AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun T - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 9 47.37%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 7 36.84%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 1 5.26%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 10.53%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2020-05-17, 11:04   Link #21
Side-streetdog

I was afraid that dragons would be bad CGI, I glad its doesn't end that way
Saten's shadow metal finally appear!
I wondered what they will do with it, as it doesn't show again anywhere after this
In the past they will make new arcs for some left over plots from first arc in first part of anime
If I remember correctly, they will do another arc from manga after this

PS. Whole episode for Mii-chan? I didn't expected that
I thought they gonna put it somewhere in this episode
So I could expected some more Misaki and after event that didn't show in manga, I guessed?
Old 2020-05-17, 18:33   Link #22
rladls2121

I guess Kuroko kicking Touma at the end is a way to say goodbye to him in Railgun, at least for now.
We won't be seeing him for a long time, again.

Touma been through worse, forcefully being dragged away by Mikoto for a dance and kicked by Kuroko to the face is just one of his smaller misfortunes.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-17, 20:00   Link #23
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
It would help if they didn't try cover ALL material at once. It's not like it would run away.
Orders from the higher ups passed down to the studio, director asked for 4 cours and gets two extra episodes instead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
Why did Touma look more impressive in one episode of a spinoff than he did in all of his own last show?
Because you only got to see one small part of his daily life.
Old 2020-05-18, 04:04   Link #24
Side-streetdog

Also as someone had noticed last scene
Congrats for that Judgement guy from Gravity Bomber case
You deserved that girl
Old 2020-05-18, 05:27   Link #25
LG-MAX 2.o

When you see that the biggest revelation about Touma powers happens in the spin off instead of the main story and judging from the events that happened in the second half of Index II and III that this revelation (dragons) doesn't impact his and Mikoto's relationship at all. quite frustrating.

Good episode anyway.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-18, 05:57   Link #26
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post
When you see that the biggest revelation about Touma powers happens in the spin off instead of the main story and judging from the events that happened in the second half of Index II and III that this revelation (dragons) doesn't impact his and Mikoto's relationship at all. quite frustrating.

Good episode anyway.
If you think this is the biggest revelation then you are definitely not following the main series. This is hype, but far from the biggest.
Old 2020-05-18, 06:40   Link #27
LG-MAX 2.o

Yeah, after that controversial "event" that split many fans a few years ago (myself included), which I usually think of as the stupidest thing a human being has ever written in human history (That's just my opinion) I moved away from the main series, now reading more for the sake of having a good laugh. But I mean what has been turned into an anime so far, this epic dragon scene should have been used in the final fight of Index III. That is my impression. That would have been a much more appropriate time.
Old 2020-05-18, 08:58   Link #28
magnuskn

Quote:
Yeah, after that controversial "event" that split many fans a few years ago (myself included), which I usually think of as the stupidest thing a human being has ever written in human history (That's just my opinion) I moved away from the main series, now reading more for the sake of having a good laugh. But I mean what has been turned into an anime so far, this epic dragon scene should have been used in the final fight of Index III. That is my impression. That would have been a much more appropriate time.
Would you mind linking to a summary, if there is one? I don't really feel like hunting through dozens of pages on the light novel thread to get an idea what you mean.
Old 2020-05-19, 10:16   Link #29
SilverGlavenus

Had Touma used a full dragon, let alone 8, Fiamma would have gone mad. The guy was sweating bullets with just a sihouette.

I wonder though, is the purple dragon the one behind Imagine Breaker's power ?
SilverGlavenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-22, 08:10   Link #30
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Late to the party but it was a great episode with the full multi-colored Dragon Strike reveal. Perhaps they can fix the colours up to match the recent 4K illustration by Kiya Shii but thank God that they didn't go full CGI.

Quote:
And in comes LG-MAX with the motherload of terrible ideas once again.

Putting aside the novels and Index III's execution, the Dragon Strike could only have worked here because the entire scene was about the spectacle of the dragon's strength and the clash with the extreme supernatural powers. WWIII's climax was about the revelation of there being a further power behind Imagine Breaker but more importantly about Kamijou's absolute rejection of that almighty power. I.e Index III was about character, Railgun T was about spectacle.
Old 2020-05-27, 18:06   Link #31
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
(....) I.e Index III was about character, Railgun T was about spectacle.
That explains these filler
https://twitter.com/gouranga_/status...20538005643265
https://twitter.com/gouranga_/status...10404722401282
Old 2020-07-27, 20:44   Link #32
HandofFate

Touma sure is busy.
He did all that stuff in Index during this festival, and just passes by and saves Mikoto again for the hell of it seemingly right afterwards.
Old 2020-07-28, 20:11   Link #33
tsunade666

Touma is busy. Touma is so busy 24/7 that with how many volumes index has, you would expect a year has passed but noooooo. Only months. Touma's schedule is always packed with stuff.
Old 2020-07-28, 21:01   Link #34
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
Late to the party but it was a great episode with the full multi-colored Dragon Strike reveal. Perhaps they can fix the colours up to match the recent 4K illustration by Kiya Shii but thank God that they didn't go full CGI.

And in comes LG-MAX with the motherload of terrible ideas once again.

Putting aside the novels and Index III's execution, the Dragon Strike could only have worked here because the entire scene was about the spectacle of the dragon's strength and the clash with the extreme supernatural powers. WWIII's climax was about the revelation of there being a further power behind Imagine Breaker but more importantly about Kamijou's absolute rejection of that almighty power. I.e Index III was about character, Railgun T was about spectacle.
That's cool and all, but that's just your opinion, nothing less. If you think it is normal for the protagonist of the main series to reveal his great mysterious power and have an unmatched badass scene in a spin-off and not in his own series I will not be arrogant and invent something to suit my narrative. But personally, in the decades that I've been watching television program and reading works, it was only here that I saw something like that.

Sorry for the delay to answer, but only now that I saw this post.