AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-07-25, 02:51   Link #1641
henwy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
He could stand to do a bit less, for that matter. Almost getting vanned was quite careless of him.

Poor Houin will only find happiness at probability of a quadrillion to one.
Ya, tell me about it. There should be flashing red lights and a claxon repeating 'Danger, Houin-sensei! Danger!'. Maybe she should just go hook up with Chika. After all, she looks a lot like Daisuke anyway, and if guys can delude themselves about being straight while hunting traps, she can have the female version.
henwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-25, 05:36   Link #1642
jigenbakuda
Kazumi sure is cute...

Quote:
Originally Posted by henwy View Post
I think it's sorta sad that the rin-daisuke ending is almost the only way things can go at this point. It's been inching ever closer to that of sorts and I know I had a wtf moment when daisuke seemed to say that his love for Rin was moving out of the purely parental zone. If this was a Venn diagram, it's pretty clear he's just on the edge and about to leave the safety of the overlap. I'm sure that's the ending a lot of readers want given the lolilicious nature of the manga to begin with, but I would have been far happier if Daisuke had stuck to his guns. Why is it in so many manga and anime that any parental love by an older male figure automatically has to change to something romantic? I just finished reading Usagi Drop and Honey and Clover back to back and both featured the exact same thing. It's almost like the culture seems to be saying that there can never be a pure parental love between two people unless they are biologically father and daughter. In any other form, it always seems to slide into something else and that's sort of sad IMO.

Oh well. Maybe I'll be wrong and daisuke will end up with houin and be a friend/parental support to rin for life. It's unlikely the way it's going though and even if it would make me happy, I can hear the lolicons howling their disapproval already.
Let me preface this with I'm not particularly fond of rin... I don't dislike her, but I like the side characters so much more. Like I want boin sensei's love story to come true by her getting aoki (aoki x boin ftw), and I want usa-chan to get reiji, I want kuro-chan to get shiro-chan (although this clearly has been abandoned as she has a lover now). So I don't wish for the ending that we will clearly get.

[opinion]
I think a lot of what you are describing is a difference in culture. Some famous examples are card captor sakura and marmalade boy, in which true love has sprouted from characters that are under aged and one that is of age. Although this is almost always hebophila, and not pedophila, still, I think in japan its not that big a deal for older men to be attracted to younger women. In fact its only been since 1999 that they outlawed underage nudity in photobooks. And that was from conservative pressure in the west. Just like in america their culture promotes waste and no american really has an issue with it , I think lovin up on the nubiles is the same in japan...

Now I'm not sure, because I've never fell in love with a 14 year old girl, but maybe just like trap hunters tell themselves that traps are just like girls in denial, nubile lovers tell themselves that their love is paternal, until they can no longer disagree with themselves. So thats why this trope always plays out like this. Or maybe its just like formulaic shoujo and the writers are all just lazy, lol. (watashiya-sensei doesn't appear lazy tho, I've loved her story so far)

[/opinion]

I love me some traps, this series should of had more, lol. chika x boin is my doujin dream, regular or futa the choice is their, lol. I need to check up on my kojika doujins... I've been slipping recently and comiket is right around the corner.

If one sets a trap, isn't it the victim's fault for falling in?

Last edited by jigenbakuda; 2011-07-25 at 05:47.
jigenbakuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-25, 07:19   Link #1643
Shadow5YA

It'd be nice if people would stop using fiction to make hasty generalizations on culture.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-25, 08:12   Link #1644
User68604
Disabled By Request

Quote:
I think it's sorta sad that the rin-daisuke ending is almost the only way things can go at this point. It's been inching ever closer to that of sorts and I know I had a wtf moment when daisuke seemed to say that his love for Rin was moving out of the purely parental zone. If this was a Venn diagram, it's pretty clear he's just on the edge and about to leave the safety of the overlap. I'm sure that's the ending a lot of readers want given the lolilicious nature of the manga to begin with, but I would have been far happier if Daisuke had stuck to his guns. Why is it in so many manga and anime that any parental love by an older male figure automatically has to change to something romantic? I just finished reading Usagi Drop and Honey and Clover back to back and both featured the exact same thing. It's almost like the culture seems to be saying that there can never be a pure parental love between two people unless they are biologically father and daughter. In any other form, it always seems to slide into something else and that's sort of sad IMO.

Oh well. Maybe I'll be wrong and daisuke will end up with houin and be a friend/parental support to rin for life. It's unlikely the way it's going though and even if it would make me happy, I can hear the lolicons howling their disapproval already.
last i checked, theres quite a few highly rated manga's that feature purely parental/kid stories. actually probably more than series like KnJ/usagi drop
User68604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-25, 10:16   Link #1645
henwy

Quote:
Originally Posted by recover View Post
last i checked, theres quite a few highly rated manga's that feature purely parental/kid stories. actually probably more than series like KnJ/usagi drop
Any spring to mind you want to share? Those which actually feature love/romance of course. I'm sure it shows up in series like battle shonen, but I can't think of the last relationship manga I read that didn't turn out that way when an older male who wasn't very closely biologically related took care of a younger female. If we allow a slightly closer age gap to include imouto's, the number booms.
henwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-25, 10:55   Link #1646
Random32
Also a Lolicon

Quote:

I don't really like the message that there can't be parental love between non-biological parent/child and would like to see more of the parental love type series, but I would prefer Aoki loves Rin romantically route. I don't think Aoki's love was ever paternal to begin with, he's just trying to justify it to himself as that, "I'm not a pedophile, I love her as if I were her father, I'm totally not a pedophile. Really!" sorta thing, the delusion falling apart into Aoki at least fully accepting the fact that he loves Rin in a romantic way is the conclusion of this that I'd like to see. After that, its whether he breaks social taboos to pursue his true love (idealistic ending), or whether he gives in to society and accepts that he can't be with Rin despite their mutual love (cynical ending).
Random32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-25, 14:39   Link #1647
User68604
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Any spring to mind you want to share? Those which actually feature love/romance of course. I'm sure it shows up in series like battle shonen, but I can't think of the last relationship manga I read that didn't turn out that way when an older male who wasn't very closely biologically related took care of a younger female. If we allow a slightly closer age gap to include imouto's, the number booms.
My Girl (SAHARA Mizu) - 8.85/10 on mangaupdates

Orange Yane no Chiisana Ie - 8.83/10 - (more family oriented with a romance of the two older parents, still very cute though)

just those two off the top of my head
Old 2011-07-26, 07:52   Link #1648
User68604
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random32 View Post
I don't really like the message that there can't be parental love between non-biological parent/child and would like to see more of the parental love type series, but I would prefer Aoki loves Rin romantically route. I don't think Aoki's love was ever paternal to begin with, he's just trying to justify it to himself as that, "I'm not a pedophile, I love her as if I were her father, I'm totally not a pedophile. Really!" sorta thing, the delusion falling apart into Aoki at least fully accepting the fact that he loves Rin in a romantic way is the conclusion of this that I'd like to see. After that, its whether he breaks social taboos to pursue his true love (idealistic ending), or whether he gives in to society and accepts that he can't be with Rin despite their mutual love (cynical ending).
judging from how manga series's have been lately, the idealistic ending seems to be more likely than a cynical one.

Old 2011-08-07, 08:32   Link #1649
Dark Wing

I don't know I think I have interpreted the end of this last chapter differently I believe it's Rin who is starting to see that two of them can never really be together...Just from her las line alone.
Old 2011-08-07, 12:22   Link #1650
jigenbakuda
Kazumi sure is cute...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
I don't know I think I have interpreted the end of this last chapter differently I believe it's Rin who is starting to see that two of them can never really be together...Just from her las line alone.
Oh thats an interesting notion. Because if thats the case, the story could end before she is 16 / grown or whatever and could open a whole other host of options, such as how aoki will feel once rin's forceful love is no longer present... you never realise what you had until its gone... interesting.

If one sets a trap, isn't it the victim's fault for falling in?
jigenbakuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-07, 13:34   Link #1651
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigenbakuda View Post
Oh thats an interesting notion. Because if thats the case, the story could end before she is 16 / grown or whatever and could open a whole other host of options, such as how aoki will feel once rin's forceful love is no longer present... you never realise what you had until its gone... interesting.
Well that seems to be the way she's thinking when she realized Aoki never actually kissed her...
Old 2011-08-24, 09:13   Link #1652
User68604
Disabled By Request

decent chapter

Spoiler:
Old 2011-08-25, 02:14   Link #1653
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by recover View Post
decent chapter

Spoiler:
Okay for the record I really do disagree with you on this...Just because the chapter didn't focus on Rin this time doesn't make it fail!

We've had plenty of chapters like this and they've always had something important to add to the story. Remember people still have a whole cast of characters to flush out and Mimi especially is over due for some development.

That being said in this chapter we are starting to see what appears to be a glimpse of rebellion in Mimi beginning to surface and after all the crap Mimi has had to take from her mom it's about time.

At the same time Reiji's old bitter memories are trying to creep their way back into his heart after years of trying to suppress them and this time they seem to be coming one really strong and Mimi has seen his change in behavior and is so concerned with his well being she runs over to Rin's place in the middle of the night to see if he's okay.

God I wish this wasn't monthly...
Old 2011-08-25, 06:22   Link #1654
User68604
Disabled By Request

for me, the only draw in the series is the aoki/rin development (maybe some of hoin sensei's dumb shenanigans)

i do agree tho, that some development between mimi/reiji would be good...

but only cuz then it leads to a higher probability of aoki/rin pairing at the end
Old 2011-08-25, 08:41   Link #1655
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Reiji should take responsibility. After going to jail
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-25, 09:04   Link #1656
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
Reiji should take responsibility. After going to jail
Hold on he hasn't done anything yet...
Old 2011-08-25, 09:56   Link #1657
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
He kind of did, well nthn worth mentioning in court though
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-03, 12:08   Link #1658
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
REIJI!!

you did A bad bad thing.

Mimi's character development has been really Amazing.

And Rin's description Of shoujo manga Is quite Exaggerated. The Ones Aimed at girls In The Sixth Grade Most Certainly Do NOT Contain "Groping".

(I Apologize For This Weird Typing Mode-my Computer Is Being Retarded. It Won't Go Out Of  Japanese Input And I can Only Type In English If I Capitalize EVERYTHING!!) 
Old 2011-09-03, 20:09   Link #1659
Random32
Also a Lolicon

It's not the capitalization, its the full width spaces that bug me.

Not sure, but you should be able to hit space without converting once in English mode. If you are using MSIME try hitting Alt+Tilde for Direct Input (入力モード).

Don't really have anything to say about the chapter that hasn't been said yet.
Random32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-04, 15:59   Link #1660
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Random32 View Post
It's not the capitalization, its the full width spaces that bug me.

Not sure, but you should be able to hit space without converting once in English mode. If you are using MSIME try hitting Alt+Tilde for Direct Input (入力モード).
I know. I hated it too.

Well, it's fixed now. I just restarted.

I agree with everyone who said "NEEDS MOAR RIN".

And I bet the Kuro fans are really pissed. XD How many chapters has it been where she had more than three pages?

Tags
comedy, growing up, loli, school life, seinen