AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-28, 01:07   Link #221
Abashi

I can't find them on the internet. They almost always come from eastern and central states, especially if they are girls. The anime fan girls here keep bashing yuri and hating on it all the time.
Old 2010-10-28, 01:09   Link #222
Gin
*Artist

Thats because Californians are too classy to go around broadcasting that kind of info on the internet.
Old 2010-10-28, 01:13   Link #223
Abashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
Thats because Californians are too classy to go around broadcasting that kind of info on the internet.
Which is why i'll never have any friends here, its way to socially and politically intolerant and monolithic. I want to kill myself!
Old 2010-10-28, 01:14   Link #224
Kamonichan

This reminds me of a sketch by Eddie Izzard.
Spoiler for foul language in video:

Crazy Californians.
Old 2010-10-28, 01:17   Link #225
Abashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamonichan View Post
This reminds me of a sketch by Eddie Izzard.
Spoiler for foul language in video:

Crazy Californians.
Its the most culturally conservative state. ITS THE WORST PLACE IN THE WORLD TO HAVE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS AND TASTES!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2010-10-28, 01:25   Link #226
Abashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Yeah, this thread seems completely pointless. So why shouldn't I close it?
i'm trying to see if there are any other yuri lovers from this state besides myself (that are willing to talk about it on the internet obviously).
Old 2010-10-28, 01:26   Link #227
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abashi View Post
Its the most culturally conservative state. ITS THE WORST PLACE IN THE WORLD TO HAVE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS AND TASTES!!!!!!!!!!!
You live in a bad part of California. California is a land of tolerance and empathy, are you sure you don't live in Nevada and your real estate agent didn't lie to you?
Old 2010-10-28, 01:28   Link #228
Abashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
You live in a bad part of California. California is a land of tolerance and empathy, are you sure you don't live in Nevada and your real estate agent didn't lie to you?
I live in San Diego county, and i have tried anime clubs and i get banned, yelled at, and threatened at all of them. I have looked all over the internet for people that had my interests and opinions, and everybody is THE TOTAL OPPOSITE OF ME!!!
Old 2010-10-28, 01:30   Link #229
james0246

Quote:
i'm trying to see if there are any other yuri lovers from this state besides myself (that are willing to talk about it on the internet obviously).
Yeah...that doesn't need a dedicated thread. I'm moving these posts to the "Yaoi v. Yuri thread" (it was the only dedicated Yuri thread I could find). Feel free to ask about California's love for the Yuri there...
Old 2010-10-28, 01:32   Link #230
Abashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Yeah...that doesn't need a dedicated thread. I'm moving these posts to the "Yaoi v. Yuri thread" (it was the only dedicated Yuri thread I could find). Feel free to ask about California's love for the Yuri there...
TY <3

alright, that would probably be better
Old 2010-10-28, 01:41   Link #231
flying ^

Quote:
sounds like you're complaining about the latinos in your state... after all they are some of the most culturally conservative ethnic groups (36.6% of the state population) and blacks (6.7%)

I don't know exactly where you're from but my guess is that you live in Southern California.
Old 2010-10-28, 01:42   Link #232
Abashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying ^ View Post
sounds like you're complaining about the latinos in your state... after all they are some of the most culturally conservative ethnic groups (36.6% of the state population) and blacks (6.7%)

I don't know exactly where you're from but my guess is that you live in Southern California.
Indeed, i'm in San Diego county, located near the world's largest marine corps base.
Old 2010-10-28, 01:45   Link #233
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Have... you ever been to Los Angeles???? San Francisco???? Somewhere outside your neighborhood? No, seriously. Some of the biggest anime conventions in America are in California.

Nice to see someone remembering kashimashi and its novel version of yuri via their avatar though

Last edited by Vexx; 2010-10-28 at 01:56.
Old 2010-10-28, 01:49   Link #234
flying ^

Quote:
I live in San Diego county, and i have tried anime clubs and i get banned, yelled at, and threatened at all of them.
I guess you didn't follow their regulations

btw I must say San Diego is the best county in CA, along with Anaheim.

Los Angeles on the other hand is like 3rd world in some parts.
Old 2010-10-28, 12:04   Link #235
Abashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Have... you ever been to Los Angeles???? San Francisco???? Somewhere outside your neighborhood? No, seriously. Some of the biggest anime conventions in America are in California.

Nice to see someone remembering kashimashi and its novel version of yuri via their avatar though
They only have acceptance for yaoi not yuri. Here in California, even lesbians would rather see two guys make out than two girls! When it comes to romance and sex, California is the most male chauvinistic culture in the world. That is why the otaku culture here has absolutely ZERO acceptance for yuri/shoujo-ai anime (even lesbians get offended by it), while everyone tends to like yaoi.

In anime conventions back east, its common for two girls to make out in yuri scenes. Out west, there is a yaoi con, and its two guys making out all the time and nobody wants to see two girls touch each other, just two guys. There are no exceptions, and i'm the only person in this entire state that loves yuri!

CAN ANYBODY TAKE ME TO AN EASTERN CONVENTION?

I freaking hate the west coast!!!!!!! Its the fucking gender roles here! Everybody here is extremely closed minded about gender roles in California : for example, its considered the greatest thing in the world for two guys to slap each other (they all even universally celebrate guys slapping girls), but everybody gets offended whenever a girl slaps someone (that is why nobody here can tolerate yuri). I was beaten and threatened for my different tastes regarding gender roles, AND I AM ALL FUCKING ALONE!!!!!!! SOMEBODY GET ME OUT OF THIS CESSPOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Abashi; 2010-10-28 at 12:43.
Old 2010-10-28, 12:32   Link #236
flying ^

Quote:
I was beaten and threatened for my different tastes regarding gender roles, AND I AM ALL FUCKING ALONE!!!!!!! SOMEBODY GET ME OUT OF THIS CESSPOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
let me guess... you're still in middle school. If so you're not going anywhere. The best you can do is put up 4 more years in high school before you graduate.

and... don't be an hero ok?
Old 2010-10-28, 12:36   Link #237
Abashi

Quote:
let me guess... you're still in middle school. If so you're not going anywhere. The best you can do is put up 4 more years in high school before you graduate.

and... don't be an hero ok?
I'm a young adult, but i'm disabled so i can't drive or walk off alone for too long. I need somebody to get me out of the west coast. I plan on cutting myself and uploading the pictures to facebook.

All the college students here have the exact opposite opinions i do, and if there were any exceptions they would be on the internet. I'm the only person who likes yuri on the entire west coast!
Old 2010-10-28, 12:45   Link #238
flying ^

Quote:
All the college students here have the exact opposite opinions i do, and if there were any exceptions they would be on the internet. I'm the only person who likes yuri on the entire west coast!
yuri is just not popular in general...
most of the 18+ mangas in Borders store are yaoi
heck there's not even a yuri equivalent to "Boku no pico"

it's safe to say yuri has yet to reach the same level as yaoi

if I were you i'd just watch Strike Witches.
Old 2010-10-28, 12:47   Link #239
Abashi

Quote:
yuri is just not popular in general... heck there's not even a yuri equivalent to "Boku no pico"

yuri is just waaaayv behind in that aspect.

if I were you i'd just watch Strike Witches.
I do, and i'm the only person that likes it on the west coast. I'm the only person on the west coast that even likes Rozen Maiden, Mai Hime, and Shakugan no Shana! Any anime where a girl slaps somebody has no acceptance on the west cast, because on the west coast girls absolutely can never slap, and all guys must (NO EXCEPTIONS)!
Old 2010-10-28, 13:00   Link #240
flying ^

Quote:
but i'm disabled so i can't drive or walk off alone for too long.
that's a poor excuse!

if you have the will you'd be on the east cost already

but if you're very busy with work and you can't afford to take a vacation... then I understand...
Closed Thread

Tags
yaoi, yuri