Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2021-01-09, 23:12   Link #2601
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

As expected, Amazon shutting down sedition-nest Parler. Where to now?
Old 2021-01-10, 03:06   Link #2602
Key Board
Carbon

The 8ch way
Hosted in Russia. Iran is also an option but lol.
I’m sure Russia would love all this influx of personal information they can use

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2021-01-10, 05:28   Link #2603
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Eh, I'll use this thread for this comment, since I don't think we have one dedicated specifically to Twitter... and it is related to Trump.

So as Obama's administration came to an end, but before Trump was elected, word among younger folks was that Twitter was dying out as a social media platform. Then when Trump was elected, Twitter of course once more took off. Is Twitter now stable again, or once Trump is completely out of office (obviously he's banned now), will Twitter once more start dying out?

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Old 2021-01-10, 05:33   Link #2604
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

From what I hear from some people who are on it....hopefully. Limited social media (Twitter included) is not kind to people, and probably should fail at some point. Its format from what I understand is part of the problem with its limits.
Old 2021-01-10, 06:16   Link #2605
Key Board
Carbon

I was wrong about them migrating to 8ch.
They’re going to gab, and as another poster have said, they are laying their future terrorist plans out in the open

The government knew about the Coup attempt about a month in advance and it still turned out into a hot mess. I hope they are more prepared now, but I don’t think they take this seriously enough

Americans, you should take extra caution on the 17th to 20th of this month. These people LARP with real guns

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2021-01-10, 10:41   Link #2606
kayos
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Americans, you should take extra caution on the 17th to 20th of this month. These people LARP with real guns
How many were shot on the 6th? Only one unarmed female veteran by a capitol police.
Old 2021-01-10, 12:31   Link #2607
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
And now whining about censorship. If Parler wanted to avoid recriminations, they should have financed their own servers and infrastructure. Instead they were too cheap to make the necessary investment, jumped on AWS, and are now paying the price.
Old 2021-01-10, 19:25   Link #2608
MCAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
https://twitter.com/MatthewKeysLive/...72956246732800

Nowhere apparently. Because it seems like no one likes them anymore. Also their own attorneys hate them.
Old 2021-01-11, 12:06   Link #2609
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Today we learned that Parler outsourced its authentication system leaving it vulnerable to hackers. Now there is a 70 TB file floating around with every posting, picture, etc.

https://twitter.com/BirdRespecter/st...57067351519234

The headline about WordPress is wrong. The displayed tweet shows how the system was breached.

I'd imagine AWS would hand over the entire site to the FBI were it subpoenaed.
Old 2021-01-17, 06:18   Link #2610
MCAL

https://www.vox.com/platform/amp/202...rmation-zignal

Important to note.
Closed Thread