AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2009-11-15, 01:56   Link #781
heartsoulofra

re: How to make your own animated GIFs

That's a good tutorial but I think there are easier steps in making GIF especially for beginners. I suggest you try web based gif animation tools like gifup or wegif. It's a lot easier.
heartsoulofra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 10:11   Link #782
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Doesn't look like they can make stuff that will meet the rules here, just take some images and stick them together.
Old 2009-12-16, 04:29   Link #783
~Fancy Tea~

Hello everyone I'm knew here so this may be a silly question to ask but I cant seem to upload an image gif as my desplay picture on here~ and its quite frustrating....I've uploaded it onto imageshack and it still doesnt work as a gif here...if someone is able to help me that would be wonderful..thanks~
~Fancy Tea~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-16, 22:16   Link #784
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Fancy Tea~ View Post
Hello everyone I'm knew here so this may be a silly question to ask but I cant seem to upload an image gif as my desplay picture on here~ and its quite frustrating....I've uploaded it onto imageshack and it still doesnt work as a gif here...if someone is able to help me that would be wonderful..thanks~
We need more details like what you mean by a "display picture." Are you talking about the graphics that people put below their postings? Those are called "signature" graphics here. To upload one, go to your "User CP," pick "Edit Signature," and follow the instructions. Like avatars, signatures must meet certain size limits.

If you want to incorporate a graphic on a remote server into your posting, you use the [IMG] tag like this:

[IMG]http://forums.animesuki.com/picture.php?albumid=115&pictureid=27079[/IMG]

which looks like this:

Alternatively you can pick the little sunrise-over-mountain icon in the message composer's toolbar.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-18, 06:31   Link #785
~Fancy Tea~

I'm talking about the picture you put under your name like yours it has the bird in the eye well thats a gif and my doesnt work even though its also a gif thats supost to move too...~
Old 2009-12-18, 08:18   Link #786
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
I'm talking about the picture you put under your name like yours it has the bird in the eye well thats a gif and my doesnt work even though its also a gif thats supost to move too...~
The answer to your question is contained in this whole thread. People have presented a variety of methods to capture sequences from an anime and create an animated gif. You'll need to tell us what you tried to do, and what software you used to do it, before we can really help.

There's a good tutorial in the very first posting of this thread, and you might want to read the suggestions referenced in this handy thread from Cats: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=26533

The short answer to your question is that your current avatar has only one layer, so it can't be animated. Either you squashed all the frames together by accident, or you didn't start with a sequence of frames to begin with.
Old 2009-12-20, 03:54   Link #787
~Fancy Tea~

I think you mis-understand my image is already a gif that was already created when I saved it but when I go to put it as my display picture as you have it doesn't move like it should just stays as one frame =_=; I have windows 7 so it automatically opens the gif up in internet explorer but when I open it up in an image viewer it doesnt move which is what I've noticed and dont like with both windows 7 and vista~
Old 2009-12-20, 11:34   Link #788
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I understand what you're asking, but since your avatar has only one frame, it cannot display motion. If you started originally with a multi-layered image but saved it as a single layer, then you need to review how to use your software to save animated gifs and preserve the animation. If you didn't start with multiple layers, then you'll never have motion. Again without some idea about what you're specifically trying to do, and the software you're using to create the gif, we can't give you any more help.
Old 2009-12-20, 16:22   Link #789
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
I think you mis-understand my image is already a gif that was already created when I saved it but when I go to put it as my display picture as you have it doesn't move like it should just stays as one frame =_=; I have windows 7 so it automatically opens the gif up in internet explorer but when I open it up in an image viewer it doesnt move which is what I've noticed and dont like with both windows 7 and vista~
Try posting it directly in your next post, just like how Seiji did a few posts above.

If it shows up normally then it may be an issue of file size.
Old 2009-12-20, 19:18   Link #790
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

You opened it with Photoshop CS3? It will show as one frame unless you follow a certain procedure.
Old 2009-12-20, 22:30   Link #791
~Fancy Tea~

I never used a software to get it, it was from this site already gif'd and moving~ http://safebooru.donmai.us/post/show...id_headdress-r but I'm not sure how to make my windows 7 open gifs up wthout using the internet automatically, because naturally gif's dont move when you open them up in windows photo viewer~
Old 2009-12-20, 23:39   Link #792
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

That thing is HUGE!

I tried to uploaded directly and ended up with the same avatar as you.

Please check the forum limits regarding avatars (100 by 100 pixels - 50.0 KB) and find/make or request one that fits withing said limits.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2009-12-21 at 00:15.
Daniel E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-21, 03:18   Link #793
~Fancy Tea~

well it did fit~ so I just assumed it was going to work but apparently not :3
Old 2010-01-19, 11:06   Link #794
Likaro

Perhaps that is precisely the wrong time to say this, but I want to thank you all for this good explanation views, i will try it in my free time^^ maybe I can animate gifs, too ^ ^
Likaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-17, 00:38   Link #795
greedyisgood
easy mode

how to create animated gif and signature

Hi I would like to try creating my own avatar and signature because it seems very interesting and I want to explore my knowledge other than programming. So as a beginner could you recommend me a good software to use and sites for tutorials. Thanks
Old 2010-04-17, 03:09   Link #796
Chimuts
Call me Anego!~

Location: In a room as blue as the sky, as cool as the autumn wind and as quiet as the desert
Send a message via MSN to Chimuts
Here are the guides by Green²

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p=253144
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p=141344

Good Luck! :3
Old 2010-04-17, 11:44   Link #797
JRendell
Manga Addict

There are a number of programs that you can utilize to create you own avatars and signatures, some of which boil down to personal preference or experience.

The two programs of which you will most likely hear about the most are;

- The GIMP
- Adobe Photoshop

The GIMP is a freely distributed piece of software whereas Adobe Photoshop is not. Therefore, not being able to link to torrents on this forum, I can only guide you to the GIMP's download page. Although you can download the free Adobe Photoshop CS5 trial here.

There are a number of great tutorials here on AnimeSuki that you may want to check out first, as they offer some great start-up tips as well as some medium level tutorials. Check these out here. Other areas you can find some tutorials are on deviantArt by searching for tutorials, or simply on google by searching the same way.

As for what program you should use, I'd say whatever you find easiest to use. If you do manage to get hold of both GIMP and Photoshop, try out tutorials for both.

Hope this helps

JR~
JRendell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-17, 21:44   Link #798
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I would strongly recommend that you start out using GIMP. Because of the way the GIMP is licensed, it will never become non-free, so you'll be able to use it essentially forever and never pay a dime. If you were going to try and become a professional graphics designer, you'd need to learn the Adobe tools, but there's really nothing in Photoshop you need to create the kinds of avatars and signatures you see here. I've never used anything but the GIMP, and I never will.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2010-04-18 at 09:53.
Old 2010-04-18, 06:37   Link #799
Kudryavka

Also, if you want to make animated gifs from movie files, you'll need to capture the desired images from your shows. I prefer to use VirtualDubMod for this; in it, it lets you set a start and stop time for frame capture, and from there you can export the image sequence in BMP, TARGA, or PNG format.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-24, 12:27   Link #800
Chimuts
Call me Anego!~

Location: In a room as blue as the sky, as cool as the autumn wind and as quiet as the desert
Send a message via MSN to Chimuts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
Also, if you want to make animated gifs from movie files, you'll need to capture the desired images from your shows. I prefer to use VirtualDubMod for this; in it, it lets you set a start and stop time for frame capture, and from there you can export the image sequence in BMP, TARGA, or PNG format.
or you could also do it by quickly playing and pausing then capture by using print screen (like I did) :3

Tags
animated gifs, graphics