AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Suisei no Gargantia

Notices

View Poll Results: Suisei no Gargantia - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 27 32.53%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 43 51.81%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 9.64%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 6.02%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-06-24, 09:35   Link #141
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Well she is the head priestess (or so it appears) after all.
And by the way the one who talked to Flange in Ep11 was a different priestess and she acted more or less the same.

Old 2013-06-24, 09:58   Link #142
Dop
Mmmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Here's a question: "Rack" and Pinion - intentional pun, or coincidence?
Aargh! I'd totally not noticed that until you mentioned it and then couldn't believe how dense I'd been not to notice it!
If that's a coincidence, it's an amazingly fortuitous one so I'd be more surprised if it wasn't deliberate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
The first time Pinion appeared he immediately reminded me of early 60's teen heartthrob Edd Byrnes who played the role "Kookie" on a detective series called 77 Sunset Strip.
Things you don't expect to see on AnimeSuki no. n of x...!

I had thought that Pinion had some kind of 50's greaser style look, but I get your reference too.
Certainly though I think his change of hairstyle reflects his change of heart, and he really shouldn't go back to the greaser look!
Old 2013-06-24, 10:04   Link #143
Arya

I watched the episodes just lately, without checking the total number of them, (my fault), and I was just preparing myself to a grim period for the cast subjugated to Kugel. Period that would have been solved thanks to Ledo allying with the Earth Hideuze ... instead this grim period is already finished, well it's not even started.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2013-06-24, 10:06   Link #144
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Principalities View Post
Spoiler for EPI 12:
True since in ep1 Chamber try to control Gargantia by force but Redo refused
(If Redo was dead = another GA fleet)
Champer and Redo at ep1 = GA mentally
(Empire at all out war against race want to wipe them out is not healthy for peace era)
Old 2013-06-24, 11:34   Link #145
HandofFate

man, Episode 12 was very heavy.
Pinion kind of was a hothead at the beginning of this climax arc, but I think it made the point where he made his decision on what side to go on MUCH more powerful. Best face turn ever.

I'm suddenly imagining this episode everytime the camera focuses on his face and he yells a line, that its a Super Robot Wars cut of him talking before firing something.

Thought it was funny that after taking off the mask, and the paint rubbed off, Pinion turned into a hunky bishonen lol.

Enjoyed Rack's re-entry as a cast member into this whole thing.

Spoiler for twist:
Old 2013-06-24, 12:18   Link #146
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

The fight between Striker and Chamber was pretty cool; it's definitely my favorite fight scene from this show. lol

And I'm very curious about this Stairway to Heaven. It could turn out to be some kind of secret super weapon of mass wubwub or something totally unexpected. Some people here speculated that it's some method to get to space? That would be a pretty interesting twist.
Old 2013-06-24, 17:39   Link #147
bastek66

Old 2013-06-24, 21:25   Link #148
triplez

I'd like to know what the Stairway to heaven is. COuld it be a dormant killer satellite? a mech kept in storage?

More likely I believe it is the activation key to the wormhole gate mention in episode 9. IF the $it really hit the fan they can shoved Stryker right through that gate along with Chamber and Ledo.

Problem solved?
Old 2013-06-24, 21:38   Link #149
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Wouldn't Oldham be a real dick if he knew the way to send Ledo back home but always kept it for himself?

Old 2013-06-24, 21:55   Link #150
MeggieMay

Stairway to Heaven sounds to me like a Space Elevator Which might take you up to the wormhole gate but wouldn't necessarily activate it. I guess they could just dump Striker up in orbit but how well that would work, I haven't a clue. Another possibility that comes to mind is it's some sort of communications module, seeing the archival footage seemed to be filmed in front of that mast (I can't find that picture from Ep 9 - does anyone remember what thread that was in?). It might be able to reach deep space and/or it might be able to over-ride the mechs in some way. No idea what is going on here yet, though.
Old 2013-06-25, 00:05   Link #151
taofd

Here's the mind f**k:

Spoiler for speculation:

I think the point Urobuchi is trying to make in this series, is that it's not appearances that matter, but the choices and decisions we make that make us human. There is no sense in surviving if we give up that core aspect of humanity.
Old 2013-06-25, 00:16   Link #152
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by taofd View Post

I think the point Urobuchi is trying to make in this series, is that it's not appearances that matter, but the choices and decisions we make that make us human. There is no sense in surviving if we give up that core aspect of humanity.
Yeap! Every series I've seen that he has written pretty much carries the same thematic message.
Old 2013-06-25, 05:04   Link #153
taofd

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Yeap! Every series I've seen that he has written pretty much carries the same thematic message.

It's the first series where I've seen him do it so blatantly though... I've always suspected Urobuchi was a little bit of a voluntaryist, but now I'm pretty darn sure.
Old 2013-06-25, 07:01   Link #154
scr
my sides are in orbit

Spoiler for 12:

The only thing missing in the asskicking are Luckage's twinks.
If there's a Final Fantasy game that I must put my personal seal of disapproval on, it's Crisis Core. I mean, just look at how this Genesis Rhapsodos dude is raping the canon. It's bad. As in, fanfiction bad.
Old 2013-06-25, 11:30   Link #155
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

I wonder how Ledo didn't succumb to Earth's diseases unlike the Colonel..
Old 2013-06-25, 11:38   Link #156
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Probably 'cause he's still a virgin.
Old 2013-06-25, 11:50   Link #157
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
We don't know yet that Kugel died of disease. He may have been fatally injured during his arrival on Earth. His life support system may have been damaged, and he died of dehydration, starvation, or asphyxiation. It's also possible that Striker murdered him. We simply don't know yet why Kugel died.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2013-06-25, 14:21   Link #158
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

And Earth isn't uniformly pestilential.
Old 2013-06-25, 18:59   Link #159
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior

Location: First star to the left, you should go there sometime.
Pinion and the others backing up Ledo like bros was so awesome. Please don't get Urobutcher'd Pinion
Old 2013-06-25, 19:26   Link #160
Grey

I'd love it if Striker gave a speech to Ledo like Chamber did in episode 10. It probably won't happen. Striker's fleet was too obviously designed to look bad with the grey color scheme and sea-turfing those people. If they wanted to give Striker a compelling speech they would have developed the fleet a little differently and given less focus on that.

It's a shame though. I would've loved a clash of views and arguments between Kugel, Ledo, Striker, and Chamber. But Kugel is dead and I can't expect much from Striker now.

Also: Pinion was pretty cool. And Rackage has nice eyes.
Closed Thread