Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-11-22, 00:29   Link #1061
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Apparently some god's familia, I think it was Takemikazuchi, sent his goons to abduct Hestia, who retaliated using her divine power, which caused the dungeon to spawn Goliath.
It was Hermes.
Spoiler for Take:

BTW anyone who has read volume 6:

Spoiler for Question about hermes:

The edge of sadomasochism is paper thin
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-22, 00:34   Link #1062
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post

Spoiler for Question about hermes:
it is Apollo not Hermes.
Old 2014-11-22, 00:40   Link #1063
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
it is Apollo not Hermes.
ah thanks not sure why I was thinking of hermes

Old 2014-11-22, 01:22   Link #1064
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
ah thanks not sure why I was thinking of hermes
Hermes and Apollo were similar to each other in myth in,any ways.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-22, 03:33   Link #1065
ArtemisF

Quote:
Originally Posted by jheno13 View Post
I agree with you....
Why make things complicated...
Its clearly written in the description....

You can't have bell thinking about ais all the time inside the dungeon and while fighting....

Bell would die if all he is thinking about is ais...

Its like fighting a Minotaur while doing math calculations in your head....

Its something everyone know...
Always think of what is in front of you, especially if your fighting for your life...

single minded pursuit is not all about ais...
Its all about bell... its his skill after all...
He doesn't have to think about her while fighting for the skill to work. It accelerates his growth proportional to his feelings towards Aizu. So as long as his feelings remain unchanged his growth rate will be high. It's a passive skill that works as long as his feelings are unchanged. It's not complicated. It's bells skill alright cus it's abt his feelings not anyone else's. But its his feelings towards a certain person.
(All of these i read in Manga/webnovel/Lightnovel)
Not a fan of Anime Tbh. I Prefer details.
ArtemisF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-22, 03:35   Link #1066
ArtemisF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
See? As Crystal clear, it has to be love. As Kunagisa said, he didn't had the skill before falling for Ais (why people have problems understanding this?); this case doesn't need Columbo.

Speaking off, the Hermes spoiler is
Thank you.

I am realllllllly looking forwards to that war game...

Hopefully our translator aces all his tests so he will in a good mood afterwards
Good luck to him.
(All of these i read in Manga/webnovel/Lightnovel)
Not a fan of Anime Tbh. I Prefer details.
ArtemisF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-22, 04:09   Link #1067
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtemisF View Post
He doesn't have to think about her while fighting for the skill to work. It accelerates his growth proportional to his feelings towards Aizu. So as long as his feelings remain unchanged his growth rate will be high. It's a passive skill that works as long as his feelings are unchanged. It's not complicated. It's bells skill alright cus it's abt his feelings not anyone else's. But its his feelings towards a certain person.
I've never denied that his feelings for Ais are the most likely possibility. However, what I'm pointing out is that people are acting like it is the only possibility. This is completely denying other ideas as obviously wrong when there is no relevant context within the story to completely exclude those ideas.

I've seen no facts that directly link the skill to a person. He got the skill after meeting Ais, in a situation where he was saved. To completely exclude the possibility that the situation crushed his pride and his dream to become a hero, awakening a drive to gain strength in him is just turning a blind eye to the facts imo.

One thing that backs this up is that one of his greatest moments of growth was when Bate was talking bad about him in the inn. He was hurt and enraged and agreed with everything that Bate said. His despair at his own weakness was at a high point while his feelings for Ais was only mentioned as an afterthought. Yet he grew a huge amount while in the dungeon after going in blinded by his "strong feelings."

What it comes down to is that making an absolute statement without supporting facts and disregarding other possibilities in no way strengthens an argument.

Old 2014-11-22, 04:25   Link #1068
nacer666

I think the feeling toward Ais was just the trigger or the condition to get that skill.After that, even if he comes to hate her I don't think the skill will go away just like that.
nacer666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-22, 04:43   Link #1069
Blankdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacer666 View Post
I think the feeling toward Ais was just the trigger or the condition to get that skill.After that, even if he comes to hate her I don't think the skill will go away just like that.
I think that is wrong; from what I remember, he had the skill before he met Ais, but after meeting her, it accelerated his growth.

Spoiler for My 2 cents:
Blankdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-22, 05:03   Link #1070
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blankdom View Post
I think that is wrong; from what I remember, he had the skill before he met Ais, but after meeting her, it accelerated his growth.

Spoiler for My 2 cents:
Again, it literally says that it's the feeling of love, so that's that.

What has "happened", is that when his feelings grow weak; his stat growth becomes much lesser (so far this has happened once, I think? It's the only time Hestia was honestly happy whe updating his stats in vol 1~4 ).

I'm guessing that if he totally gives up on his love, the skill will lose it's effect, making Bell (temporarily) who he was before getting it. I'm also guessing that in such case the effect would be restored if he falls for someone else and I'm also guessing that such scenarios are never going to be seen.

Thinking about it, if he does fall for several people at the same time he is gonna become utterly broken though the naming sense of the skill hints that such a thing may not happen.
Old 2014-11-22, 05:08   Link #1071
Wizardoone

Found something on volume 6

Wizardoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-22, 05:43   Link #1072
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
Again, it literally says that it's the feeling of love, so that's that.

What has "happened", is that when his feelings grow weak; his stat growth becomes much lesser (so far this has happened once, I think? It's the only time Hestia was honestly happy whe updating his stats in vol 1~4 ).

I'm guessing that if he totally gives up on his love, the skill will lose it's effect, making Bell (temporarily) who he was before getting it. I'm also guessing that in such case the effect would be restored if he falls for someone else and I'm also guessing that such scenarios are never going to be seen.

Thinking about it, if he does fall for several people at the same time he is gonna become utterly broken though the naming sense of the skill hints that such a thing may not happen.
*Removed this part due to sleepy eye errors*

This is how single minded pursuit written in volume 1 of the novel I took this directly from the digital edition. Please point out the part where it talks about love in the novel text. Even at the end of volume 5 it uses the same wording.

Last edited by SoloPanda; 2014-11-22 at 06:13.
Old 2014-11-22, 06:00   Link #1073
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

The furigana reads "omoi" which meaning feelings right.
Wouldn't that indicate what the kanji means since they can be interpreted differently?
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-22, 06:11   Link #1074
Shidou

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodTurtleOm View Post
Kunagisa summarized it on page 7. From what I remember of other summaries as well:
Spoiler for Volume 5 Events:

Hestia was kidnapped ? Can you tell me what appen nex ? How Bell rescur our goddess-sama ?
Shidou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-22, 06:22   Link #1075
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by belatkuro View Post
The furigana reads "omoi" which meaning feelings right.
Wouldn't that indicate what the kanji means since they can be interpreted differently?
from what I can tell it should mean heavy attachment or heavy feelings. If it does read as feelings of love then I guess that's that but I haven't seen a single translator interpret it that way.

Old 2014-11-22, 08:29   Link #1076
DragonKing0117
A Non-Awakened Prince

Quote:
from what I can tell it should mean heavy attachment or heavy feelings. If it does read as feelings of love then I guess that's that but I haven't seen a single translator interpret it that way.
Do note that there's only ONE translator before you say something like that k? No offense to Jn, but saying something like "I haven't seen a single translator interpret it that way." when there's technically only one translator is just making assumptions that can't be backed up.

Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle Wiki - If you've read and enjoyed the series, please help out! We now have a social group!!!
Cipher J's Blog|Fan and Original Fiction Database - A blog that I recently made to serve as a backup place for all my fan/original fiction. Feel free to check it out if you like.
DragonKing0117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-22, 08:46   Link #1077
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonKing0117 View Post
Do note that there's only ONE translator before you say something like that k? No offense to Jn, but saying something like "I haven't seen a single translator interpret it that way." when there's technically only one translator is just making assumptions that can't be backed up.
Is JN and AP the same person? Could have sore JN said that s/he'd only be doing the novel and Days of Goddess, while Renzokusei and a couple others are working on the other mangas. There are like 3 of them. Unless it's all the same person then I merely spoke from the point of view that there are more than one.

Old 2014-11-22, 10:13   Link #1078
The One Above God
Kamijou

He does Oratoria manga too though.

"I'll destroy that illusion!"
The One Above God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-22, 11:27   Link #1079
kakarotlssj

Quote:
懸想 or Kesou should mean "falling in love; attachment" which is the Kanji for Omoi, so I think the feeling here refers to love but translators have chosen to keep it ambiguous as sometimes authors like to trick with double meaning.
kakarotlssj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-22, 12:02   Link #1080
DragonKing0117
A Non-Awakened Prince

Quote:
Is JN and AP the same person? Could have sore JN said that s/he'd only be doing the novel and Days of Goddess, while Renzokusei and a couple others are working on the other mangas. There are like 3 of them. Unless it's all the same person then I merely spoke from the point of view that there are more than one.
Sorry, was mainly referencing the novels, but even then, the only manga Jn doesn't do is the main one, which hasn't been updated for a while now.

Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle Wiki - If you've read and enjoyed the series, please help out! We now have a social group!!!
Cipher J's Blog|Fan and Original Fiction Database - A blog that I recently made to serve as a backup place for all my fan/original fiction. Feel free to check it out if you like.

Last edited by Flower; 2014-12-28 at 04:52.
DragonKing0117 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, dungeons, gods, harem, romance