AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-06-20, 13:41   Link #2261
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Perhaps not, but they do get mounted on their shoulders. Plus there's the whole AMBAC thing, which IIRC is present in just about all Gundam shows.
Old 2012-06-20, 13:58   Link #2262
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Plus there's the whole AMBAC thing, which IIRC is present in just about all Gundam shows.
Sure, but a mobile suit will not be severely limited in movement simply due to the loss of an appendage. The structure of the mobile suit will still allow it to shift its weight around outside of extreme cases like what happened to the Duel or the Gaia.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 16:47   Link #2263
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

what about the main camera? It'd be pretty difficult to do anything without it. probably end up crashing into something and blowing up....
Old 2012-06-20, 17:10   Link #2264
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Sure, but a mobile suit will not be severely limited in movement simply due to the loss of an appendage. The structure of the mobile suit will still allow it to shift its weight around outside of extreme cases like what happened to the Duel or the Gaia.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
what about the main camera? It'd be pretty difficult to do anything without it. probably end up crashing into something and blowing up....
It can still hamper movement to a noticable degree in space, and as said, losing the main camera can be pretty problematic. Though it may be considered questionable to some as a source, in one particular SEED fanfic (Second Chance, by Enchanter468) demonstrated an example where one character in a Dagger was thrashed by the Freedom, losing his weaponry and an arm, and the main camera. Because of the damage and the loss of the camera, he ended up retreating only to slam into a battleship at 80 miles an hour and end up in a full body cast.

Mild example. Things can get much, much worse in a space battle especially when both sides are crazy.
Old 2012-06-20, 19:05   Link #2265
jorgewaffo

Quote:
This should be taken to the SEED thread.
yeah i thought i was lost. this thread is supposed to be gundam age - spoilers & speculation. gundam seed is way over too long.
jorgewaffo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 19:30   Link #2266
monster

Quote:
Mild example. Things can get much, much worse in a space battle especially when both sides are crazy.
Oh, I'm not saying it can't happen. But see, Freedom VS Providence, for example. The Freedom was still able to move well even after losing limbs and some more.

All I'm saying is it's not certain death just because your mobile suit loses a limb, or even a main camera.
Old 2012-06-20, 20:28   Link #2267
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I just think it'd be better for Kira to gtfo and do something else, but enough about that. I don't want to be reminded about that anymore. We are all have different views, and I don't see any of us change our point of view anytime soon, so let's stop that and return this place for AGE spoiler & speculation.

[edit]
and to a person who neg rep me, I'm just saying what Kira doing isn't anything different than outright killing, just that it will make him feel better about himself because he's not doing the killing. Their lives are not his concern.

Last edited by Duo Maxwell; 2012-06-20 at 22:46.
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 22:37   Link #2268
jorgewaffo

Talking

i think the reason why these guys talking about kira and freedom gundam gundam age spoiler is because the spoiler is old age kira is ezelkant and the boss mech is named strike freedom age gundam.
jorgewaffo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 04:32   Link #2269
Plant42

Summaries for ep 40-41

Since the letters are too small and blur here's some parts I got.

Ep40
After the reunion with his companion's in Diva, Kio talk to Flit about the mars sphere but Flit's response is not what Kio was expected.
And now Kio decide to face the war with his way of thinking together with the new Gundam AGE-FX.

Ep41
Kio continue to use a fighting style of defeating Vegan's MS without destroy the cockpit.

Looks like he's going for Jesus Yamato route.
Plant42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 05:01   Link #2270
monster

Ooh, I'm looking forward to see how they'll execute that transition for Kio.
Old 2012-06-21, 05:09   Link #2271
solidvanz
Special Operative

Episode 40
After returning to Diva, Kio told Flit about what he saw on Mars. Flit's reply isn't what Kio wanted. Kio made a decision to fight his own way, with Gundam AGE-FX.

Episode 41
EF is launching an attack to take back Luna Base.
Kio plays his own game by NOT AIMING AT THE ENEMY MS COCKPIT. Fram shows up and they try to come up with a plan to end the war.
Old 2012-06-21, 05:48   Link #2272
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

LOL. I kinda worried about the direction they are going
Old 2012-06-21, 05:58   Link #2273
Setsuna Asuka

I seriously hope people weren't expecting age to end in a "kill'em all" scenario.

After all Kio is supposed to be the saviour...
Old 2012-06-21, 06:33   Link #2274
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidvanz View Post

Episode 40
After returning to Diva, Kio told Flit about what he saw on Mars. Flit's reply isn't what Kio wanted. Kio made a decision to fight his own way, with Gundam AGE-FX.

Episode 41
EF is launching an attack to take back Luna Base.
Kio plays his own game by NOT AIMING AT THE ENEMY MS COCKPIT. Fram shows up and they try to come up with a plan to end the war.
Finally, Age related stuff.

So Luna Base fell and Fram now linked with Kio. Maybe she's the one that helped him escape in the episode 39 summary.
Old 2012-06-21, 06:39   Link #2275
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsuna Asuka View Post
I seriously hope people weren't expecting age to end in a "kill'em all" scenario.

After all Kio is supposed to be the saviour...
I definitely wasn't expecting a kill'em all scenario, but I don't want a Kira Yamato solution as well

And actually Vagan's suits are easy to disable, especially the Danazine. Just cut its head off. The problem is that Vagan's suit seems to be filled with auto explosive. Probably this method will blow up on Kio's face
Old 2012-06-21, 06:52   Link #2276
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
I definitely wasn't expecting a kill'em all scenario, but I don't want a Kira Yamato solution as well

And actually Vagan's suits are easy to disable, especially the Danazine. Just cut its head off. The problem is that Vagan's suit seems to be filled with auto explosive. Probably this method will blow up on Kio's face
I'm sure the Vagan will be kind enough to remove those "auto explosives" in all their MS once Kio goes full Kira.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 08:43   Link #2277
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
I'm sure the Vagan will be kind enough to remove those "auto explosives" in all their MS once Kio goes full Kira.
Aside from disabling the self destruct system, the vegans also promised to removed the auto-pilot kill system in the cockpit (just like what Flit and Dique found out in episode 24) to help Kio accomplish this feat.

One of the alternate forms of the Age-FX's rifle being a clay bazooka could also help.
Old 2012-06-21, 09:47   Link #2278
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
Great so now it's the no kill policy crap. Like that's gonna worrk with an army whose soldiers are willing to die for their leader.

Quote:

I thought one of the reasons why the Federation had a hard time capturing suits is because the Vagans always destroyed damaged units or auto destruct or even committed suicide in the cockpit. Flit capturing one was only due to his skill in disabling the auto detonation.

Quote:
LOL just have one battle where Kio disables an entire battalion of Vagan suits. The Federation brings them in and finds that all of them committed suicide inside

Quote:
So Luna Base fell and Fram now linked with Kio. Maybe she's the one that helped him escape in the episode 39 summary.
I wonder where Zeheart would fall in all of this.

On that matter if Kio hopes to save the Vagans he's going to need someone on the other end to help.

But if they end up making some damn triple alliance thing then this show is turning for the worst.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 10:22   Link #2279
bio9205
Reborn

The C Funnels/Sword Bits might help with Kio going all Kira, though. It could just disable the main weaponry of the suit, without damaging its functionality - reminds me of Unicorn ep 3 where Riddhe cuts off the rifle of a Geara Zulu and calls for it to "go home".
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 10:49   Link #2280
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

LOL. I suppose this is where I say I told you so. You could see it from a mile away...I personally don't like it, but it will be fun reading people's reactions and opinions. Seed doesn't leave anyone indifferent.