Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-08-22, 15:28   Link #941
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Certainly looking forward to TGS. I mean the indie games are great, and looking forward to a lot of already announced stuff like Infamous, but I'm always going to be more interested in any JRPGs coming out. So looking forward the most to news coming out of there.
I wholeheartedly agree with you there. While indie games have been great to keep my vita going through the lack of major releases I'm seriously hopping to get some jRPG announcements for both the PS4 and the Vita out of TGS.

I mean, I'm already practically sold on the PS4 after the mandatory remote play thing but I still want to see some nice games jRPG announced for it.
Old 2013-08-22, 15:32   Link #942
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
I wholeheartedly agree with you there. While indie games have been great to keep my vita going through the lack of major releases I'm seriously hopping to get some jRPG announcements for both the PS4 and the Vita out of TGS.

I mean, I'm already practically sold on the PS4 after the mandatory remote play thing but I still want to see some nice games jRPG announced for it.
Yeah, at this point I'm already pretty confident on getting a PS4 at some point (budget allowing). It's just that I'm looking forward to news on the kinds of games I'm most interested in.

There isn't much choice for me on new systems anyways. I'm still wary of Microsoft after what they initially tried to force on people and there still isn't much on the Wii U I'd even want to play. At least the PS4 has games I'm interested in and Playstation is usually good for JRPGs.
Old 2013-08-22, 18:53   Link #943
Siegel Clyne

Postpone Getting PS4

I have a lot on my wish list: a new, upcoming 15" Retina MacBook Pro, an iPad 5, an iPhone 5S (I like Apple products), maybe a new gaming PC... and a Sony PlayStation 4.

But I may postpone on getting the PS4 this year.

If Naughty Dog puts out an Uncharted 4 or a The Last of Us 2 on PS4, that would make getting the game console so much sweeter.

Uncharted is my favorite game series. I finished Uncharted 2 and Uncharted 3 on Crushing a while back and earned a Crushing Trophiy for each; I completed Uncharted 1 on Normal. Uncharted 1 seems to be the most difficult of the three games, and I know I could finish it on Crushing, but I always hated the jet ski portion of the game, where you shoot as Elena instead of Nate, who drives the jet ski.

Last edited by Siegel Clyne; 2013-08-22 at 19:41.
Siegel Clyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-22, 19:49   Link #944
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Ugh. I so want to pre-order a PS4 and a few games, but I've discovered that new job and commute takes up sooooooooo much time.... Of course, it also pays more than well enough to not break a sweat in paying for this.

As the boss of my boss said a few weeks ago, "I told my wife I want to buy two things: The Last of Us and the time to play it."

I've been so out of the loop with developments recently.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-22, 22:02   Link #945
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Lol, I am so waiting on getting a PS4 until sometime next year. I remember the chaos of getting a PS3 back when it came out (I didn't actually get it on its release or for Christmas that year, but I heard plenty of horror stories and news stories, including the one where somebody shot a person over it)

The hurry for it will have died down a bit next year, especially without an upcoming major holiday creating heavy demand.
Old 2013-08-22, 23:23   Link #946
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Lol, I am so waiting on getting a PS4 until sometime next year. I remember the chaos of getting a PS3 back when it came out (I didn't actually get it on its release or for Christmas that year, but I heard plenty of horror stories and news stories, including the one where somebody shot a person over it)

The hurry for it will have died down a bit next year, especially without an upcoming major holiday creating heavy demand.
This?
PS3 Madness
Second link about the same thing
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 02:36   Link #947
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
Ugh. I so want to pre-order a PS4 and a few games, but I've discovered that new job and commute takes up sooooooooo much time.... Of course, it also pays more than well enough to not break a sweat in paying for this.

As the boss of my boss said a few weeks ago, "I told my wife I want to buy two things: The Last of Us and the time to play it."

I've been so out of the loop with developments recently.
I'm with you. The only gaming I've done recently has been on my Vita before going to bed but there are so many games on the ps3 and steam I still want to play that it's not even funny (Tales of Graces F and Hate Plus come to mind)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post

I'm personally waiting for Christmas before getting mine. Plenty of retailers do store-wide discounts from time to time so I'm hoping to at least use one of those deals to get some games for free like I did when I bought the PS3 (20% of the price offered as a coupon)
Old 2013-08-23, 06:44   Link #948
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

There's no reason to buy in early on a console unless there's a game you really want to play. Until the mass market is saturated with the system, you'll still see developers making games for the previous generation console just because there's an existing install base there.

However, considering Naughty Dog is one of Sony's top tier development team, they are mostly be tasked to make their next game for PS4 especially when they just finished TLOU.
Old 2013-08-23, 07:11   Link #949
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I'll be buying a PS4 as early as I can, but I'm not that concern if I couldn't get it specifically at launch.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 07:52   Link #950
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I'll be buying a PS4 as early as I can, but I'm not that concern if I couldn't get it specifically at launch.
Same for me, if anything, I do not want to risk getting into the chaos of launch day. Though I will miss the BBQ during that day with guys from the neighborhood.
Old 2013-08-23, 09:57   Link #951
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
By the time it reaches our borders, it's not going to really have any problems with stock.

Maybe a small launch day madness, but it'll be nothing compared to the Tier-1 countries.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 21:33   Link #952
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
There's no reason to buy in early on a console unless there's a game you really want to play. Until the mass market is saturated with the system, you'll still see developers making games for the previous generation console just because there's an existing install base there.

However, considering Naughty Dog is one of Sony's top tier development team, they are mostly be tasked to make their next game for PS4 especially when they just finished TLOU.
It's more about having previously purchased the PS2 and PS3 each first-day. Wanna maintain a streak.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 21:34   Link #953
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post

I just really want the best of the best gaming system which is PS4. The exclusives are nice, but generally the top tier games such as Call of Duty and Battlefield I just want to play at the best level it can be. PC is obviously the best, but huge amount of money to make games play very well on it.
Old 2013-08-25, 21:47   Link #954
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Rain gameplay... The introduction is abit long though...

Helldivers gameplay (part 1)

Knack gameplay

Old 2013-08-25, 21:56   Link #955
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

When chatting with someone on AIM, I had a revelation:

Quote:
Something in advantage to PS4 is that it'll get more niche JRPGs and niche Japanese games in general. And there is Naughty Dog. XBone will probably get more quality western games which won't show up on PS4, but many of them should hit PC, and in general, I'll have access to so many quality western games on PC.
PS4 should be the better buy for someone who will make PC their main gaming platform in the new gen.
Old 2013-08-25, 22:03   Link #956
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

*Thinking... Thinking...*

By quality western games, is he talking about Halo and Gears of War?

(Titanfall is already on the PC so that's irrelevant)
Old 2013-08-25, 22:58   Link #957
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
*Thinking... Thinking...*

By quality western games, is he talking about Halo and Gears of War?

(Titanfall is already on the PC so that's irrelevant)

While Halo and Gears of War are quality series, that isn't what I had in mind, and I don't happen to care for either series. What I meant is, well, western game development has gotten very good. Lots of good quality series and new IPs. PC, Playstations, and XBox systems get big blockbuster games like Splinter Cell, Watch Dogs, Assassin's Creed, etc.; niche games like the new Rayman games, quality WRPGs like the Elder Scrolls games and The Witcher games, and on top of this, lots of great indie games hit PC, XBLA, and PSN.
Old 2013-08-25, 23:24   Link #958
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Oh I thought you meant just the exclusives...
Old 2013-08-25, 23:43   Link #959
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

9 out of 10 western games will be on PS4, whereas only 3 out of 10 Japanese games will be on XB1 though.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-26, 00:05   Link #960
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
9 out of 10 western games will be on PS4, whereas only 3 out of 10 Japanese games will be on XB1 though.
MGSV, FFXV and KH3