AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

View Poll Results: Kami nomi/TWGOK - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 24 38.10%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 19.05%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 19.05%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 7.94%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 14.29%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.59%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-24, 20:43   Link #21
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Elsie was just freaking awesome this episode, and I loved her reading the recipe going "Oh, humans use that too?" and then pulling out something that looks nothing like the actually ingredient that, and her roasting the microwave , I seriously rofl'd when she did that. A very entertaining episode gets a 10 from me . The method of showing the different characters like that was well done.
MAL
Old 2010-11-24, 20:56   Link #22
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Haruhi reference FTW...
Old 2010-11-24, 21:22   Link #23
Qikz

Enjoyable episode, not as good as the others, but made amazing by that stupid teacher.

Keima's mother though... HNNNG.
Old 2010-11-24, 21:23   Link #24
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
The material used for this weeks episode was modified a bit, and i can easily say i'm all for this. I mean oh my god Mrs. Katsuragi service. Not only seeing the shower scene three times, though seeing her around the house with just a towel, with a little sneaky foot shot. Oh my, oh my. I couldn't ask for anymore. Oh, and that end card was the perfect topping.

& another insert song. Didn't see that one coming!

I guess this is where all the manga fans start saying animating this chapter was pointless, and the adaptation should just focus on the conquests instead?
Huh? Manga readers have looking forward to the "Elsie Is So Sweet" chapters for quite a while. It's one of the reasons people howled so loudly when it got skipped in favor of the Sora chapter.

As for the episode I enjoyed all the additions, especially the extra perspectives. I admit I didn't enjoy the insert song as much- but that is entirely because we just came off the Kanon arc and I'm all burnt out on songs. As a stand alone it's quite cute, especially the strawberry growing scene. (I can't help but think this episode would have been better switched with the Sora episode- that way the insert song would have been a new thing- and then led into the Kanon arc instead of following it).

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Old 2010-11-24, 21:26   Link #25
zato_1one

Talking about end card, is the artist Toshihide Sano? The illustration is very similar to his work in hentai game from G.J? company.
Old 2010-11-24, 22:27   Link #26
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

So apparently episode 8's ratings were 0.1%. The problem is, I can't tell if that's good or bad because it's a late night anime. Can someone with better Japanese skills tell me if Yunakiti are being sarcastic when they compare it to Denyuuden and if this is bad or not?

http://yunakiti.blog79.fc2.com/

Last edited by Suzuku; 2010-11-24 at 22:50.
Old 2010-11-24, 22:39   Link #27
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
So apparently episode's 8 ratings were 0.1%. The problem is, I can't tell if that's good or bad because it's a late night anime. Can someone with better Japanese skills tell me if Yunakiti are being sarcastic when they compare it to Denyuuden and if this is bad or not?

http://yunakiti.blog79.fc2.com/
Well according to this thread, it's a bit lower ratings than normal for it or late night anime, as other weeks the series has has .6~9% ussually.
MAL
Old 2010-11-24, 23:54   Link #28
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Well according to this thread, it's a bit lower ratings than normal for it or late night anime, as other weeks the series has has .6~9% ussually.
Yea....0.1 is actually pretty sad. In general the anime is actually not doing that well. The pre-orders for Blu-rays for the series is pretty low.
Old 2010-11-25, 00:20   Link #29
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Okusan!!! Sukida!!!

Hooly shit.....
Old 2010-11-25, 00:24   Link #30
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

PUMP OUT MORE OF THE HOT MOM

obviously

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2010-11-25, 00:33   Link #32
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Makes one wonder why the Dad would leave a wife this hot behind.
Old 2010-11-25, 02:15   Link #34
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Mm... Not exactly an interesting episode.
LC was cute... And that's about it. The format of the episode was "special", I guess, but maybe a bit uninspired?

The mother looked like Bamboo Blade's Sayori when she has her hair down.

I remember several episodes back, Keita was drawn with a fairly trained body... Guess that was a mistake...

End card this time...
Heh~ So this is one of the so-called top unlucky artists in the eroge world.
Never seen or played any games involving this artist. Quite nice, but the leg kind of feels weird.

And yeah, 0.1%...
In a different way, that's pretty amazing. Wonder if the previous arc took its toll or something...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2010-11-25, 03:14   Link #35
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Wakaki (actual mangaka of TWGOK) wrote script for this ep.

Of course it is fantastic.
Old 2010-11-25, 03:27   Link #36
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

Another one here blown away by Elsie. I simply adore her. As many girls as Keima has and may continue to conquer, no one yet has won me over like Elsie. Really can't wait for...
Old 2010-11-25, 03:57   Link #37
paladinenvec

Wow, Keima's mother it's so hot xP i would not mind to be Keima's father, anyway this episode was fun , Elsie's day was hilarious the best part was when she was roasting the microwave lol.
Its's strange that the Anime does not have better rating, since the conversion has been handled well and the manga it's very popular.
Old 2010-11-25, 05:46   Link #38
zato_1one

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
End card this time...
Heh~ So this is one of the so-called top unlucky artists in the eroge world.
Never seen or played any games involving this artist. Quite nice, but the leg kind of feels weird.
Why is he unlucky?
Old 2010-11-25, 08:53   Link #39
mtarzaim

Nice handling of a slice-of-life chapter.
Strange they decided to delete the lick scene, in favor of hot-mom service...
The impact of "I hate sweet things" got lowered in this adaptation.
Plus, no development between the two siblings (as little as it is in the manga version).

At least, we get a little more inside Keima's head, and how he's different from what people think he is.

Old 2010-11-25, 09:00   Link #40
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by paladinenvec View Post
Its's strange that the Anime does not have better rating, since the conversion has been handled well and the manga it's very popular.
That's the point, and it is a late night anime. It's like re-reading respective manga chapters and there's just no thrill in that for many. Of course the anime is not only accurate but it also makes the series lively, but that's as far as the adaption goes. Furthermore the discussion value is shorter because manga readers have probably already gone through them when they read the corresponding chapters.
Maybe it would have been more popular / noticed if the source material was a Light Novel (in general, not the actual LN). Though then the adaption would be bashed.

As for the actual episode, some just don't think much of the slice-of-life thing no matter how the adaption went here, be it anime-only watcher or manga reader.
I personally just enjoy it for what it is and it's doing a good job so far imo. I don't watch anime, it lets me watch it.