AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-06-01, 22:18   Link #1841
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
The one thing that bugs me in the illustration of that picture is why is Miyama-Zero still drawing Ise like he is skinny with little muscles. It is already noted by many characters that Ise has enough muscle to where clothes that can cover muscles such as his school uniform can be distinctly be shaped and chiseled.
Well, it wouldn't be the first mistake that the illustrator made ... maybe it's going to be corrected, when the normal edition of volume 15 comes out.
Old 2013-06-01, 22:30   Link #1842
kagato3

There is a question as to exactly what her terrorist activities are and who they were against, as history has shown one groups terrorist is another groups hero. If all of her acts were directed at other factions with in the CB (and all the ones that have been shown in the novel have been) it's questionable if they would count to the 3 facticions.

I do not belive she was part of the atack on the peace treaty as Vadi seems to have formed his group after that and from the sound of it she and her brother were aligned more with the hero faction if any before joining Valdi, and they were not part of that atack.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2013-06-01, 23:03   Link #1843
amtro
Distro

No, Miyama Zero does this for the sole sake of self insertion, it is intentional.
Weak and underwhelming otaku can not relate to a strong, capable and popular MC so he draws Issei as a scrawny child instead of the man the LN states he is.
Also his training methods aren't effective towards the goal of building any significant amount of muscle, but if his goal is general fitness then Ishibumii is right on the mark by having him do cardio and calisthenics.
Old 2013-06-01, 23:04   Link #1844
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algester View Post
Also got me to thinking if Issei would marry Rias what will happen... will Issei adopt the Gremory name or will Rias adopt the Hyodo name?
When Issei marries, Rias he will take her family name Gremory, so he will probably be known and referred to as "Issei Gremory." It's possible that this may be only limited to the underworld and while in human realm may Issei still be known and Issei Hyoudou, while Rias takes his family name Hyoudou in the human realm.
Old 2013-06-01, 23:43   Link #1845
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
^ Gotta love that two-way street of thinking when dealing with the workings of two worlds.
Old 2013-06-01, 23:45   Link #1846
Algester

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
No, Miyama Zero does this for the sole sake of self insertion, it is intentional.
Weak and underwhelming otaku can not relate to a strong, capable and popular MC so he draws Issei as a scrawny child instead of the man the LN states he is.
Also his training methods aren't effective towards the goal of building any significant amount of muscle, but if his goal is general fitness then Ishibumii is right on the mark by having him do cardio and calisthenics.
actually after the part he trains with Tanninim miyama already drew Issei the man he is stated to be (biceps and all well technically its a shirt with the sleeves ripped off) so not sure if its inconsistence or what you said is intentional, but you know its only in volume 5 we get to see part of his figure since much of the illustrations we have of him he's wearing his uniform or is fully clothed
Old 2013-06-02, 08:35   Link #1847
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Well, it wouldn't be the first mistake that the illustrator made ... maybe it's going to be corrected, when the normal edition of volume 15 comes out.
im kinda amazed that mistakes are being made by the illustrators, arent they talking to the authors or something??
Old 2013-06-02, 08:51   Link #1848
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
im kinda amazed that mistakes are being made by the illustrators, arent they talking to the authors or something??
In the case of Miyama Zero, he creates art for video games I think they are called Eroge and he been noted as one of the best. He also illustrate other Light Novels as well he it been hectic for him. He also creates art book for many other series.

So it is not hard for him to mess up, I just hope he fix it by vol 16. Ise does not have the muscle type of Sairaorg, but he is muscular. I would say a Light Middle to Middle Weight Mix Martial Artist without the Martial Arts, just the body type.
Old 2013-06-02, 10:45   Link #1849
Velsy

About Team Vali. .. From my understanding

Vali and Kuroka(cat girl) would only be the ones on the most wanted list by the devils and Fallen angels. Vali could be be considered a traitor, but future acts had him assisting the 3way alliance. He and his group has had more independent goals. Azezel (respected in the Fallen angels) seems to be ok with him, he hasnt issue any orders to bring him in amung his sub-coordinates. Remeber they left the Choas begrade and have been looking for strong weapons/opponets.

Koruka is wanted by the devils for murder, she would definately not be approved if she was available for contract. She killed her master and the persuing guards and escaped capture and fled. Rias's group hasnt recieved any orders to capture Koruka as of yet, she is more or less under Valis protection at that. I recall Issie trying questioning her as to why she murdered. But she wouldnt say anything. Hinted she was pushed or treated cruely.

Monkey man seems to be persued by the other monkey men. Tho it appears they really an't serious about capturing him. It more or less looks like a grandfather trying to discipline his family more than anything.

For La Fey, it hasnt mentioned anything about crimes shes commited. Shes been apart of the Vali team who has assisted the 3-way alliance. Thats why I beleive there is no problem if she was called apon to become Issies contracted mage.

These are just my own thoughts, if something wrong. Feel free to point it out.

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Old 2013-06-02, 11:06   Link #1850
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post

Vali and Kuroka(cat girl) would only be the ones on the most wanted list by the devils and Fallen angels. Vali could be be considered a traitor, but future acts had him assisting the 3way alliance. He and his group has had more independent goals. Azezel (respected in the Fallen angels) seems to be ok with him, he hasnt issue any orders to bring him in amung his sub-coordinates. Remeber they left the Choas begrade and have been looking for strong weapons/opponets.

Koruka is wanted by the devils for murder, she would definately not be approved if she was available for contract. She killed her master and the persuing guards and escaped capture and fled. Rias's group hasnt recieved any orders to capture Koruka as of yet, she is more or less under Valis protection at that. I recall Issie trying questioning her as to why she murdered. But she wouldnt say anything. Hinted she was pushed or treated cruely.

Monkey man seems to be persued by the other monkey men. Tho it appears they really an't serious about capturing him. It more or less looks like a grandfather trying to discipline his family more than anything.

For La Fey, it hasnt mentioned anything about crimes shes commited. Shes been apart of the Vali team who has assisted the 3-way alliance. Thats why I beleive there is no problem if she was called apon to become Issies contracted mage.

For Kuroka, her killing her master was an act of love and protecting for Koneko. Kuroka's master (not sure if it was Kuroka's playful meowing but she said he master name is Nekoshou, yeah Nekoshou what on earth is that name) was experimenting and forcing making his servants including his family to become stronger even if it meant overload or killing them. Her killing her master is justified. Though in the eyes of the High Class Society, it doesn't matter, if they were to allow it to slide it would be disastrous for the social classes. It would allowed the lower social classes to defy the High Class even if justified. So in short, even if you were a rapist, abusive, or evil scientist towards your servants it is all okay because you are a High Class Devil. Someone that is not a High Class Devil taking action for that kind of behavior is now an enemy and a kill order is place. Funny justice system in the Underworld isn't it? It pretty much means that High Class Devils can do anything they want and the High Class Class will protect their own even if the said High Class Devil is a monster even for Demon standards.
Old 2013-06-02, 11:36   Link #1851
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post

About Koruka, Issei already knows why she did it. her master was expeirimenting on his servents and had plans to do the same to Koneko only it would likely have killed or broken her.

As for if what he did was is ok or not it's debateable since we don't know if others knew what he was doing. There may have been other reasons they called off actively hunting her other then she tended to kill those that went after her.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2013-06-02, 14:05   Link #1852
bodo
shirking idiots ...

Quote:
In the case of Miyama Zero, he creates art for video games I think they are called Eroge and he been noted as one of the best. He also illustrate other Light Novels as well he it been hectic for him. He also creates art book for many other series.

So it is not hard for him to mess up, I just hope he fix it by vol 16. Ise does not have the muscle type of Sairaorg, but he is muscular. I would say a Light Middle to Middle Weight Mix Martial Artist without the Martial Arts, just the body type.
With the majestic talent that Zero-chan posses he could do the best art for the best ero games destined for ... blind people
Don't tell me no one observed the atrocities form the illustration with Issei, Ravel, Kuroka an Le Fay
Issei`s and Ravel`s neck is to long (reminds me of Rosario+Vampire II vol 9 cover ), Ravel`s breast are too down position, and Kuroka looks like a monster,the neck is positioned too far back, the clavicle is positioned like ... not even a beginner would make that mistake, it`s like Kuroka is Igor`s daughter.
Zero-chan is doing DxD`s illustration from 2008 but he did not improved at all, and he lacks anatomy basics, and can not draw the same character identical twice ... he is just putting in a bad light this series with his mistakes.
Old 2013-06-02, 14:13   Link #1853
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodo View Post
With the majestic talent that Zero-chan posses he could do the best art for the best ero games destined for ... blind people
Don't tell me no one observed the atrocities form the illustration with Issei, Ravel, Kuroka an Le Fay
Issei`s and Ravel`s neck is to long (reminds me of Rosario+Vampire II vol 9 cover ), Ravel`s breast are too down position, and Kuroka looks like a monster,the neck is positioned too far back, the clavicle is positioned like ... not even a beginner would make that mistake, it`s like Kuroka is Igor`s daughter.
Zero-chan is doing DxD`s illustration from 2008 but he did not improved at all, and he lacks anatomy basics, and can not draw the same character identical twice ... he is just putting in a bad light this series with his mistakes.
Well, I never played an Eroge so I don't know how the art stacks up. I just read a lot of Light Novel and thus far, Miyama Zero is the best in my opinion.
Old 2013-06-03, 00:52   Link #1854
Somethindarker
Super Senior Elder Member

Quote:
For Kuroka, her killing her master was an act of love and protecting for Koneko. Kuroka's master (not sure if it was Kuroka's playful meowing but she said he master name is Nekoshou, yeah Nekoshou what on earth is that name) was experimenting and forcing making his servants including his family to become stronger even if it meant overload or killing them. Her killing her master is justified. \
Nekoshou is breed of Youkai that Kuroka and Koneko are. The master chose Kuroka and Koneko because they are a stronger and rarer breedand can use different kinds of senjutsu, like comparing the common American Short-Hair to a Siberian. The master as of now is unnamed, but yea he was abusive and reckless with his experiments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodo View Post
I agree, don't get me wrong he's done some amazing artwork for this series but there have been some illustrations that have just irked me and make me go "WTF?".
Old 2013-06-03, 07:19   Link #1855
Shorya
::>_<::

A little question here, what new is revealed in the latest volume?
new character? extension of story or is it a ss?
Old 2013-06-03, 07:26   Link #1856
Tchadnis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorya View Post
A little question here, what new is revealed in the latest volume?
new character? extension of story or is it a ss?
If i remember right it suppose to be half SS , half , extension of story .. i think n0m@n said that a couples post back .. just too lazy to go back and look but i think what i am saying is right ..
Old 2013-06-03, 10:45   Link #1857
thelord3

OK people do you actually read the novels or just skip through pages?
1. the monkey, also known as Bikou, is no longer pursued by his grandfather! he asked his grandfather to come help and take the poison out of Vali after he was injured against Samael.
2. I don't think that they are part of the Chaos Brigade anymore. the reason is that they are being pursued by the other factions. the reason for that is that Cao Cao told everyone that Vali kidnapped Ophis.
3. If Vali team is really being pursued by the other factions, wouldn't that include the devils? remember after Vali as poisoned against Samael, they stayed at the Gremory's Mansion in the underworld. why didn't Sirzechs arrest them then???
4. Has it been really confirmed in the novel that she is the one that Isse makes contract with? because if it hasn't and people are just speculating over the picture of Isse and Le Fay, then that is inaccurate. Is she not at the moment sort of living in the Isse mansion with kuroka? she said that she was going to help them with the contracts and now I think she is helping the team with magic.
5. Kuroka is naked in the picture with a shirtless Isse? it could mean many things! she has already been naked with Isse hen she cured Koneco's mating season problem. did he have sex with her? no. it could be just another funny/teasing scene.
P.S
I really can't wait for the new volume to be translated to English. does anyone know how long it usually take to translate the novel after the release on baka? thanks
Old 2013-06-03, 11:53   Link #1858
G147

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelord3 View Post
1. the monkey, also known as Bikou, is no longer pursued by his grandfather! he asked his grandfather to come help and take the poison out of Vali after he was injured against Samael.
2. I don't think that they are part of the Chaos Brigade anymore. the reason is that they are being pursued by the other factions. the reason for that is that Cao Cao told everyone that Vali kidnapped Ophis.
3. If Vali team is really being pursued by the other factions, wouldn't that include the devils? remember after Vali as poisoned against Samael, they stayed at the Gremory's Mansion in the underworld. why didn't Sirzechs arrest them then???
4. Has it been really confirmed in the novel that she is the one that Isse makes contract with? because if it hasn't and people are just speculating over the picture of Isse and Le Fay, then that is inaccurate. Is she not at the moment sort of living in the Isse mansion with kuroka? she said that she was going to help them with the contracts and now I think she is helping the team with magic.
5. Kuroka is naked in the picture with a shirtless Isse? it could mean many things! she has already been naked with Isse hen she cured Koneco's mating season problem. did he have sex with her? no. it could be just another funny/teasing scene.
P.S
I really can't wait for the new volume to be translated to English. does anyone know how long it usually take to translate the novel after the release on baka? thanks
[After hearing that a certain someone has shown himself within the castle, I was walking towards where he is. I also know the reason why that person came. Most likely to cure the curse “that person” has on himself. That room is located in the basement of the castle. –The Vali team is over there. After that incident, their leader Vali got put in an unfavourable condition so the head of Gremory decided to hide them after being asked by Sirzechs-sama and Azazel-sensei. Of course having the terrorists in the Gremory castle will be a very serious matter. Even so, it is true that they helped us……they helped Buchou. Hearing that, the head of the Gremory decided to take care of them temporarily.]

"Volume 12 Life -3"
Old 2013-06-03, 16:12   Link #1859
Somethindarker
Super Senior Elder Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelord3 View Post
P.S
The guy probably doing them comes here once in a while, he likes to take his time so he translates them well, so anywhere between one week to two weeks before we start seeing progress in the stories. Personally I's rather him take his time than rush it.
Old 2013-06-04, 12:25   Link #1860
kazzuya13

Just finish watching the 2nd OVA. Kinda disappointing. They only advertise the Irina and Xenovia in the cut scene
Closed Thread

Tags
harem, school life, shounen