Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-05-31, 05:18   Link #1
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru

Adaptation of a novel about Japan's most famous college marathon, by the author of Fune wo Amu. Already had a live-action. Production I.G., really solid staff. Color me hyped.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...ctober/.132255
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-20, 08:49   Link #2
LG-MAX 2.o

PV

more: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...embers/.133134
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-30, 04:12   Link #3
LG-MAX 2.o

Run with the Wind Marathon Racing Anime Listed With 23 Episodes

Quote:
NTV is listing the television anime of Shion Miura's Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru (Feel the Wind) novel with the title Run with the Wind. The broadcaster also lists the anime's 23-episode length, as well as a detailed synopsis.
by: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/dai...isodes/.136096
Old 2018-10-03, 03:41   Link #4
EroKing

So glad I picked up Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru, it was a stellar start to the show. Animation, art and the music are all amazing. Pacing was perfect and the episode was relaxing to watch. There's quite a diverse group of interesting characters as well. Looking very much forward to the rest of the show
Old 2018-10-03, 09:09   Link #5
LG-MAX 2.o

Well, anime with Toho on the production committee usually have an above average quality, Kekkai sensen, Houseki no Kuni, Boku no Hero, etc. And unlike Madhouse, Production IG still has a strong reputation.
Old 2018-10-03, 10:26   Link #6
monir
cho~ kakkoii

First episode was very good. All the intangible which makes for a good anime story came together nicely and especially the music which was excellent! I also listened to that ending several time. Just from the music alone I knew this had to be a Production IG series considering the vibe is so similar to Haikyuu.

I am excited about this series so please be a good one. Please, please be a good one. It's not often we get an anime that covers running and long distance running nonetheless.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-03, 10:57   Link #7
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was a good start. Given that this will be 23 episodes, I'm expecting each of the ten characters to get decent development. It's going to be tough to get these guys into shape for the marathon, especially Nico.
Old 2018-10-04, 06:46   Link #8
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

I didn't expect much for this series when I started watching the first episode but that was soon rectified. The first ep was really good. The mix of comedy and seriousness was well done. Certainly reminds me of Haikyuu, too, as many have already mentioned.

Looking forward to seeing how this series unfolds.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-05, 00:21   Link #9
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

The singer has the full version of ED on his Youtube account.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTH0s0iRA0g
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-09, 16:45   Link #10
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Second ep is out. Haiji is using some rather questionable methods to get the others to join him, ranging from simple lies to blackmailing. To my surprise, Nico was the first to be genuinely motivated. Given his history with running and the fact he's known Haiji for four years, it makes sense.

Cutie manager introduction next episode.
Old 2018-10-09, 17:56   Link #11
drawr

Haiji appears to be a genuine sociopath.
drawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-09, 22:41   Link #12
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by drawr View Post
Haiji appears to be a genuine sociopath.
I agree but, for some reason, I just find the second episode hilarious.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-10, 00:22   Link #13
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

With a single episode, Haiji has become the most entertaining villain of the season.
Old 2018-10-10, 08:32   Link #14
Dop
Mmmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
With a single episode, Haiji has become the most entertaining villain of the season.
I totally agree, the way he was conning them into his scheme by knowing exactly where to pressure them into taking part. That was superbly evil!
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-10, 14:37   Link #15
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Hopefully, this keeps up.
Old 2018-10-13, 17:04   Link #16
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
To my surprise, Nico was the first to be genuinely motivated. Given his history with running and the fact he's known Haiji for four years, it makes sense.
Let's hope all that chain smoking hasn't set him back too much, though I'd be surprised if it didn't.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-16, 16:40   Link #17
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

We already knew it but this ep made it obvious they're going to train like mad for the next ten months. The twins seem to be doing decently, but since we weren't given anybody's time, it's hard to tell if they're actually any good or not. Speaking of them, they're totally wrapped around Haiji's finger.

At the end, a red haired Shinji Mato appears, and he's probably as much of a dick as him.
Old 2018-10-17, 01:36   Link #18
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Wow gee, my focus on the story has totally switched to watching Haiji playing his teammates like puppets.
Racing? What racing?

That a side, really good expression there, when Kakeru got completely caught off guard by the twins' response at the end.

Last edited by shmaster; 2018-10-17 at 01:47.
Old 2018-10-17, 10:52   Link #19
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
I really feel for Akane, and laughed harder then I should have at a butterfly nonchalantly passing him up. And by the end of the episode there were two butterflies following him around. But, I'm also looking forward to seeing his growth the most as he has the most to gain.

Quote:
Wow gee, my focus on the story has totally switched to watching Haiji playing his teammates like puppets.
Racing? What racing?

That a side, really good expression there, when Kakeru got completely caught off guard by the twins' response at the end.
I could have kissed them both for saying something obvious, but that still needed to be said. If you really don't want to do this, why are you still here? And if we decided to do this, how is that any of your concern?

Last edited by Cloudedmind; 2018-10-17 at 17:54.
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-17, 12:45   Link #20
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

The pace of the Hakone Ekiden is indeed insanely fast, if everyone is running 5km in less than 14-and-a-half minutes.

We're talking about mostly amateur athletes here, and yet they're expected to perform at the level of world-class marathoners. To put it in perspective, the current men's world record for a full marathon of 42km is about 2 hours. That's 21km in about an hour, or 10.5km in 30min, or 5.25km in 15min. So, yes, we're talking about world-record marathon speeds here.

I was regularly running 2.4km in 9min 30sec by the time I was 18, and the best I've ever achieved was 2.4km in 8min 45sec — or roughly 5km in 18min 15sec — after a full year of military training. By the end of that particular run, my lungs were on fire, and every gasp for air burned.

Obviously, Prince will never be able to reach such speeds, and that'll mean it's up to stronger runners like Haiji and Kurahara to pick up the slack. It's going to be a herculean task.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
marathon, sports