AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-05-04, 18:12   Link #681
Angelic Cross
Soul-eating Librarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Daichi should get Mara (if his available because I'm not sure. I haven't used him on the game)
Nope. But he can have Arioch instead (to those not familiar with Arioch but do know about Mara, Arioch is the, ahem, "girl" to Mara's "boy").
Angelic Cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 05:48   Link #682
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

That.... never occurred to me... >_>
Dengar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-06, 11:06   Link #683
4Tran

Episode 5

This is a big improvement over the last few episodes. Showing new characters and have them interacting is pretty cool, but what really helps is a shift in tone and mood. Constant doom and gloom does not serve this show very well as the light-hearted scenes are key to a lot of the characterization. How would Jongo and Airi's characters even work without a decent amount of humor? Yamato is presented as a bit of a dry character, but I guess that's going to be how he's made up unless and until he gets some scenes that poke at his facade. The mysterious white-haired person seems to be going in an interesting direction.

All in all, this show seems to be creating its own path separate from the game. This is potentially a good idea as the game's events may not serve what the creators are trying to accomplish. I do hope that they manage to maintain a good grasp of the tone though as it's possibly the most inconsistent part of the show so far.
Old 2013-05-09, 12:49   Link #684
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-09, 14:20   Link #685
kuromitsu

Spoiler for ep 6:

Also, this was a cautionary tale about installing apps from unknown sources. XD;;
Spoiler for ep 6:
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-09, 14:26   Link #686
ookamigirl

Episode 6

Spoiler for plot:

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-09, 14:39   Link #687
Gundamx

Spoiler for ep 6:
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-09, 15:14   Link #688
duckroll
綺羅星★!

OMG this week was demon fanservice overload! That was soooooo enjoyable. Lol.

Most useful thing Daichi has done in this entire series so far: shake Hibiki so hard his stupid bunny hood falls back down so I don't have to keep rolling my eyes at every scene.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-09, 15:17   Link #689
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
OMG this week was demon fanservice overload! That was soooooo enjoyable. Lol.

Most useful thing Daichi has done in this entire series so far: shake Hibiki so hard his stupid bunny hood falls back down so I don't have to keep rolling my eyes at every scene.
Even to his point I have no idea why they give him bunny hood... at least he never wear it over his head on the game

(you can act cool while wearing freaking bunny head )

edit: can't remember but in game Ronaldo team didn't just let them enter without fight right?

+
I like how Hibiki said he will not let Yamato hurt them yet they are the one who try to hurt him first...
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-09, 15:42   Link #690
maplehurry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
Even to his point I have no idea why they give him bunny hood... at least he never wear it over his head on the game

Actually he did in one of the route at the end.
maplehurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-09, 15:54   Link #691
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

He wears it in one or two of the CG's.

Anyway, straightforward episodes.

Concerning Cerberus, the manes and lion-like appearance is a bit deceiving, but regardless of that he always seemed like a canine to me.
Old 2013-05-09, 16:47   Link #692
ChampDream
Alive

the neko demons were awesome
I star to like Airi now
so what could be Hibiki reaction to Yamato reason to come and defeat that septentrione?
Old 2013-05-09, 16:57   Link #693
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The action was pretty enjoyable this week. Kitty demons are indeed awesome. Looks like Yamato is tsundere. He came here just to save Hibiki but he didn't want him to know, awwww.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
So true
Old 2013-05-09, 17:04   Link #694
Blizzard
KIRABOSHI☆!!!

Did Hibiki hear the part where Makoto said Yamato could've died trying to reach there? I mean if he's this shocked at his reasons then he'd probably straight out faint at that
Blizzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-09, 17:55   Link #695
Kirarakim

Those cat demons would be mine. One reminded me of puss in boots.

I knew the ending twist before they said it. Of course Yamato came to save Hibiki. They gave it away last week when they called him his friend.

Although Daichi hasn't had a fighting moment he had a nice support your friend moment.

And hey the bunny hood is adorable (but yeah I crack up every time I see it too)
Old 2013-05-09, 19:45   Link #696
Angelic Cross
Soul-eating Librarian

Bwahaha, as expected, Ronaldo continues to be a terrible leader. Well, at the very least there's a lot of demon fanservice. Also, Hibiki, take a lesson from Io and Otome in this episode. Stick Holy Dance and Drain on your demons, moron.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
But I wonder why Cerberos is a feline, it's supposed to be a dog... oh well.
The lion-dog style Cerberus has been the traditional portrayal ever since the original Digital Devil Story: Megami Tensei novels. We get a few variations once in a while, but it's SMT tradition to use that appearance.
Old 2013-05-09, 19:51   Link #697
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Those cat demons would be mine. One reminded me of puss in boots.
It would not surprise me if Cait Sith's appearance was inspired like that.

I should've figured both of them would use cat-themed demons.
Old 2013-05-09, 19:56   Link #698
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Although Daichi hasn't had a fighting moment he had a nice support your friend moment.
I can't help but find Daichi likeable. So what if his demons suck and he can't fight, he'll still be there for his friend no matter what. Hibiki, Daichi and Io make an adorable trio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelic Cross View Post
The lion-dog style Cerberus has been the traditional portrayal ever since the original Digital Devil Story: Megami Tensei novels. We get a few variations once in a while, but it's SMT tradition to use that appearance.
Why don't they just go with Chimera, then? I mean the charm point of Cerberos is that he's a dog with three heads, and here we have a lion with one head.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-09, 20:10   Link #699
Angelic Cross
Soul-eating Librarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
I Why don't they just go with Chimera, then? I mean the charm point of Cerberos is that he's a dog with three heads, and here we have a lion with one head.
It's Megami Tensei. This is the franchise that made the Zoroastrian god of order into one of Lucifer's Chaos lackeys, and then in another game made that same god into the same being as a completely unrelated female Palestinian goddess. It's better to describe Atlus' take on various religions and mythologies as "very loosely based on..." (and at times that's being generous). It's why I tend to get annoyed when people say that MegaTen games are completely accurate in their portrayals of various mythologies and religions.

Also, with regards to the number of heads Cerberus has, it's not actually canonical that he has three, since there is no Greek or Roman canon. For example, in Hesiod's Theogony, Cerberus is described as having fifty heads, and other sources can go from one to one-hundred heads. So the triple-headed portrayal isn't any more correct than the single-headed one. Or the portrayal where Kero-chan has a mane of snakes.
Old 2013-05-09, 20:17   Link #700
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

The septewhatever got killed too fast.. Yamato too strong ww

Can't really say it because I only watched live-stream, but I wonder if Hibiki and the other will be able to use the demons like Yamato (where he seems like strengthening his demons with his hand)

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
atlus, devil_survivor, index, persona