AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-09-29, 21:58   Link #5641
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
But... that's not true. Mikoto does a lot of stuff when she's not with Touma. This arc and the Sisters arc kind of prove that to us.

We can't assume that Mikoto doesn't do stuff with her friends that's outside of what is described in the Light Novels. I'm personally hoping railgun continues to lead into that stuff. This is because, in the end, Kuroko, Saten, and Uiharu basically are an essential part of Team Railgun... even if it's the manga...

Personally, I believe Mikoto will let her friends decide whether they want to go with her or not. She's actually starting to face the problems she had before, given that Mikoto has sisters around the city and that it isn't really that easy to keep on not seeing them from here on out (the 4 that are left) I'm guessing that she will not make them oblivious to the darkness...
I don't think that has anything to do with whether her friends are involved or not though. I wasn't disagreeing she does a lot, I'm wondering if they'll know about certain things she certainly does not want to tell them about.
Old 2013-09-29, 22:01   Link #5642
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
I don't think that has anything to do with whether her friends are involved or not though. I wasn't disagreeing she does a lot, I'm wondering if they'll know about certain things she certainly does not want to tell them about.
The thing is... I'm wondering if eventually she'll feel guilty about keeping them in the dark about it... I'm also wondering if part of the reason she gets so depressed... during NT is... that her friends perhaps find out and get very angry at her in addition to the other thing in LN volume 22...
Old 2013-09-29, 22:02   Link #5643
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
The thing is... I'm wondering if eventually she'll feel guilty about keeping them in the dark about it... I'm also wondering if part of the reason she gets so depressed... during NT is... that her friends perhaps find out and get very angry at her in addition to the other thing in LN volume 22...
Source, pls Only time I remember her being depressed about in NT was
Spoiler:
Old 2013-09-29, 22:05   Link #5644
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Source, pls Only time I remember her being depressed about in NT was
Spoiler:
Yeah... But didn't some time pass between Volume 22 and that point in NT 1... how much time did pass by the way...? I was never sure about this?

Also, that was the point I was referring to...

BTW out of curiosity... do we ever know for sure that it wasn't one of her clones, because it was never said that, that was Misaka Mikoto?
Old 2013-09-29, 22:16   Link #5645
Shinhwa
Banned

Quote:
Yeah... But didn't some time pass between Volume 22 and that point in NT 1... how much time did pass by the way...? I was never sure about this?

BTW out of curiosity... do we ever know for sure that it wasn't one of her clones, because it was never said that, that was Misaka Mikoto?
Only like 3 days from what I remember. From Vol. 22 => NT1.
Old 2013-09-29, 22:17   Link #5646
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:

I think it would've pointed it out with mentioning the girl had some sort of goggles on, no?

Yeah, but how would that imply she's depressed about that? The context probably was in relation to that event.
Old 2013-09-29, 22:27   Link #5647
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
I think it would've pointed it out with mentioning the girl had some sort of goggles on, no?

Yeah, but how would that imply she's depressed about that? The context probably was in relation to that event.
No I'm saying both things could have happened at once and because Railgun is a side-story it just might not have made a difference or not if we hadn't heard about it or not.

I'm also curious about repercussions that happen with Mikoto and co. during Russia arc because of what she was willing to do to
Spoiler:

Also, IMO
Spoiler for Index III:

And Shinwa: thanks
Old 2013-09-29, 22:29   Link #5648
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Oh yeah, those are some pretty big moments so I'm sure (hoping) he'll have that tie in/bring it up in upcoming arcs after Daihaiseisai.
Old 2013-09-29, 23:32   Link #5649
Shinhwa
Banned

I can see Mikoto having more original stories in future arcs because from Sept 25 to Sept 30, she has space for her own story as she won't really have any role during that time and also the fact even during the Academy City Invasion arc, she doesn't do much except the Punishment game, then fight for Touma and give Index some info while they go rescue Kazakiri.

Even during October, she doesn't do much, so that gives space for her to have her own story again, although I think she may have some role during the Battle Royal Arc because of Uiharu.

So until World War III, she has a lot of space for her story. The question is what will happen after NT story begins, as she begins to become an active character starting from NT.

Unless Kamachi is thinking something about To Aru Kagaku no Railgun New Testament series LOL
Old 2013-09-30, 00:00   Link #5650
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

I'm of the assumption Railgun will end when it reaches near NT.
Old 2013-09-30, 00:03   Link #5651
Shinhwa
Banned

Quote:
I'm of the assumption Railgun will end when it reaches near NT.
That's going to be sad D:

But from the current pace of both Index/Railgun going, it's going to be pretty far away from Railgun to end for sure XD
Old 2013-09-30, 00:08   Link #5652
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinhwa View Post
That's going to be sad D:

But from the current pace of both Index/Railgun going, it's going to be pretty far away from Railgun to end for sure XD
oh yeah, definitely. While he may have skipped to Daihaiseisai, there's a bunch of places in Index series for Mikoto (and Touma) adventures.
Old 2013-09-30, 00:15   Link #5653
Shinhwa
Banned

Quote:
oh yeah, definitely. While he may have skipped to Daihaiseisai, there's a bunch of places in Index series for Mikoto (and Touma) adventures.
Actually for some arcs, I would say Touma can't come out due to him being overseas at that time.
Old 2013-09-30, 00:20   Link #5654
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Actually for some arcs, I would say Touma can't come out due to him being overseas at that time.
I view a 3rd and 4th appearance as plenty. I feel it's kind of rare of him to show up. So the opportunity is still there!
Old 2013-09-30, 00:30   Link #5655
Shinhwa
Banned

Quote:
I view a 3rd and 4th appearance as plenty. I feel it's kind of rare of him to show up. So the opportunity is still there!
As much as I love Touma x Mikoto, I think the fans will find Touma saving her again a bit too much as this is supposed to be Mikoto's series and not another Touma story. Although he is her romantic interest and he is pretty much the only male protagonist for the story, just like Level Upper arc, I think another Mikoto-side only stories should be made that doesn't have influence from Touma or such.

Accelerator isn't welcome though D:<
Old 2013-09-30, 00:32   Link #5656
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

I certainly did not mean him saving her again! Author is better than that to know not to repeat the same thing. That's why he added Gunha to shake things up. Fighting alongside would be nice. He is also briefly around for random SOL/Comedy. I feel he's going to include the Acqua scene from her perspective for a little bit (it's short,) too since it is kind of important to her.
Old 2013-09-30, 00:35   Link #5657
Shinhwa
Banned

Quote:
I certainly did not mean him saving her again! Author is better than that to know not to repeat the same thing. That's why he added Gunha to shake things up. Fighting alongside would be nice.
Actually, deep in my heart, I actually really wanted Touma to save Mikoto to save her alone again just for the Touma x Mikoto thing to happen (Prince Touma saving Princess Mikoto and Misaki!). Of course at the end, Gunha may just leave after the end of the battle where Touma and Mikoto become alone at the area XP
Old 2013-09-30, 00:36   Link #5658
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

...Isn't the bonfire dance good enough =_= ?

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2013-09-30 at 00:52. Reason: typo
Old 2013-09-30, 00:42   Link #5659
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Actually, deep in my heart, I actually really wanted Touma to save Mikoto to save her alone again just for the Touma x Mikoto thing to happen (Prince Touma saving Princess Mikoto and Misaki!). Of course at the end, Gunha may just leave after the end of the battle where Touma and Mikoto become alone at the area XP
Gunha just wants to inject guts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
...Isn't the bornfire dance good enough =_= ?
Old 2013-09-30, 00:53   Link #5660
Shinhwa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
...Isn't the bonfire dance good enough =_= ?
What I mean is we need a good scene and development that leads to the bonefire dance XD

I mean surely something is going to happen after the battle, then it would lead to the bonefire dance (Too bad Kuroko will ruin it *RAGE*)
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, shounen