AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Sakurasou

Notices

View Poll Results: Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 12 18.46%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 29 44.62%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 27.69%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 9.23%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-11-18, 15:53   Link #101
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffle View Post
She's an odd ball but I don't see her as that stupid, that looked more like of an act to annoy a person.
I really really think that's not the case,she is "that stupid" when it comes to this kind of stuff,or rather curious enough to "experiment" without thinking of the consequences.
Old 2012-11-18, 16:32   Link #102
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
I re-watched all the episodes and paid attention to Aoyama's and Mashiro's interactions. It really did seem like Mashiro was not fond of Aoyama, she even tried microwaving a watermelon. She's an odd ball but I don't see her as that stupid, that looked more like of an act to annoy a person.

It wasn't until Mashiro witnessed the little conversation when Sorata was sleeping in the laundry room. He was showing concern for Aoyama pushing herself, which in turn, made Mashiro think that she should be concerned for her as well.

This is how I see it at least.
Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
I really really think that's not the case,she is "that stupid" when it comes to this kind of stuff,or rather curious enough to "experiment" without thinking of the consequences.
I agree with totoum here.

Mashiro is the sort of person that's brilliant in some areas, and even incisive at times, but she's absolutely clueless when it comes to some things. Remember, this is a girl who kept getting 0s on tests when her incredible memory enables her to get 100s with ease.

Mashiro is the sort of person who is quick to understand things that are of direct/immediate importance to her, but things outside of that scope don't get her attention at all. I can imagine Mashiro hardly ever using a microwave in life, and hence thinking that she could safely warm up a watermelon in one.

All of the above being said, I also got the impression that Mashiro was not fond of Aoyama at first. I think it's because she saw Aoyama as someone coming between her and Sorata when Mashiro did not want that. But once Mashiro saw that she and Aoyama had key points in common (namely, their tireless dedication to their respective life interests), Mashiro started to like Aoyama based on seeing a bit of a "kindred spirit" in her.
Old 2012-11-18, 16:42   Link #103
Itlandm
Porcupine

The stuffed animal was surprisingly lewd. That was the "friend" that gave her the somewhat daring underwear too, was it not? One can only hope the toy hasn't been like that until recently. I mean, what kind of childhood would bring about someone with a lewd toy tiger.

That said, her reaction after being caught in that conversation was priceless. As well it should be.
Old 2012-11-18, 17:10   Link #104
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itlandm View Post
The stuffed animal was surprisingly lewd. That was the "friend" that gave her the somewhat daring underwear too, was it not? One can only hope the toy hasn't been like that until recently. I mean, what kind of childhood would bring about someone with a lewd toy tiger.
Torajirou is sort of like 'Ted'.

Even stuff toys grow up
Old 2012-11-18, 17:35   Link #105
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
...In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the anime later makes a plot twist of "Jin dates all these girls, and sleeps with them, as a way to vent his (sexual) frustration over having a crush on a girl that he views as out of his league"....
I think that "twist" has long been with us. To me, the clear implication for a few episodes now is just as you say: that he goes with all these women because he has denied himself the one woman he really wants. After all, he told Sorata that if he came home that night and saw Misaki sad, he wouldn't have been able to keep off her.

I think the "out of his league" is the idea that others could do a better job of writing for her, but he knows she would always choose him, which would make her work less than it could be. Like an idiot, he's doing all this for her sake, when what she desperately wants is the affection he is preventing himself from showing. It seems a little overdone to me, but it's pretty interesting, and when he does give in, it's going to be great.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2012-11-18, 17:53   Link #106
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
I re-watched all the episodes and paid attention to Aoyama's and Mashiro's interactions. It really did seem like Mashiro was not fond of Aoyama, she even tried microwaving a watermelon. She's an odd ball but I don't see her as that stupid, that looked more like of an act to annoy a person.
She doesn't understand you have to uncap a bottle before pouring, so, yes, she is totally that stupid and more. Why wouldn't she like Aoyama? She gave her a cake.
Old 2012-11-18, 18:01   Link #107
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
All of the above being said, I also got the impression that Mashiro was not fond of Aoyama at first. I think it's because she saw Aoyama as someone coming between her and Sorata when Mashiro did not want that.
While there's some truth to this I also think a big factor was that Aoyama was trying to make her do things by herself so she saw her as "this girl who forces me to do stuff I don't want to" more so than "this girl that keeps me from being with Sorata" even if that's also a factor.
Old 2012-11-18, 18:56   Link #108
Snuffle
likes cute things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
She doesn't understand you have to uncap a bottle before pouring, so, yes, she is totally that stupid and more. Why wouldn't she like Aoyama? She gave her a cake.
LOL I totally forgot about that. Okay, I take back what I said about the microwave, the watermelon and her not being stupid in that way.

Although it's convincing what other people are saying on how Mashiro felt when dealing with Aoyama, I'm still willing to believe Aoyama bothered her.

Reason being, we hardly know how Mashiro interacts with other people, we can't take her social life and behavior on a standard level. I might be thinking too deep into this but... Although this goes against my shipping (which means I'm going to contradict myself), but I think Mashiro wants to be with Sorata because he makes her comfortable, and doesn't "make" her learn to take care of herself (not as harshly as Aoyama did at least).

I mean, she extremely casual about sex for a teenage girl, she doesn't mind a boy seeing her nude (although that one could be because of her art background), so she might not even understand what romantic feelings are.

With that said, the way I see it, and to reiterate a bit, Aoyama pushes Mashiro out of her comfort zone and into a "do this for yourself" situation. Sorata does not do this to the extreme level Aoyama does, thus, Mashiro was not all that fond of Aoyama getting in the way of her and Sorata for lifestyle reasons.

Last edited by Snuffle; 2012-11-19 at 07:55.
Old 2012-11-18, 19:56   Link #109
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Good lord Nanami is unfairly adorable. Her character type is done to death, and when its handled badly there's nothing worse, but when it's done well, it's staggeringly effective.

Mashiro gets *gasp* development! Huzzah!

Sorata comforting Misaki was a really nice moment too. There's really nothing more he can do for her, but he does what he can.
Closed Thread