AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-10-18, 12:41   Link #37641
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Spoiler for I have a vision:

Err.... Good? or Not-good enough?

Because I need it to sound sane yet idealistic (For impact....lots of it)
Old 2012-10-18, 18:28   Link #37642
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
Hell if I know, all they(canon) ever mentioned was Armory something, or somewhere along that line.

Then again, it'll just stay as a "secret base" for now(and most probably won't be showing up anytime soon in the re-write)
Well, okay. But what I'm concerned about is the M1 Abram tanks, or those who (Nation/Country) are using them.

NOTE:
Japan does not use M1 Abrams. They have their own tanks, the Type-10. It's Japan's newest tank; being put into service this past January.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 18:35   Link #37643
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Well, Gospel is American - Israeli joint project, has American pilot, and the vector of attack also match the assumption that it's running away from American base by that point of canon (it came from the Pacific Ocean before contact with the protagonist)

So Abrams does make sense
Old 2012-10-18, 19:51   Link #37644
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Question: Since Reiraku Byakuya voids barriers and voided barriers means any lethal attack will activate absolute defense... If Byakushiki just threw a punch with barrier void, would that activate absolute defense?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 20:18   Link #37645
agetreme
Just another Idiot

It will activate to protect the pilot.

Spoiler for Quantum Computer:

Last edited by agetreme; 2012-10-18 at 20:38.
agetreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 20:20   Link #37646
demino_hellsin
That one guy

So I don't even need to make new weapons then... all I need is to make Barrier Void work for longer O.o
Old 2012-10-18, 21:10   Link #37647
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
So I don't even need to make new weapons then... all I need is to make Barrier Void work for longer O.o
Chifuyu mentioned before: Yukihira is the only weapon that Ichika needs.
Old 2012-10-18, 22:16   Link #37648
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Well, Gospel is American - Israeli joint project, has American pilot, and the vector of attack also match the assumption that it's running away from American base by that point of canon (it came from the Pacific Ocean before contact with the protagonist)

Yeah, that's what I'm mainly concerned about; M1 Abrams being used by the same Nations/Countries as in real life. Look here, these are the Nations/Countries that're are using M1 Abrams right now:

M1A1 Models:
Australia
Egypt
Iraq

M1A1 and M1A2 Models:
United States (Creators of the M1 Abrams)
Kuwait
Saudi Arabia

*Potential Users:
Greece
Morocco
Republic of China

* If these nations/countries do begin using M1 Abrams, they'll be getting the older M1A1 models.

The US is still currently using the M1A1 and the M1A2 models. But there's the M1A3 that's currently in development in the US. And when the M1A3's done and put into service, the US will replace their M1A1 models with the M1A3. Meaning that the M1A1s will be put out of service for the US.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 23:25   Link #37649
Eratas123

For some reason, I can't help but get the urge to write a Zero no Tsukaima fanfic. Damn plot....
Old 2012-10-18, 23:35   Link #37650
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Jak
Well, Stratos is in the military for once. Also, considering the fic I write now, hardware mistake should be minimized.

@ Eras
Just write what you want now, you'll regret if you lose da plot.
Old 2012-10-18, 23:45   Link #37651
Eratas123

It's a dark souls crossover:/ Honestly, the "Prepare to die" tagline is ringing in my head over and over.
Old 2012-10-19, 05:41   Link #37652
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post
Well, okay. But what I'm concerned about is the M1 Abram tanks, or those who (Nation/Country) are using them.

NOTE:
Japan does not use M1 Abrams. They have their own tanks, the Type-10. It's Japan's newest tank; being put into service this past January.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post

Zero got it right. That scene is where the Gospel begins to go apeshit around a base in America before escaping, that's why there's Abrams.

On the subject of Gospel's escape, I'm planning to use the following sequence:
- Gospel trailing Japan's mainland coastline.
- Faces off Byakushiki & Akatsubaki. Injuring Ichika and forcing him and Houki to retreat.
- Attempts to go into hiding, intercepted by Minerva. Inami retreats after sustaining major damage and injury.
- Goes into hiding, only to be ambushed by Ichika and co. again soo after.
Old 2012-10-19, 10:03   Link #37653
demino_hellsin
That one guy

wtf abilities for Byakushiki! Probably not gonna apply them though.

ReiTou(Zero SwordDegrees) : Energy canceling particles are compressed onto the Yukihira to the point that even ambient heat is rendered null. This causes the blade and its immediate surroundings to drop into sub-zero temperatures and even flash freeze whatever it comes in contact with.

RtZ(Return to Zero; pronounced Ritsu/melody) : When Setsura full dress is purged, the Reiraku Byakuya energy being controlled is released in massive amounts into the area. The pilot will only have a few minutes but for that time being, all forms of energy weapons and shielding are rendered useless, including their own.

Zero world(AKA. Z-world or Za Warudo ) : When concentrated, the energy nullifying particles can actualy slow down energy signals, including neural impulses. This causes an illusion of the Byakushiki going at very high speeds, but in reality, they are the ones going slow.
Old 2012-10-19, 11:52   Link #37654
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I really should stop playing Dating Sim for a while.

I got a weird dream about I.S. Eroge even... funny thing Ichika still being in character while going around the world... and not get killed in the process.

BTW, I think I'm resuming writing Sacred Twins draft, so when Blitz returned, we'll have lot's of materiel
Old 2012-10-19, 13:00   Link #37655
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Demino, just stick with Yukihira and Setsura for Byakushiki. After a while, you will realize that Byakushiki don't really need new weapons.

Byakushiki can't keep giving Ichika better things. It really need Ichika to be better.

Currently most of Ichika's success is contributed to Byakushiki.... he really need to have more achievement on his own.

======

Reworking on the main lead again.... (Currently updating him as I write drafts to see what works)

I really need to stop focusing on tech and more on the character (to make them easier to write)
Old 2012-10-19, 20:29   Link #37656
Eratas123

Finally made my first non-IS fanfic
Old 2012-10-19, 22:47   Link #37657
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@age: Then I'll just be basic with the second shift. Unlimited Energy destroying particle production with safety mechanism since it can also affect Byakushiki negatively and Yukihira with a gun mode and particle cartridge system. Everything Else would be Ichika's crazy application of the tech.

T_T

I've lost that moe mental image of the girls! Why!?

EDIT: I finally found it T_T... My ideal form of Setsura!

Okay so Byakushiki Setsura Kai is now fixed and looks a hell lot like a dude in my head... though if I add the helmet design it would look kinda sinister and evil...

Six Yukihira blades and twin Setsura with keep mode anyone?

Last edited by demino_hellsin; 2012-10-20 at 05:46.
Old 2012-10-20, 06:24   Link #37658
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

^ basically, how Beast Form/ Overshift looks in my mind.

Four legged beast with six energized claw and two Yukihira as wing extension, all CAN use Barrier void if needed.

EDIT: only show up in TLR Stratos though, ST concept still mostly humanoid.
Old 2012-10-20, 06:33   Link #37659
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Setsura's shield mode is also the keep mode. Generally acts as a buckler with expandable energy shield.

The claw isn't as impressive as the anime version. Think of it like the normal IS hand, except with wakizashi length claws.

The cannon mode isn't much, mostly just a bullet of energy destruction particles. Lower in output to traditional Setsura, but probably more than a match for Even BT's sniper rifle sheerly on the payload's properties.

Then comes the kicker. Setsura can completely come undone from the hand and turn into a sword.

Each of the Yukihira blades is only part of the set known as Yukihira sangata. I chose six because snowflakes are hexagonal. They can be wielded but generally act as hovering skirt units and booster stabilizers.
Old 2012-10-20, 06:39   Link #37660
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Okay I'm losing track again, so in a nutshell, your new tech is:

1. Anime-size, it was novel and manga that got it oversized like a lobster claw.
2. Energy destroying particles? I don't dare to ask and don't want to know, move on.
3. The new Setsura is a complete Foldout Armor that can change into completely different shape, than the partial system of the canon.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest