AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2010-07-04, 10:46   Link #12581
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystalwitch View Post
If Rokkenjima was destroyed because a natural incident/a bomb/something, there's no way they would have a portrait made in there.
Portraits aren't real except the original one.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 10:46   Link #12582
Himeyume
A New Witch

I did. Things are going too fast x.x''
Old 2010-07-04, 10:49   Link #12583
imaginari
Purupurupiko-Man

Location: My beloved hometown, the mackerel river running through it
Apparently the game is in Squigglevision now. But, yeah, total Kinzoface there IMO.
imaginari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 10:49   Link #12584
chronotrig

Okay, that Kinzo theory didn't last long ^^;

Jan-poo's future Jessica looks pretty likely. The girl's clothes are a near perfect combination of Krauss's and Natsuhi's. Add in what is clearly the butterfly brooch and the portrait, and it's either her or a new character.

Then again, if Kanon is Kinzo's successor, the first theory wasn't so far off the mark...

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 10:51   Link #12585
ameskitty
Kupo

Well, I'm glad I don't seem to be the only one thinking they look like Jessica and Kanon. Maybe I'll reverse saying that they're Asumu and other Battler (although maybe Kanon is the other Battler).

Maybe this is something like Shannon is Beatrice, they both know it (or one of them knows it), and they don't have the heart to reveal her, so Bern sent these guys from another kakera where they miraculously survived to do the job instead.

Avatar adapted from Yoshitaka Amano art

"There is no such thing as a sexy George." - Rhiannon, Easy A
ameskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 10:52   Link #12586
DgBarca

Hum...this guy pendent looks like Dlanor Key symbol with a anchor-like end...in fact...+ yellow eyes + blue outfit...
DgBarca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 10:52   Link #12587
luckyssol

So are we guessing that they are future Jessica and ライト in the portrait then?

It's a very interesting possibility, but why would Jessica go into hiding after the incident while Eva did not?
Old 2010-07-04, 10:54   Link #12588
LyricalAura
Dea ex Kakera

To complement chrono's screenshot translations, here's the text from that page:

Spoiler for Requiem:
Old 2010-07-04, 11:01   Link #12589
imaginari
Purupurupiko-Man

Location: My beloved hometown, the mackerel river running through it
I love Google Translate:

Quote:
Climax before finally answer all the alignment begins, "When They Sound novel" episode 7 will start booking.

"Without it impossible vision."
And Hitoshi Satoru she said.

S vision which comes through love.
Vision will therefore be forced love.

Love to know, believe in magic, the door is open El Dorado.
imaginari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 11:03   Link #12590
Digdri
Uu~ Let's solve a riddle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DgBarca View Post
The red hair is related to Battler and Ange...
Hoo...Battler real parents, BOTH, not only Asumu...
Obvious intention but still indicating a connection to another character by a single off-color hair ... that even weird for anime/manga/VN standards, isn't it? Even more in a story mostly not so eccentric about all the anime tropes. (at least on the chessboard ^^)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Ice View Post
You've just killed an Ushiromiya.
Oh don't worry... they get better. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Portraits aren't real except the original one.
Still a would tread them as a method of some unknown painter in the meta / real world with some intent of expressing something.

Remember all the bewilderment about this feel of "corruption" and the dead hand in Erikas portrait totally mismatching the smile on her face. That was some really clever foreshadowing for her role.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DgBarca View Post
Hum...this guy pendent looks like Dlanor Key symbol with a anchor-like end...in fact...+ yellow eyes + blue outfit...
*facepalm* How could I not notice the connection

"And Knox himself decented from the heavens and told the author of the story: 'Stop messing around with MY rules or I will mess with it some more!' "

Last edited by Digdri; 2010-07-04 at 11:14.
Digdri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 11:11   Link #12591
Sentou
Ace Detective

Future Jessica theory seems nice, but I can't help but wonder if it may be Asumu.
Sentou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 11:12   Link #12592
ijriims

Conclusion:

The man is Wright.

Reason: The man's outfit is too modern to be like any character from 1986, plus having the same iris colour as Dlanor.

The girl's outfit is more traditional. Look old-fashioned. Plus she had normal iris colour, so she had to be real character.

Anyone noticing the girl holding a rose?

She could not be Jessica though, since Jessica's hair colour is probably not blonde.

Battler, you have already known it, right?

Without Love, it cannot be seen.
ijriims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 11:19   Link #12593
Auria

Doesn't "climax is about to begin" indicate that the climax may have not ended with the 7th episode? Mhmhmhmhmh.

btw, I'm confused. :0
Auria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 11:24   Link #12594
Sentou
Ace Detective

That's a fairly baseless assumption, ijiriims. It's never said that Jessica dyes her hair so why wouldn't it be blonde?

Unless you assume that because she's Japanese it can't be blonde, to which I say to you:

1. Battler's hair is red and
2. That very well may be a clue.
Sentou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 11:28   Link #12595
Digdri
Uu~ Let's solve a riddle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auria View Post
Doesn't "climax is about to begin" indicate that the climax may have not ended with the 7th episode? Mhmhmhmhmh.

btw, I'm confused. :0
Well there still never was a definite answer if Umineko will be 7 or 8 episodes long but considering passages in the announcement like

Spoiler for requiem:

I'd guess EP7 will be much like the 7th Higurashi game containing big reveals about truth but not not the wanted happy(?) ending. Also very fitting considering Bern is spinning this tale.

If Erika/Berns idea to solve EP5 is any indication for her style this story could get very grim / disturbing / worst-case-theory-like.... Bern should is no person to leave any "love" in her games without some really wicked twists.
Digdri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 11:30   Link #12596
ijriims

Sorry about that.

She could be Jessica. Her clothing may be a reminder of her mother Natsuhi, and the colour is what Krauss wear. She may keep her survival a secret because afraid of being hunted down by Eva. (Consider she was probably "dead" legally, can she inherit the wealth?)

She turned to become more traditional since her parents and lover both deceased.

She may be the one giving the information to Hachijou.

Speculation though.

But more I think about it, the more it smells truth to me...

Battler, you have already known it, right?

Without Love, it cannot be seen.

Last edited by ijriims; 2010-07-04 at 11:51.
ijriims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 11:31   Link #12597
ameskitty
Kupo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijriims View Post
She could not be Jessica though, since Jessica's hair colour is probably not blonde.
Regardless of that random "theory" (I don't really get it, personally), Jessica's hair "appears" blonde in game so it makes sense if a character based on her also has hair that "appears" blonde. The rose is also kind of fitting for her if you think about it, and as others have said her outfit looks like a perfect blend of Krauss and Natsuhi's. (oops, I was ninja'd, and it looks like you said the exact same thing about her clothes, but I might as well keep this part XD)

Also, if they were 1986 characters, they'd be 1986 characters from the future (perhaps another 1998?), so it'd make sense for them to look "modern".

Of the two, the "Wright" seems a lot less likely to be any 1986 character, I'd agree, but with the brooch on the table and after EP6, it's hard for me to think that it isn't somehow Kanon (unless he also died)...

EDIT: Her being a cold, heartless informant for Bern would actually make a whole lot of sense if Kanon died (well, even if he didn't, but even more so).

Either that or Ryu is trolling all of us again .

I think I'll stop here - I always say that speculation is near pointless until there's actually something to read, so I might as well stick to that XD.

Avatar adapted from Yoshitaka Amano art

"There is no such thing as a sexy George." - Rhiannon, Easy A
ameskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 11:42   Link #12598
DgBarca

Woof
Hum....it may be wrong
DgBarca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 12:03   Link #12599
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Another thing I noticed: the woman is holding a single rose in her hand in the portrait.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 12:05   Link #12600
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Another thing I noticed: the woman is holding a single rose in her hand in the portrait.
Not that these little details aren't interesting, but sometimes they don't end up really meaning anything important (like the creep hand in Erika's portrait.)