AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-03-28, 05:16   Link #21
AdamEndless9
Straight-Edge Dragon Hero

New Info (source):
Airs in July
Director: Toru Kitahata
Animation Director: Hiroaki Aida
Script: Katsuhiko Takayama
Music: Elements Garden
Animation Production: AIC Build
Spoiler for Animation Visual:
Old 2012-03-28, 05:44   Link #22
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamEndless9 View Post
New Info (source):
Airs in July
It's a good news for me. The character-design stays very true to the VN.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 16:31   Link #23
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

AIC? Well this just lost a lot of steam for me. They aren't going to handle this that well me thinks.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 17:36   Link #24
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
AIC? Well this just lost a lot of steam for me. They aren't going to handle this that well me thinks.
I don't think it's the studio that makes much of a difference here. AIC Build is just responsible for the animation, and they did a pretty good job on Oreimo and Haganai. I suppose if there's cause for concern, this will be the Director's first full production, though he has worked on a wide variety of shows over the years (everything The Big O to Haganai and KgNE). The lead writer is a pretty decent choice for this genre, having worked on ef, KgNE, and the more dramatic episodes of Shuffle. All in all, I think it's a pretty reasonable crew, and I think it has potential to be a decent romantic drama (with a good side of school life/politics).
Old 2012-03-28, 17:52   Link #25
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I don't think it's the studio that makes much of a difference here. AIC Build is just responsible for the animation, and they did a pretty good job on Oreimo and Haganai. I suppose if there's cause for concern, this will be the Director's first full production, though he has worked on a wide variety of shows over the years (everything The Big O to Haganai and KgNE). The lead writer is a pretty decent choice for this genre, having worked on ef, KgNE, and the more dramatic episodes of Shuffle. All in all, I think it's a pretty reasonable crew, and I think it has potential to be a decent romantic drama (with a good side of school life/politics).
Well as far as animation goes, they were alright, though I felt Haganai suffered some quality issues in the later stretch. I was more concerned by the directers/writers they usually hire. The writer is more promising than the director at the very least.

I'm not saying it's going to suck or anything, but in the hands of a more attractive studio I'd be looking forward to it more... We'll see though.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 18:06   Link #26
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
New Info (source):
Airs in July
Not much to go on with the director... Aida-san seems to be as good as the material he adapts.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-29, 12:35   Link #27
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

This looks promising, good staff and I like the designs. Been a while since I've seen a good eroge adaptation too. I wonder if they are going to do this omnibus like Yosuga no Sora.

Still waiting for Devil on G-string, I'm amazed they haven't adapted that yet.
Old 2012-03-29, 12:58   Link #28
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I wonder if they are going to do this omnibus like Yosuga no Sora.
Obviously I don't know what they'll do for sure, but based on the original game and assuming this will be a one-cour show, I would bet on a linear route-merged adaptation in this case. It's a story that revolves a single event, so omnibus would mean a lot of repetition. I also think that merging the routes could add some additional tension/drama, and I expect that given the writer they have on board (again, his genre history: KgNE, ef, and Episodes 19 & 20 of Shuffle... almost nothing but drama).
Old 2012-03-29, 13:09   Link #29
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Obviously I don't know what they'll do for sure, but based on the original game and assuming this will be a one-cour show, I would bet on a linear route-merged adaptation in this case. It's a story that revolves a single event, so omnibus would mean a lot of repetition. I also think that merging the routes could add some additional tension/drama, and I expect that given the writer they have on board (again, his genre history: KgNE, ef, and Episodes 19 & 20 of Shuffle... almost nothing but drama).
Got ya. I was just being curious, is all.
Old 2012-03-29, 13:13   Link #30
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Ugh ... more drama than necessary should really not be included /is drama-damaged
As for merging character stories: This might work depending on which route they decide to focus on (if at all). Technically, Isara's plot points (without the romance) could work on any route due to the focus on the student president election. Satsuki maybe to venture into the matters between her sis and she.
Mifuyu? Please not. Drama overload/overkill
Michiru: No idea, her route was too confusing with my low-level jp. knowledge.

The animation visual does look good, imho. I will probably wait in which direction the anime goes once it starts in July before deciding whether to watch it or not.

Strangely, I had absolutely no problems with Ef's and most of Shuffle's drama. Heck, I loved Ef overall. /OT
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-29, 13:19   Link #31
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I think we'd have to go to the game thread to get into any specifics of how the story could be told and the routes could be merged, but I guess it was only to say that I really can't imagine omnibus in this case, even though that likely means they'll pick one route over the others. The only thing I hope is that they don't try to create an "every route" with no romantic ending, as that would just annoy me greatly.
Old 2012-03-29, 19:47   Link #32
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
This looks promising, good staff and I like the designs. Been a while since I've seen a good eroge adaptation too. I wonder if they are going to do this omnibus like Yosuga no Sora.

Still waiting for Devil on G-string, I'm amazed they haven't adapted that yet.
Pff. Sharin no Kuni first plz. That one is more overdue . But if we wanna go there, ever17 :3.

Anyways I like the art for now. AIC is a studio that I'm neutral with. Haganai was okay and Wandering son was fantastic. But they did Oreimo which was kinda bad.

Someone get Mari okada to adapt this and turn it into a pervy angst fest . /troll

Last edited by Pocari_Sweat; 2012-03-29 at 20:00.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 06:09   Link #33
AdamEndless9
Straight-Edge Dragon Hero

A first look at the PV:
Old 2012-03-31, 08:04   Link #34
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

That was a nice PV. The animation was solid and the music was pretty good.

Urgh... must keep expectations low...
Old 2012-03-31, 08:10   Link #35
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
A first look at the PV:
While I keep my expectations so low to the series, I can expect that huge loads of drama will happen once it went to midway. After that, this would be AIC Build's first drama anime.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-01, 15:30   Link #36
Valky
Radioactive

You can see the pv more clearly on their official website.

I haven't play the game so I don't know what to expect, but from the way it looks .. it looks really good.

Summer .. will be a blast.
Old 2012-04-01, 19:47   Link #37
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Daaamn. Those were some nice character designs. See that's how you do moe! Not frakken chipmunks.

Although the plot could still suck since its a VN adaptation and those don't have the best reputation for quality. Then again, Mashiro-iro Symphony was decent (although not excellent). I'll just expect that I'll watch this for da visuals Guilty Crown style :3.

Keeping expectations low.

Last edited by Pocari_Sweat; 2012-04-01 at 21:47.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 03:46   Link #38
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

It looks pretty, sounds pretty, and has pretty girls. I'm watching it for the aesthetic orgasm.

Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 06:56   Link #39
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Very surprised by the quality in the animation in that PV. I'll be keeping an eye out for this for sure.
boggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-28, 08:00   Link #40
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Cast addition: Nakamura Yuuichi as Yuuki

...and so we have another eroge with You-kyan taking the lead role that wasn't voiced in the game...

source: yaraon

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, eroge, politics, romance, school life, seinen