AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > High School DxD

Notices

View Poll Results: High School DxD - Episode 0 Rating
Perfect 10 3 13.64%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 3 13.64%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 36.36%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 13.64%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 4.55%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 18.18%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2018-04-12, 12:05   Link #21
Malicre

i legit started crying when i saw how bad great red was lmao. The animations were super terrible all around but the plot was way better then what we had in season 3.
Malicre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-12, 14:30   Link #22
Bigmac

They had to re-tell this ending of volume 6 or points that are rather important later on wouldn't make sense. E.g Rias being the 'Switch Princess' etc
Bigmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-12, 16:55   Link #23
Raptor178

Man, people are really dissatisfied with how Episode 0 fixes the plot, huh? You can't blame them when they don't have both sides of the story.

On the episode, I think using "Shouri" instead of "Soshite..." for the JD transformation scene was a mistake. It was supposed to be more ominous than epic.

The three-legged race being a slide-show... Can't really fault it for being shoved to the side. It was quite barebones in the LN as well.

I suppose Gasper intervening with Shalba's transportation does make more sense now, for reasons that can't be described in this thread.

Oppai Dragon went off without a hitch, and Bikou's got a cool cape!
Raptor178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-12, 17:10   Link #24
Bennia Lover
Elmenhilde Lover

It's a retcon episode so of course there wasn't going to be amazing animation. Because it was just a quick thing to kick BorN in the ass and that NTR director.
Bennia Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-13, 07:16   Link #25
LG-MAX 2.o

a question, why is the crunchyoul version censored if there is an uncensored version in the Tv japanese ( AT-X)?
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-13, 07:33   Link #26
CCPDarkraiRules
Vassal of the King

Quote:
3. Why are the episodes censored? - During the simulcast, FUNimation and Crunchyroll only have access to the censored broadcast TV masters given to them by Japan. Contrary to popular belief, FUNimation and Crunchyroll DO NOT censor the show themselves; they can only use what the Japanese producers offer them in the meantime. They will eventually get the uncensored masters once it gets closer to the home video release, however, and around that time the streaming footage will be updated with the uncensored footage. Note that for free subscribers, ONLY the censored footage is available; you have to upgrade to a paid subscription in order to see the uncensored episodes.

4. I've heard that the channel AT-X in Japan already has access to the uncensored footage. Why couldn't FUNi get it from them? - AT-X is a premium cable network in Japan, similar to HBO or Showtime here in America, only even more expensive. As a result, AT-X has temporary exclusive rights to the uncensored masters for the time being. It wouldn't be fair for Japanese television subscribers to pay a high price per month for AT-X when we get the exact same footage they do, at the exact same time they do, for only $8 a month. So FUNimation's options are to either use the censored masters or to not do a simulcast at all.
Here's an answer from FUNimation.
Old 2018-04-13, 07:50   Link #27
LG-MAX 2.o

I understand, so in short, a service like Amazon or Netflix simply have more power than Crunchyroll. Thank you!

As a side note, many people hated the episode, at least on the websites of my country.
Old 2018-04-13, 10:50   Link #28
darkofficer
just a devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post
I understand, so in short, a service like Amazon or Netflix simply have more power than Crunchyroll. Thank you!

As a side note, many people hated the episode, at least on the websites of my country.
probaly because they don't know what happend behind the scenes

favorite novel: Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?
darkofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-13, 10:59   Link #29
mickbis

So they did redo that horrible Born ending!?
good job!
I still faintly remember how disappoint I was that season
mickbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-13, 11:01   Link #30
Gaizafaiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkofficer View Post
probaly because they don't know what happend behind the scenes
Or they hated the new art style. Or they hated it for being a recap while it is actually a retcon. Or they understand that it was a retcon but prefer the Born ending. Or they just hated DxD for simply existing.

It's hurt to say this, but this is human.
Old 2018-04-13, 11:06   Link #31
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaizafaiz View Post
Or they hated the new art style. Or they hated it for being a recap while it is actually a retcon. Or they understand that it was a retcon but prefer the Born ending. Or they just hated DxD for simply existing.

It's hurt to say this, but this is human.
the biggest criticism is about art and oppai music, I think it's because a lot of people do not know that art and animation are different things, and the current animation is much better than previous seasons,
Old 2018-04-13, 11:47   Link #32
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post
the biggest criticism is about art and oppai music, I think it's because a lot of people do not know that art and animation are different things, and the current animation is much better than previous seasons,
I'm not too surprised about people not knowing what to think in terms of the oppai dragon song. For those who only follow the anime, it'd feel like big change in tone from the previous season. Not that I particularly agree with those who preferred it before, I'm just not surprised. The series is seen very differently between LN readers and those who have only been exposed to the anime.
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-13, 13:24   Link #33
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I can't say I'm really surprised. In my experience, there really is no pleasing LN fans (of any LN) in the long run when it comes to the anime adaptation.
Old 2018-04-13, 13:46   Link #34
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I can't say I'm really surprised. In my experience, there really is no pleasing LN fans (of any LN) in the long run when it comes to the anime adaptation.
Well the problem was that BorN ended up removing things that were needed as soon as this season. If someone prefers how something played out previously, it's not a big deal. But when you cut things needed to proceed, well, there's not much you can do.
Old 2018-04-13, 13:49   Link #35
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Oh, I'm not commenting on that. I'm commenting on how even when the LN fans got what they wanted, with those events retconned, they're not happy with episode 0. I suspect many of them would rather full episodes depicting the events, rather than a retcon recap.

Never mind the complaints on the artstyle, the animation, etc.
Old 2018-04-13, 14:05   Link #36
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

Ah, well it's fine to me. Recaps are just that, guess you can't please everyone.
Old 2018-04-15, 11:35   Link #37
anifreik1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Oh, I'm not commenting on that. I'm commenting on how even when the LN fans got what they wanted, with those events retconned, they're not happy with episode 0. I suspect many of them would rather full episodes depicting the events, rather than a retcon recap.

Never mind the complaints on the artstyle, the animation, etc.
As an LN fan, of course I'd rather have full episodes rather than a retcon-recap. As an anime fan, of course I'd rather have more episodes. As a DxD fan, I'd rather have two cour 26 episode seasons! But, hey, the story is back on track, DxD is back on the air and I'm happy about all of it. Character design, especially the faces, could be better but the animation (bouncing oppai!!!) is top notch. Can't wait on the rest of the season, and I sincerely hope disc sales provide for a fifth season and beyond.
anifreik1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-15, 14:01   Link #38
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Oppai Dragon is back
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote