Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-02-03, 09:07   Link #2601
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post

Adachi has pretty good credentials. Touch and all, you know.
yeah, i meant it has to have good credentials to make it this far. sort of like Aria sorry for the misunderstanding.

I haven't read/watched Touch. i have heard the name before though. As for the relationship, its great to see that's how it develops. through their interactions with each other and the adversities they face, the only way it can go up. i think one of the more appealing parts of this show is how one branch of the triangle (Wakaba) is such a great influence even though obviously she can't play a physical role any more. Seeing Kou and Aoba work around it is one of the best parts of the show. though it still crushes me every time they flash back or insert a smiling, watching Wakaba into the current time frame. like after the second match against the first strings.

is there any ending in sight? since i'm reading the manga and watching the anime in parallel. its great to see a show that sticks close to its source material.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-03, 09:08   Link #2602
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
is there any ending in sight? since i'm reading the manga and watching the anime in parallel. its great to see a show that sticks close to its source material.
I heard the manga is ending soon. I don't read the manga though.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-03, 09:15   Link #2603
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

It is ending soon. Soon as in, 2 chapters.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-03, 09:31   Link #2604
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

That's not actually confirmed yet, now, is it? Granted, it's highly improbable, but it could take us a bit more time...

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-03, 10:18   Link #2605
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I demand kissy-kissy at some point, or else people will bleed. Profusely.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-03, 10:38   Link #2606
Asleep

That was a good episode! Miki was great. I am glad we won't be seeing Daimon again. This was the right way for him to go

Also lol at them making fun of Senda's name Lots of good lines in this episode...

Waiting one week is becoming really hard. I really want to read the manga, but I like being surprised

At the speed they are going, and with the manga ending soon, I hope it is possible for them to end it with the anime. Is it really ending in 2 chapters?
Asleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-03, 11:56   Link #2607
Proto

I will eat saimoe trademarked cardboard if it doesn't
Old 2010-02-03, 12:08   Link #2608
poko-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
I will eat saimoe trademarked cardboard if it doesn't
Oh dear... I should have given you cookies last time.
Old 2010-02-03, 13:20   Link #2609
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

I will hold you to that statement, Proto. You hear me?

MWA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!!!

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-03, 14:00   Link #2610
Kirarakim

Oh I really hope the anime will get the manga ending. I was already accepting that I would be reading the manga where the anime leaves off.
Old 2010-02-03, 14:47   Link #2611
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

It's been bugging me from a while, I guess it's time I put it down with words.
I would like to ask if people could please stop with the manga blabbering of any kind. How many times does it need to be said, this is not the manga thread, so once you've told the manga is going to finish soon and probably has few chapters remaining, what's the point in bringing it up here again and again?

The point is, I'm not particularly annoyed by the blabbering itself, which could be considered slightly off topic but nothing more. What I'm more worried about is that constantly talking about the manga, even if vaguely, equals to take a very slippery road for this anime thread. It's a matter of a moment, someone who says something he didn't intend to, and a whole lot of anime only watchers are spoiled.

Hence please let's avoid the manga talking all together, especially now that the anime has come to its most juicy part, and the manga is nearing its end. Refer to the manga thread if you want to discuss the latter, or use pms, just don't use this thread. Thanks.
Old 2010-02-03, 18:14   Link #2612
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

What Pellisier said - it's getting on my nerves, too. After riding this emotional roller-coaster for a year the last thing I want is for any portion of the end to be spoiled by some blabbermouth, intentionally or not. I'd hate to think anyone would need to avoid this thread altogether just to play it safe. Why not just, for the purposes of this place, pretend the manga doesn't exist?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-03, 18:27   Link #2613
Proto

Sorry, I hadn't realized we had crossed the line ourselves, even when many of us were from the group who complained against the first wave of manga readers. Please accept my apologies.

Last edited by Proto; 2010-02-03 at 19:38.
Old 2010-02-03, 19:20   Link #2614
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

As someone who doesn't read manga, I really wish that manga discussions never appeared in the corresponding anime threads. Either you get the usual whining about how the anime didn't portray this or that scene in the way some poster prefers, or you get people accidentally spoiling future events. Nor do I really want to see long discussions about whether the anime and manga are in sync or not.

Anime productions are inherently different beasts than the manga they portray, and constant discussions about the relationship between an anime and its manga source usually do little to advance our understanding or appreciation of the anime's story. If I were king, I'd ban all discussion of manga from the anime threads.

So thanks, Pelly, for piping up again on this subject!

(I will say that, in comparison to the threads for Claymore and Dance in the Vampire Bund, people discussing the manga in this thread have been pretty controlled. Bravo.)
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-03, 19:33   Link #2615
HitagiIsHot
Ushio... omochikaeri!!!

What did everyone think of Shido's development from a snobby character to a snobby, but grateful one? Wonder if she will actually show up in the matches cheering on Seishu?
HitagiIsHot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-03, 19:51   Link #2616
The Rumblefish
Hurray for Takako Shimura

I am not convinced by it. It's almost like the story-teller is trying to find an excuse to tell you "don't worry, she turned out to become a nice person as well". I don't really see why she would have become so much invested in the team. Concerned about Aoba who she might have felt a weird connection with after copying her pitching style? Sure. Somehow feeling some romantic interest for one peculiar character such as Azuma (the attraction of being ignored, etc.)? why not.

But I just don't see why she changed her attitude so drastically about the team. I am not saying she couldn't have; her character is interesting and we also have to take into account the potential of her relationship with her father (the early bad guy who brought Daimon in, in case you've forgotten). But she was not given enough space and importance to express herself convincingly and show how complex of a character she is supposed to be. Nothing I saw about her few reappearances rang true to me. It's an interesting contrast with how well Miki was handled for the few appearances he has benefited from.

(OT: is your avatar the heroin from Lovely Complex? Or from a manga by the same author?)
The Rumblefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-03, 19:57   Link #2617
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I don't think Proto or anyone needs to apologise, because no real harm has been done (yet!) and no one is doing anything negative on purpose. I just think it's easy to forget how sensitive a non-manga reader is to this kind of thing - especially given how emotionally vested we all are in this series by now. I know of what I speak - having finished the Inuyasha manga I sometimes almost forget myself and say something vague about it in that thread - but I always err on the side of caution. Why risk it when folks have been watching a series for almost 150 eps and we're only 8 from the end?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-03, 20:03   Link #2618
Proto

Quote:
But I just don't see why she changed her attitude so drastically about the team
From the few words she said (I never did anything befitting of a manager), it's mainly feelings of guilt. Extrapolating from this, when she refused taking the baseball team's time, I think she did it more for herself than for the team. It's not that she's totally worried about the team not losing any second of their time, but that she would be too ashamed to actually go and take their time when she had already been so much of a nuisance. It would be a typical case from someone who is seriously feeling guilty for one of times in her life.
Old 2010-02-03, 21:27   Link #2619
HitagiIsHot
Ushio... omochikaeri!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rumblefish View Post
(OT: is your avatar the heroin from Lovely Complex? Or from a manga by the same author?)
Yep. Koizumi Risa, heroine from Lovely Complex.
HitagiIsHot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-03, 22:02   Link #2620
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
From the few words she said (I never did anything befitting of a manager), it's mainly feelings of guilt. Extrapolating from this, when she refused taking the baseball team's time, I think she did it more for herself than for the team.
I think you're being a bit harsh here. I was left with the impression that she finally realized the level of devotion and commitment the players had made to their team and didn't want to exploit or interfere with them. I thought it was the first time in the whole show that she displayed any sense of empathy.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baseball, drama, romance, school life, shounen, sports