AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-09-24, 08:36   Link #461
Dop
Mmmm....

Back in episode 8, Madarame comments that lately there hadn't been much work and he'd been leaving early a lot. Saying things were pretty bad and wondering if the company was OK.

Which kind of makes me wonder if he'd actually been laid off and was putting a brave face on it, and had gone on a shopping spree to cheer himself up?

(No spoilers, manga readers!)
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-28, 12:12   Link #462
bastek66

IG pariodied themselves in last episode
Old 2013-09-28, 14:27   Link #463
Dop
Mmmm....

Great ending to the series. Seriously it'll be nothing short of criminal if we don't get a second season of second season (that would be the fourth season, then).

Yes, it did seem strange at first with the different voice cast but I soon got used to that, and that didn't spoil my enjoyment of the series. I'm going to miss this show.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-28, 14:46   Link #464
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Pretty average finale, i think it wasn't a good idea to end this series with a filler. If they ever resume the anime, this episode will feel out of place, for instance the way it seemed to push for Hato making a decision about crossdressing, it doesn't bode well with developments that started right at this point in the manga.

Another things i disliked: Sue being too talkative, Yoshitake being too annoying. Kuchiki stalking male Hato was weird too, although he's unpredictable. Anyway, one can tell the author didn't write the characters here - and in the last few minutes of episode 12, for that matter.

Last episode aside, it was a very good adaptation.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-28, 17:40   Link #465
HandofFate

Enjoyed the last episode, a very relaxing finale to have everyone together.
any gif of Sue's 2D fighting game beatdown? lol
HandofFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-28, 18:55   Link #466
SQA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
Best part is it flowed right into a Street Fighter parody. I was laughing hard.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-28, 22:34   Link #467
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

This last episode was meh....

But other than that, I really liked this series, though to be honest, I couldn't warm up to Hato and his angst. I'd love to see something with Yoshitake, Yajima, Sue and Ogi's two comrades.
Old 2013-09-28, 22:52   Link #468
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
LOls.... what a way to end a series.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
More of SNK

Images
SNK
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Images
Watomote
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-28, 23:01   Link #469
SQA

There was also an "Ano Natsu de Matteru" reference, which I found kind of funny, as I thought no one else would remember that series.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 02:05   Link #470
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 05:38   Link #471
teja208
Critical fanboy

I can see that this is a filler even if I haven't catch up with the latest manga chapter. I was hoping they would elaborate more on what happened at the end of the previous episode, but it just jump right to Hato stop crossdressing and coming to the club. It felt a little out of place.

I guess the underlining theme of this final episode is fear of change. Hato is afraid of the change and how it affects him and his relationship other club members, particularly Madarame. I guess he want to take time off from club activities and crossdressing, because he needs to think things over. I think it's quite similar to how Madarame is quiting his job.

Now to cover some less serious stuff. This episode offers fanservices for both male and female audiences. We also get more foreshadowing what part of the manga the ova will cover a good news. Ogi x Sasa is one of the best arc in the manga till date.

Overall it's a bit weak final episode but I've seen worse final arc/episode fillers. It doesn't add much to over all character development and relationship wise. It's a mild character regression for Hato, but not something big of a deal if you ask me, and based on Goty's comment this this episode seems to do quite a bit of a damage to the manga future plots.

I give this episode a 5/10, but 8/10 for the entire season. It was a fun ride. Unfortunately, new season seems unlikely with how the BD/DVD sales are terrible and the anime is so close to catching up with the manga. Perhaps, I may have to start picking up the manga in the near future.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 20:00   Link #472
shalala

Very much enjoyed the anime. Sure it was mainly Hato focus at times and would have been nice if the other characters had their own arcs but I didn't mind it that much. The new va where good as I can't remember the old ones and the op & ed where okay but I prefer the first 3 seasons opening. I did enjoy the eding song.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 21:37   Link #473
HandofFate

I think this series has the best 'fat character' person ever that actually has a personality and isn't just a comic relief or total waste of a human being.
HandofFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 00:56   Link #474
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
I think this series has the best 'fat character' person ever that actually has a personality and isn't just a comic relief or total waste of a human being.
Oh I totally agree with this, Yajima was a pretty interesting character.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 11:05   Link #475
shalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Oh I totally agree with this, Yajima was a pretty interesting character.
I do hope both her and the other girl gets more development in the manga as they where both interesting.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-27, 20:56   Link #476
psycho bolt
Cowmaster

well that was a great ova to end the year. Hope there will be another season
psycho bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-28, 05:10   Link #477
kniteowl

I'm surprised that the ova focused on the events post oguie and sasahara, they were immensely enjoyable, they probably wouldn't be able to do justise with that material and compress it in 20 minutes anyway. I am a little disappointed that they didn't include madarame's thoughts about him carrying sue on shoulders like how warm it was and how he felt lucky that Saki wasn't there to see him carrying Sue. But apart from that small quibble it was very faithful with the source material. Then they included a ending with a similar animation that nidame did and it made me wish they'd do a genshiken reboot of the original series. The entire 9 volumes in maybe you 3 cours about 39 episodes but it probably wouldn't be as relevant since most of the focus and parodies were about the otaku from the late 90s early 2000s. Still a man can dream.
Old 2013-12-28, 21:27   Link #478
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

"She stole something unbelievable from me. My underwear".
Old 2014-06-07, 01:58   Link #479
EroKing

Old 2014-07-12, 19:53   Link #480
VC Matsumoto
Anime Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to VC Matsumoto
Post Ogi & Sasahara Ova was great....hope they do a Ova for stuff after the end of Nidaime.

VC
VC Matsumoto is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
club, comedy, subculture