AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2017-01-11, 00:56   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 852 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Ah, the first spoiler of 2017 is finally here! Credit goes to AP's YonkouProductions for the info:

-Chapter title is "The Germa's Failure". Splash page features Robin at an art exhibition.

-Sanji's sister Reiju is asleep in the infirmary, where her gunshot wounds are treated. Sanji comes to visit her, taking down the guard on his way in. The eldest Vinsmoke child awakens, but her memories are hazy due to them being manipulated by Pudding. However, Sanji, having witnessed Pudding's confession, recounts the story to his sister. Meanwhile, back at the prisoner library, Jinbei helps Luffy and Nami escape by burning the book. As soon as he escapes, Luffy feels weakened due to hunger, but he's still determined to save Sanji....

-Back at the infirmary, Reiju tells Sanji she believes his story. As it turns out, she was suspicious of Pudding all along, and even went digging for info on the woman herself. Still, in the end.... Reiju proposes to leave Germa to its grim fate. Sanji objects to his sibling's suggestion, which leads her to reveal the circumstances around her brother's birth....

-In the past, when Judge told his wife that he intended to turn his unborn children into emotionless machines, she strongly objected to it. Nonetheless, she was forced into the experimentation against her will. However, the mother still had a plan: Though she was forced into the surgery, she secretly drank a medicine that would tamper with Judge's gene manipulation. In the end, while the medicine had no effect on the rest of the children, Sanji alone was born as a normal human being. Unfortunately, the downside of that medicine is that it weakened the body of Sanji's mother, but she had no regrets about defying her husband's ambitions. Judge, being unaware of the actions his wife took, simply laid all the blame on Sanji, which led to his abuse of the child...

-Back in the present, Reiju tells Sanji that he is NOT a failure, as he is a kind human with emotions..... which is why she wants him to abandon Germa and escape. She believes that Big Mom isn't actually interested in holding Zeff hostage, and since the ones who are threatening the old chef's life are slated to die tomorrow, there's no longer any reason to stay, as the Vinsmokes' slaughter would be an act of retribution befitting of a band of murderers. But while Sanji indeed holds resentment towards his father and brothers.... he questions why Reiju has to die. She answers that while she is indeed also capable of feeling emotion, she's still an accomplice who blindly followed her father's orders, so she feels she deserves to share Judge's fate. She also reveals that the exploding bracelet Sanji's currently wearing... is a dud! turns out she switched them under the other Vinsmokes' noses. She then asks him one more time if there's any other reason for him to remain on that island. Because otherwise, he risks the chance of never seeing his important friends again....!!!

Last edited by marvelB; 2017-01-13 at 12:42.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-11, 01:59   Link #2
Rainbowman

There seems to be some hope in this chapter.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-11, 02:04   Link #3
n0m@n
C-Z

I only have respect for Reiju. Even though we have 'lost' the lovely Pudding, we still have the hot and caring sister called Reiju.
n0m@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-11, 06:11   Link #4
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

I do hope Sanji can make the cook to annihilate the gen made by Judge or maybe making them having emotions and such.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-11, 06:40   Link #5
Kaz_

Its nice to see that some main characters other than Luffy having actual character progressions, not just by power level but with their feelings. By the very end, Im sure Sanji will have some power level upgrades too to achieve something great. Sanji deserves this since his total defeat against Doflamingo last arc. As a part of Monster Trio, he deserves being a Supernova level already along with Zoro.
Kaz_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-11, 07:42   Link #6
danielevo

Great chapter.. Seriously i really hate man like sanji father, maybe he have a reason because of his chilhood or etc, but for now that man really piss me off..
danielevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-11, 10:36   Link #7
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

kill off the other vinsmokes then reiju is free to join the SH crew! YEAH!
Old 2017-01-11, 12:03   Link #8
The Small One

I don't think this plan is a good idea. Even though nobody would probably miss the Vinsmokes, letting them get slaughtered by Big Mom would make her too powerful. Sanji should definately decide to help his family. Them getting allied to the SH would be the best possible outcome.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-11, 13:24   Link #9
Kaz_

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I don't think this plan is a good idea. Even though nobody would probably miss the Vinsmokes, letting them get slaughtered by Big Mom would make her too powerful. Sanji should definately decide to help his family. Them getting allied to the SH would be the best possible outcome.
But these guys represent Nazi army if I remember right? Especially considering that their quite the cannon fodder perfect clone soldiers idealogy and Judge forcing his wife into such torment. Best possible outcome for everyone would be the total destruction of it.

Besides these guys are everything Luffy hates, siding with them would go against his code of nakama protection. Judge cant even harbor some actual feelings for his own family, let alone throwing his own clone soldiers to fire for his own safety.
Kaz_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-11, 16:18   Link #10
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I knew Reiju was a kind woman. She's even willing to die to atone for her sins of letting her brother be tortured.

The reveal about Sanji's mom is interesting. That should make Sanji hate his father even more.
Old 2017-01-12, 06:24   Link #11
Ultragunner

Reijuu for nakama!!! Otherwise.....

Anyway, what a way to start the New Year, Oda
Old 2017-01-12, 08:28   Link #12
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Reiju need to be the next nakama...

even though Carrot is the top contender now, I still hope Oda will let two Vinsmokes in Strawhat Pirates
or at least, let Reiju oneesama to be alive in the end!
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-12, 09:36   Link #13
danielevo

The ten and last nakama will be panda man ��
danielevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-12, 09:54   Link #14
grecefar

I doubt that the vinsmokes will die in this arc, the chaos is starting and if they really want to escape the island they'll need their help at least for now, I glad that the drug sanji mother took affected reiju too at least a little giving her emotions.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-12, 11:23   Link #15
Ramero

At least it will give Sanji firepower to awaken his demonic power inside him.

I'm not sure who stated it but i can remember that Marines will not sit by if a Yonko was defeated on this battle and Luffy could be a Yonko since then.
Old 2017-01-12, 16:48   Link #16
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
We got confirmation that the threat towards Zeff comes from Judge, not Big Mom, which means that the Vinsmokes getting eliminated is Sanji's opportunity to get out. I like this development. He's got nothing holding him back now. All we still need at this point is a proper fight for him.
Old 2017-01-12, 17:25   Link #17
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Reiju is holding him back. He loves his sister.
Old 2017-01-12, 18:12   Link #18
laughingwalls

1. For some reason I see a death flag over Jinbei's head. Even if Oda doesn't kill characters normally.

2. Rieju for best girl. I don't think any other character has really earned it.

3. I can't shake the feeling that they will end up back in Fishman Island at some point soon, directly connected to events of this arc. Both because of Jinbei's presence, Big Mom's connection to the arc and the prediction by Shyarla that Luffy would destroy fishman island. Fishman island arc felt like a 'minor' arc, but the revelation that Shirahoshi is poseidon means that it has some significance to play.
laughingwalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-12, 22:53   Link #19
Ramero

I disagree for number 3 anyway since Den will not be able to repair Noah in time with around a month time window. We don't know who is proficient on shipwright beside Den and the ship must be ready to be operational before the fishman island gets destroyed.
Old 2017-01-13, 06:53   Link #20
Kafriel
Senior Guest

The buildup is real...I am very curious to see how Sanji's relationship with his family will be at the end of this arc.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote