AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-19, 20:42   Link #61
vedicardi
Well I FEEL normal..

I think mugi might be the least liked, though yuri goggles boosted her up quite a bit.
Old 2009-05-19, 20:44   Link #62
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by vedicardi View Post
I think mugi might be the least liked, though yuri goggles boosted her up quite a bit.
Well, she seems more in place in a shojo series than in a seinen one. The more I think of it, the more she resembles Ouran's Tamaki. "Baka tono" fits her pretty well.
Old 2009-05-24, 22:32   Link #63
Fandal

Risu was so calm when she was playing the drums in the stapler song.
Old 2009-05-25, 01:13   Link #64
vedicardi
Well I FEEL normal..

Unless you're playing something super fast or heavy you're going to look fairly calm while playing the drums.
Old 2009-05-25, 01:13   Link #65
VEE

Send a message via MSN to VEE
Quote:
she's just another typical character which we can see from plenty of anime, that's too bad. Not much attention bout her.

Love Ritsu a lot, she's so naughty!
Old 2009-05-25, 01:14   Link #66
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Which is why she sometimes do deserve some knuckle sandwiches.
Old 2009-05-25, 01:16   Link #67
VEE

She had plenty of those alrd. Thanks to Mio chan
Old 2009-05-25, 01:24   Link #68
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
remove her hairband then, *bam!* her moe meter increased up to 3X the speed of a normal zaku unit.
& she does NOT look like ritsu anymore with all that hair, shes now a super robot!.
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Old 2009-05-25, 01:25   Link #69
VEE

it's ok to have her hairband, at least that's something part of her.
Old 2009-06-05, 07:07   Link #70
Flo
The Necessary Evil

Ritsu - Smart, yet lazy. Energetic, yet unfocused. Typical Genki girl, also has some traits of a typical class prankster. Tends to use her brains and energy for the wrong purposes, even though her intentions/motives maybe pure or innocent.

Although rare (or maybe unheard of), Ritsu is capable of performing Vocals and Drumming simultaneously (In the Fuwa Fuwa Time insert song - "Tsubasa wo Kudasai", Ritsu is the lead vocal). It's confirmed during the first year pre-school festival (Anime Episode 6/Manga Volume 1 Chapter 8) when Mio begged Ritsu to perform vocals for Fuwa Fuwa Time and Mio will perform both the drums and bass, meaning Mio acknowledged Ritsu that she can sing. But Ritsu shot Mio down and refused to sing for the reason that the lyric already send shivers down her spines (Anime Episode 5/Manga Volume 1 Chapter 7) and most importantly the (highly embarrassing) lyrics doesn't fit her Genki attitude.

It's also hinted that Ritsu had played other instruments such as the Piano or the Guitar (Anime Episode 2/Manga Volume 1 Chapter 2) when Yui asked Ritsu why she's a drummer. Ritsu replied back (dramatically) that it drove her crazy with all the finger movements needed to played those instruments suggested that she tried playing them before she became a full-time drummer.

Ritsu's friendship with Mio in a way, started with pure admiration (Anime Episode 6/Manga Volume 1 Chapter 8), when Ritsu was asked if Mio was as shy during childhood. The flashback during Ritsu and Mio's childhood period gave me the impression of "OMG Mio's hair is so long and pretty and she's left hander! She's so smart and cool! I wanna be friends with her!" Childhood friendship is so pure and innocent at first so Ritsu never thought much about back then, but as they grew older the friendship is no longer as pure and she starts taking advantages of Mio, such as using Mio to get good grades etcs. (Like I said, Ritsu is smart, but she's lazy to put her brain into good use)
Old 2009-06-06, 02:06   Link #71
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo View Post
Ritsu - Smart, yet lazy. Energetic, yet unfocused. Typical Genki girl, also has some traits of a typical class prankster. Tends to use her brains and energy for the wrong purposes, even though her intentions/motives maybe pure or innocent.

Although rare (or maybe unheard of), Ritsu is capable of performing Vocals and Drumming simultaneously (In the Fuwa Fuwa Time insert song - "Tsubasa wo Kudasai", Ritsu is the lead vocal). It's confirmed during the first year pre-school festival (Anime Episode 6/Manga Volume 1 Chapter 8) when Mio begged Ritsu to perform vocals for Fuwa Fuwa Time and Mio will perform both the drums and bass, meaning Mio acknowledged Ritsu that she can sing. But Ritsu shot Mio down and refused to sing for the reason that the lyric already send shivers down her spines (Anime Episode 5/Manga Volume 1 Chapter 7) and most importantly the (highly embarrassing) lyrics doesn't fit her Genki attitude.

It's also hinted that Ritsu had played other instruments such as the Piano or the Guitar (Anime Episode 2/Manga Volume 1 Chapter 2) when Yui asked Ritsu why she's a drummer. Ritsu replied back (dramatically) that it drove her crazy with all the finger movements needed to played those instruments suggested that she tried playing them before she became a full-time drummer.

Ritsu's friendship with Mio in a way, started with pure admiration (Anime Episode 6/Manga Volume 1 Chapter 8), when Ritsu was asked if Mio was as shy during childhood. The flashback during Ritsu and Mio's childhood period gave me the impression of "OMG Mio's hair is so long and pretty and she's left hander! She's so smart and cool! I wanna be friends with her!" Childhood friendship is so pure and innocent at first so Ritsu never thought much about back then, but as they grew older the friendship is no longer as pure and she starts taking advantages of Mio, such as using Mio to get good grades etcs. (Like I said, Ritsu is smart, but she's lazy to put her brain into good use)
If you noticed, she DOES protect Mio from Sawa-chan if the latter goes too far.

Maybe Tsumugi has psychic visions and was right about Mio and Ritsu having a seme-uke relationship that started very far back when Ritsu is still (subconciously) mentally breaking Mio.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2009-06-06, 03:30   Link #72
Principalities

Ritsu is pure fun. She deserves more credit. Can you even imagine one episode of K-ON without Ritsu?
Old 2009-06-06, 03:42   Link #73
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
MUST...REMOVE....RITSU'S.....HAIRBAND....MUST TAKE-OFF THAT, YELLOW OBJECT THAT WAS STUCK ON HER HEAD...
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Old 2009-06-06, 05:17   Link #74
Willen
Aoba Tsukishima

Most of the best moments in episode 10 involved Ritsu, IMO.

Although the "cabbage" thing was kinda WTF...
Old 2009-06-07, 10:05   Link #75
Arisato_Yuuto
Nandaka shiawase~

From the first time I watch K-on, I only look for Mio xD;
But this time, why did I search for Ritsu's picts??

Then I thought "She isn't a moe type, she is the cool type!"
Yeah, exactly

Her hairband n personalities also reminds me of Suzumiya Haruki/Haruhiko =))
Also, the only one who could made Mio calm down is Ritsu (nice relationship from both of them XD)

The last things why I'm looking at Ritsu is..Her personalities are similar to myself=))
Old 2009-06-28, 10:10   Link #76
King_of_Yuri
Approver of Yuri Pairings
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo View Post

I agreed with this, up until the last paragraph, when you started talking about "taking advantage" of Mio. To be fair, there are times when she does use Mio's discipline and good study habits for her gain--more of a survival instinct if you ask me--but I felt, when I read it, the way you worded it was a little...venomous. "Taking advantage" of someone, in its common usage, is generally associated with undermining someone with malicious intent, when the closest Ritsu's ever come to malicious was...well, maybe during episode 11, when she felt like she was getting shifted from "best friend" to "backup friend" status. Honestly, I'd be a little miffed too...but I'd hardly call her "taking advantage" of Mio in that case.

The way I see it, Ritsu is obsessive compulsive, to a certain extent. She finds someone she likes and clings, clings, clings. Mio adapted to become a person that Ritsu wanted to be around--a more vulnerable, less stand-offish person, with brief bouts of aggression. Then, when Mio took a sudden shift away from this trait she had come to know, Ritsu become confused and desperate to try and bring back what she had grown comfortable with. Was it a little selfish? Sure...but it's human nature when it comes to those you care about most. She genuinely loves Mio and there's no denying that (and when we get to episode 13, we get a glimpse of the latter's feelings).

So, in a way, they've both kind of evolved to remain in each other's graces. Mio embraces Ritsu's loud, flamboyant, and rambunctious nature, something she can't bring herself to have, while Ritsu is a lover of Mio's silent, "baby-puppy" moe traits, as well as her unpredictable explosiveness. They complete each other. And, if they like to have a little fun at the other's expense every now and again, then so much the better. (Yes, Mio's done it too, if you remember their first summer break.)

Would I like either as much without the other? Probably not. They're two halves of a whole set, and you wouldn't be able to get the full experience if one wasn't there. Don't get me wrong, I've always loved the "wild girls" in anime, but if they don't have someone to utilize it on, then what's the point of being wild in the first place?

I'm probably starting to ramble now, and my original point's probably gotten lost somewhere in the yuri-fanboy side of my rant. So, I'll stop here before I dig my grave too deeply. Peace!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arisato_Yuuto View Post
From the first time I watch K-on, I only look for Mio xD;
But this time, why did I search for Ritsu's picts??

Then I thought "She isn't a moe type, she is the cool type!"
Yeah, exactly

Her hairband n personalities also reminds me of Suzumiya Haruki/Haruhiko =))
Also, the only one who could made Mio calm down is Ritsu (nice relationship from both of them XD)

The last things why I'm looking at Ritsu is..Her personalities are similar to myself=))
This...sorta. Though, I think you may have gotten it backwards: Mio's the only one capable of calming down Ritsu--and even that's questionable at best. XD

Ritsu's talents revolve more around egging on Mio's non-calm states to higher levels of screaming and scaredy-cat-ism...and if I may let my yuri-lover side intervene for a moment: Mio loves being scared, and Ritsu loves TO scare because one day she hopes Mio will come running into her arms for comfort.

[/fanboyism]

Last edited by King_of_Yuri; 2009-06-28 at 12:35.
Old 2009-06-28, 21:20   Link #77
Arisato_Yuuto
Nandaka shiawase~

And because of that, we have a Sadistic Seme and Masochist Uke pair here? xD

But I thought it'll be a Masochist Seme and Sadistic Uke lol (since Ritsu always got punches from Mio xD
Old 2009-06-28, 23:40   Link #78
Solipsistice
Program not found

Well, its somewhat like different sides on the same coin, isnt it?

You can think of it as a relationship involving two people taking advantage of each other or you can think of them as relying on each other. Its only the connotation of the words that makes it seem like they're different things.
Old 2009-06-29, 04:24   Link #79
Wyxor

WOAH thats some wall of text up there @.@

Old 2009-06-29, 19:08   Link #80
King_of_Yuri
Approver of Yuri Pairings
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyxor View Post
WOAH thats some wall of text up there @.@
Yes, I do tend to get carried away at times...my bad.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters