Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-10-07, 18:46   Link #41
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by kache View Post
Mediocre harem, but I like the main character.
Wait for it.
Old 2014-10-07, 20:05   Link #42
Verrueckter
Sarcastic Ass

Who else shuddered when Hijiri's voice switched to Rie Kugimiya? Otherwise good first ep, looking forward to the animated misadventures of the world's most epic harem MC.

"Othinus, what’s with this hell of panties? You’re getting lazy with these new worlds now, aren’t you? Zzz…” -Kamijou Touma
Verrueckter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-07, 21:13   Link #43
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

A nice start Arin is just awesome
Old 2014-10-07, 21:22   Link #44
DragonKing0117
A Non-Awakened Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verrueckter View Post
Who else shuddered when Hijiri's voice switched to Rie Kugimiya? Otherwise good first ep, looking forward to the animated misadventures of the world's most epic harem MC.
I shuddered. Wasn't she supposed to be voiced by someone else?
DragonKing0117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-07, 21:35   Link #45
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonKing0117 View Post
I shuddered. Wasn't she supposed to be voiced by someone else?
That's not really Hijiri as mentioned in the anime. I'm assuming she is the VA of the Grimoire(in the OP).
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-07, 21:38   Link #46
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

I forgot how much fun this series was. The music was great. The art style is fantastic. Yep. This is a keeper.
Old 2014-10-07, 21:38   Link #47
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

Im a little worried with this one, based on the op, if the guy that appeared with the black sun is the other magic king(i dont think he is, but still), then this will go till the lastest chapters (38~39), but if he is the other possibility (Ilya showed up before him)then this will cover till chap 29~30, wich could be better, since no big parts would necessarily end being skipped

Talking about the chapter itself, the pase was good, the bg was really good, i do liked the voices but i would have prefered another one for levi...expecting more the next week.

Last edited by DOmus; 2014-10-07 at 21:52.
DOmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-07, 21:51   Link #48
HandofFate

Yea, the premise isn't something I'm expecting much for, but sticking around solely for the voices.

Especially for the ninja.
Old 2014-10-07, 21:56   Link #49
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep1:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-07, 22:08   Link #50
AceTrigger

^
It adapted from a manga not light novel. Hey if you don't like it, you don't have to watch it.
AceTrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-07, 22:14   Link #51
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

^^ the best comes later, but if u dont like it, u dont have to force yourself to watch it
Old 2014-10-07, 22:30   Link #52
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceTrigger View Post
^
It adapted from a manga not light novel. Hey if you don't like it, you don't have to watch it.
Heh~...
...Hahaha, interesting, I can't imagine it even after learning about it.
But yeah, I know. It's just there are no other anime today, which makes me think about it.
Still, I try to imagine what I saw this episode as a manga, but... Anyways, amusing.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-07, 22:54   Link #53
MgMaster

From something which I expected to be a mildly entertaining series(which I think is an appropriate stance to take with these types of shows when you go into them blindly),this was quite nice. Arata’s confidence is welcomed and and the girls seem okay for now I guess. I also found the principal dude to be pretty fun.

It’s enough for me if this show will be as enjoyable as say,Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance from last season,not asking for anything more. That being said,Trinity Seven premise does show a little more potential and I certainly don't mind surprises

Last edited by MgMaster; 2014-10-08 at 00:11.
MgMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-07, 23:15   Link #54
Pablete
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Heh~...
...Hahaha, interesting, I can't imagine it even after learning about it.
But yeah, I know. It's just there are no other anime today, which makes me think about it.
Still, I try to imagine what I saw this episode as a manga, but... Anyways, amusing.
Well, I think the main appeal for manga readers are some female characters that appear later and well, the main character over all them.
Pablete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-07, 23:26   Link #55
Go0gleplex
The Old Guy

That was great! I can see this is going to be a favorite of mine for the season.

"No society can thrive when it puts more money, effort, and emotion into its vices rather than its virtues."

Harem of choice? Uzume, Rory Mercury, Raphtalia, and Yasaka.
Go0gleplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-07, 23:33   Link #56
dexecutioner

Episode 1 was okay. It looks kinda dark for an action comedy series.
dexecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-08, 04:05   Link #57
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Oh look, a harem anime where the main male protagonist isn't beaten up by women because of his pervertedness. I like it!

Also, Arin's deadpan voice and Lilith's sexy back are my favorites for this first episode!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-08, 04:59   Link #58
novalysis

Trinity Seven was not as terrible as I had expected. In-fact, it was quite entertaining.

However, I think it would have been more effective, had they started with the day when the tragedy where that Black Sun destroys the town. That being said, it's rather obvious that the MC is keeping a mask ontop of how he really feels. It's just that while I can intellectually comprehend the MC's current emotions, because the initial destruction of the town wasn't shown comprehensively, it's harder to emotionally sympathize.

I am not sure whether this decision was made because of a limited episode count, and whether the source material was structured differently, but I get the sense alot of material was skipped through or compressed substantially. I also get a feeling there's alot of worldbuilding skipped over, even though given the MC knows nothing of magic, there were many opportunities to at least integrate some worldbuilding exposition naturally into the scenes. For example, what is the Black Sun Phenomena? Do all Mages use Grimore's necessarily, or do they have some other source to focus their powers? What is a demon lord exactly, besides someone who can create artificial worlds? There is some decent exposition included incidentally, such as the strongest mages are females and magic is dependent on emotions(though it plays into the gender stereotype that females are more emotional than males), or that there are seven fields of magic.

It's clear that Lilith is probably the main girl of this series - they were basically hitting the audience on the head with that. Hijiri takes the role of "dead little sister", even though Hijiri is still alive in some unknown manner. There are compelling mysteries being set up here, such as Hijiri's true fate and nature (is she a mage?), the origins of the Grimmore, why our MC wasn't discovered before this point if he was such an OP Mage, why our MC is an exception to the rule that female mages tend to be more powerful than males, how is Airin linked to Hijiri, why is the headmaster so accommodating, and so on.

If the limited episode count and hence rushed pacing played a role in the problems of this episode, this may not be a good sign for the anime as a whole. The first episode certainly is compelling in selling the show's premise, but it also hints of possible problems with the show itself down the road. This show is almost certainly going to be on my watch list.

Last edited by novalysis; 2014-10-08 at 05:12.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-08, 05:29   Link #59
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Hijiri HHHNNNGGGG! Judging by the ED, not only we have Arin but also yet to be revealed clone of her. Long haired clone of hers looks to be best yet. XD

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-08, 05:53   Link #60
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
The fact that the MC sounds, and even kind of acts, like SAO's Kirito, somehow makes this much more amusing to me.

The show and its premise does indeed feel very overplayed, but strong seiyu performances and solid visuals/pacing makes it entertaining and engaging anyway.

Tags
ecchi, harem, seven sins, shonen