AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-10-28, 04:19   Link #21
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

*clicks*

Ooooh, now this is interesting. And it unlocks nice trinkets for in the main game too, Bioware sure knows how to grab players attention.

Well, that sure gives me something to do when I get back home. Too bad the school servers make logging in virtually impossible.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 10:22   Link #22
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

GU Comics: http://www.gucomics.com/comic/?cdate=20091026

These days when I see medieval themes set to metal rock - my alarm bells start sounding: game takes itself too seriously(?) in a bad way. The cinematic was intriguing though.

My biggest gripe -- the whole concept of multiplay RPG (1-4 players) seems to have fallen in a dark pit. L4D or mission games like Ghost Recon still lurk about... but medieval fantasy group RPGs just seem to have gone poof.

OTOH, Oblivion was getting a little dry for me so this may be a nice replacement.
Old 2009-10-28, 10:51   Link #23
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Ah yes, Dragon Age Journeys. As a BIG Heroes of Might and Magic fan (I've got all but the first one), I really enjoyed this flash game. I mean, I usually dont replay my games, but I actually beat the game 4 times (3 times for the obligatory bonus item, 1 more time in hard mode).

Just sad that hard mode wasn't all that hard, even when I first started with it (I put it back to easy when I discovered the unlocks). Then again, the game plays like HoMM, where range is very useful despite lower damage, and blind/paralyze (or in here, stun) effects are your best friend, so I guess I had a bit of an advantage.

If it ever comes out complete on the DS, I'd get it in a heartbeat.

As for the main game itself, I probably won't start ASAP, but will probably look at the toolset and/or the guide in order to collect more info for party preparation. After all, I'm going to do Nightmare mode first time through, and every bit of advantage helps especially when I've heard this is the hardest party-based RPG in recent memory.
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 12:01   Link #24
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

pretty cool, I'd give a couple bucks for a full version. but the Real deal is almost here =\
Old 2009-10-28, 13:33   Link #25
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Well I can't blame Bioware for not putting in multiplayer when most of their multiplayer crew is most likely busy working on their major -not to mention first- MMO title.

I'll probably be sneaking around my stores for the PS3 import on the third. I mean, it's only 3 days later that the game comes out in Europe... but that's still 3 days.
Old 2009-10-28, 13:58   Link #26
james0246

How exactly is this game played: TBS? RTS? Hack and Slash?
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 14:25   Link #27
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Instead of giving a hapzard reply filled with theories, opinions and personal observations like I originally planned, I'll just let the video do the talking:

Old 2009-10-28, 16:13   Link #28
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

lol wow, the female player runs retarded
Old 2009-10-29, 11:38   Link #29
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Looks fantastic. I'm really glad they are going back to the Baldur's Gate routes, because technically, Baldur's Gate series (along with Fallout) are the best RPGs of all time. Sorry Neverwinter Night/Knights of the Old Republic fans, those two doesn't hold much weight when compared to BG and Fallout (not including Fallout 3, which was an oblivion clone).

Definately getting this game.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-29, 13:52   Link #30
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I really don't care much about the whole 'which Bioware game is best?' line. It's Bioware, and it's an RPG. That's more then enough for me to warrant a dash to the store.

Though out of curiosity, what part of the Baldur's Gate route is so much better than those other two titles?
Old 2009-10-29, 13:56   Link #31
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
I have, unfortunately, seen the male X male relationships on some screenshots so that means, there are female x female as well. Interesting...

Well, that game is just around the corner, can't wait. This game will be epic for me with good old gameplay, good characters, story to interest you and music to move you =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I really don't care much about the whole 'which Bioware game is best?' line. It's Bioware, and it's an RPG. That's more then enough for me to warrant a dash to the store.
There is the truth.
Old 2009-10-29, 14:23   Link #32
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

The lack of male X male pairings was actually one of the major complaints of the Mass Effect playing girls, second only to the 'where the hell is my FemShepXGarrus' complaint.

Personally, I think it's only fair they give us total freedom and don't go about it being hypocritical like they were in Mass Effect. Now, I won't go hunting for any of the male X male relationships myself, but if boys get some girl X girl to stare at, why not give the girls some boy X boy to squeal at?
Old 2009-10-29, 15:54   Link #33
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Exactly, why not give both sides to have fun. It's fair alright and I'm glad they did what they did now. Now if they give girls ''femaleShep x Garrus'' in Mass Effect 2 I want '' maleShep x Tali'' =)
Old 2009-10-29, 16:22   Link #34
DarkWarrior
Anaheim Electronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by acejem View Post
Looks fantastic. I'm really glad they are going back to the Baldur's Gate routes, because technically, Baldur's Gate series (along with Fallout) are the best RPGs of all time. Sorry Neverwinter Night/Knights of the Old Republic fans, those two doesn't hold much weight when compared to BG and Fallout (not including Fallout 3, which was an oblivion clone).

Definately getting this game.
I have to agree, Neverwinter Nights was a huge disappointment for me. It certainly wasn't a bad game, but it just wasn't on the same level as Baldur's Gate. I guess the hype killed it for me. And Bioware's games since then (KOTOR, Jade Empire, Mass Effect) were all good, but not extraordinary.

That being said, I'm cautiously optimistic about Dragon Age.
DarkWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-29, 20:55   Link #35
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
The lack of male X male pairings was actually one of the major complaints of the Mass Effect playing girls, second only to the 'where the hell is my FemShepXGarrus' complaint.

Personally, I think it's only fair they give us total freedom and don't go about it being hypocritical like they were in Mass Effect. Now, I won't go hunting for any of the male X male relationships myself, but if boys get some girl X girl to stare at, why not give the girls some boy X boy to squeal at?
lol they would squeel at Male Shep x Guarras XD

I really wanted Tali i dont care if u cant see her face, shes got a cute personality.

and I too Hate the lack of Male x Male (only because its fair) and the female x female seemed too only for the male players. not caring about the lesbian players.

the new chars so far (the weird assassian dude and the Psyco chick) I like them both Prob gonna be my Main party.
Old 2009-10-30, 06:16   Link #36
Jaden

Well it looks like they've improved the aurora engine a good bit, that or the videos aren't yet out where characters run circles and teleport around each other. The game looks good, like Mass Effect. Not just the level of detail, but the action looks fairly smooth considering there are turn based d&d style algorithms underneath it.
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-30, 06:47   Link #37
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Turn based algorithms actually improve on the fluidity of the action. If it's hack and slash, there is the danger of wild waving of the swords in air and a lack of choreography because the differing inputs don't react to one another.
Old 2009-10-31, 07:54   Link #38
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

I watched some videos .
It becomes tiring to do "pause" mostly every fights specially if you have 6+ characters .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-31, 08:14   Link #39
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
I watched some videos .
It becomes tiring to do "pause" mostly every fights specially if you have 6+ characters .
Parties in Dragon Age can only go up to 4 (including the player character) and the pause is completely optional.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-31, 10:02   Link #40
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
lol wow, the female player runs retarded
Watch Seiken no Blacksmith, and imagine that Cecily wears a titanium plate with ceramic inserts, with gelatin padding.

Well not another KOTOR style gameplay! Honestly I was hoping for something like Risen's gameplay with a NWN storyline.

From what I know, there are 3 standard classes : Warrior, Rogue and Mage, like D1. Then it splits into subclasses, much like NWN. However, the ranger skills are pretty retarded, with only bonus summoning skills. They should have added bow skills too rather than being able to summon a tank.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bioware, ps3, rpg, windows, xbox360