Like I said, the usual buildup at work, and as effective as always. Stay strong, angelic birdie.
Old 2018-02-07, 21:44   Link #6189
King-Slayer

Biyori is coming to an end. I did like some of the stories but I guess it was time.
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-08, 07:14   Link #6190
Requiem-x
The slacking one

While it was cute, Biyori's sense of humour was always... unique, to put it kindly, so I'm actually surprised it lasted this long.

Meanwhile, on the adventures of Toki, I certainly didn't expect That Girl to be such a chuuni. Time for Toki to show what she's made of?
Old 2018-02-08, 08:56   Link #6191
Marina2

Chihiro vs Shino will be the first 'monster vs monster battle' in Shinohayu, I guess.

I hope Shino ability will get some kind of upgrade. Something like: she can improve her ability to cover South 1 and South 2 too.

Quote:

千尋 = thousand fathoms
Now, I wonder, by timeline, Is Chihiro a Highschool student right now in Toki manga?

Last edited by Marina2; 2018-02-08 at 09:09.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-08, 13:17   Link #6192
kona~chan
ヘタレ

no she should be graduated already.
saki main timeline = 71st inter high (toki and ryuuka 3rd year)
chihiro and shino 3rd year high school = 61st inter high
toki manga start when toki's in her 5th year elementary (64th inter high).

”生きるってつらいな。。。”
Onjouji Toki
Old 2018-02-09, 06:54   Link #6193
The Green One

In the main story the Captain's match of the runner up's battle has started.
Old 2018-04-07, 05:51   Link #6194
AP24

The 5th place match is over and the winner is:

Spoiler for Ch188:
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-09, 02:06   Link #6195
thenightsshadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
The 5th place match is over and the winner is:

Spoiler for Ch188:
It was a really sick way to win too.
thenightsshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-09, 03:03   Link #6196
AP24

The scores I posted were true if there were no riichi sticks used. In any case Usuzan is definitely last place.
Old 2018-04-09, 06:19   Link #6197
The Green One

Man Usuzan was ultimately an utter joke that didn't matter in the slightest. They never managed to be any sort of threat. They were just.....there.
Old 2018-04-09, 07:16   Link #6198
AP24

Himematsu is 3rd place regardless of whether riichi sticks were used or not. If riichi sticks weren't used then Senriyama won, but if they were used then Shindouji probably won.
Old 2018-04-15, 05:15   Link #6199
judasmartel
*Author

Finally, we can go over to the Finals. Whew.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-15, 15:50   Link #6200
The Green One

I'm expecting another 1-5 chapters of fillers first before we get there to be honest.

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri