Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-01-24, 17:39   Link #201
domino
デレデレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
Of all the countries in Hetalia (those who has appeared in the strip at least... Just mentioned also seems to count ), only Prussia, Canada, Belarus, Sealand and Turkey don't have their own Profile Page/Pictures. So I guess those 5 are either fan-name or unannounced names :x

All other countries' names are official names from Himaruya (sp.?), the author
I can't quite remember, but I think at one time the author posted the names as a "what if the countries had names like normal people?" , but the names have not been used since then... but if I remember correctly (and I rarely do orz), Prussia, Canada, Belarus, Sealand, and Turkey were all on that list.

It would be interesting to see if fans have created a name for Iceland, though... (a character that appeared only recently in Himaruya's blog).

In any case, Hetalia will be streaming online for free here: http://www.animate.tv/

The first episode comes out Monday, January 26th (Japan). If there is no IP blocking, everyone should be able to watch.

And starting in March and every month after, seems there will be character image CDs: http://hetalia.com/cd/musiccd.htm#chara01

First one will be Italy's CD. Each CD has 2 character songs sung by the character that the CD is for, plus a mini-drama track. I can't wait~... I want to hear America singing about being a hero or something
domino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-24, 20:33   Link #202
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
In any case, Hetalia will be streaming online for free here: http://www.animate.tv/
Are there subs available in any form?
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-24, 21:17   Link #203
Koroku
formerly JKaizer
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Koroku Send a message via MSN to Koroku Send a message via Yahoo to Koroku
No, it hasn't yet been subbed, and it's highly doubtful that Animate will have subtitles.
Old 2009-01-24, 22:41   Link #204
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koroku View Post
No, it hasn't yet been subbed, and it's highly doubtful that Animate will have subtitles.
F*ck. So will it be... fansubbed?
Old 2009-01-24, 23:34   Link #205
Koroku
formerly JKaizer
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Koroku Send a message via MSN to Koroku Send a message via Yahoo to Koroku
Possibly when it becomes... available?
Old 2009-01-25, 00:51   Link #206
LeoXiao
思想工作

Oops. I thought it got aired today, based on what i read from wiki.
Old 2009-01-25, 02:03   Link #207
domino
デレデレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
Oops. I thought it got aired today, based on what i read from wiki.
Today was the original air date for the TV broadcast on Kids Station, but they canceled it. The cell phone broadcast has already begun, and the web broadcast will be Monday. Episodes are only 5 minutes long, so subs should come quickly.
Old 2009-01-25, 04:55   Link #208
Klarr

Holy sh*t! how they can??? I dont wanna pay money to watch it x_x

when gonna they upload this anime?? T-T
Klarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-25, 11:58   Link #209
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
I can't quite remember, but I think at one time the author posted the names as a "what if the countries had names like normal people?" , but the names have not been used since then... but if I remember correctly (and I rarely do orz), Prussia, Canada, Belarus, Sealand, and Turkey were all on that list.

It would be interesting to see if fans have created a name for Iceland, though... (a character that appeared only recently in Himaruya's blog).
Hmmm... I only check Himaruya's blog when I feel like it, but I haven't checked the names list yet. I only view the profile pages at that time-not paying attention to the wall-o-kanjis/katakanas-text because I'm way too tired when I went to Himaruya's site.

As for the profile pages/pictures, I'm completely sure that they have been posted somewhere on the blog. Whether they are official names or not, it's up to interpretation (For me, I think it's official?), although the most official names must be their country's name And if I'm correct, LJ has translated the profile pictures too. I have not seen the 5 countries and Iceland Profile Pictures yet... :x

(Although if I have to comment, I was lol-ing at Germany's profile that time Subtext, subtext... Not )

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-25, 17:34   Link #210
Klarr

I heared that this serie was canceled 'cause it could lead conflicts among conuntries........ .__.U I guess..... what a pitty ='(
Old 2009-01-25, 22:33   Link #211
Hourai
MINES

Send a message via AIM to Hourai
So... this is on Animate TV today, right? I can't wait! Just hope my sources weren't wrong!
Old 2009-01-26, 03:59   Link #212
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klarr View Post
I heared that this serie was canceled 'cause it could lead conflicts among conuntries........ .__.U I guess..... what a pitty ='(
Not "countries", just South Koreans. North Korea, China, Russia, England, France, Italy and America have sent no complaints.

By the way, Korea is not even represented in this anime. Ask Korean posters here for why. I got enough neg rep for telling the truth as it is.
Old 2009-01-26, 04:31   Link #213
Kaguya
an idler

Hetaria started in Animate.TV Web anime theater section.
However, you need to register your e-mail adress and the answer of an easy question.
This video can be seen till 16:00 on February 2.

http://www.animate.tv/special/hetalia.php

But I cannot see it yet by heavy traffic.
Kaguya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-26, 05:03   Link #214
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Yeah, the Animate server seems to have been loaded down for a while now. Oh well, I'm hoping to get to see it sometime today...

EDIT: Just watched it. Pretty much sticks exactly to the manga, but man, five minutes really is short. Hard to tell if the animation's okay because the video quality's so iffy, but it mostly seemed acceptable (not so sure about the lipflaps, though--did anyone else think they were kind of funky?).

Last edited by Dagger; 2009-01-26 at 06:08.
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-26, 16:10   Link #215
domino
デレデレ

First episode is out~
Seems like it is no coincidence that the animate website got KO'd around the time of the release. I guess the traffic of people wanting to watch this was greater than they expected...

Either way, episode is out on Youtube now so you can avoid the Animate traffic. It's definitely just like the manga (right down to the "useful vocabulary" appearing at the bottom of the screen, though it whizzes by so quickly I don't know how anyone can read it without a pause button). They seem like they have too much to do in only 5 minutes so it felt really rushed. Everyone talks so fast..! Hopefully in later episodes they will spread it out more. Maybe episode 1 felt so crazy because they wanted to introduce all of the characters at once....

but Chibitalia is so cute I thought I was going to die from cute-overdose, and the voice actors fit their roles even better than I thought they would.

Last edited by domino; 2009-01-26 at 22:08.
Old 2009-01-26, 16:25   Link #216
Klarr

Yoo finally =D!

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=bSZ23lrCWh4

Five minutes xD LoL I loved it!!!!

PASTAAAAAAA
Old 2009-01-26, 17:31   Link #217
blue skies
noch einmal?

omg yay!

It's exactly like the manga, and just as adorable. The voice actors are awesome too, but good golly, do they talk fast. It's like they're trying to cram ten minutes of dialogue into a five minute episode. I'm not complaining, though. I'm just happy to see Hetalia animated at all. I smiled and giggled for the entire five minutes, and I'm in love with Chibitalia. If he were any cuter, I'd probably puke.

I can't wait to see more of France, though.
blue skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-26, 22:05   Link #218
LeoXiao
思想工作

damn, the youtube video got removed
Old 2009-01-27, 02:51   Link #219
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2009/0...p-all-hetalia/

There is now a new effort to stop the on-line broadcast too, and everything else related to Hetalia.

Oh, don't forget threats of cyber-terrorism against the website.

Go ahead and give me negative rep again for telling the truth. If the online distribution stops suddenly, SOMEONE has to tell you why.
Old 2009-01-27, 03:40   Link #220
Solais
Youkai of Coincidence

What a bunch of morons. They even attacked 2ch. They can't defeat the internets.
Solais is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy