AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Ah! My Goddess

Notices

View Poll Results: Is AMG harem anime?
Yes 64 22.61%
No 219 77.39%
Voters: 283. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-10, 02:01   Link #61
kagato3

I can't see it as a harem anime but maybe thats because i came in as a manga reader and see it more as a standard romantic comedy as their is quite a bit more time between the so called Haremish events. In the Manga it goes through nearly 2 volumes before Urd shows up and she is more a force trying to get K1 and bell togeather then anything else. Mara has no feeling for him what so ever. Skuld doesn't show up till vol 5 and a force trying to keep Bell and K1 apart. To me AMG is no more a harem anime then Urusei Yatsura is.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2007-12-11, 13:04   Link #62
happyfoosball

Send a message via AIM to happyfoosball
I don't know what harem anime but in harems don't people have sex? Because nobody in AMG does. Not even Urd apparently which is awfully suprising giving her first few scenes lol.
Old 2007-12-11, 14:05   Link #63
Kleo Scanti
Urd Fangirl

Many women + one man = harem.
In harem anime those women are usually in love with the guy or at least like him, and he initially doesn't know whom to choose.
Old 2007-12-12, 17:04   Link #64
happyfoosball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleo Scanti View Post
Many women + one man = harem.
In harem anime those women are usually in love with the guy or at least like him, and he initially doesn't know whom to choose.
Well a lot of people do seem to like K1
Old 2007-12-12, 22:39   Link #65
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Yes, but he likes Bell.

That said, Bell xxx Peorth would be very thx =)
Old 2007-12-13, 00:56   Link #66
happyfoosball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Yes, but he likes Bell.

That said, Bell xxx Peorth would be very thx =)

Hahhaha. I don't think any of the girls in the series would be good for KI but Belldandy. They are all so radically different from him.
Old 2008-02-02, 20:59   Link #67
Reminded
Oh My Goddess Otaku

Send a message via MSN to Reminded
Personally, I don't think it is, as Keiichi is set only on Bell, and not Urd or Skuld...

Even though he's living under the same roof as 3 other goddesses (at one point, 4 including Peorth), his only love interest is Bell.
Old 2008-02-04, 14:57   Link #68
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

In a harem show you take the guy out of the equation, it isnt about who he likes, it's about who the girls love.

So far only Bell has love love feelings for K3 all the time. Urd has strong feelings for him, but i got the impression that was more like an older sisters love. Several times throughout the manga the impression she gives is that she see's him as part of their family, and will protect his and Bell's love.

Skuld has only had two run in's where she's been in 'love' with him. The when her powers started to awaken, and her emotions went on the rampage, and then briefly when she was an adult, and again her emotions were on the rampage.

Later in the series we see her experience love for real with Kouta, and while it dosent go anywhere, it's clear she had strong feelings for him.

I think she see's K3 as an older brother, but also a rival for Bell's affections. While she knows they love each other deeply, she hates the fact that K3 is becoming more important to Bell than anything else.

So looking at the girls, only one other could possibly be a rival, and thats Sayako, and i can't see her really being a rival. To much it seems like she's only feeling like that because it's the first time she's been rejected.

As for Ai Yori Aoshi, that falls definatly into a harem show. Since all the girls are after the guy, not just Aoi, even though it's obviouse that he only loves Aoi.

AMG dosent have this rivalry
Old 2008-02-04, 16:40   Link #69
Kleo Scanti
Urd Fangirl

It's K1, not K3. K = Kei and 1 = ichi (one in Japanese). And Sayoko, not Sayako. And by Kouta do you mean Sentaro?

Sorry, just too many mistakes in one post.
Old 2008-02-04, 18:03   Link #70
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

You try writing a post on morphine, 1 handed, with enough tubes in you to bo one of skulds inventions, and see how many mistakes you make
Old 2008-02-05, 08:09   Link #71
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Hospital eh? Spent the better part of two years inside a hospital, fun times (yay crohns). Self-Admin Morphine Drips for all, god that made playing WoW interesting when I was in there. Was so sad when the "happy-drug doctor" took it away. Get better soon TD.

I more-or-less agree with what you said about AMG though! To be on topic...
Old 2008-02-05, 08:49   Link #72
Kleo Scanti
Urd Fangirl

Quote:
You try writing a post on morphine, 1 handed, with enough tubes in you to bo one of skulds inventions, and see how many mistakes you make
You always spelled Keiichi's name like that.
Anyway, get well soon!
Old 2008-02-05, 11:04   Link #73
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Hospital eh? Spent the better part of two years inside a hospital, fun times (yay crohns). Self-Admin Morphine Drips for all, god that made playing WoW interesting when I was in there. Was so sad when the "happy-drug doctor" took it away. Get better soon TD.

I more-or-less agree with what you said about AMG though! To be on topic...
im not allowed to play games when im hospital, i played WoW for a while and it really didnt mix well with the morphine. I ended up kicking the doc in the jewels cause i thought he was an orc >.<

never sneak up on someone just waking up after a intenive wow session, especially when they're on morphine, noy unless you in american football styled protection hehe.

I'm allowed my manga and anime though, i threatened to discharge myself otherwise lol. couls just see the taxi drivers face with me getting into the back with 4 drips and half a dozen other bits and pieces roflmao

That said im due to into surgry tomorrow, only 6 more days and 3 ops to go before i can go home
Old 2008-02-05, 11:49   Link #74
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

good luck with the surgery.

My doc's let me have my laptop for what ever i wanted (wow, anime, manga, movies), heck even had my desktop at one point. Was funny when my GP asked for help with one of his computers that was playing up, lol. My anesthetist played wow to.

But anyway, good luck. best stay on topic.
Old 2008-02-05, 12:03   Link #75
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reminded View Post
Personally, I don't think it is, as Keiichi is set only on Bell, and not Urd or Skuld...

Even though he's living under the same roof as 3 other goddesses (at one point, 4 including Peorth), his only love interest is Bell.
Actually, at one point it's FIVE if you include Lind in the special, even if it was only for a short time.
Old 2008-02-05, 14:09   Link #76
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

hmmm thinking on it the only one thats even close to being a rival for bell is the Gate. It manifests as a loli girl with a weird cloak for hands, and she has her eyes set on keiichi so she can learn about love. Bell goes all jealouse, and while it gets settled in the end, i got the impression she still had a few feelings for him >.<

Lind never loved him, so she's out of it completely. She thinks of him as a friend, the manga handles her a bit better, the anime ballses it up as usual.

Neither Peorth or Lind 'lived' there, they just visited ,uch like the rest of morisato's friends do.

Hild could be interesting, she's shown on a few occassions she's interested in him, now that could be a head turner, bell and hild in a 3some >.<
Old 2008-02-06, 02:55   Link #77
Kleo Scanti
Urd Fangirl

I don't think Hild was ever interested in him. She was interested in turning such a good boy to darkness (which could be fun) and in taking him from Bell to look at her reaction (even more fun plus good for investigation).
Old 2008-02-13, 13:30   Link #78
miloy2k

it is subjective for AMG to be define as Harem anime... for some it is for some it aren't..
Old 2008-07-04, 12:07   Link #79
Sezren
Inactive Member

The setup is clearly harem. There is one "looser type" boy who in the course of the anime gets surrounded by lots of attractive females. The boy is the center of the world/anime and most everything revolves somehow around him although there is no visible cause for that. The females are all (for some reason or another) interested in the boy beyound sane reason. Almost all of them show sexual attraction or advances towards the boy at least once.
By looking at the story/plot (what is "really" happening) one might come to see that most of the females arent really interested in the boy - and vice versa. They are just being warped by magic for example. But considering the shallowness of the plot (if one can even call it plot - it seems more like a stage for doing things like having every girl jump at the boy) I dont see that as relevant.
Old 2008-08-03, 02:44   Link #80
ShadowFoX
Uchiha Incarnate

It depends on how you see it I guess. From the literal and obvious end, it definitely looks like a harem anime :\
Closed Thread