AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Psycho-Pass

Notices

Old 2012-08-23, 14:05   Link #121
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Seki Tomokazu....I definitely approve.

I am not a big fan of the character designer or it might just be I am not a fan of Reborn and in another series I'd like the designs more.
Well.. that just concept design, the anime chara designer will deliver the final product based by that concept.
Old 2012-08-23, 14:28   Link #122
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapan View Post
!!!!!!! Hype levels off the charts. That'd be one heck of a TV series directorial debut, and a well-deserved one at that. Wonder which one they'll announce first between director and scriptwriter (assuming they show a CM every week).
They'll definitely have to do a CM every week at this rate. There are only 3 weeks of noitaminA left for this season. They'll probably save the actual animation footage until the end. In other "news".... Urobuchi and Shiotani are following each other on Twitter and on Google+. Lol.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-23, 15:51   Link #123
OPN

So gen + amano + production ig + Naoyoshi Shiotani? Yep now im freaken hyped for this.
Old 2012-08-23, 17:46   Link #124
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

awww i thought it will be all 3D/CGI

lets see the next PV in August 30
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-23, 23:06   Link #125
duckroll
綺羅星★!

I just dug up more stuff thanks to a lead on 2ch. The animation character designer is probably Kyoji Asano, and the production of the show will be handled by Wit Studio.

Wit Studio is previously Production IG Studio 6. IG Port officially turned them into their own studio in April this year: http://v3.eir-parts.net/EIR/View.asp...net&sid=965563

Asano's Twitter profile confirms he is working at Wit Studio, and he also retweeted the Psycho-Pass news: https://twitter.com/asanovic7

Edit: It turns out that Shiotani and Asano have worked together multiple times in the past. Asano was the Animation Director for Chevalier ep18, Sengoku Basara ep2, and Tokyo Marble Chocolate (he was the sub character designer for that too). Those are all episodes which Shiotani directed. So it definitely makes sense that they would work together again on a new series.
Old 2012-08-24, 06:02   Link #126
Cloudy

Aug 30, the inevitable annoucement of Butch Gen as the scriptwriter!

Gen writing the script and Amano designing the characters seems like chocolate and peanut butter.
Old 2012-08-24, 11:03   Link #127
blue_sora

Oh wow the revelation about Amano as character designer makes me feel hyped a bit because that was the most unexpected thing I ever heard. The main lead looks like Hibari Kyouya to me.

Now as Amano and if Gen Urobuchi does this too, I expect there going to be some mafia elements in it. Amano really knows how to draw guys (and girls too, look at Chrome!) rocking out their suits, and Gen once wrote about mafia in Phantom of Inferno, so I can safely assume that Psycho-Pass will be decent at least. This is my most anticipated anime for Fall season.
blue_sora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 14:27   Link #128
Taynis
Wonderland's hitman

Send a message via MSN to Taynis
Character design by Amano? This is really unexpected! Now I will watch this for sure! >=D
Old 2012-08-24, 22:09   Link #129
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Amano's a really great artist (Having read KHR myself) so it'll be fun to see her designs used in an anime with a higher budget than KHR's anime.
Old 2012-08-25, 03:34   Link #130
Lenneth4

Send a message via MSN to Lenneth4
Quote:
Originally Posted by j0x View Post
most anime are like that it has good first episodes but bad last episode

and knowing Urobochi Gen this anime will have a joyful start then slowly going to have a lot of tragic deaths and ending with only few characters remaining
Like most all of the anime.
Lenneth4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 11:54   Link #131
Zip

Does anyone else think Hiroyuki Sawano is doing the music? It certainly sounds like him in the PV.
Zip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 13:59   Link #132
Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip View Post
Does anyone else think Hiroyuki Sawano is doing the music? It certainly sounds like him in the PV.
Didn't make me think of him (not loud/bombastic enough) but who knows...
Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 14:15   Link #133
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

I would like to see Gabriele Roberto (Zetman) doing the music, but the music presented in the PV seems like it's SPYAIR doing the opening.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 16:54   Link #134
Zip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horse View Post
Didn't make me think of him (not loud/bombastic enough) but who knows...
It sounds like his Ao No Exorcist music rather than Guilty Crown and Unicorn, methinks. That seemed more focused on variety and unique sounds (a la Iwasaki Taku) rather than pulling a Hans Zimmer.

Considering that Sawano hasn't done anything this year (other than Unicorn), I'd like to to think that he's working on something else. Hopefully this is it.
Zip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 16:59   Link #135
Cloudy

Wonder what are the likelihood of Dir en grey performing the ED theme.
Old 2012-08-26, 03:39   Link #136
Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip View Post
Considering that Sawano hasn't done anything this year (other than Unicorn), I'd like to to think that he's working on something else. Hopefully this is it.
There's also Ao no Exorcist movie.
Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 04:13   Link #137
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horse View Post
There's also Ao no Exorcist movie.
The music for that has probably been done for a while though. But he's also composing for the live action Sengoku Basara series running right now. I'm not sure if they're just reusing the same music he did for the anime or if he actually composed new music for it though.
Old 2012-08-27, 09:43   Link #138
purusani

Hey guys, there's this post on animenewsnetwork about Production IG cancelling a project : see here http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-to-nonpayment

I wonder if it's Psycho-Pass they are talking about
Old 2012-08-27, 10:03   Link #139
pinoscotto

Quote:
Originally Posted by purusani View Post
Hey guys, there's this post on animenewsnetwork about Production IG cancelling a project : see here http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-to-nonpayment

I wonder if it's Psycho-Pass they are talking about
impossible
pinoscotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 10:18   Link #140
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoscotto View Post
impossible
I hope it's fake since it's already stated that it will air this October with a bunch of CMs. And I heard the show will be animated by Wit Studio, a former sixth studio belonging to Production I.G.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, psychological, science fiction, thriller