AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-01-24, 22:03   Link #481
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
I think Haruna's becoming cuter as the episodes go. I didn't think much of her at first, but she's a pretty nice pattenko.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-24, 22:04   Link #482
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
It doesn't have to be that very sword. The only thing we are certain about is the serial killer uses swords, and she was hiding a sword under the bed. If she practices the sword, would she so easily fall victim to the killer? And from what I gather, we were never shown a case where there was a survivor.
That's true as well, since she was not being accused or anything, merely playing the role of a "victim" of a serial killer who seemed to have killed everyone except her.

Quote:
I think Haruna's becoming cuter as the episodes go. I didn't think much of her at first, but she's a pretty nice pattenko.
Especially during the strange hallucinations
Old 2011-01-24, 22:06   Link #483
D-Gold
Aurum

Spoiler for ep3:
Old 2011-01-24, 23:14   Link #484
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep3:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-24, 23:58   Link #485
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I can't escape the feeling this is a tragedy posing as a comedy, though it's still just a feeling at this point. The violence is just a little gorier than it needs to be, the humor is just a little meaner, and there's a moment or two in every episode that's so much darker than the rest of it that it's a little bit shocking. And I can feel a kind of gloomy, morose depression lurking slightly under the surface all the time, just busting out at odd moments...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-25, 01:17   Link #486
larethian

I wasn't hoping this is a tragedy, but I do hope for more depth. The comedy is good though. Saw the entire set of 6 volumes at Kinokuniya yesterday, was almost tempted to grab them, but then, no time to read.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-25, 02:15   Link #487
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Twintail loli is suspicious. Our Yuu-chan is the culprit? Oh really now.
Loli? With that chest and in comparison to Haruna?

And how come people are calling her twintails, not by her name?

This episode did nothing for me except all scenes involving Sera.

Still waiting for my mystery girl.....could be a long while.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-25, 02:18   Link #488
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep3:
Old 2011-01-25, 02:18   Link #489
Bordix

They went out for bowling and never considered buying more pudding?

Good episode. I actually enjoyed this one more so than the last one. The jokes felt flat at times though
Old 2011-01-25, 04:33   Link #490
Karna
just some guy

So where could we discuss spoilers for this series? I can't seem to find a novel thread. Is it alright to talk about spoilers in here if the spoilers are tagged?
Karna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-25, 04:43   Link #491
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

That girl in the hospital is definitely suspicious. My random theory is that the actual killer is some sort of spirit that Yuu is pursuing and it possessed that girl and killed her parents. Now it is trying to get close to him and casts doubts because he realizes that Yuu brought him back (the killer did kill him after all), and wants to turn him against her.
Old 2011-01-25, 04:46   Link #492
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Greed~ View Post
So where could we discuss spoilers for this series? I can't seem to find a novel thread. Is it alright to talk about spoilers in here if the spoilers are tagged?
I'd keep it on the safe side and automatically assume no. AS is extremely anal about a lot of things, and spoilers are definitely one of them.

Anyway, I kinda agree with what Enzo said. I know it's a comedy, but I can't help but feel they're trying to actually put something deep/serious in there somewhere (for who knows what reason). I doubt it, but the 2nd episode brought up some concerning information that seemed a little darker than the initial tone the show gave off. I have yet to see the 3rd episode, tho. Will comment on it later on today.
Old 2011-01-25, 06:11   Link #493
Mizuno
Undefined

Someone in an earlier post did mention the author wanted a dark feel for the novel but was "corrected" by the editor or something.

Going off the tangent here, Sera only called Ayumu a piece of shit once in this episode. When she's alone with the other girls, she addresses him by his name.
Old 2011-01-25, 06:11   Link #494
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisk View Post
Hmm, what can I say about this episode?

..Sera is extremely hot...
I still can't get over how gorgeous she looked during the twister game
Haruna was also quite sexy herself. Oversized shirts are an underused fanservice device in anime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I can't escape the feeling this is a tragedy posing as a comedy, though it's still just a feeling at this point. The violence is just a little gorier than it needs to be, the humor is just a little meaner, and there's a moment or two in every episode that's so much darker than the rest of it that it's a little bit shocking. And I can feel a kind of gloomy, morose depression lurking slightly under the surface all the time, just busting out at odd moments...
I strongly doubt this is a tragedy, but I agree this show probably has a few dramatic moments in store for us. There is some kind of duality in this series, which was also present in the PV. I don't think it's "posing as a comedy", both the comedy and dramatic aspects are an equally integral part of the whole package.
Old 2011-01-25, 06:14   Link #495
Mizuno
Undefined

I think the PMMM shock still has an effect on some people. I don't think we'll see that kind of tragedy in this series. Well... at least I hope not.
Old 2011-01-25, 06:22   Link #496
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

about the sunlight and zombie. sunlight definitely affect more on ayumu and make him weak compare to other human. but not like he will die instantly when he hit by sunlight. it just matter of annoyance. he technically will "survive" if you leaves him dry on the sun (he is zombie after all) he just dont like it

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-25, 07:12   Link #497
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

This really does remind me of Angel Beats. Not only does it feature humourous deaths, but the comedy to drama transition is a little jarring. Unlike Angel Beats however, I'm still not sure whether I'm supposed to take the drama bits seriously.

I'm still enjoying it though.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-25, 07:16   Link #498
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

Haruna Vs. PUDDI! That made me LOL.
In case someone doesn't know about this meme, here's where it started.
Old 2011-01-25, 07:54   Link #499
Sparvid
*hic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
I also picked up this clue with the "Them". If Kyoko only saw one specific person, then she would either clarify it as a male or female at first if she did truly see the culprit. But the problem is that it's a "serial killer" no info about "serial killers" of course that's from the people who don't know if there are more then one person going around. But seeing how Ayumu died only clearly showed one person that is skilled with a katana/sword.
I was wondering if this was some kind of difficult-to-translate pronoun problem.
Did she use a plural form in Japanese?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Haruna was also quite sexy herself. Oversized shirts are an underused fanservice device in anime.
But why did she start wearing pants...
Old 2011-01-25, 08:11   Link #500
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I'm truly surprised, when i first heard about this series, I thought the whole serial killer thing was going to be a plot line that they may once in a while whisper softly about it while the main focus would be on comedy (not alot of romance going on as well), but as it turns out this murder business is taken as a rather serious main plot huh...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, light novel adaptation, romance, shounen