AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Old 2014-04-27, 06:59   Link #21
LG-MAX

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
Though we don't know how they'd handle it. They certainly would not head into it without giving any context or reason. They didn't do that with the Sister's arc.

And I think they know their audience:
this is the most one-sided relationship of this franchise, you can make a short list of girls that Touma did have some level sexual desire, but Mikoto is not among them.

Seriously, this attempt to make the public think they are a couple when history shows that is not something to be pitied.
LG-MAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-27, 07:48   Link #22
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

I'm... pretty sure that is now why they're showing that... Don't look at it like that.

They still have some of the best interactions in the series though- and in Railgun.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-27, 08:26   Link #23
LG-MAX

Quote:
They still have some of the best interactions in the series though
in the NT? Really? you call that a good interaction? Really? you're only taking into account the end of volume 2 and 8, right? judge them all the scenes, from the ridiculous attitudes her too.

an example of a good interaction - Touma + Maria, were pleasant moments to read, it's a shame she ever loved another man there and a "NTR" in NT9 and girls like that are considered "unclean" among otaku, then she should not be very popular there.

Anyway, this poster to promote a loving relationship that does not exist (at least on both sides).

Quote:
and in Railgun
Touma in Railgun is presented as a badass who always appear in the most difficult moments to help Mikoto, frankly, if I read only Railgun I would hardly like of Touma. he is presented as an Deus ex machina.

but I still think a Deus ex machina is more agreeable than a stalker.

Last edited by LG-MAX; 2014-04-27 at 09:28.
Old 2014-04-27, 08:36   Link #24
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

This is not to promote a loving relationship. I'm pretty sure. Not the main-draw.

I'm talking Toaru as a whole. I enjoy their comedic scenes, I enjoy their story-related scenes. They have tons of moments I like. I'm not even talking about romance.
Old 2014-04-27, 08:40   Link #25
LG-MAX

Quote:
I'm talking Toaru as a whole. I enjoy their comedic scenes, I enjoy their story-related scenes. They have tons of moments I like. I'm not even talking about romance.
OK, now we're talking about personal preference, there's nothing to discuss, I'm happy for you.

on the poster, thousands of people will interpret it the wrong way, and my fear is that this creates crap, as in WW III.
Old 2014-04-27, 08:45   Link #26
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Yeah. For the record, I like Maria's as well.
Old 2014-04-27, 14:01   Link #27
Birdway
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX View Post
OK, now we're talking about personal preference, there's nothing to discuss, I'm happy for you.

on the poster, thousands of people will interpret it the wrong way, and my fear is that this creates crap, as in WW III.
This so much .
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-27, 16:08   Link #28
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

People should just chill. Misaka/Touma had some great interactions in the anime/manga/LN's... okay... sometimes she got really annoying... recently... but there have been some great scenes... like in NT 8... so it is a matter of personal preference, and rather like her character. Plus, to put it one way... no Misaka would mean no clones, Last Order, Will-chan, Worst, etc... and those are many people's favorite or well-liked characters... so she was useful to most people at least in SOME ways.

Also, I don't know how I feel about Railgun Touma. It isn't a deus ex machina if you read the main series... I mean it is a spin-off... I'm sure Kamachi doesn't think of it as a stand-alone series, even if fans do. That's the difference in seen intent here. Since the creator didn't create it to be stand-alone, it shouldn't be judged that way, even if you only like that series. But yes, many railgun only fans are illogical in that manner, because they ignore that intention and believe their intention as the reader/viwer is more important than that of the author's. It's weird, but it happens. I can't wait to also see this happen with the Accelerator manga. (sarcasm)

I actually think J.C. staff mainly just suck at showing good Touma except perhaps in a few episodes of Railgun S and even then... (I think Index Touma is pretty lousy as well... I way prefer the in-novel Touma). I mean it's good, but not to the standard I hold Kamachi's LN's to, if that makes sense.

This is why I wouldn't mind if we got a different animation studio. J.C. staff's interpretation of this work is killing me. Yes, I'm sure Shaft would also change it like they did to Mekaku City Actors, and Trigger might have a kill-la-kill style... so I don't know... but if they preserved certain aspects of it then Trigger definitely handles over the top action extremely well... but they came into the picture too late darn it!
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-27, 16:19   Link #29
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

I don't think there is a problem with animated Touma. That is just one of the many issues of going from Light Novel to Anime.

I actually think he's fairly represented in the anime from early on. A lot of my friends are able to see what makes him great and that came from the Index part. He is exactly as he is to me.

This isn't the place to discuss it though, but I think JC is fine. Especially for a LN adaptation. They can never add every little detail and it shouldn't be expected to.
Old 2014-04-27, 16:41   Link #30
Miraluka
Banned

Index Touma is fine, the only problem was the big chunk of insight cut from Vol.2 but after that is fine.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-27, 16:43   Link #31
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Yep. The only -issue- I can think of was it wasn't "masked" by decent animation like in Railgun S going from II. But that was not in their hands.

And as voice actors and staff improve, it gets better naturally.
Old 2014-04-28, 09:22   Link #32
LG-MAX

for me, the best "physical embodiment" of Touma until today at least I liked most were two.

Railgum manga vol 6 and 7.
Index manga vol 7 and 8.

I scared to see him in the Accelerator manga.

Yes, I prefer these than the book, I might change my view if Touma continue with this stylish clothing delinquent he currently uses in the next volumes and and if he never has another Justim Bieber face (NT3)
Old 2014-04-28, 11:50   Link #33
mark1246

I can see them leave plothole in the Daihasei Festival Arc, SO WE CAN USE that as an excuse to make a filler arc in the second half of Railgun season 3, which i wont complain cause nothing can be bad as the silent party arc
mark1246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 12:00   Link #34
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1246 View Post
I can see them leave plothole in the Daihasei Festival Arc, SO WE CAN USE that as an excuse to make a filler arc in the second half of Railgun season 3, which i wont complain cause nothing can be bad as the silent party arc
I'm pretty sure that we said the same thing about the Poltergeist Arc. Look what happened then.
Old 2014-04-30, 10:08   Link #35
LevelSeven

do we know at which date the daihaseisai arc was over??

because im pretty sure that this would be the only timespan in which we didnt see mikoto
the timespan between 30.08 and the end of daihaseisai....

the other ones would be while vol.14- vol.16 but she was her usual self and seemed to have only touma in her head)
vol.17-WW3 well, if im wrong than this should be the next possible arc....

their isnt much time between the events, so it is hard to make a proper guess about the next arc-time

at least if we take the railgun manga as canon, is it canon??
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-30, 19:58   Link #36
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
I'm pretty sure that we said the same thing about the Poltergeist Arc. Look what happened then.
I'm confused that people didn't like the Poltergeist arc... I thought that arc was awesome... I saw it before I read the manga... but... (and I guess it was mainly the last three episodes that I see as such... but still...)

After this arc please have other level 5's or science side characters that won't be seen until NT or so... it would be nice to get them at least a little bit earlier into animation, if the animes do come out...
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-30, 20:59   Link #37
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1246 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
I'm confused that people didn't like the Poltergeist arc... I thought that arc was awesome... I saw it before I read the manga... but... (and I guess it was mainly the last three episodes that I see as such... but still...)

After this arc please have other level 5's or science side characters that won't be seen until NT or so... it would be nice to get them at least a little bit earlier into animation, if the animes do come out...
Guys please don't jinx it...

The way I look at it is like this: The Poltergeist Arc was great because it complimented the Level Upper Arc. The Silent Party Arc was crap because it juxtaposed the Sisters Arc for the sole reason of pleasing the SoL portion of the Railgun fanbase.

The Daihaseisai arc has too much going on in it to leave room for an anime original arc. Plus somehow they'll have to squeeze in Liberal Arts City and explain why Kuroko is in a wheelchair... Otherwise plot holes.

Now that I think about, no matter what happens there will always be plot holes in the story; the Dragon Strike pretty much makes it impossible to fill up the holes without reading the LNs. Looking forward to Railgun anime only viewers freaking the hell out when it happens in the anime. Awesome Kamachi.
Old 2014-04-30, 21:10   Link #38
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post

The way I look at it is like this: The Poltergeist Arc was great because it complimented the Level Upper Arc. The Silent Party Arc was crap because it juxtaposed the Sisters Arc for the sole reason of pleasing the SoL portion of the Railgun fanbase.

The Daihaseisai arc has too much going on in it to leave room for an anime original arc. Plus somehow they'll have to squeeze in Liberal Arts City and explain why Kuroko is in a wheelchair... Otherwise plot holes.

Now that I think about, no matter what happens there will always be plot holes in the story; the Dragon Strike pretty much makes it impossible to fill up the holes without reading the LNs. Looking forward to Railgun anime only viewers freaking the hell out when it happens in the anime. Awesome Kamachi.
To be fair, Poltergeist wasn't bad per se. However, I did dislike the flow of the arc and the ending was just plain ridiculous. Otherwise...it wasn't a bad arc. However, it was still what I considered the weakest arc in the ToAru-verse at the time...until the Silent Party Arc.

That being said, there really isn't anything to follow-up with in this arc...unless they somehow plan to do for Mitori (who I am sure will be arrested at the end of the arc) what they did for Shinobu (which I hated story-wise) and Kiyama (which was okay). Liberal Arts City combined with at least some context regarding the Remnants Arc would be absolutely necessary. Hell, even a short flashback about the Remnants Arc would be fine. Hell, this would be a great opportunity for the staff of Project Railgun to do both Railgun SS1 and Railgun SS2.

Plus, technically, it's not a plot hole unless it was never explained. It WAS explained in the other media for the franchise. So, it's not a plot hole since the content to fill those holes exist. Hell, even the Dragon Strike was not a plot hole or an ass pull (as I guarantee that all the Railgun purists will say) simply because it was foreshadowed in another medium for the franchise since the very beginning and as such, it would only be the Railgun purists fault for not looking into the other media and not the writers or JC Staff or even Nagai's fault.
Old 2014-04-30, 21:19   Link #39
GDB

Quote:
The Silent Party Arc was crap because it juxtaposed the Sisters Arc for the sole reason of pleasing the SoL portion of the Railgun fanbase.
I'd like to state I like the slice of life portion of Railgun, but hated the Silent Party. When I want to watch slice of life stuff again, I go back to season 1 and watch the episodes where the team is chilling out, interacting in ways they usually don't (like the episodes where Saten and Uiharu go to Tokiwadai). Silent Party was just bad overall.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-30, 21:20   Link #40
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:

This is assuming the Railgun only-watchers make up the entire sale base for the Railgun anime. I don't think they need to cover that.