AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2005-12-30, 22:21   Link #1
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Gundam Fanfiction Thread

I remember that we used to have this thread before the forums got wiped, yeah, so here we go. Post up your fanfics, or those you think are deserving of recommendation.

Hidden Faith by Fatty Chalupa
A piece by our very own Fatty Chalupa. Not too much to say here. -WIP-

A Story of Heroes by bondfan
A rather interesting part-AU (ie. not a "proper" AU, but instead it modifies the canon tale) that takes place post-Alaska. Various new OCs and machines, as well as losses that never were. -Complete-

Brothers in Arms by Solid Shark
"How much do events change with just one person added to the equation?" While the number does happen to eventually be untrue, the OCs here are awesome without being godly (which happens to be some of the complaints against GSD...). Prepare for truths to be flipped around Hideo Kojima-style as the narrative progresses! -Complete-

Birds of a Feather by Solid Shark
Arguably the story which revived the "OC in canon tale part-AU" genre in the GS category. Read on and learn the truths behind the many questions surrounding Ken DiFalco. -WIP-

Well, that would be my say on things. Go on, contribute. It would do us all good.
WarpObscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-30, 23:40   Link #2
Fatty Chalupa
Whats this fuzzy feeling?

Unfortunately I decided to give up on mine. Its just that the Final Plus has completely screwed up everything I wrote. (That bastard Fukuda!)

Nice to see this thread back up again though. Writing is a good hobby!
Fatty Chalupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-31, 00:57   Link #3
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Write original stuff please. Fanfiction is so amateur. And fanfiction communities are so rabid that they hardly even respect original work.
Demongod86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-31, 01:09   Link #4
Fatty Chalupa

Well Demongod86, maybe some people like to make a continuation of their favorite anime. Its not like you're gonna watch the final episode of an incredible series and then the very next second you're gonna forget aobut it. Its kinda hard to pull something out of mid-air and start writing about it. I mean lets take our wonderful friend Fukuda here. Half of the mecha in CE were poor rip offs based on stuff in UC
Old 2005-12-31, 01:13   Link #5
Dark`
The Terror of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86
Write original stuff please. Fanfiction is so amateur. And fanfiction communities are so rabid that they hardly even respect original work.
Let's see you do it first. If you can't, what right do you have of telling other people what to do? Geez... "Fanfiction is so amateur.", what kind of attitude is that? >_>
Dark` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-31, 01:25   Link #6
Fatty Chalupa

Really... As I said in another thread, you stll have a right to disagree with others but you can't go out and call them "amateurs" and say that their work is "rabid." Yeah I won't mind if people hate my work but like any other normal person I'd get angry if people started calling me names.
Old 2005-12-31, 02:11   Link #7
cajunman380

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2609201/1/

i recommend this. this guy is almost just as good as the actual scriptwriters for the original seed.
cajunman380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-31, 06:57   Link #8
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
ehem.. i dont se eyou doing it so
i write original stuff i have 3 books full with manga made by hand and drawing pencel and have a comic online on the official dutch Abunai convention team

but still i preffer making fanfiction, mostly because my ieas start from fanfiction and then come to something way different witch can be called to an original fictional story

i have a Gundam Seed Destiny fanfiction in my list, though at that time i didnt know much about things such as models and uniforms, those will be sorted out, i decided to make my own alternative story

currently its on hold because i am still bussy with my first part of Black Gatomon, after that i will redo the GSD story and finish it, the sequel has been thought of but i have so many storis to finish that it'll have to wait

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2527522/1/

those who hate Shinn.. dont read..
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-31, 07:04   Link #9
pyu
Crouchety Old Man

Send a message via MSN to pyu
It's actually quite difficult to write good fanfiction. If you have any respect for the original work, you have plenty of limitations in terms of the original storyline, settings, characterization. In a way, writing fanfiction is a good way at practicising before producing your original work.

Unfortunately, 90% of the stuff out there is nigh unreadable. That includes all the ones that take the characters and drop them into a high school setting, uses text-messanging syntax and has more author comments than actual writing.
Old 2006-01-01, 07:39   Link #10
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

That depends actually on how far you intend to follow the canon. If you intend to write part-AU, deviation is quite allowed (intended to varying extents, actually).

And I wonder if your "90%" estimate is overdoing things...
WarpObscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-01, 16:01   Link #11
Scorch

In Vain Doth Valeur Bleed - it's very long and still in progress, but one of the few Gundam fanfiction works that I've found worth reading. It's set in the Zeta era, and is about a group of former Zeon.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/765736/1/
Scorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-01, 16:37   Link #12
Knightmare213

Quote:
Demongod86, you know, you kinda sound like one of those fanfiction flamers. No offence but you do. The reason I hate the flamers is that because some of them tend to have fun belittling other people's work for fun and don't care whether it is good or not.

If its bad, it's better to say nothing about it and be nice not to say anything negative. But this is Earth, so it's not full of good and selfless people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatty Chalupa
Really... As I said in another thread, you still have a right to disagree with others but you can't go out and call them "amateurs" and say that their work is "rabid." Yeah I won't mind if people hate my work but like any other normal person I'd get angry if people started calling me names.
FC, I have the same feeling as you do. If a person or a few numbers of people don't like my work and flames me to change it to suit them, I'd tell them go look for other people's work. But if you have a lot of people not saying anything, whether they want to say something negative or doesn't have a will to say anything, you have a problem.

Fan fiction is like a practise for some fan fiction writers who wants to be a writer. If you still want to call us, the writers, a bunch of amateurs, fine, call us amateurs because we are. However, that does not mean that we do not get any better. Every chapter we write, every story we write is a progress for us.
Knightmare213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-01, 17:23   Link #13
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Here's my old fanfic, brought back form the dead after the hack. No changes have been made since my last update to it.

GSD Redone
Old 2006-01-01, 20:45   Link #14
Demongod86

To all those that say let's see me do fanfiction: did it before, in fact, I had a soulcalibur/warcraft 3 xover fic going, made it Siegfried x Taki anime style pairing, then had Illidan come on over looking for SE, and Maiev follow him, and it got like 11 reviews per chatper, but it just got discontinued.

For some reason my warcraft 3 humor fic got taken down as policy violations, because it was warcraft 3 meets QVC

That and some warcraft/starcraft/diablo fanficcers are REAL bastards. They are friggin Al Qaeda fundamentalists of fanfiction...wouldn't put it past them to start nuking original fiction sites in their raving...
Old 2006-01-02, 00:52   Link #15
Knightmare213

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatty Chalupa
Unfortunately I decided to give up on mine. Its just that the Final Plus has completely screwed up everything I wrote. (That bastard Fukuda!)

Nice to see this thread back up again though. Writing is a good hobby!
So what if Final Plus screwed your story up? Series fan fictions do not have to follow what happens inside the series plot. Hell, your story gives some ideas for a third one. Here, let me post what I've said on the FanFiction.Net when I gave you a review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightmare213 in FF.Net
Hey, it's me, Knighty from the AS Forums. You may not know me (hell, you don't, do you?) but I was interested to read your story that was mentioned by WarpObsecura and it has pretty good potentials to be a good story.

*clicks the Story Alert list*

Even though there are some grammar errors in each chapters, the action scenes are above average and can be fixed if you just think them out for a while.

I'd like to see how this goes. Keep on writing!
So please, even though you may not consider continuing it, you'll get some more reviews and readers as you gain reputation for your story.

Have fun writing!
Knightmare213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-02, 13:53   Link #16
ZeusIrae
Loyal Haruhist.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2367636/1/

The story is about a mercenary who gets a gundam and it's problems with various secret organizations, former EA soldiers and pirates.It's pure insanity.

I agree with scorch,In vain doth valour bleed is pure gold.There's also a lot of good fanfic iaround 60000 words in the UC section.

Last edited by ZeusIrae; 2006-01-03 at 05:26.
ZeusIrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-02, 14:52   Link #17
Demongod86

Analyze it closely and you'll find that it isn't really good. You won't believe how much stuff looks to be good at first sight then shit once you see that the author rambles, uses adverbs, etc...
Old 2006-01-02, 17:50   Link #18
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
I use to write all sorts of fanfiction stuff(have notebooks and notebooks of the stuff), but now I'm focusing on writing original works as it's more fun to come up with new stories and characters and not restrict myself to what's already been done.

Working on a Gundam series right now with a little bit of royal blood backstabbing and a staged war between two sides.
Old 2006-01-03, 05:24   Link #19
ZeusIrae
Loyal Haruhist.

Quote:
Analyze it closely and you'll find that it isn't really good. You won't believe how much stuff looks to be good at first sight then shit once you see that the author rambles, uses adverbs, etc...
Yeah,of course most fanfic have this problem and it's annoying.The worst is repetition of the same word every single sentence.But there's thousands of fanfic on FF.net.I just check fic that are more than 40000 words and if the first lines are intresting I continue and at the end of the chapter I will stop.
But you're bound to find a diamond sooner or later.In vain doth valour bleed is perfect.I cannot say any bad words about it.The story,the characters and the style are great.
I know it,I read 20 chapters of it.It's criminal of a gundam fan to ignore this story just because it's a fanfic.I insist, read the first chapter.
Old 2006-01-03, 14:42   Link #20
Demongod86

Not a UC fan at all.