AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-09-25, 17:38   Link #701
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by moncikoma View Post
Hmmmmm....How about this x3,

They don't do sex because
1. Sheryl still wearing her kimono right.. And clean.
2. She's too weak to have sex...
3. It still midnight...if they do have sex... Then alto is a fast shooter!
4. Alto still wear his pants right... With shoes and still have stamina to chit chat on the phone
5. If I were him.. Sheryl & I will be naked...until morning...
won't wake up until my bro knocking the door...
6. Alto don't have the guts... Because he is pasive...
You were saying Alto still viewed her as his normal friend (and his mom!!), and then you changed it To me that was the best reason

Damn I didn't quote you fast enough

(This post is not serious at all...just to make it clear)
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2010-09-25, 17:43   Link #702
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mei19 View Post
It just sucks even if Sheryl and Alto had sex, they still didn't get together fufufu[/FONT][/B]
While Ranka goes home to see Ozma, Sheryl will be going home to live with Alto like she has the last couple of weeks prior to the ending Such an even ending even though Alto never speaks to Ranka once during the entire episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raile View Post
@wisteria, Hmm, I do tend to notice that. I also notice that Ranka is kind of a favorite in the west. I've been to Japanese/Chinese/other Asian places on the net and the contrast to it with the Western places is quite telling.

(Then again...internet )
Eh not really.. most western fans don't like her at all from what I've seen..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
Now the scene in the TV series is as controversial as it gets considering we don't even see them kiss although one can assume that's exactly what he did if we take Alto's actions prior to the camera moving away into account.
The pan away before a kiss is an old technique that has been used countless times in motion pictures, the fact that your side was so flat out against them even kissing when it happened was quite pathetic to say the least. It's like in Ga-Rei Zero when Yomi and Noriyuki had a similar pan up, the Yuri fans of Yomi and Kagura were pissed.. but they never got to the denial stage like you guys did lol
Old 2010-09-25, 17:44   Link #703
justavisitor

Ozma and Brera will make sure their sister to win the war
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2010-09-25, 17:46   Link #704
moncikoma

Ahahahaha u got me ...
Maybe His mom is a shotacon with no blood relation ... Wow...macross the forbidden love LOL
Alto is naughty x3 ...
Old 2010-09-25, 17:49   Link #705
justavisitor

poor, poor little Alto XD
Old 2010-09-25, 18:05   Link #706
moncikoma

Wait I remember... Her mom is acttually look identical with alto....

Could it be... Her mom.... Is a ... Man???!! OMG...
That explain it... So His father is a gay....afterall ... XD...

Poor sheryl... No wonder she kissed him so many but no respond out of him

Old 2010-09-25, 18:27   Link #707
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Why don't we all just take it this way:

- In the TV series, Alto and Sheryl have kissed and may or may not have done the deed, but the scene is framed by the classic camera pan-ups, so in essence, this is nothing more than a cheeky nod to the shippers.

- They indisputably had sex in the novels.

- Likewise, for the manga.

Arguing over whether it's 'canon' or not in the TV series certainly doesn't overturn the neutral shipper stance the higher-ups have established two years ago, which is why I'm quite surprised it's been going on for this long. If it did, there still wouldn't be any debates and all over this. If anything, considering how it doesn't have any effect on the plot progression of the TV series, why don't you treat it as a massive shipper present? It certainly seems that way.

After all, nothing says a good, gliding ship than one that's been continuously given a huge boost of wind as it sails to the finish line.
Old 2010-09-25, 19:03   Link #708
wisteria233

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesie View Post
Why don't we all just take it this way:

- In the TV series, Alto and Sheryl have kissed and may or may not have done the deed, but the scene is framed by the classic camera pan-ups, so in essence, this is nothing more than a cheeky nod to the shippers.

Arguing over whether it's 'canon' or not in the TV series certainly doesn't overturn the neutral shipper stance the higher-ups have established two years ago, which is why I'm quite surprised it's been going on for this long. If it did, there still wouldn't be any debates and all over this. If anything, considering how it doesn't have any effect on the plot progression of the TV series, why don't you treat it as a massive shipper present? It certainly seems that way.

After all, nothing says a good, gliding ship than one that's been continuously given a huge boost of wind as it sails to the finish line.
that's my point if they were just kissing or hugging then why not show it?
Old 2010-09-25, 19:05   Link #709
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
that's my point if they were just kissing or hugging then why not show it?
So delusional Ranka shippers can go, they didn't show it so they didn't do it!
Old 2010-09-25, 19:25   Link #710
Mei19
LOL'ing at t3h old bags

Quote:
Originally Posted by moncikoma View Post
Hmmmmm....How about this x3,

They don't do sex because
1. Sheryl still wearing her kimono right.. And clean.
2. She's too weak to have sex...
3. After the scene It still midnight...if they do have sex... Then alto is a fast shooter!
4. Alto still wear his pants right... With shoes and still have stamina to chit chat on the phone
5. If I were him.. Sheryl & I will be naked...until morning...
6. Alto don't have the guts... He is too pasive
7. The room and kimono is from alto's mom... Because of that... Alto's not In mood
Ahaha! There you go! That made perfect sense! XD

@Westlo
Nooo....Sheryl will live together with Ranka-chan after episode 25 and they'll take hot fanservice-y baths together while talking about their love Alto. Hehe....You think you're the only one who has a working imagination here, don'tcha??

AND the sex thing? Gray area? Accept??
Coming out of my soap box, I thought it has always been a gray area. Yoshino even said that what happened in ep 22 was only between Sheryl and Alto. Why it suddenly became technicolor is...beats me. (J/K! I know whyyy) It doesn't even matter whether they did it or not. Alto chose the sky.
Old 2010-09-25, 19:29   Link #711
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
@Westlo
Nooo....Sheryl will live together with Ranka-chan after episode 25 and they'll take hot fanservice-y baths together while talking about their love Alto. Hehe....You think you're the only one who has a working imagination here, don'tcha??
So saying Sheryl will continue to live with Alto like she has been for the last few weeks ='s working imagination. Yeah sure
Old 2010-09-25, 20:18   Link #712
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
Ozma and Brera will make sure their sister to win the war
<facepalm>

Yeah, I get this is a joke, but you two jokers may as well enumerate the "10 less convincing reasons why Sheryl and Alto didn't have sex and Ranka will win, yay!".

Quote:

Waitasecond, they also 100% sure had sex in the manga? First time I heard of that, but gimme details!

Quote:
Ahaha! There you go! That made perfect sense! XD

@Westlo

AND the sex thing? Gray area? Accept??
Coming out of my soap box, I thought it has always been a gray area. Yoshino even said that what happened in ep 22 was only between Sheryl and Alto. Why it suddenly became technicolor is...beats me. (J/K! I know whyyy) It doesn't even matter whether they did it or not. Alto chose the sky.
And here I thought you had finally seen the light. <sigh> Oh, well. Alto did not choose the sky. Well, he did for about two minutes, but after that he most probably had a nice victory celebration with both girls and then took Sheryl home.
Old 2010-09-25, 20:50   Link #713
Mei19
LOL'ing at t3h old bags

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Oh, well. Alto did not choose the sky. Well, he did for about two minutes, but after that he most probably had a nice victory celebration with both girls and then took Sheryl home.
lmfao!! Mei19 likes this. *facebook like icon*
Old 2010-09-25, 21:25   Link #714
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Considering that Sheryl was only having spells of fainting, and otherwise showed very signs of being sick ( after leaving the hospital ), I don' think that he thought he was taking advantage of a dying person. Sheryl demonstrated many times how she was still the vibrant person Alto knew frome earlier.
My apologies. I actually wasn't implying that Alto was "taking advantage of a dying person" but merely suggesting that Sheryl was in no state to even consider sex. Sheryl had also just awoken from fainting, I think that in itself speaks volumes of her (then) current state of health.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
The pan away before a kiss is an old technique that has been used countless times in motion pictures, the fact that your side was so flat out against them even kissing when it happened was quite pathetic to say the least. It's like in Ga-Rei Zero when Yomi and Noriyuki had a similar pan up, the Yuri fans of Yomi and Kagura were pissed.. but they never got to the denial stage like you guys did lol
Sorry, I don't watch many movies

No but in all seriousness, that's the curse of a shipping mind. Just to be clear, I'm not denying the kiss considering the movements made right before Alto and Sheryl left the camera's view.

I would also appreciate it if you could treat me as an individual, I understand I support a certain "side" for lack of a better word but I also have my own mind which is open to any and all ideas.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2010-09-25, 22:31   Link #715
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
My apologies. I actually wasn't implying that Alto was "taking advantage of a dying person" but merely suggesting that Sheryl was in no state to even consider sex. Sheryl had also just awoken from fainting, I think that in itself speaks volumes of her (then) current state of health.

Sorry, I don't watch many movies

No but in all seriousness, that's the curse of a shipping mind. Just to be clear, I'm not denying the kiss considering the movements made right before Alto and Sheryl left the camera's view.

I would also appreciate it if you could treat me as an individual, I understand I support a certain "side" for lack of a better word but I also have my own mind which is open to any and all ideas.
Not just movies, but other anime too. Tekkaman Blade is a perfect example of that. It's a VERY common method used in any media form, and has been used quite often in anime, OVA', movies, manga, etc.
Old 2010-09-25, 22:54   Link #716
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Not just movies, but other anime too. Tekkaman Blade is a perfect example of that. It's a VERY common method used in any media form, and has been used quite often in anime, OVA', movies, manga, etc.
I was actually just joking I know about camera techniques

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2010-09-25, 23:48   Link #717
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
I was actually just joking I know about camera techniques
Just checking.
Old 2010-09-25, 23:55   Link #718
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Any chance you want to fan-translate the novels for us poor shlubs without Japanese speaking or reading skills?
Well...I would offer if I had time...but at the rate I'm going with all my other mini-projects (along with the reading backlog and RL stuff), you might be better off trying to learn Japanese yourself

Quote:
Quote:
Waitasecond, they also 100% sure had sex in the manga? First time I heard of that, but gimme details!
Seconds this!

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Old 2010-09-26, 02:32   Link #719
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

karice x maggy :

Sorry if I've gotten anyone's hopes up, but I was riding on mag's "3 vs 0" comment in the Image thread so I assumed this applied to the manga. I've checked over the sources, and I don't think this happened, so my apologies.

As compensation, perhaps you'd be interested to know that both Alto and Sheryl's voice actors at least did an ero-scene of Episode 22 in the anime during production, though I highly doubt they'd release this to the public.

Really, I would strongly recommend taking the sex scenes as one of their gracious shipper presents rather than fighting over how 'canon' it is. (The same thing happened with a rival pairing in HSotD with the camera pan-ups, and the whole fandom went crazy.) But as far as the importance of the sex scene goes, seeing how the TV series is pretty staunch in its deadlock ending, I do believe it's best to keep it as spazzy shipper fodder as they continue to keep it coming, like this, this, this and other shipper presents that I lost track of. Such things are reserved for fellow fans to squee, and the the implied x actual sex scenes (anime and light novels) are worthy materials to be given squees of the highest degree.

Now that's not to say the so-called 'canon' of this ship depends entirely on these outside materials, but more of how the ship has been receiving much, much love ever since the TV series ended, and this could be a pretty good indication of how the romance scales are currently tipping as the second movie draws near. So for now, just take the shipper sex scene as it is, which, by the way, also means acknowledging that no, not everyone will see eye-to-eye on this, and just leave it to rest.

But where's the fun in that, you ask? Oh it will come, because when we have mini-Alto and Sheryl babies running around next year, I fully intend to gleefully rub it into the faces of every single crewmate of That Other Ship and I expect you to join me. XD
Old 2010-09-26, 02:51   Link #720
moncikoma

"Alto and Sheryl's voice actors at least did an ero-scene of Episode 22 in the anime during production, though I highly doubt they'd release this to the public."

Any source? Just curious....
Hmmmm ero sound like.... ..."Kimochi..! Kyaaa!....Ikuuuuu!" Or... "Kissing and touching voice" like in ep 1-2 (cathy x her bos)

I hope alto and sheryl voice actor will released the ero-scene in OVA x3
Closed Thread