AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2016-03-04, 20:36   Link #441
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Sounds promising for a 2016 release! As with all localizations, however, I'll only truly believe it when I see it.

Working my way through that second playthrough still. I can't believe how long it took me to realize that holding the O button fast-forwarded scenes.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-04, 22:14   Link #442
Iron Maw
Banned

If they are that far we might even just see a summer release which would be perfect.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-05, 05:27   Link #443
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
If they are that far we might even just see a summer release which would be perfect.
Indeed! They're going to post more regular updates now too, so it would be interesting to keep an eye on how much progress they continue to make!
Old 2016-03-05, 16:16   Link #444
marvelB

Well, as others said, this is great news from Xseed! Now Falcom just needs to hurry the heck up and give us more news on Sen 3 already, heh.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-11, 15:52   Link #445
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

Another year of Kiseki is upon us!

http://gamespress.com/release.asp?c=6f695c--134271

Trails of cold Steel II out in August 2016
Old 2016-03-11, 18:04   Link #446
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7enSword View Post
Another year of Kiseki is upon us!

http://gamespress.com/release.asp?c=6f695c--134271

Trails of cold Steel II out in August 2016
The article here mentions "fall" as the release date. I don't see anything about August? Would be great if it were true, but that doesn't seem to be what's indicated here.

Also, great to hear we'll be getting TitS the 3rd, even if it'll be another year or more.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-11, 18:31   Link #447
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

2016 continues to be a great year for gaming.

I want back on this train!
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-11, 22:12   Link #448
Iron Maw
Banned

Gematsu has got in English screenshots here:
http://gematsu.com/2016/03/legend-he...-north-america
Old 2016-03-12, 00:02   Link #449
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Wait... are those purple orbs? And Alisa in combat? And apparently carry over levels? What?
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-12, 00:11   Link #450
The Green One

Fall release for trails of steel 2? Dang I'll need to hurry up and finish my other two runs to prep the save file I'm xfering over, only finished the first run a few days ago. Third chapter of Trails in the Sky is going to be in 2017 on the PC as well, I'll have to pick that up on steam.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-12, 01:15   Link #451
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereminVox View Post
The article here mentions "fall" as the release date. I don't see anything about August? Would be great if it were true, but that doesn't seem to be what's indicated here.

Also, great to hear we'll be getting TitS the 3rd, even if it'll be another year or more.
Whoops, I meant to type Autumn! It was pretty late so I didn't notice my error.

Thanks!
Old 2016-03-12, 03:00   Link #452
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Wait... are those purple orbs? And Alisa in combat? And apparently carry over levels? What?
You carry levels over similary to TitS: FC to TitS: SC. The max. carry over rewards are, eg., with Level 80+ . Plus, an additional carry over reward depending on your AP rank by the end.
Old 2016-03-12, 03:24   Link #453
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I finished level 86 with max AP. It's kind of weird to start that high unless the game goes beyond 100.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-12, 07:27   Link #454
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

You can and will level beyond 100 in CSII. The jp. wiki has on the character subpages stats for level 200 as a slight reference. I don't know if difficulty does influence the xp rate, though. Well, it's as with Second Chapter only Rean's level (and Estelle in SC) that counts for the clear file, so only if you are lower than SC/CSII wants you to be in the beginning, you'll automatically start out at that level (as with a fresh New Game iirc).

Last edited by Mahou; 2016-03-12 at 07:38. Reason: Fixed some errors due to faulty memory
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-12, 07:31   Link #455
marvelB

Geez, I remember when we were lucky to get maybe one or two announcements a year from Xseed about localized Trails games.... now it's like we're getting them every other week, lol. Anyways, definitely looking forward to CS2 later this year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I finished level 86 with max AP. It's kind of weird to start that high unless the game goes beyond 100.

Not really sure if it counts as a spoiler exactly, but at least when I played the JP versions, my party's max levels from the first game didn't quite carry over for me, at least (for instance, I also had Rean at LV80+ at the end of Sen 1, but he started out at like level 50 at the beginning of Sen 2). Had similar experiences with prior Kiseki titles, as well (had a party that was LV90+ at the end of Zero no Kiseki, only for them to get nerfed after transferring the clear data to Ao, lol ).
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-12, 08:52   Link #456
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Yeah you start at level 45-50 IIRC. Not sure the specific number, but yeah it's around that level. Also if you had higher level characters then it just gives you more bonus item which might be kinda useful for early game.

Don't worry about the craft skills though, you'll get all of them that you got from the previous game

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-12, 16:12   Link #457
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Lol how on Earth did you guys grind out 80+ levels ? Even at Nightmare difficulty on NG+ only the final dungeon would provide a decent amount of EXPs and that only last up to Lv70ish.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-12, 17:52   Link #458
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

I had enough yen left on my jp PS3 account to buy enough Shining Pom "sets" (and I think, they had two sets for free back then) *lol*. That's one guaranteed level up per that special encounter during the final old school building dungeon
Old 2016-03-13, 16:14   Link #459
Iron Maw
Banned

Honestly, if I don't get to Lv 80 at end of my second play-through then I'm gonna to do that too.

Gotta take as advantage of the carryover bonuses as much as possible.
Old 2016-03-18, 16:16   Link #460
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

I really shouldn't spend any money until I have a job, but with Cold Steel being on Easter sales at PSN for €25 (about 10 Euros cheaper), it's well worth it for me . Even though I'm replaying Zero no Kiseki and get reminded how Crossbell and the SSS is the laughing stock for their respective reasons. Quite harsh considering the normal, down to earth beginnings of FC + CS imho .

Tags
erebonia, falcom, nice story, pc/steam, rpg elements, story rpg, trails of cold steel, trails series, xseed, zemuria