AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-01-15, 14:48   Link #201
Edgewalker
Nani ?

Well, of course its good. The OVA was good, and this is the OVA.

Its just disappointing to us who have already seen the OVA. Most of us were hoping the retell would be re-animated with the new character designs ...instead we got what has already been taking up space on our shelves for 5 years. To us its like the air date has been pushed back 5 weeks since thats basically how long it will take to get to new content. :P
Edgewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 15:27   Link #202
E_I
Yuri fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgewalker View Post
Well, of course its good. The OVA was good, and this is the OVA.

Its just disappointing to us who have already seen the OVA. Most of us were hoping the retell would be re-animated with the new character designs ...instead we got what has already been taking up space on our shelves for 5 years. To us its like the air date has been pushed back 5 weeks since thats basically how long it will take to get to new content. :P
I guess I'll have to wait until the fifth episode before watching this.
E_I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 19:06   Link #203
brocko

So basically the first ep was just an exact re-airing of OVA footage? No re-animation or slight edits here and there?

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 23:56   Link #204
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

There's some new scenes in. It's just prob people were expecting Clannad and got Munto instead.

I always say "That's what the DVD is for." They'll prob spruce it up for the DVD release like they did for Haruhi.
Old 2009-01-15, 23:59   Link #205
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Haruhi really didn't need sprucing up, though. It did get it, mostly in the form of a few animation mistake fixes, but it really didn't require any sort of upgrades.

This, however...
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 04:31   Link #206
brocko

So did they even bother to reanimate it atleast or was it just entirely reused? =/

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 04:53   Link #207
nadare

Send a message via MSN to nadare
Artefact made a comparison between the OVA and the TV on his Blog.
nadare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 05:26   Link #208
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocko View Post
So did they even bother to reanimate it atleast or was it just entirely reused? =/
Take the first half (roughly) of first OVA. Copy/Pasta it. Move one event from start of the ep to middle. Add extremely slight alterations to dialog in 2 conversations. Add slight improvements to background elements. Add one new scene that lasted about 7 seconds or so. And voila.

So basically if you had watched the OVA, this was almost exactly the same thing. One noticeable improvement is the color scheme though - the first OVA had rather washy colors all around, and they have improved that to the level we got in the second OVA (which is nothing to complain about). But overall, if they follow the same pattern as seen in ep1, (And there is no reason to believe otherwise), you wouldn't be missing anything if you had watched the OVAs and decided to skip first 5 episodes (which is my estimate on the time it will take to cover the OVA material). On the upside of watching, it will give time to get accustomed to the new seiyuus, and one doesn't lose anything by watching it anyway, so ..
Old 2009-01-17, 21:48   Link #209
jennkei
Screenshot Fiend

Ahh, new seiyuu. I had no idea it was the same as the OVA when I watched the first ep...nonetheless, will keep watching to see how it turns out.
jennkei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-18, 02:22   Link #210
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

FYI, its subbed, so it can be moved.

i thought the animation was definitely subpar for a kyoani show. the faces were bland and details lacking. the reflections after the rain was amazing though. The music was great, especially the song that played during the first pillar fall and the ED. characters are interesting, but Munto screamed flaming homosexual the first time i saw him. I like the Army commander... hehehheh

overall though: they put off Haruhi 2 or FMP4 for this!?
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-18, 02:40   Link #211
supuhaznpbrein

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
FYI, its subbed, so it can be moved.

i thought the animation was definitely subpar for a kyoani show. the faces were bland and details lacking. the reflections after the rain was amazing though. The music was great, especially the song that played during the first pillar fall and the ED. characters are interesting, but Munto screamed flaming homosexual the first time i saw him. I like the Army commander... hehehheh

overall though: they put off Haruhi 2 or FMP4 for this!?
Well since the original OVA was done in 2003, of course the animation is lacking when compared to their more recent work. Wait 4-5 more episodes for original material, and you will see a jump in the animation quality. For now, just enjoy the recap in glorious 16:9.
supuhaznpbrein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-18, 02:46   Link #212
Edgewalker
Nani ?

I think you are confusing art quality with animation quality. Its the art in Munto thats bland and outdated, but the actual animation ( IE flow from one frame to the next ) is still very good by today's standards.
Edgewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-18, 02:54   Link #213
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
Lol.

At this rate, Obama is gonna get re-elected before Haruhi 2 actually airs.
God I hope not...

The Munto OVA was interesting. This is good news for sure. Can't wait to watch the first episode.
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-18, 04:58   Link #214
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Got my first impression for this up. I guess in some ways there was no real way of avoiding this outcome at this stage was there?
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-18, 05:41   Link #215
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgewalker View Post
I think you are confusing art quality with animation quality. Its the art in Munto thats bland and outdated, but the actual animation ( IE flow from one frame to the next ) is still very good by today's standards.
I wouldn't say it was very good by today's standards but it's better than what some people are saying but it is OVA quality after all. From what I saw of the first 20 minutes of Munto 2 (was going to watch the rest before the fansub came out... no point now..) is much better looking and those episodes based on it should be the best animated of the series.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-18, 05:54   Link #216
jennkei
Screenshot Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I wouldn't say it was very good by today's standards but it's better than what some people are saying but it is OVA quality after all. From what I saw of the first 20 minutes of Munto 2 (was going to watch the rest before the fansub came out... no point now..) is much better looking and those episodes based on it should be the best animated of the series.
I'm confused..Munto 2 in the OVA? Isn't Munto TV's ep 2 showing on the 21st, or was there an early one? ._.
Old 2009-01-18, 07:19   Link #217
FireChick

I'm downloading the first episode right now, and I'll watch the original OVA before it so I can compare the two. But I don't think I'll hate the TV series. I don't necessarily care about new voices or complete changes in...everything. I just watch my favorite shows naturally without complaint.
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-18, 08:50   Link #218
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

I seen the original OVA like two months ago, and I already forgot what the characters say.

I think the episode is an improvement to the OVA, with slightly better explanation on what's going on. They did expanded the story slightly with the seiyuus explaining more things with the same animation footage.

I thought the animation compared to today standard is still very good. Since it is made a few years ago, KyoAni probally haven't made this on very high resolution (Like AIR was made in 720, so the blu-ray wasn't 1080), the lines light slightly too thick. But in terms of details, I think it's still very good in today's standard, but this was an OVA.

Lol at the preview. 'Munto this is a train'

I agree with Kaioshin Sama, at the same time, I was bored out of my mind and found this really interesting. There's alot of interesting concepts and ideas, but it's not slotted together very well. Similar to White Album, I was bored from it, but also found it interesting, but I still prefer Munto because I haven't seen a fantasy anime in a while. I hope it improves with the episodes after the recap.
Old 2009-01-18, 10:11   Link #219
jennkei
Screenshot Fiend

Ahaha, I remember going, 'O.o' at the Munto this is a train bit. XD Hmm I found White Album more boring, but I've only seen one ep of either, hard to say really judge =)
Old 2009-01-18, 12:45   Link #220
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

so the ep i watched was made in 2003? i'm confused XD
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy