AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-07-26, 01:29   Link #15141
Tom Bombadil

I don't think the Chinese government has caused such an uproar as this since the GreenDam thing.

Asked why they hurried up to dissemble and bury the crashed locomotive at the spot, the spokesman of the rail ministry said some "filling the muddy pond to clear the way" bogus nonsense, then said :"believe it or not, is your own business; anyway, I believe it". It has since become the internet meme in China.

They stopped looking for survivors after a very short time, and told the media that "there is no life signs left". But they later found a surviving 2 year old girl. Asked about this, the spokesman said :"it is a miracle." On hearing that, one journalist at the meeting allegedly said that "I want to beat this guy".

The one person who was to replace the sacked head of Shanghai Railway bureau was the head of central coordination office when the 2008 train crash happened. He was removed from that position, went to some local posts in several provinces, then back to his old position again a couple of years later.

China has an on going investment of 1.8 trillion RMB (around 277 billion USD) in the high speed rail. Many people are wondering how much of it is embezzled by the corrupted officials.
Old 2011-07-26, 02:09   Link #15142
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
He's done an amazing amount of damage to HIS OWN CAUSE or the cause of people concerned about the trends of un-assimilated immigration on Europe.
did he really ?
half the internet's reading his manifesto.
his trial's going to be one of the most talked about topics in the coming years (which is exactly why he surrendered peacefully).
and then, there is that saying about no such thing as bad publicity...

whether we like it or not, the guy got EXACTLY what he wanted.
Old 2011-07-26, 02:17   Link #15143
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
What the guy Vexx quoted is getting at, is by doing this, other less extreme people of his ilk--those opposed to immigration without assimilation--will find their efforts hampered due to his acts. It will make people look more favorably on the groups they oppose, and look more harshly on them.
Old 2011-07-26, 02:23   Link #15144
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

At the same time, it arguably puts more fuel for the extremists at the other end of the spectrum. Extremists vs. Extremists. That's actually rather terrifying.
Old 2011-07-26, 03:04   Link #15145
Echoes

There's a big difference between attention and actual political results. I don't want to be too assertive; I'm no prophet, but I highly doubt that this insane act will have a positive effect on the popularity of right-wing views in Europe. If he merely wanted attention, then mission accomplished, but he wants people to join his team. That is very different from people actually being curious about the criminal and his mindset, which will always be the case whenever someone does something this horrible.
Old 2011-07-26, 03:21   Link #15146
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
At the same time, it arguably puts more fuel for the extremists at the other end of the spectrum. Extremists vs. Extremists. That's actually rather terrifying.
It's also nothing new. Extremists always seek out their opposites on the field of battle and then throw down the gauntlet.
Old 2011-07-26, 03:51   Link #15147
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Things would be better if they just kill each other and leave everyone else (us) out of it.
Old 2011-07-26, 04:16   Link #15148
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Things would be better if they just kill each other and leave everyone else (us) out of it.
Impossible. They like to appeal to the common folk by killing them
Old 2011-07-26, 05:02   Link #15149
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
What tell ypu than they can find their ''fellow man'' with better ease than us ?
Old 2011-07-26, 05:32   Link #15150
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
I don't think the Chinese government has caused such an uproar as this since the GreenDam thing.

Asked why they hurried up to dissemble and bury the crashed locomotive at the spot, the spokesman of the rail ministry said some "filling the muddy pond to clear the way" bogus nonsense, then said :"believe it or not, is your own business; anyway, I believe it". It has since become the internet meme in China.

They stopped looking for survivors after a very short time, and told the media that "there is no life signs left". But they later found a surviving 2 year old girl. Asked about this, the spokesman said :"it is a miracle." On hearing that, one journalist at the meeting allegedly said that "I want to beat this guy".

The one person who was to replace the sacked head of Shanghai Railway bureau was the head of central coordination office when the 2008 train crash happened. He was removed from that position, went to some local posts in several provinces, then back to his old position again a couple of years later.

China has an on going investment of 1.8 trillion RMB (around 277 billion USD) in the high speed rail. Many people are wondering how much of it is embezzled by the corrupted officials.
277 billion. How long is this rail exactly, or the proposal was drawn up from the start by corrupt officials with a large chunk meant to be embezzled by them?

And w.r.t the journalist, who doesn't want to bludgeon the official to death with a frozen tuna?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-07-26, 05:40   Link #15151
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
And w.r.t the journalist, who doesn't want to bludgeon the official to death with a frozen tuna?
Are you crazy? Tuna is way too expensive to be risqued to be damaged... piece of the crashed train would do the work as well (if not better), plus have a more simbolic factor
Old 2011-07-26, 06:33   Link #15152
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
There's a big difference between attention and actual political results. I don't want to be too assertive; I'm no prophet, but I highly doubt that this insane act will have a positive effect on the popularity of right-wing views in Europe. If he merely wanted attention, then mission accomplished, but he wants people to join his team. That is very different from people actually being curious about the criminal and his mindset, which will always be the case whenever someone does something this horrible.
I think his view was that there are many other people out there who share his views, but who have not felt able to do anything about it, as they felt isolated. he meant for his act to be a "rallying cry" for those individuals. While this act may drive some away from his cause, with the rest, he may succeed in bringing them together.
Old 2011-07-26, 07:00   Link #15153
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Glenn Beck compares Norway shooting victims to Hitler Youth on radio show
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/worl...adio_show.html
That idiot is doing it again...
Old 2011-07-26, 07:40   Link #15154
Tom Bombadil

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
277 billion. How long is this rail exactly, or the proposal was drawn up from the start by corrupt officials with a large chunk meant to be embezzled by them?

Not this rail, I think it is like an overall figure or something.

Someone joked that since they are burying the locomotive in the soil, maybe they can harvest 2 next year.

The compensation is already starting to be handed out. Maybe only to the 39 people they listed, comparing the less than 200 that rumor has. I believe by tomorrow night, you won't even see the news about this disaster anymore. What a government?!
Old 2011-07-26, 07:59   Link #15155
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

China keeps getting tripped up by their own regional and local corruption. I just get this feeling that the *people* and the central government are sort of on the same page while the middlemen are just corrupt bastards. I keep thinking that at some point there's going to be an iron gauntlet response to regional corruption (which would win huge favor points from the general population).... all I know is that every train that crashes and every school that collapses builds a pressure keg and smothering the anger is just multiplying it.
Old 2011-07-26, 08:38   Link #15156
Tom Bombadil

@vexx, I used to see things in your way, too. But I have my suspicion on this incident. Although most of people blame the handling of the aftermath on the Railway Bureau, but is it really so? Take burying of the train for example, will the head of the Railway Bureau be so bold to make such a questionable decision? He will have higher-ups to answer to, will they be happy to learn that he tries to bury the train without their knowledge? So the suspicion is that that order comes from Beijing, and they are so detached from the general public that they think the people will be fooled.

Edit: apparently, their shamelessness know no bounds: there will be rewards of several ten-thousands rmb for those who sign the compensation agreement ASAP.

Source here (in Chinese): http://news.sohu.com/20110726/n314603032.shtml

Last edited by Tom Bombadil; 2011-07-26 at 09:57.
Old 2011-07-26, 09:58   Link #15157
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
The fact that a guy like this has ANY large scale following and recognition disturbs the fuck out of me.

It really shows you the kind of mentality developing amongst some on the far right.
Old 2011-07-26, 10:04   Link #15158
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
the Hitler Youth thing is stupid beyond belief, but he IS right about one thing.
this WAS a political youth camp, sponsored by the labor party, which is the whole reason why the killer picked it to begin with.
these kids were being groomed as the next generation of the labor party, and thats what he was trying to kill.
the future of the labor party.
Old 2011-07-26, 10:31   Link #15159
GundamFan0083

I really hope that Issa is wrong, but it wouldn't be the first time the BATFE has intimidated, extorted, or framed people.

Issa: Obama admin intimidating witnesses in ATF gun probe

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...mit-testimony/

And more guns found in criminal hands in Mexico from the "Fast and Furious" Operation.

Guns from U.S. sting at Mexican crime scenes: report

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...76P33T20110726
Old 2011-07-26, 10:38   Link #15160
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
the Hitler Youth thing is stupid beyond belief, but he IS right about one thing.
this WAS a political youth camp, sponsored by the labor party, which is the whole reason why the killer picked it to begin with.
these kids were being groomed as the next generation of the labor party, and thats what he was trying to kill.
the future of the labor party.
Your point being? The article goes over that Glenn Beck himself has been involved in youth camps that have a distinct political bent to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
I really hope that Issa is wrong, but it wouldn't be the first time the BATFE has intimidated, extorted, or framed people.

Issa: Obama admin intimidating witnesses in ATF gun probe

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...mit-testimony/

And more guns found in criminal hands in Mexico from the "Fast and Furious" Operation.

Guns from U.S. sting at Mexican crime scenes: report

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...76P33T20110726
The BATF acting like a bunch of shady skull fuckers? SAY IT ISN'T SO!
Closed Thread

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international