AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2017-07-14, 05:36   Link #21
The One Above God
Kamijou
 
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: I'm Everywhere
I liked it a lot. That ending scene with Tendo slipping on a banana peel cracked me up .
__________________

"I'll destroy that illusion!"
The One Above God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-14, 05:55   Link #22
xeviouses
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Ophir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Didn't he say that he only likes to play games for enjoyment value, not for competition?
That's the very reason why the game club didn't click to him; CS:GO and Guilty Gear kinda requires some other person to be played properly, while all he prefers are mobile games where player interaction is optional and visual novels that are played solo.
Judging from the titles he grabbed at the store, (Ace Combat, A dating sim and a FF or Falcom) Keita prefers games that can be played solo not just mobile games in general.

Still understand his point though. Competitive play can get exhausting and toxic.
__________________
xeviouses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-14, 06:37   Link #23
The One Above God
Kamijou
 
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: I'm Everywhere
^One of the reasons I don't play MOBA or any other online games anymore. It's hard to stay "chill" while playing, and you eventually get into this toxic competitive spirit whether you like it or not and everyone you're playing with is the same and you sometimes end up being more exhausted than refreshed at the end of it all.
__________________

"I'll destroy that illusion!"
The One Above God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-14, 08:29   Link #24
DracoS
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
A lot better than I was expecting in honesty. Female lead seems like she might have some depth to her, and the MC is one of those terrible people skill nerds types a lot of us were like at 14 or so.

Lets see how it goes from here
DracoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-14, 09:13   Link #25
Ghostfriendly
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark700 View Post
Episode 1:

I'll admit, this was fun even though the characters are a bit generic with the school setting.

I felt kinda bad for Tendou since it did seem like she got rejected by Amano when asked to join the Gamer's Club. Hopefully this show will develop their relationship more. Visually, it looked alright although there are some QUALITY scenes. Seems like a fun show so far.

Oh I want to know more about that girl playing the fighting video game.
The characters are very recognisable, but their presentation and actions are very fresh. I'm curious about the girl Amano was helping on his phone, as well as any deeper reason he has for not joining the gaming club. A very intriguing first ep; even if school/sol shows are quite traditional, I'd rather see a traditional premise done well than something unusually terrible like Kado.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-14, 12:40   Link #26
rladls2121
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: California(Current).
Really, Karen it is just one guy, nooo sweat.
Why sweat over a person for refusing to join, is this really her first time to be rejected?
Ok, maybe just a little sweat because it is a main character who refused your offer to join.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-15, 00:40   Link #27
moridin84
Custom User Title
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Ireland
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by rladls2121 View Post
Really, Karen it is just one guy, nooo sweat.
Why sweat over a person for refusing to join, is this really her first time to be rejected?
Ok, maybe just a little sweat because it is a main character who refused your offer to of join.
Of course, it is her first time being rejected.

I think she is well aware of her status in school so being rejected definitely hurt her pride.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-15, 03:02   Link #28
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Age: 33
There are gamers who prefer playing games solo and alone, and gamers who prefer multiplayer. I'm 50/50 in this regard. I assume he's the former and prefers to keep to himself.

Doesn't make me want to strangle him any less though. One of the reasons I find gaming more enjoyable is specifically because I can share it with others. On that end despite all these decades of how gaming has become more mainstream than when I was a kid, I'll perhaps never understand why Japanese society still seems to put a social stigma on being a gamer.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-15, 04:26   Link #29
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah, honestly I'd say my gaming is 90% solo and 10% multiplayer. Sure I like to play some games with friends occasionally, but it's a small percentage. Though mostly since I lean more to story driven games which you aren't going to get that much from multiplayer focused titles.

I can certainly understand a lack of desire to join that club. 2 straight hours of playing in a competitive setting can be fun if you are into it, but certainly can feel grueling if it becomes an obligation to keep playing. Although seems like when it comes down to it, the issue is partly. In his shoes I'd be conflicted. Would probably just go along with it since having friends who share the same general interest is a positive.

Although I can't blame him for turning it down. He wants to play games for the fun of them a club focused on competition and training is a different kind of experience. If it was a casual gaming club where they just hung out and played I think he'd be in. Obviously he'll end up joining and it will probably go down the route of expanding his views or finding other ways to enjoy playing games.

No doubt it is a hit to her pride being turned down once. Showing in the cracks in her smile and pushing the question again the next day. And wow she just fell apart by the end there. I feel for her since it had to be shocking. But, in the end it isn't like he turned her down in an overly rude manner. Actually did a pretty solid job of expressing his reasons for rejecting the offer. She just couldn't handle it .
__________________
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-15, 04:37   Link #30
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 43
I found this oddly enjoyable, probably because I am a huge gamer and also prefer the solo titles (strategy, RPG), although I've also been playing World of Warcraft since day one it came out in Germany. Well, you can mostly play it "solo" nowadays, outside of raiding.

But, yeah, I've been playing World of Tanks for a few months, and it gets exhausting and makes you feel negative about other gamers. I get his point completely.
__________________
magnuskn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-15, 07:59   Link #31
moridin84
Custom User Title
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Ireland
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
There are gamers who prefer playing games solo and alone, and gamers who prefer multiplayer. I'm 50/50 in this regard. I assume he's the former and prefers to keep to himself.

Doesn't make me want to strangle him any less though. One of the reasons I find gaming more enjoyable is specifically because I can share it with others. On that end despite all these decades of how gaming has become more mainstream than when I was a kid, I'll perhaps never understand why Japanese society still seems to put a social stigma on being a gamer.
He is the same there. He loves to share his interest in gaming with other people. The Gamers Club is not that.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-15, 09:15   Link #32
larethian
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
There's no need to over-analyze this show, unless one did the same for Baka Test and Seizon.
Sure there is some story and character and romantic development just like the other 2 series, but it's best to enjoy and laugh your heads off the way it was meant for.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-15, 17:21   Link #33
grecefar
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Blue Notes Blues
Rejecting her twice in 2 minutes, I was in tears laughing, I hope it serve as a lesson for her, glad the mc stayed with momo-san.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-15, 21:57   Link #34
IceHism
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
There's no need to over-analyze this show, unless one did the same for Baka Test and Seizon.
Sure there is some story and character and romantic development just like the other 2 series, but it's best to enjoy and laugh your heads off the way it was meant for.
Would you say this show is like 80% comedy and 20% romance then. I thought it would be a lot more balanced between romance and comedy ;_;
Esp since heroine is pretty good.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-15, 23:12   Link #35
Tranhieu
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
But, yeah, I've been playing World of Tanks for a few months, and it gets exhausting and makes you feel negative about other gamers. I get his point completely.
I'm playing World of Warships and feel the same, especially we are in the middle of rank season now
Tranhieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-16, 05:23   Link #36
Keila
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
Would you say this show is like 80% comedy and 20% romance then. I thought it would be a lot more balanced between romance and comedy ;_;
Esp since heroine is pretty good.
The relationships (attempted, misunderstanding or lack of) are the source of the comedy, romantic or otherwise.

In general terms it is more skewed towards comedy, not necessarily at the %'s you've described (and a lot of the comedy could probably be equated with unnecessary, light hearted suffering due to romantic misunderstandings).
Keila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-19, 14:05   Link #37
chaos_animagic
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Yea, personally I am with the MC.

I play games for fun, especially PvE.

I dislike playing games for competitive or money, which is pretty much PvP.

Same deal as people that plays RP for fun, who would play RP for competitive, how do you even do that? lol.

Which is also the reason why I only play MMO that doesn't require PvP to get PvE stuff.... such as needing to do PvP to get certain gears before you can head further into PvE, this sucks.

Yes yes, I am a carebear, but that's just how I like to play my games.

___ ___ ___

Also, apparently MC's a "Game before Girl" type of guy.
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-19, 17:03   Link #38
Itlandm
Porcupine
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Norway
Age: 59
Reminds me of the words of wisdom that a friend overheard from a fellow student at university: "Chicks and beer come and go. But games... games are forever."
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-19, 18:11   Link #39
AnimeFangirl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: The dog gossips too much.
Just watched episode 1. That was a surprise when he turned down the chance to join the club. I thought he would have jumped for joy at the chance - and of course I'm sure he'll join eventually. I understand his feelings though. Being forced to play an FPS for two and a half hours on your first day would send me running for the hills too. Looking forward to the next ep!
__________________
AnimeFangirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-20, 10:57   Link #40
bakato
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2014
Did they rip a real arcade P4 game? Love is blooming everywhere.
__________________
Jcafe is up!

Last edited by bakato; 2017-07-20 at 11:12.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
gaming, harem, misunderstandings, not harem, rom com

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:59.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.