AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

View Poll Results: Guilty Crown - Episode 21 Rating
Perfect 10 18 24.66%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 15.07%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 34.25%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 12.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 4.11%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 4.11%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 2.74%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.37%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.37%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-17, 05:20   Link #61
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Assuming that Inori gets back her body in the form of Mana, is Shu procreating with her still considered incest?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-03-17, 10:12   Link #62
tsunade666

wow this episode will be marked on my head that has tons of death flag in every darn scene for Shu. This is my first time to see an episode filled with death flag for the MC even the songs tells you that e will die though I already know he will die while saving the world but the scenes just spells it out for you.
Old 2012-03-17, 10:47   Link #63
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Like I said two paragraphs before, I don't think Guilty Crown is a bad watch....but seeing it, and thinking what could have been, it's impossible for me not to feel a bit saddened.
That is the biggest drawback for me. There was a lot more potential here. I'm not sure if a four cour would have been better or if it was just the staff but if some factor was different, we could have had a much better series. And seeing how entertaining this was as is, it's boggling to think what it could have been.

It's like what if ufotable had done Fate/stay night instead of Deen.
Old 2012-03-17, 11:48   Link #64
Soji

tsunade666@ I hope no._. He really dont deserve that .and honestly dont make much sense to me kill him like that.I really hope he gain a happy ending with inori.
Old 2012-03-17, 20:31   Link #65
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
I know you're pretty fond of this anime, but I'll note that in the past you've criticized other titles for these issues despite those problems not being nearly as prevalent as they are here.
Well, a few things that I should say here:

1. In action-packed sci-fi shows I tend to not be very picky over "defying the rules of physics", and a fair bit of the criticism I've seen wrote about Guilty Crown is of this sort. For me, this is a much smaller issue than, say, horrifically botched characterization. So there's certain types of "ass pulls" that bother me more than other types. For example, "Void convenience" is something I'm much more willing to roll with than a character doing a sudden 180 in their personality without much justification given for it.

2. Characterization-wise, I honestly never had a big problem with Shu or most of the main cast. Well, I do concede that some of the characters left much to be desired in the first half, but most of these issues have been resolved in the 2nd half, imo. While I can understand some viewers thinking "that's not good enough", it worked reasonably well for me in this show.

3. Guilty Crown is a show that's been actively hated on, particularly on a lot of the anime blogs I frequent, and much moreso than any anime show that I've been more critical of than this one. So I think that GC's flaws are already getting loads of attention, so why should I spend a lot of time just repeating other people? If anything, I think that Guilty Crown's real standout strengths have been drowned out in the criticisms of some viewers, and I just think that's a crying shame. The reason why is...

4. Anime is a visual medium, and also one in which audio is important. While how well an anime is written is important, it's not the only thing that's important. If an anime looks and sounds better than 95% or more of all the other anime out there (and that's honestly how I feel about Guilty Crown), then I think that's something that deserves a lot of credit. And this isn't something I'm being generous just with Guilty Crown over. I also showed Hanasaku Iroha a lot of slack for much the same reason. If an anime truly looks and/or sounds great to me then that makes it a lot easier for me to forgive somewhat sloppy writing. Maybe that's wrong of me, but that is honestly the effect that extremely good-looking/good-sounding anime tends to have on me. Some (if not all) of the shows that I was more critical of than I was of Guilty Crown were ones that didn't have GC-caliber visuals/audio, so they didn't earn that slack from me the same way GC did.

Quote:
All things considered, Guilty Crown isn't terrible. It has great production values and interesting concepts. However what Guilty Crown lacks is strong and consistent direction. It flounders at several key character progression points. It tries to combine too many elements into one story.
I can respect this viewpoint. If I'm reading you right, I think that you see Guilty Crown much the same way that I saw Angel Beats!

In other words, as a show that was so incredibly ambitious in throwing together a veritable potpourri of popular anime elements that it just wasn't able to execute them all well in the time allotted, leaving some sense of dissatisfaction.

But I personally have less of an issue with a two cour show trying to pull this off than I do with an one cour show attempting it. I think GC had enough time to achieve its ambitious aims, so I wouldn't want it to be less ambitious. I think that the overall balance probably could have been better (maybe one less episode of high-school hijinks and one more episode of carefully handling the post-Hare/pre-Gai's return stretch).

Quote:
You have the mech genre stuff. You have the school setting. The "Japan is a warzone" setting. The sci-fi elements with the virus and clones.
More often than not, I liked these.

Quote:
The generic evil organization that can't control mad scientists and generals yet somehow manages to "almost" win anyway.
By "mad scientists", I assume you mean Keido and Segai? Because if so, I felt that both of them did a good job of hiding their "mad" sides from their superiors.

Quote:
The idol singer. The "cool guy who isn't the hero but should be". The cat-girl ears, the EVA plug suits. The Rei clone. The "average hero who isn't actually average, but spends most of the story being worthless".
I admit that some of these tropes are overplayed, but I nonetheless liked the spin that GC put on them.

Inori may have been a Rei clone personality-wise, but her appearance was so drastically different from most Rei-types that it caused her to feel a bit different to me. Her being an idol singer is another way in which she was different from most Rei-types, so if nothing else, this anime made an unusual combination of commonly used anime tropes.

I get that the Shu character type is tiresome to you, and it usually is for me too. I usually don't like the "starts a bit wimpy/whiny, very gradually improves, and then becomes genuinely cool, effective, and/or badass just in time for the final arc or two". But for whatever reason, Shu didn't bother me as much as most other examples of his character type do.

Perhaps it's because I felt that Guilty Crown was mostly about sheer spectacle in the first half, with characterization being more important in the 2nd half.

Quote:
This story would have worked better, imo, if it had toned down the scale and gotten rid of the mech stuff.
I have to bluntly disagree with you here. The grand scale of the GC narrative made it much more interesting, engaging, and simply fun to me. I love epic action-drama, and GC provided that in flying colors, imo. I would not want to change anything about it in this regard.

And the mechs helped to give us some nice action scenes. Honestly, I really don't see why the mechs would be an issue at all. I mean, we're not even talking anything all that fancy here. It's not like perfectly humanoid Gundams walking around. The mechs of GC are more basic than that, and hence easier to square within a setting that's not in the far distant future.

Quote:
The virus angle works well, and I think the story is done a disservice by all of the stuff that clutters up the plot: the empire, the rebels, the ridiculous people turn into/sheath weapons stuff, etc.
But all of this supposed "clutter" is what enables the great action-drama of this show. If you took all that away, what would you use for action scenes? I wouldn't want Guilty Crown to be some sort of straightforward sci-fi horror, the end.

So I guess I just completely disagree with you here. Truthfully, I've never been a big fan of sci-fi/horror (or horror in general, really). I much prefer a good, epic action-drama like Guilty Crown.

Quote:
Of course, it would be a very different story, I suppose...
Yes, it would have been. One that I almost certainly would have found a lot less fun, and a lot less interesting.
Old 2012-03-17, 22:33   Link #66
Jarmel

Yea Gai is one of the most forced antagonists I've ever seen. They really had to twist his character in order to make it work and I think it would have been better served to just have made Daath(sp?) the main antagonist rather than bringing back a dead character for the shock value.

I did love his line"You just missed her" lol like she went out for coffee. It was the right amount of mocking that I laughed out loud.
Old 2012-03-17, 22:47   Link #67
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
4. Anime is a visual medium, and also one in which audio is important. While how well an anime is written is important, it's not the only thing that's important. If an anime looks and sounds better than 95% or more of all the other anime out there (and that's honestly how I feel about Guilty Crown), then I think that's something that deserves a lot of credit. And this isn't something I'm being generous just with Guilty Crown over. I also showed Hanasaku Iroha a lot of slack for much the same reason. If an anime truly looks and/or sounds great to me then that makes it a lot easier for me to forgive somewhat sloppy writing. Maybe that's wrong of me, but that is honestly the effect that extremely good-looking/good-sounding anime tends to have on me. Some (if not all) of the shows that I was more critical of than I was of Guilty Crown were ones that didn't have GC-caliber visuals/audio, so they didn't earn that slack from me the same way GC did.
As a rebuttal to this particular point of yours (I know it's just you personally, but I've seen a lot of people use the animation as a defense, and I just want to get this off my chest), let me go into detail about an anime cliche I personally despise: Narration and inner thoughts. Because oh my god, this anime uses that cliche a lot.

Spoiler for Why I hate narration and inner thoughts:

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck

Last edited by Flawfinder; 2012-03-17 at 23:43.
Old 2012-03-18, 00:21   Link #68
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Actually thought the action scene was one of the 3 best in the series. I gave up a while ago on thinking this would end intelligently. It's like someone got some Busou Renkin in my Code Geass. (Not that the former wasn't entertaining for what it was, but still....heavily color by numbers)
Old 2012-03-18, 07:28   Link #69
Arya

Reading about Rei-clone, after reading it I kept on thinking who could be Rei in GC until Triple_R pointed it out Really I never thought once of Inori as a Rei clone.

Anyways, in regard of what Solace has said, I have no problems with all the stuffs they put in GC. The settings where ok to me, the ingredients are fine. Mecha, school set, war zone, etc. I'd say they have to be all that if you want to aim to something epic. It wouldn't be so engaging in the first place, if not.
But I agree that it has direction's problems. The first problem is that it seems they forced the first cour to reach the 11th episode instead of follow its natural development, whatever it were. Forcing this into the pace of the show caused many other *key points* being rushed or stretched.
Another thing that didn't work was hiding all the plot to the finals episodes. It was unnecessary, it is not Puella Magica, they didn't have a real big twist to reveal. Better was to dilute it along the series, it would have given more depth to the opponents and to the whole thing.

All in all I liked a lot. I tend to agree with Triple_R and his argumentation. But I have a soft spot for this kind of anime so I overlook the flaws that surely GC has.
But, really, I'm not a flawless freak.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2012-03-18, 09:39   Link #70
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
1. In action-packed sci-fi shows I tend to not be very picky over "defying the rules of physics", and a fair bit of the criticism I've seen wrote about Guilty Crown is of this sort. For me, this is a much smaller issue than, say, horrifically botched characterization. So there's certain types of "ass pulls" that bother me more than other types. For example, "Void convenience" is something I'm much more willing to roll with than a character doing a sudden 180 in their personality without much justification given for it.
Agreed about not being picky over physics when compared to characterization. However I do expect rules established in the setting to be followed. Any change to the rules should make sense in the context of that setting.

Quote:
2. Characterization-wise, I honestly never had a big problem with Shu or most of the main cast. Well, I do concede that some of the characters left much to be desired in the first half, but most of these issues have been resolved in the 2nd half, imo. While I can understand some viewers thinking "that's not good enough", it worked reasonably well for me in this show.
Fair enough. We happen to disagree on this, but that's fine.

Quote:
3. Guilty Crown is a show that's been actively hated on, particularly on a lot of the anime blogs I frequent, and much moreso than any anime show that I've been more critical of than this one. So I think that GC's flaws are already getting loads of attention, so why should I spend a lot of time just repeating other people? If anything, I think that Guilty Crown's real standout strengths have been drowned out in the criticisms of some viewers, and I just think that's a crying shame. The reason why is...
I think it is hated on because it was over hyped. Just look at some of the silly hate other popular shows generate (regardless of deserving it or not). "I don't like it because it's popular" tends to be heard more than laid out criticism that tries to avoid being flamebait.

Quote:
Eye candy is great, and GC looks great. I don't think I've ever criticized the AV quality of the show. However I am expressing my disappointment that those values aren't reflected in the directing, writing, editing, etc. I have plenty of great titles I can fire up for eye/ear candy, but the list shrinks considerably when it comes to also having an excellent story to go with it.

Quote:
I can respect this viewpoint. If I'm reading you right, I think that you see Guilty Crown much the same way that I saw Angel Beats!

In other words, as a show that was so incredibly ambitious in throwing together a veritable potpourri of popular anime elements that it just wasn't able to execute them all well in the time allotted, leaving some sense of dissatisfaction.
Yup, exactly. And I liked Angel Beats. It certainly deserved all the harsh criticism it got, even though it had powerful scenes. I think the two that stick out most in my mind at the moment is "My Song", and the flashback in the subway. However the story itself was a mess, hindered by a massive cast and too many unanswered questions in the end.
Quote:
But I personally have less of an issue with a two cour show trying to pull this off than I do with an one cour show attempting it. I think GC had enough time to achieve its ambitious aims, so I wouldn't want it to be less ambitious. I think that the overall balance probably could have been better (maybe one less episode of high-school hijinks and one more episode of carefully handling the post-Hare/pre-Gai's return stretch).
I have more of an issue when a two cour show tries to pull this off. 20-ish episodes should be more than enough to tell a story. That's not to let one cours off the hook, of course, but if you've been given the room to breath with that big cast and expansive setting, it should still be important to use every episode to its full potential, just like you'd expect of a one cour. Even if the episode can be considered "throw away" compared to the main plot, it should flesh out the characters and/or the setting, breadcrumb into the main plot, and assist in cleaning up loose end questions so the final episodes aren't crammed with a rushed exposition.

Quote:
More often than not, I liked these.
It's ok to like the ingredients and not the soup.

Quote:
By "mad scientists", I assume you mean Keido and Segai? Because if so, I felt that both of them did a good job of hiding their "mad" sides from their superiors.
Right, but why does this trope need to be here? Couldn't they just be as "mad" as the organization itself? Why must scientists in sci-fi stories always have some kind of hidden agenda (good or bad)? Is it a bad thing to have scientists who aren't trying to be more evil than the evil organization? I don't mind the "conflicted scientist who bit off more than they could chew", but the "scientist who used the organization for his own more sinister end" is overplayed, imo. Especially when the whole thing feels like a plot device meant to add fuel to the "big bad" fire.

For example, in GC. They created the virus, turned a child into a monster, and after witnessing the carnage of that stupid decision, decided to clone her and try to bring her back....to destroy/evolve humanity? Ignoring all the theatrics (like the marriage ceremony), one has to wonder why they thought it was a good idea to infect a child with a dangerous virus and then not keep her under quarantine or at least constant surveillance, and then after witnessing what happened when it went out of control....decided to do it again, but on a bigger scale.

Note to evil organizations: screen the mental health of your scientists and keep them under watch at all times. Preferably with a gun to their head in case they decide to betray you.

Quote:
I admit that some of these tropes are overplayed, but I nonetheless liked the spin that GC put on them.
Fair enough. I happen to feel otherwise.

Quote:
Inori may have been a Rei clone personality-wise, but her appearance was so drastically different from most Rei-types that it caused her to feel a bit different to me. Her being an idol singer is another way in which she was different from most Rei-types, so if nothing else, this anime made an unusual combination of commonly used anime tropes.
I think the difference for me is that Rei is an empty vessel emotionally, but Inori is an empty vessel literally. Inori's entire existence has been to be the body that Mana returns in. They even go so far as to literally wipe her memories just for the blank slate. Tragic, sure, but I think I would have felt it more if Inori had developed more personality. The scene itself, sad and well crafted. I still felt no welling up of tears though.

Quote:
I get that the Shu character type is tiresome to you, and it usually is for me too. I usually don't like the "starts a bit wimpy/whiny, very gradually improves, and then becomes genuinely cool, effective, and/or badass just in time for the final arc or two". But for whatever reason, Shu didn't bother me as much as most other examples of his character type do.
Shu isn't bad, but man his life is terrible. Some of it he brought on himself, but sheesh....it's like the story exists just to make this guy miserable. The character type itself is tiresome, but mainly because it is overdone. Shu may not be as bad compared to others, but it still doesn't make me like him much.

Quote:
Perhaps it's because I felt that Guilty Crown was mostly about sheer spectacle in the first half, with characterization being more important in the 2nd half.
I would have preferred it the other way.

Quote:
I have to bluntly disagree with you here. The grand scale of the GC narrative made it much more interesting, engaging, and simply fun to me. I love epic action-drama, and GC provided that in flying colors, imo. I would not want to change anything about it in this regard.
It's over the top to me. Scale doesn't need to mean that every action scene was directed by Michael Bay. Sometimes I feel like the scale in GC is just there to provide something for the overpowered voids to destroy. Again, just a difference of opinion. I would have preferred something that felt more dystopian police state than all out military assault.

Quote:
And the mechs helped to give us some nice action scenes. Honestly, I really don't see why the mechs would be an issue at all. I mean, we're not even talking anything all that fancy here. It's not like perfectly humanoid Gundams walking around. The mechs of GC are more basic than that, and hence easier to square within a setting that's not in the far distant future.
I just don't like them. They don't feel right to me, in this story. It's personal taste, that's all.

Quote:
But all of this supposed "clutter" is what enables the great action-drama of this show. If you took all that away, what would you use for action scenes? I wouldn't want Guilty Crown to be some sort of straightforward sci-fi horror, the end.

So I guess I just completely disagree with you here. Truthfully, I've never been a big fan of sci-fi/horror (or horror in general, really). I much prefer a good, epic action-drama like Guilty Crown.
I never said remove. I said it is clutter. Using the soup reference, GC is more like stew than soup. It has a lot of ingredients, they work to create a dish, but it is easy to pick out the pieces you don't like and eat the rest. I would have preferred more focus on the Voids and the virus, and less focus on all of the military hardware. I know this is different for others, and that's fine.

In regards to the horror element, I meant it more in that Mana would feel more like a threat if they had played up her creepy side. You get a few scenes (the flashback, Inori at the school, Mana's first return), but otherwise it feels more like Mana is just a weapon than the creepy little girl that caused Lost Christmas. For such an integral character, there is not much character development.

Quote:
Yes, it would have been. One that I almost certainly would have found a lot less fun, and a lot less interesting.
Straight up sci-fi horror? I have no doubt you'd probably find it less fun/interesting. But sci-fi horror with large scale action? I think it could work.
Old 2012-03-18, 11:58   Link #71
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Looking good there Mana,

The Daath's insanity is so stupid it badgers belief....Despair against what? Natural selection? The virus was already cured by Shoe's father anyway....
Old 2012-03-18, 12:01   Link #72
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

For a penultimate episode, ep 21 really achieve little to the extent I wonder if they are seriously thinking in finishing it with a single episode.

Really, it has been stated several times before, but GC lacks a lot in the story development and consistency, despite its detailed presentation. Introducing shady organization so lately was already a mistake, but still encompassing such organization with only -1- character and nameless grunts don't cut it at all, especially if they don't even bother explaining the rest. And behold, the said character is no more. Fantastic way to write off the said organization /sarcasm.

What baffles me more however is the fact they really pushed their luck into trying to make Gai "sympathetic" or at least "complex", while his obvious regrets towards Inori and Shu are arguably forced and contradicting with his ruthless demeanor ever since his "rebirth" (which was still no explained).
Facade? Hardly credible after all things considered, and this episode nearly dispel the possibility of brainwashing, despite his role apposed on him was awkward and sudden (why was he chosen to be a king anyway? Oh right, more Da'ath shenanigan still left in the dark). Overall, painting Gai as a "tragic" character hardly worked: in fact, it turns him into a very inconsistent light and leads to question to his "wish", that really didn't seem to match his past, nor his memories with Mana and Shu.

I could also mention the irritating tropes such as "dungeon leading to mid boss room", religious references abuse, Daryl being... "daryl" I guess, etc.

Really, GC suffers way too much from the fact that the scripters focused only on the "shell", presenting an eye candy series with an erratic obsession for "cool factor".
Old 2012-03-18, 12:23   Link #73
dark998

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Looking good there Mana,

The Daath's insanity is so stupid it badgers belief....Despair against what? Natural selection? The virus was already cured by Shoe's father anyway....
Obviously he was talking about Inori's transformation into Mana.
Old 2012-03-18, 15:06   Link #74
justsomeguy

Episode 21:
* So Ayase gets a cool new Endlave (reminiscent of Armored Core 4 designs). But the one in the OP is still the Steiner, which was wrecked before OP2 was even introduced. She asks Shu for a hand too, but obviously she just wanted a hug.
* "Gespenst." No. That thing does not deserve the same name as the awesome SRW mech.
* Is Shu's scooter hovering? I don't recall that sort of technology being in the show before.
* So Daath represents the will of humanity and seeks to destroy humanity for the sake of "natural selection," if I understand correctly. WTF?
* The battle between Shuu and Yuu was too fast, too little. When Yuu first appeared in 12 he was a dangerous foe, but here he just spouts some silly motives and did not have the fighting skill of Shuu despite preparing a bunch of people to pull Voids from in advance.

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
Old 2012-03-18, 18:30   Link #75
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Really, GC suffers way too much from the fact that the scripters focused only on the "shell", presenting an eye candy series with an erratic obsession for "cool factor".
Sometimes I question even the "cool factor" of this show. Out of all the badass ways Shu could have travelled, he chose a scooter?
Old 2012-03-18, 20:02   Link #76
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark998 View Post
Obviously he was talking about Inori's transformation into Mana.
Doesn't change a thing since a cure/vaccine to the virus has been created. Mana herself may be a threat but the greater mechanism of the virus will be made useless on the whole if the cure gets mass distributed

If I understand it right, in the thousands of years they have existed, the Daath have been facing and aiding such drastic destruction and regeneration of humanity. This time round there is a way to stop that process however...
Old 2012-03-18, 23:42   Link #77
dark998

^ His comment was towards Shu failing his objective rather than the virus itself or Da'ath goal. Yuu held him back till Mana was ready to come out of the crystal and retreated once the process was done. Mana's song has a instantaneous effect so the vaccine won't able to save anyone.

Embrace despair = you already lost Inori, the one you gave everything for (Of course, that's what Yuu wants to believe)
Old 2012-03-19, 04:35   Link #78
TruthsWraith
Reader

I would like to note for any one interested that Da'ath otherwise known as Daath, da'at or Daas means it is a jewish phrase meaning "Knowledge". In Kabbalah lore it basicly you could say means the location of the ten sephirot in the tree of life. Or you could say its all ten shining togeather hiding nothing therefor revealing divine light and the truth of reality. So where most likely not learning jack about da'ath just because his bloody name may as well be "transcendance" or "Esoteric Knowledge".

Also this episodes better then most of guilty crown which really isn't saying anything. The main things that got me on this one was Shoe and his Flying scooter which had me playing the jetsons song in my head. The apple scene. How Daath's crew just stands around being crystallized instead of at least pulling some pistals or something out and firing thats at least a distraction which is much more then standing around cheer or do something don't just stand staring that makes them look like stormtrooper class mooks. That all the worlds governments where tricked into thinking that they somehow i'm guessing though magic stuck 256 exact orbital lazor cannons in space and of the hundreds of world nations many of which has geniuses in there departments doesn't think "hey they could be..I don't know tricking us?" and they couldn't figure it out. Also I thought it amusing that Tsugumi just hacked the main villains by playing dance dance revolution.

I do have to complement the visuals though and the soundtrack is fairly top notch. I may not be one for big visuals and the likes enjoying good plots far more but even I have to agree the visuals are nice. The fight with daath was a fairly good fight scene as things go in anime at least and when they use the soundtrack right its good. So to me objectively this episode was alright personaly however because I rate about ninety nine percent of my rating on plot alone this entire shows not worth the time watching to me so far. Although I do admit I can see why others would feel differently about it.
Old 2012-03-19, 07:30   Link #79
Allium
Keep on keeping on

Hmm, OK, where do I start.

- Shu and his Shu-coo-ter. Seriously? Daath materializing an apple made me snort as well.
- That Ayase scene...Shu x Ayase all over the place!
- Are they trying to make us pity Gai or something? Seeing Inori in the process of losing her memories was quite sad though...
- Nice outfit, Mana.

I actually enjoyed the fight scenes, e.g. the skirmish between Daath and Shu. But did Daath die or just simply choose to disappear? Overall, Daath's presence didn't add anything much to the show either, other than representing the organization pulling the strings, so even if he dies, I don't really care.

With the next episode being GC's last, ep 21 felt a bit anti-climactic to me. Nevertheless, judging from the preview, looks like there'll be some heavy showdown going on, featuring Mana and her Dance Of Death...
Old 2012-03-19, 09:20   Link #80
Sixth
Hu Tao

I don't want GC to finish. I don't think there is any anime in this year that actually as good/entertaining as GC.
Closed Thread