AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-05-15, 16:06   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Mahouka [LN/M] - Character Speculation/Theories: Erika

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all speculation, theories, and general discussion related to Erika.

Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourites.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for characters you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.

• Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel or Social Groups.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

As this is a source material thread, it is expected that you should be reasonably caught up to the latest source material when participating. However, if spoiling major plot points that others may not yet have read, please be considerate and use properly-labelled spoiler tags that indicate to the reader whether it's safe to open the tag. Spoiler tags with no label are not allowed!
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-15, 17:12   Link #2
pampz21
ShipCore

Of course I had to be the first one☆

My Best Girl Ever<3

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-15, 17:16   Link #3
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Of course I had to be the first one☆

My Best Girl Ever<3
me number two
SoboSobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-15, 22:25   Link #4
millie10468

It seems iffy to come to this thread to ask exactly what makes people like Erika. I don't exactly hate her but I find it hard to see her relevance in the story as it goes on.

But it might hit an iceberg...
millie10468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-16, 03:14   Link #5
Kokus

you don't see he relevance ? just think about what happens if you take erika out of the mix ...
she is more or less the only charakter with a certain spice/fire .
i just mean she isn't your nomal passive female character.
she dosn't always things thinks trough but knows when to stop (or at lest get's when it is better to stop..).
she is agressive and reckless (if ther is any need) but also has a considering/carring side.
she is confident but not arrogant ,not to mention her locks^^° in combination with her preference for sword's.
to sum it up in other words if you look through all the characters in mahouka she is one unique and non-stereotype character the story just needs.

(all at lest in my oppinion)
Kokus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-16, 07:10   Link #6
renuac

I have a really hard time coming to grips with Erika. As a character, I find her interesting, well-written, believable – and really hard to like. It’s not even that I actively dislike her, I just don’t like her: she strikes me as rude, abrasive, insensitive and unnecessarily confrontational. I get why she is like that though and the slow reveals about her family background and her relationship with her siblings and as-yet-unseen father were well done. And I like the way her relationships with the various other characters are written, no two are the same and it’s fun to see her interact so differently with different people . I can also see why characters in the series appreciate her company; her forthrightness and energy are refreshing and attractive, and, as Kokus pointed out, she really stands out among the other characters. But for me at least, the novel format doesn’t do her any favours since, as a reader, I’m too far removed from her actions to appreciate them. The anime format on the other hand works really well for her.

Definitely interested in seeing what this Rozen plot thread is going to be about though.

Does anyone else think that she might not always be on Tatsuya’s side? I doubt she’ll be a long-term antagonist or even actively antagonistic, but I could well believe their interests might not always match.
renuac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-16, 07:28   Link #7
pampz21
ShipCore

Erika is for Realist people!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Old 2014-05-16, 08:15   Link #8
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by renuac View Post
Does anyone else think that she might not always be on Tatsuya’s side? I doubt she’ll be a long-term antagonist or even actively antagonistic, but I could well believe their interests might not always match.
We've already seen an instance where she wasn't completely on Tatsuya's side when they were trying to capture the parasites. She wanted to kill the people who injured Leo while Tatsuya wanted to capture them alive. She never did fully promise not to kill them. My feeling then was that if she accidentally killed one while trying to capture it, there wouldn't be much "accident" in that "accidentally".

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-16, 08:58   Link #9
renuac

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
We've already seen an instance where she wasn't completely on Tatsuya's side when they were trying to capture the parasites. She wanted to kill the people who injured Leo while Tatsuya wanted to capture them alive. She never did fully promise not to kill them. My feeling then was that if she accidentally killed one while trying to capture it, there wouldn't be much "accident" in that "accidentally".
Exactly The Vampire arc made it clear that she has no real problem with not being perfectly aligned with Tatsuya (although she does get annoyed when Tatsuya doesn't align with her ). Add to that her discomfort at the knowledge that he is part of the Yotsuba and I could definitely see her going against him in the future.
renuac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-16, 10:54   Link #10
blakraven66

I wonder if there's any significance with Erika being the only one in the series (or one of the few in anime) that ever changes her hair style throughout the year.
blakraven66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-16, 11:06   Link #11
nosaer

Erika is an interesting person. your losing relevance remark could describe almost anyone that Tats and Miyuki met in the first arc. Most of their sempais graduated and get less or no face time, and leo &Erika are still 2nd course so they are seen less. But I think there might be a big arc for Erika in the future with this new Rosen branch thing popping up every now and then. plus she's a fiery character, and how can you not like a fiery woman in this series to offset all the stoic, cool, shy, people in it.
nosaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-16, 12:19   Link #12
Ruci

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakraven66 View Post
I wonder if there's any significance with Erika being the only one in the series (or one of the few in anime) that ever changes her hair style throughout the year.
Isn't that because she can't let her hair grow long before entering First High? I remember Mikihiko said that she is very different before High School. Coupled with the fact she was not a "Chiba" before the series began...

I think Erika's interactions with her family is one of the most complicated familial relations in the series, next to Tatsuya's relationship to Yotsuba. Toshikazu looks like doting her, but she is irritated with him and think he is a casanova. Naotsugu is cold to her, but she has a brocon moment in 9SC. She looks intimidated by him when warning him in the Vampire arc, then challenges him in the final battle. Then we have her sister, who trolled Leo (and Erika). We also have their father, the Chiba family head, who should be the one who impose restrictions to her (since he is the family head). Finally, we have the Rozen, who also plotting something and seen speaking to Leo...
Ruci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-16, 12:22   Link #13
Echizen777

Erika... should have been the main heroine.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-17, 18:28   Link #14
zerozeronine

2nd brocon of the series,not in Miyuki's level though
zerozeronine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-17, 19:39   Link #15
kazakiri
Nobody Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerozeronine View Post
2nd brocon of the series,not in Miyuki's level though
Yes, and we all know how difficult it is to deal with a bro-con... Thinking of it like that, it's almost as if we just dashed the hope of shippers.

When people say 'Erika' at her best, they usually include 'Orochimaru' but it makes me wonder if 'Mizuchimaru' would also put her at her best.

Offtopic but why are the character threads Tatsuya and his most shipped?
kazakiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-20, 01:00   Link #16
bietchie11
OneTrueTatsuya's apostles

Quote:
Erika is for Realist people!
No pampz, be honest.
Erika is for pony-tail fetish-inflicted people!!!
Politics: Capitalism

-Silentwolfie-
bietchie11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-20, 02:56   Link #17
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazakiri View Post
Yes, and we all know how difficult it is to deal with a bro-con... Thinking of it like that, it's almost as if we just dashed the hope of shippers.

When people say 'Erika' at her best, they usually include 'Orochimaru' but it makes me wonder if 'Mizuchimaru' would also put her at her best.

Offtopic but why are the character threads Tatsuya and his most shipped?
Well "Otochimaru" has alot more power than "Mizuchimaru"; if Yokohama disturbance arc gets animated Yamatsunami might look like Getsuga Tenshou.

For the question you should know by watching ep. 7 cuz shes one that brings out the more romance and funny scenes for Tatsuya. Well we have Miyuki and Mayumi's scene but mostly the girls are the one doing the work while when Erika and Tatsuya together both of them are flirting or trying to take the upper hand which Tatsuya always gets it so he unsually put more effort if it involve Erika.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bietchie11 View Post
No pampz, be honest.
Erika is for pony-tail fetish-inflicted people!!!
Lol cant deny the power of ponytails; who ever created it is a world class genius.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Old 2014-05-26, 02:28   Link #18
Guest2

The latest episode skipped out one of my favourtie Erika scenes. How could they NOT show Erika's breathy close combat '♪Mikihiko♪' attack. Oh the tragedy.
Guest2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-26, 02:54   Link #19
pampz21
ShipCore

Well its pretty fun anyways; just the things i wanna see in this is arc is maid Erika and Erika getting caught by Mari. Or Erika face plant on Tatsuya's pillow, Miki x Erika.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Last edited by pampz21; 2014-05-26 at 09:21.
Old 2014-05-26, 03:09   Link #20
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Quote:
Well its pretty fun anyways; just one the things i wanna see in this is arc is maid Erika and Erika getting caught by Mari. Or Erika face plant on Tatsuya's pillow, Miki x Erika.
What will happen if there won't be maid erika