AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-03-02, 16:08   Link #61
prince leon
red knight

Bah, I can't view the newest trailer. Stupid licenses. >.<
Old 2007-03-02, 16:42   Link #62
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

So I watched the trailer after wao left me an lj msg and I can totally see myself fangirling over this when it starts....what can I say I like guys in all black...plus Hei carries a sword!
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2007-03-02, 17:31   Link #63
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Well I hope this show will prove to have more than just fangirl bait though... (but BONES has rarely disappointed me anyway )
Old 2007-03-02, 18:04   Link #64
wao
OK.

I sure hope it has too. I've bitten the bait, but I would really, really like to see other things of substance in it too. I won't hope too hard though, I was sort of disappointed by Eureka 7 (yeah the show everybody likes a lot, blasphemy, etc.) But I watched it through the end anyway and still think it was above average, so I'm quite sure I can watch through all of this...

I liked the touch in the trailer where they had made The Wall look like the sky, and earlier when Kirihara said something about how "it's hard to imagine what the place was like without it [the wall]". Would I be being too hopeful if we get to see insights of people regarding the effect on having The Wall/The Zone (lol) creeping into people's lives, or should I just expect lots of fun and action and leave it at that...

And well, I guess I could say not all of the animation was superawesome or what, especially the bits with glowing guys rising up (was a bit tacky), but like MrProphet said it's encouraging to know that they can do it this well.
At least this definitely feels like it can go much further than Ayakashi Ayashi (which I think must have been the definition of 地味 itself - not that that's necessarily a bad thing though).
There's also what I said about Yutaka Nakamura, I guess... I have a feeling this really would outshadow Skullman because I think it's got a director who's more likely to attract the better animators, should they have a choice between the two.

I suppose this is running for 26 episodes? Or 13? I can't remember what those rumours/spoilers/whatever for Geass said about its 2-season structure; whether there was a gap of one or two seasons in between the first and second part.

And I can still view the thing, normally I get blocked by the silly DRM licenses but it worked fine this time

I had said it works only in IE because I stupidly trusted the "Viewing REquirements" thing they had on teh site, which said 1. IE 5.5 and above, 2. Windows 2K or XP, 3. Flash 6 and WMP 7.1 and above, but seeing MrP got it to work in Firefox...
I can't actually load the page properly in Firefox (it adamantly says "Your PC does not meet the requirements"), however when I load the .asx linked by Sonhex earlier (which is here), it loads quite fine.
Old 2007-03-02, 19:38   Link #65
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Well, I'm actually able to access the file and run it, but when Media Player tries to run it, I get a message that says I can't view because it requires some stupid license or something. What the hell does that mean? It's the first time I've got something like that.

PD: when I click on "yes" for it to take me to the page where I can obtain that "license", a jap message comes up telling me there's no license (or that I've got no license--ライセンスがありません).

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
Old 2007-03-02, 19:45   Link #66
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

I hope someone can put this on youtube or some other site.
Old 2007-03-02, 19:49   Link #67
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao View Post
And well, I guess I could say not all of the animation was superawesome or what, especially the bits with glowing guys rising up (was a bit tacky), but like MrProphet said it's encouraging to know that they can do it this well.
At least this definitely feels like it can go much further than Ayakashi Ayashi (which I think must have been the definition of 地味 itself - not that that's necessarily a bad thing though).

There's also what I said about Yutaka Nakamura, I guess... I have a feeling this really would outshadow Skullman because I think it's got a director who's more likely to attract the better animators, should they have a choice between the two.

I suppose this is running for 26 episodes? Or 13? I can't remember what those rumours/spoilers/whatever for Geass said about its 2-season structure; whether there was a gap of one or two seasons in between the first and second part.
Well, Bones CGI has always been quite subpar and really, really out-of-place, but some of the static scenes composition were really overshadowed by the movement, probably by the fact that animation misleads when it comes to character consistency. Still a head above most things you usually see in anime and probably only Dennou Coil, Gurren Lagann and Seirei no Moribito will keep the technical-artistic qualities in a higher level.

My guess would be 13, everything points to Geass' structure being "two tiers", or 25 episodes, of show followed by "two tiers" of another series airing and ending it with the following "second season".
Old 2007-03-02, 20:50   Link #68
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Darker than BLACK will be 24-26 episodes. Skull Man is 13 episodes.
Old 2007-03-02, 20:55   Link #69
DangerMouse

I'm also really looking forwards to this. The sweet intriguing trailers and naturally the new revelations about the staff working on it have only made me even more interested. This one's right up there with Seirei no Moribito and Claymore for my most anticipated series.

IMO, perhaps since I'm looking forwards to it so much and almost always consider 12/13 episodes too short I suspect it will be around 26. It being more clearly now (with the suddenly continuous new trailers and new magazine spreads and strategic staff announcements) a highly advertised Spring series also strengthens my expectation of this.

As it as an all-original production with quite an impressive staff list I don't believe that they've gathered this much animation talent and re-united with the mad-popular Kanno (for the first time in years) for something short. I think judging from the limited information and the trailers this has all the "window-dressing" of a full season (26 episode) show, also taking into account that this appears to be a pet project of Bones'. But that's just my opinion

I really hope it does, because I would love for this project to get the depth of a 26 episode run and Studio Bones' signature first-class skill at producing original material.

It also seems to be broadcasting on quite a number of channels according to ANN's broadcaster list (if those are all separate stations?) so it seems to have quite the backing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Darker than BLACK will be 24-26 episodes. Skull Man is 13 episodes.
Has this been reported somewhere already? Because I'm thinking along the same lines, though a tokusatsu-type show only being 13 could be tough

Last edited by DangerMouse; 2007-03-02 at 21:13.
Old 2007-03-02, 21:19   Link #70
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMouse View Post
Has this been reported somewhere already? Because I'm thinking along the same lines, though a tokusatsu-type show only being 13 could be tough
Yeah, the official Skull Man site listed it: http://www.skullman.jp/news/index.html

As for Darker than BLACK, it's definitely the fill between Geass seasons, so it'll be a full length show ending in Fall.
Old 2007-03-02, 21:33   Link #71
DangerMouse

Quote:
Yeah, the official Skull Man site listed it: http://www.skullman.jp/news/index.html

As for Darker than BLACK, it's definitely the fill between Geass seasons, so it'll be a full length show ending in Fall.
Cool, can't wait for both shows. Thanks for the info!
Old 2007-03-02, 21:36   Link #72
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:

You're right. I made I typo. Between both parts of Geass there are 2 tiers, which translates to 24-26 episodes.
Old 2007-03-02, 22:10   Link #73
aardvark

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao View Post

I liked the touch in the trailer where they had made The Wall look like the sky, and earlier when Kirihara said something about how "it's hard to imagine what the place was like without it [the wall]". Would I be being too hopeful if we get to see insights of people regarding the effect on having The Wall/The Zone (lol) creeping into people's lives, or should I just expect lots of fun and action and leave it at that...
Yeah I loved this part as well. I love how one part is seamless while right next to it you see it's still being built.

Reminded me of the Truman Show (Jim Carrey movie, dunno if youve seen it) where the city was basically self contained and the sky was basically the walls of the dome that surrounded it. The effect was the same.
Old 2007-03-02, 22:53   Link #74
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Can anyone tell me how the hell can I watch that trailer?

I tried Firefox, IE, Opera, direct links to BSPlayer, WMP10, and none of it freaking works.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-03-02, 22:59   Link #75
DangerMouse

It works for me when I launch it using IE but not Firefox (on Windows XP).

Also the one http://douga.nifty.com/cs/story/title/21450002/1.htm from the post above also works for me, but also only when I click the link in IE. The first trailer is the new 3 minute one. I'm on WMP 11 if that helps...
Old 2007-03-03, 06:42   Link #76
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
I am really surprised that none of you got it to work.

I swear, I didn't do any magic. Just opened up the page in Firefox 2.0.0.2, clicked the stream and it opened up in WinAMP automatically. No licenses, no bullshit.

Quote:
Reminded me of the Truman Show (Jim Carrey movie, dunno if youve seen it) where the city was basically self contained and the sky was basically the walls of the dome that surrounded it. The effect was the same.
Actually, I thought more about FLCL and the giant conspicuous Medical Mechanica building. It had the same effect as the Wall does in Darker than Black. Everyone sees it all the time and they sorta get used to it, but sometimes it freaks the hell out of people.
Old 2007-03-03, 07:43   Link #77
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
I swear, I didn't do any magic. Just opened up the page in Firefox 2.0.0.2, clicked the stream and it opened up in WinAMP automatically. No licenses, no bullshit.
Well I GOT it to work with firefox, but instead of opening with winamp it opened with Media Player...

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
Old 2007-03-03, 09:47   Link #78
wao
OK.

Ah, that might have been it. I'm not using Firefox 2.0 (yeah yeah, I'm still sticking to 1.5.0.8 thank you very much), so that might've been the case.

But I didn't get any licenses either, though I opened it in WMP. Strange, I usually get those bloody things in so many other cases (mutter grumble)

I was reminded of the Truman Show too, actually, but I didn't remember the name of the movie. The thingy from FLCL didn't occur to me but that's quite a good comparison. Except that this has more of a "shielding" aspect to it I suppose?

It's actually like the inverse of the Truman Show, ironically (if I understand it correctly). There the sky inside the dome was painted so that the people inside it thought it was the real sky; here the sky outside the "dome" of the Zone is painted so that everyone else can pretend it wasn't there.
Old 2007-03-03, 10:47   Link #79
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
#LOL!!

I saw this trailer at the end of code Geass Episode 18 RAW,

i was curious to find out what it was, it sounds pretty cool, need another detective drama with some cool stuff in it, and as for a talking cat with a wireless brain.....SOLD.
I'm easily pleased.

Old 2007-03-03, 10:50   Link #80
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
#LOL!!

I saw this trailer at the end of code Geass Episode 18 RAW,

i was curious to find out what it was, it sounds pretty cool, need another detective drama with some cool stuff in it, and as for a talking cat with a wireless brain.....SOLD.
I'm easily pleased.

Which raw did you download? Can you pm me the link.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, supernatural