AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-07-05, 06:41   Link #33601
Eratas123

@ Meistah - Where'd you get that pic?

Side note - Friend made designs for alternate pilot suits that covered the whole body. Will upload it by tuesday since I have no scanner.
Old 2012-07-05, 06:48   Link #33602
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Meister
The whole idea put me into despair, enough to summon my own persona, if I'm living in that game.
Old 2012-07-05, 06:58   Link #33603
Eratas123

You don't have to be sad to get your persona. Look at Persona 4. The persona 3 cast didn't actually fully connect with their persona's; they just force them to come out, hence the gunshot as opposed to crushing cards.
Old 2012-07-05, 06:58   Link #33604
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
I can very much say "OH FUCKING SHIT" in behalf of every member of any naval forces in the world.
They hide in the rumors of a ghost pirate ship that appear in the midst of a hazy fog (that is actually particles that jam/interfere with detection technology..... also to further enforce the "image" by being only detectable by sight....).

The true form of the "Ghost Pirate Ship" is actually a submarine that look like an old pirate ship and doesn't appear on radar/sonar due to the jamming technology. They disappear from sight via submerging. Once ship are in the water, ship can't be detected (don't forget: it can only detectable by sight ).

And yes.... they do attack Military ship for supply.....

The good news is: They can't fly and they don't have beam technology (doesn't work very well in water).

The Bad news is: They are built for naval combat... and they have their own equivalent of energy shield that is tougher than IS (to withstand water pressure). And the pirate group possess advance stealth and detection jamming technology.

=

As far as they are concern, the pirate group is neutral and will not hesitate in attacking any ship regardless of their nationality or alliance.

Edit:
Their goal: To seek out the hidden treasure protected by Dragons.

Moar Edit: To further the Oh-sh*t, the Pirate Captain is a veteran naval submarine captain.....
Old 2012-07-05, 07:45   Link #33605
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Off topic: anyone with decent knowledge of Gundam, I need your help. Just come to my profile page.
Old 2012-07-05, 09:45   Link #33606
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Meistah - Where'd you get that pic?
I was thinking, short girl, calm presence, long black hair, and bingo, I got Kuroyukihime from Accel World.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
@ Meister
The whole idea put me into despair, enough to summon my own persona, if I'm living in that game.
Its not that dark. Granted its quite dark in Kana's era as her wingmates keep dying (the greenhorn moeblobs especially), but that's because the technology sucks. But she is still the person who will give rise to Nanaka, and eventually Karon, so she's quite positive that everything would work out, even though way back in 79 it sure looks like human's are doomed for extinction.

Her boyfriend also dies in the last chapter of her era... but not before a gift is left behind. Basically, as long as another generation is born, the humans win by living another day.

Also, each generation gets more livelier/idealistic than before. And with each generation, a better understanding of BETA attained, and more advanced technology becomes. 1999 era is probably the worst as Humanity literally stares extinction in the face. Nanaka, as Kana leads the DART forces counterattack, brings the Vandam II Normal up to stop the push into Thailand, and meets her fate there.

2026 era is probably the most cheerful, as the BETA invasion is stalled by the previous generation (including MuvLuv canon cast), although at great cost. But the war is still not won, as BETA somehow continue to make raids on and off. Kana, now retired and a grandmother, raised Karon to be a lethal fighting machine, and develops the young ISper's powers at incredible rates. But to Karon, she thinks that because she's protecting Earth its an honor and is proud of it. She is armed with the Vandam III Normal, which is pretty much I and II on steroids + BUSTER CANNON. Karon is also still positive as the Sun, high speed crazy on crack, but she's also much better trained than the Prime timeline. And in this world without male and female rivalry, Irish appears to her in a very surprisingly way...

Kana also works with Tabane in creating SHOOTiNG ST@R. Nanaka however is absent, having disappeared during a mission a decade ago. At the same time, a terrorist group named Phantom Task is raiding human craft. And when things can't get worse, a full invasion force of BETA, under the BETA Queen, arrives in the solar system.

The young idols are pressed into action, where the final chapter shall be written! Though at this point, it looks like some super robot anime in my head.

This all occurs as a parallel story to your story though, so I need to see where can I link things up. Or else, it'd just be another parallel timeline, which I think does make it easier for the both of us.

PS: Nanaka is alive too, she's just... the head of a terrorist organization trying to remove forces hoping to keep the world in a constant state of war with the BETA.

Last edited by MeisterBabylon; 2012-07-05 at 09:55.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 09:55   Link #33607
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I smell gundam AGE and fafner...
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 10:02   Link #33608
Eratas123

@ Meistah - Just watched Idolmaster to get your story Have to say, the expy's are pretty obvious now.

Note - Writers block strikes again.
Old 2012-07-05, 10:03   Link #33609
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

@eras granted the OCs were there before iM@S. I simply picked those that fit my plans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
I smell gundam AGE and fafner...
And 00 and SRW and Aquarion...

...well, not so much.
Old 2012-07-05, 10:07   Link #33610
demino_hellsin
That one guy

turning setsura into a "Left hand of Destruction" would be too much or not? The point isn't to have Ichika get a super gamebreaking power. The point is to give Ichika the power to destroy the world and teach him exactly how far the extent of wanting power will take him but without the ability to properly use it...
Old 2012-07-05, 10:08   Link #33611
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Erm... How powerful? Like Imagine Breaker?

Though main characters getting buster cannons are the norm in my book...
Old 2012-07-05, 10:11   Link #33612
Eratas123

Could you not call me Irish? It's not my main fix at the moment, and it'd be like me calling you Karon.

By the way, I still don't see how Makoto could be a boy. She looks like a girl to me.Gotta feel sorry fro Broducer, though.

Note - Good luck with your fic.
Old 2012-07-05, 10:15   Link #33613
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I haven't read the LN's so don't know exactly how bad ImagineBreaker can get when pushed...

If Fubuki's function of material decomposition due to negating the bonds that hold together matter is due to incorrect activation, then Setsura turns into something exactly like it. Only it has no incorrect activation. It continuously causes air and matter that exist around it to decompose into energy. The effect of the decomposition is roughly localized so it can contain and absorb in the energy being released by the baryonic decomposition. And when it actually uses energy weapons... it all comes out in anti-matter version.
Old 2012-07-05, 10:15   Link #33614
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

BRAINFART!! Sorry about this... Its an annoying habit..........

Maybe I'll do something about Kana soon, since I find writing about IS in a gritty fashion kinda fun.

Might even change the BETA to something else, cos really I'm just using them as Alien Invaders. Generic ones can suffice, and will allow me to create an "AU" Infinite Stratos universe, kind of like E7:AO is to the original E7.
Old 2012-07-05, 10:32   Link #33615
Eratas123

What happened to Ichika?
Old 2012-07-05, 10:37   Link #33616
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Well I'm calling it a night. Despite the weekend I'm pretty tired. See you guys tomorrow.
Old 2012-07-05, 10:49   Link #33617
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Buster Cannon

Now I remember, in novel Canon only Houki has such kind of weapon.... though Gospel has a variant, hmmmm
Old 2012-07-05, 10:58   Link #33618
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Could you not call me Irish? It's not my main fix at the moment, and it'd be like me calling you Karon.

By the way, I still don't see how Makoto could be a boy. She looks like a girl to me.Gotta feel sorry fro Broducer, though.

Note - Good luck with your fic.
Could be generically a guy..... -__-

==

Post too short:

The Pirate Group is code-named [Flying Dutchman] by military around the world....

Current Placeholder name for the group is: Kraken.

Still trying to decide rather to restrict DS to female only or not (doesn't matter that much....).

Last edited by agetreme; 2012-07-05 at 11:42.
agetreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 17:51   Link #33619
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
What happened to Ichika?
He appears together with the normal IS girls in 2026. What I am doing by hopping from 1979 to 1999 and then to 2026 is that it allows me to cover some of the older characters in 2026 and show how they were like way back in 1999 for example.

For example, Browning has a large role in the 1999 arc as Wulf's rookie wingman, before becoming a teacher in 2026. Prof Maximillan is a freshly-minted technician working on the Helicarrier in 1999, before taking over as head of R&D at DART in 2026. And then there's the extremely old ones present through all 3 eras, like Kana, who goes from girl to mother and then to grandmother, or Principal Schenberg of ISA, who was a hotshot Marine who could take on BETA with nothing but GUTS in 1979, progressing to tactical forecasting in 1999, before becoming that muscle-bound custodian of the Academy in 2026.
Old 2012-07-05, 18:06   Link #33620
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Because, duh, not every Childhood friend is mundane and normal...

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest