AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-04-02, 19:14   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Mahouka LN - Spoiler-restricted Q&A (for people who want short, simple answers only)

This thread is for those of you with simple questions about the Mahouka light novels where you just want simple answers, and not unneeded spoilers. There are many questions that don't need a whole thread to discuss them. A simple practical answer straight from the source without any speculation can solve these conundrums. If someone has such a question about Mahouka which can be solved by answering with facts from an official source, then please ask that question here.

Please don't post in this thread unless you are asking a question or answering one. Please remember that it only takes 1 person to answer a question. And don't speculate! You can only reply with cold, hard, merciliessly unforgivable facts. If you have to speculate, then please just tell the querrant that no answer is known, but here are some facts that might help him make up his own mind.

We have a bunch of other Q&A/Discussion Threads for other topics, including: Magic & Technology, World and Setting, Character Powers, Families, and Other. In these other threads spoiler can be discussed openly. So please only use this thread for simple Q&A when you don't want unneeded spoilers or details. If the question goes beyond the scope of a simple question/answer, and you want more advanced spoilers, you are encouraged to check out the other threads.

For the purpose of this thread, we discourage anything that reveals important or significant details about plot or characters, and such information should not be posted unless it is required to answer a direct question. In such cases, please use spoiler tags, as explained below.

Untagged spoilers are risking a ban. There are two ways to create clearly marked spoiler tags, as shown below:

The easy way: By simply clicking on this icon which can be found in the Quick Reply or Reply to Thread template.
or
The macho way: By using those uber vB codes as shown in the following...

Spoiler Tag Example
[spoiler=title, i.e. your reason for the spoiler tag]Don't forget to use a title for the spoiler![/spoiler]
...becomes...
Spoiler for title:
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-04, 04:19   Link #2
Mentar
Banned

Woooooo-hoooooooo

I hope it's okay to just write a big big "Thank you" for creating this subforum in this thread (didn't see a better match). This will help to finally sort discussions properly and avoid the spaghetti mashup of the past!

A big thank you to the mods!
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-04, 06:24   Link #3
bietchie11
OneTrueTatsuya's apostles

Ok, first question: why do you guys close the original, official and old-school LN thread??
What is its substitute?
I want a general discussion thread so I can just bookmark it for easy access, not spinning over bunch of sub-forums that only serve the benifit of anime-only viewers.
Politics: Capitalism

-Silentwolfie-
bietchie11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-04, 06:29   Link #4
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
If I guess the old tread is compost of many topics a mash-up of on-topic & off-topic it is same hs dxd very old treads according of my experience
Old 2014-04-04, 14:01   Link #5
Galacticichi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bietchie11 View Post
Ok, first question: why do you guys close the original, official and old-school LN thread??
What is its substitute?
I want a general discussion thread so I can just bookmark it for easy access, not spinning over bunch of sub-forums that only serve the benifit of anime-only viewers.
Also really would appreciate a thread like that although we should move these comments to the requests for new threads.
Galacticichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-10, 15:47   Link #6
IceHism

Is there even any spoiler restricted question that needs to be answered in mahouka anyways? Literally everything in the plot is either foreshadowed or explained.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-11, 12:29   Link #7
Rava

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
Is there even any spoiler restricted question that needs to be answered in mahouka anyways? Literally everything in the plot is either foreshadowed or explained.
It's intended for anime viewers who have questions about things they see in the anime but don't want a spoiler ridden info dump answer for it. It's possible some of the foreshadowing is so subtle that people won't see it in the future anime episodes.
Rava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 23:18   Link #8
c933103
FTNR

I see some comments on the show and I would like novel readers explain their view on this without spoiler...
Spoiler for some comment:
c933103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 23:30   Link #9
CatRules
Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by c933103 View Post
I see some comments on the show and I would like novel readers explain their view on this without spoiler...
Personally, I don't know what to comment other than "yeah, that's Mahouka."

I think most novel reader who have finished Vol12 already know the main focus of Mahouka is actually about politic/social value. The more perceptive ones might have figured it out since Vol.6.

So I don't have anything to say other than that the novel reader wasn't lying when they said "the very first parts were just hints, the real thing comes later."

by the way, there's HUGE spoiler about Tatsuya's goal that should be hinted in Vol.2 and explicitly revealed in Vol. 6 in that quote, you know
Old 2014-04-12, 23:34   Link #10
IceHism

Quote:
Spoiler for some comment:

Being someone who dislikes comedy and the cuteness that is usually associated with moe. I agree that I want more serious stories with badass MCs and macro themes. Coming with good plot, fantastic world building, and decent character fleshing is also a bonus.

But the gist of the article is that the guy thinks moe/unseriousness + sissy weak protagonists is bad while stories like Mahouka is good.
Old 2014-04-12, 23:56   Link #11
c933103
FTNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatRules View Post
Personally, I don't know what to comment other than "yeah, that's Mahouka."

I think most novel reader who have finished Vol12 already know the main focus of Mahouka is actually about politic/social value. The more perceptive ones might have figured it out since Vol.6.

So I don't have anything to say other than that the novel reader wasn't lying when they said "the very first parts were just hints, the real thing comes later."

by the way, there's HUGE spoiler about Tatsuya's goal that should be hinted in Vol.2 and explicitly revealed in Vol. 6 in that quote, you know
1. The one who write this post claim that he hadn't read the novel itself.
2. Some people think that this passage successfully tell readers about how bad the series is...
Old 2014-04-13, 00:05   Link #12
IceHism

Quote:
1. The one who write this post claim that he hadn't read the novel itself.
2. Some people think that this passage successfully tell readers about how bad the series is...
How does he pull a quote from the book without reading it?

And the article is praising Mahouka, so how is he telling people that it is bad? More people are willing to believe what someone writes than are willing to question it. He has probably attracted more Mahouka readers than he has driven away people.
Old 2014-04-13, 03:10   Link #13
c933103
FTNR

Quote:
How does he pull a quote from the book without reading it?

And the article is praising Mahouka, so how is he telling people that it is bad? More people are willing to believe what someone writes than are willing to question it. He has probably attracted more Mahouka readers than he has driven away people.
1. quote? which line?

2. the forum that originally post this comment seems like to do these kind of things..anyway, probably.
Old 2014-04-13, 06:09   Link #14
IceHism

Quote:
1. quote? which line?

2. the forum that originally post this comment seems like to do these kind of things..anyway, probably.
First there is a quote from the afterword of mahouka that mentioned kawahara reki and his praise for mahouka.

2nd, the quote of tatsuya to liberate magicians being seen as weapons is not revealed until volume 6 so its not like he got that out of the back of the book. He certainly has some knowledge of the novel
Old 2014-04-13, 19:24   Link #15
jmaverf123

Do you know guys what will they adapt in the LN? Will they adapt volume 6-7?
jmaverf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-14, 03:33   Link #16
c933103
FTNR

Quote:
First there is a quote from the afterword of mahouka that mentioned kawahara reki and his praise for mahouka.

2nd, the quote of tatsuya to liberate magicians being seen as weapons is not revealed until volume 6 so its not like he got that out of the back of the book. He certainly has some knowledge of the novel
probably due to excessive spoiler all over internet....
Old 2014-04-14, 17:20   Link #17
Kyuusaisha

Finally got around to starting this now that the anime started airing and I have a simple question.

Spoiler:
Kyuusaisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-14, 17:31   Link #18
HypeDemolition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuusaisha View Post
Finally got around to starting this now that the anime started airing and I have a simple question.

Spoiler:
Spoiler for Year 2:
HypeDemolition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-14, 17:48   Link #19
Kyuusaisha

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypeDemolition View Post
Spoiler for Year 2:
Many thanks, I'm sure more questions will come in due time.
Kyuusaisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-15, 18:10   Link #20
Moeterum

So how good are the novels?

Should I keep watching the show?
Moeterum is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
q&a