AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2010-12-23, 22:16   Link #81
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post

First promotional art.
That... is... awesome! I am surprised they have Saber in the front. She isn't exactly the star of all of this, from my understanding things are spread evenly among many characters, but I guess they are going for a recognizable face and all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
Problem is that the end product will be very rushed, just like the UBW movie was. And Zero is a very big prologue.
It won't be rushed if they make it long enough, even if it's a series of several movies or OVAs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
Kara no Kyoukai had a poorly structured mess of a story. One of the most over-rated anime in recent history.
Strange, because I didn't find it a mess at all and found it structured rather well. It even adhered to the original novel's non linear story telling.
Old 2010-12-23, 22:36   Link #82
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Quote:
Kara no Kyoukai had a poorly structured mess of a story. One of the most over-rated anime in recent history.
This is completely valid as far as your opinion go, after all, we are all entitled to our own. I'm sure Nasu's way of writing and his stories aren't the sort of thing just anyone can enjoy, and the fact Rakkyo made an effort to follow the original structure of the books makes this even 'worse' for people like you. Still, I must assure you that if you disliked Kara no Kyoukai's story, it definitely wasn't the animation staff who was at fault. As an adaptation, it's a very well done one, and the people working on it deserve nothing but praise for being able to convey the books so well.

That said, I'm not sure how relevant to the actual conversation that post is, but all it tells me is 'I dislike Nasu's way of writing and his stories'. Which while fine, is hardly adding anything of relevance to the topic of Fate/Zero.
Old 2010-12-23, 22:51   Link #83
Wigwams

anyone can identify the masters at the back? my guess are...
Spoiler for left to right:
Old 2010-12-23, 23:54   Link #84
Archer

Website updated:

http://www.fate-zero.jp/
Archer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-24, 00:06   Link #85
Wigwams

wow. looks like the voice actors are set. anyone familiar names?
Old 2010-12-24, 01:12   Link #86
LostHanyou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wigwams View Post
anyone can identify the masters at the back? my guess are...
Spoiler for left to right:
Yeah, that looks about right.

For voice actors:
Spoiler for can never be too cautious about spoilers, I guess.:
LostHanyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-24, 04:40   Link #87
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
The Broken Blade movies are premiering pretty close to each other as well. We will ahve to wait and see (and hope).
The first two films were close together in release, though that's not happening anymore. It's the standard long wait you'd expect for the rest of the films.

& i'm cool with those VA choices. Just wish we had composer information.
Old 2010-12-24, 07:31   Link #88
Kagekyuubi

Is it safe to assume that they're sticking with Kiritsugu's seiyuu from FSN and UBW? It's just going to be plain awesome if he uses the same voice he used for Souda Emonzaemon from Katanagatari when he's in business mode.
Kagekyuubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-24, 08:21   Link #89
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagekyuubi View Post
Is it safe to assume that they're sticking with Kiritsugu's seiyuu from FSN and UBW? It's just going to be plain awesome if he uses the same voice he used for Souda Emonzaemon from Katanagatari when he's in business mode.
They're keeping the same seiyuu that were in the Drama CD, so yeah, it'll be Koyama again.
Old 2010-12-24, 09:29   Link #90
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I'm glad they are keeping the same VAs as well, but I expected as much. I'd be very surprised if they decided change them since they fit so well, especially Kotomine.
Old 2010-12-24, 14:54   Link #91
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
Well if you feel that way here's some good news, Fate/Zero was written by another writer, Gen Urobuchi.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-24, 15:59   Link #92
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
It's good they keep the VA. Ayako has been inactive from anime nowadays I thought she quit.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-25, 13:03   Link #93
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
It's good they keep the VA. Ayako has been inactive from anime nowadays I thought she quit.
She was Alice in Pandora Hearts and A-tan in Hayate, both of which weren't too long ago. She was also Saikyo in Ladies vs Butlers, Leina in Queen's Blade, and Miyuri in Seikon no Qwaser. Seems she's also in Index II, though I'm not sure how important her character is. Plus there was the Unlimited Blade Works movie earlier this year.

So really, she's done quite a bit of work in the last two years. She's just not in every series that comes out.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-25, 13:25   Link #94
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
She was Alice in Pandora Hearts and A-tan in Hayate, both of which weren't too long ago. She was also Saikyo in Ladies vs Butlers, Leina in Queen's Blade, and Miyuri in Seikon no Qwaser. Seems she's also in Index II, though I'm not sure how important her character is. Plus there was the Unlimited Blade Works movie earlier this year.

So really, she's done quite a bit of work in the last two years. She's just not in every series that comes out.
In Index, she played Archbishop Laura Stuart. This might give you a clue on how important her character is.
Old 2010-12-25, 13:55   Link #95
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post

Saikyo is Serina, OK ?
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-26, 09:14   Link #96
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

http://sai-zen-sen.jp/sa/fate-zero/works/

Wow, they are releasing novel on-line for free.

But hell, kanji is annoying. I'm going to read my Korean translated copy.... u.u~~
Old 2010-12-26, 12:51   Link #97
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

For free? I really, really, really, really need to learn Japanese, huh?

And, so awesome:
Old 2010-12-26, 15:08   Link #98
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
If this is anywhere near to the quality of Kara no Kyoukai, it'll be great.

Do I have to read or watch Fate/Stay Night to understand and appreciate this? I know Deen's F/SN adaptation was underwhelming, and I way too little patience with the VN medium to read much.
just my opinion but i think you should eithe rplay the game or watch the anime first. Reason is because the feel for FSN and Fzero are very different. FSN gives you the classic underdog (at least for the Saber route) but Fzero is very different as all the character pretty much at full power and in their prime.
Old 2010-12-26, 15:18   Link #99
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Knowing ufotable, they'll likely cut out much of the actual explanation so not having watched the anime or played the game will make things hard to understand.

Though if you enjoyed Kara no Kyoukai without knowing anything about Type Moon (like me) then it probably won't matter.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 19:24   Link #100
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I think we all can agree that you don't need any prior knowledge of F/sn to enjoy this, however the knowledge will let you appreciate it so much more.

Tags
fate/stay night, nasu, ufotable, urobuchi gen, visual novel adaptation